Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ At Hells End ❯ Ch2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ch. 2
He was in a dark room, chained to a damp wall. He could hardly see and he couldn't move his right leg. But he was OK as long as he was alone. Starvation would be preferable compared to what will happen when HE comes.
Suddenly, footsteps were heard overhead. Gohan, with the sudden ability to see in the dark as though he were a cat, knew it was HIM, the monster that was the man who had adopted him.
The door opened and Gohan realized that he was back in that dreaded basement. Through the bright light there was a silhouette, as though an angel had come to rescue him. But he knew it was no angel, no this was a demon. The man stomped his way down the stairs and then the short distance to where Gohan was chained to the wall.
So,” he sneered, “you think you're real tough, don't ya? Well guess what? You're NOT!! YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A PIECE OF SHIT THAT WILL NEVER BE WORTH ANYTHING!!!”
He punched Gohan in the stomach so hard, that Gohan threw up all over the man's shoe. The man yelled in outrage and punched Gohan in the mouth, effectively breaking his jaw. Then he unchained Gohan and told him to run. The starved teen went faster than what should have been humanly possible with his right leg broke. But he scrambled up the stairs .He knew that if he made it to the attic he'd be OK. He made it all the way to the first bedroom before HE caught him. HE grabbed Gohan's foot, causing him to fall on his face, and smack his already broken jaw on the floor. Stars exploded behind his eyes, but he fought unconsciousness, struggling to free himself. He could feel himself being pulled back into the basement, screaming in his mind, `NO NO NO NO NO NO! Don't let him do it again, please Kami don't let him-`
Gohan felt someone shake him awake.
“T.J., we're landing, put your seat belt on.”
Sarah had been watching T.J. sleep, concerned that he might freak out on the plane. Having a panicking teen while this high up would not be a good thing. Especially with one as strong as T.J.
She had been thinking about an incident they had had earlier. She had told Gohan that he would no longer need any of his medications. He had accepted that after she'd talked to him for a few minutes. But when she had tried to throw away an odd looking bottle, he'd thrown such a fit, she'd thought he was going to break something. She remembered the bottle had said Capsule Corp., and she had thought `Capsule Corp doesn't have a hand in the pharmaceutical business, do they?' She had attempted calling them to inquire about it, but nobody had picked up. By then, she had assumed that since THE Bulma Briefs knew the family, it probably was just something for a disorder like ADHD or something. He certainly seemed to have all the symptoms, but they were all covered up by depression. In the end, she decided to let him have them IF and only IF he eased himself off of them. He gave her his word, and that was it.
Now she watched him stir and put on his seat belt. `I hope you can make it through this kid, I really do.'
When the plane touched down and they got their things together, Sarah and Gohan made there way to the parking lot where they noticed a man in a police uniform. Sarah made her way over to him and exchanged a few words and a handshake. She then called Gohan over to them and introduced him.
“This is T.J. T.J, this is Charlie, your new foster parent.”
“How are ya?” asked Charlie kindly. Gohan simply smiled and gave a thumbs up. Then he motioned back to Charlie in a way that made its meaning clear: “And you?”
Charlie shrugged and said “I'm alright. We should go back to my house. Let me grab your things.” He picked up Gohan's bags, and carried them to his car. He put them in the back of his cruiser. “Unfortunately, I only have this cruiser, so someone will have to sit in the back.” Sarah volunteered, and so Gohan sat up front with Charlie. He was extremely uncomfortable, but he knew that Sarah would get her way, and he didn't want to start out on the wrong foot with Charlie, so he bit the bullet. The drive there was pretty quiet, at least, until they got half way there. “I bought you a truck,” Charlie announced suddenly. Gohan turned around to look at him, eyes wide. “I bought my daughter one awhile back, and didn't think it'd be fair that I bought her one and not you. Besides, with her boyfriend (there was a bit of anger when he said that, but it was obvious that he'd tried to hide that) she's never home, so you would never get to use it.”
Gohan looked curious, and Sarah was sure she knew why. “Tell us about your daughter” she said. Gohan looked relieved, so she knew she was right.
“Bella? She's a great kid, but a little confused on who she should date. There's this guy she's dating, his name is Edward Cullen. He left her last year, and she was like a zombie. I did everything I could to get her back, but nothing worked. Finally my friend Billy brought Jacob over and she started going over there to his house to (as I found out later, to my disapproval) fix two motorbikes. The more she hung out with him, the healthier she became…”
Gohan was interested in what he was saying, but now, he was starting to vent. He decided to let the man get it out of his system. But apparently, Edward had come, since she was still dating him. He got the feeling that Charlie preferred Jacob, and from the way he described Edward, no wonder. However, he knew that if a person does one thing wrong, the way people look at them can be permanently altered.
He signed to Sarah that he wanted to get off the subject before he found out too much of Bella's personal life.
Sarah smartly switched subjects to something most men preferred to talk about. “What kind of truck did you get T.J.?” “Huh? Oh! I got him a black Ford F150. Your truck is newer than Bella's, but she likes her old truck, and refuses to get a new one, even though I offered to buy one for her. It's got leather seats, a CD player, a back seat, and it goes up to 200mph. I hope you like it. I'll buy gas for you for 3 months, that should give you plenty of time to settle in and find a job, right?”
Gohan nodded his head and signed that 3 months is fine.
“Well, it looks like we are here.”
Gohan took a deep breath and got out of the car.