Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ At Hells End ❯ Ch1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ch. 1
"T.J! Time to go!" yelled Sarah. T.J., a.k., sighed. He really did not want to go. He hated moving from each orphanage without knowing what to expect.
This time was different though. His social worker, Sarah Robinson, had decided to move Gohan to another state. He hasn't left Colorado since he became an orphan 7 years ago. He decided to go with it.'Maybe my bad luck will just stay here' he thought hopefully. 'Nah, Kami likes to torture me too much'
When Gohan finally got in the car, Sarah told him not to worry. "I'm sure you'll be fine. Nobody in Forks will dare to lay a hand on you. Especially since you are going to be living with the chief of police, Charlie Swanson." Gohan simply nodded. Sarah frowned and reminded Gohan to be polite and actually attempt to talk to Charlie. "I know you're a mute, but I still say it's just becuase you can use it to keep from having to actually converse with others." Gohan smirked and mouthed the words "maybe". Sarah laughed.
The drive to the airport was quiet. Sarah was thinking about the reason she had asked Charlie to take him.
~FLASHBACK~
T.J. was running a dangerously high temp, although he insisted he was feeling as fine as was expected with a broken leg and arm.
When the fever never went down, Sarah was positive she knew what was up with him. The fever, coupled with the facts that he was incredibly nervous and all his injuries healed faster than humanely possible, were all the signs she needed. She
immediately called Billy Black, who was the only person who could possibly help the poor kid. The only person she still kept in contact with, anyway. He said that because of his disability, he couldn't take the boy. But he had a friend that could. "They could use the protection" he'd said.
Not a lot was known about T.J.. Not even his real name. T.J. was what they called him, and she suspected that he hated it.
It was not the name his parents gave him. But his mom was dead, killed herself in the bathtub 6 years ago. Poor 11 year old T.J. had found the body. It said in his file that when they finally found him, he was clutching his screaming infant brother to
him, his eyes blank. His father wasn't anywhere to be found.
He wasn't very suprised. Most orphans don't know who their parents are. He was surprised, however, at the extensive amount of abuse the boy had suffered. Sarah had sent him T.J.'s file to make sure that Charlie would be able to take care of him. "Who the hell checked these so called foster parents out?!" Billy had demanded. "Nobody", responded Sarah "he wasn't my case. His old social worker was fired because she let him get abused so many times. But you do know this means that I will be giving a thorough background investigation on your friend, right?" "Yeah I know. But before you talk to him, let me see if he'll even think about adopting the poor kid."
~END FLASHBACK~
And that was it. He talked to Charlie, she did a background check, and the next thing they knew, they were on their way.
The only problem was the fact that shortly after this, a woman named Bulma Briefs came looking for T.J. claiming to be a concerned friend of the family. She said that hers was the family that had adopted the younger brother, and they were interested in reuniting the two. "I've been looking for him for so long, but I always asked for him by name. I think he may have changed it." She showed Sarah a picture of an 11-year-old boy. He wasn't smiling: instead, he was just sort of glaring at the camera.
He was in the middle of cooking something, his hands full holding a mixing bowl and a whisk. She recognized the look. It was T.J. She wasn't sure what to do. Should she take her to him, even though he was sleeping? Or pretend she had never seen him?
Normally, she wouldn't have hesitated, and brought her straight to the sleeping teen. But she had just got him another home, and he had a good reason for actually going to this one. So she made up her mind. "I'm sorry, I don't recognize him."
Mrs. Briefs had looked so disappointed that she almost told her the truth. Almost.
So here they were, boarding the plane. They would be flying for about 3 hours, and then they would be meeting Charlie up close and personal. She was excited. They had been trying so hard to find a good home for T.J., and it looked like they had finally succeeded. At least, she hoped so. It was still too early to tell.
When they sat down in their seats, they talked for a while. Or rather, Sarah talked and T.J. signed his thoughts and opinions.
"So T.J., what grade level do you think you'll be in?" asked Sarah. T.J. held up ten fingers, then two more. "Twelfth?" he pointed his thumb towards the ceiling and made a going up motion. "College?" Sarah questioned. T.J. nodded and grinned.
"What makes you think you are so smart?" He just gave her this look. "Oh right, I forgot you teenagers know everything." He nodded, with this huge smile on his face. "Well, kid, you've got 2 and a half hours to rest. I suggest you grab what sleep you can before we get there." T.J. nodded and rolled over.
He only pretended to nap. While he lay there, he thought about the last few years of his life.
He couldn't remember the end of the cell games. The young sayian had blacked out when the power from the ascended super sayian level became too much. He hadn't been near death, even though that might have been preferable. No, he lost control of his mind and body, attacking everybody, including his friends and people he had considered family. Someone, (he wasn't sure who) knocked him out and he awoke 2 weeks later in Capsule Corp.
A sudden burst of turbulence caused Gohan to lose track of what he was thinking. He looked out the window and could have sworn he saw an orange blur streak by, but then decided that it was just wishful thinking.
He decided to take a nap before they touched down. As he snuggled into his pillow, he thought he saw the same blur streak by, but then darkness over took him.