Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ The Traveling Confessional ❯ Tears, Beer and Dirty Looks ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Traveling Confessional
Tears, Beer and Dirty Looks

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *

Wolfwood took a huge gulp of his twentieth beer. He looked across the tablet o find, not only Vash, but also the barmaid and the bartender sucking up the last of his story. It had been his belief that it was a good, meaningful story, but some of his audience’s reactions said otherwise.

“That’s sick,” muttered the barmaid. “Absolutely grotesque.”

“That’s the last time I let priests in my bar,” shuddered the bartender.

And then there was Vash…

With tears flowing form his eyes, he whispered, “That…was…beautiful!”

Wolfwood slammed his mug onto the table for a final time and lit up his thirteenth cigarette that night. “It was, wasn’t it? But it isn’t over! I still have to tell you the conclusion.”

Vash snapped to attention.

“Well, about a month after that Christmas, I was called into the Reverend’s office. He looked a little concerned for some reason, but I was never sure why. Well, he said that I was no longer to be a priest of that church. He told me that some of the employees had been complaining, though he didn’t say who or why.

“As I was packing that night, I came across the crucifix that Brian had found and given to me one night in the barn. It was terrible to part with him, especially when I wasn’t allowed to say goodbye. So, I devised a plan to keep his memory with me forever: a traveling confessional. It would be shaped like a church, with Brian’s little cross at the top…and so it is.

“Now, if you’d excuse me,” Wolfwood said, standing, “I think it’s time I got some sleep. We’ve got that shooting contest tomorrow.”

“Oh, right!” Vash exclaimed. He jumped up, only to fall back down again. “Ahe…” he laughed. After several tries, he managed to get on his feet and stay there.

As they clambered up the stairs of the bar to their rooms above, they bid each other good night.

“G’night Nick,” murmured Vash, sleepily.

“Night Brian…I mean, Vash,” replied Wolfwood, an odd sort of smile playing on his lips.

“Whatcha’ smilin’ for?” his friend asked.

“Oh,” the priest said mischievously, “no reason. Hey, do you mind if I spend the night in your room? I’m…um…I’m, ah…I’m afraid of the dark.”

Vash shrugged and said, “Alright, but just tonight.”

“Tonight is all I need,” muttered Wolfwood under his breath. He followed Vash into his room and slowly shut the door.

The End




*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*

A/N: Ah, yes, so the story concludes shortly, yet sweetly. Well, drunkenly, actually, but same difference. Heh…I just had to put a shounen-ai at the end (so typical of me. ^_^) Hope y’all liked it! Just for kicks, if anyone wants to review/e-mail me w/ their ideas on how Wolfwood got the traveling confessional, I’m all ears. I want to see if I’m the only sick freak out there…