Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ At Hells End ❯ Ch3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ch. 3
As Gohan stepped out into the rain, he looked around. The house was nice; it had two stories, and a large oak tree out front. It also had a rather large forest to the left of the house. `Well, now I know where I will be spending the majority my time…' Gohan thought.
Charlie, no doubt noticing his quick inspection of the area, spoke “ Well T.J., unfortunately, despite how large my house looks from the outside, it's really quite small, and as I wasn't even expecting you until last week, I haven't had time to make you a proper bedroom. I hope you don't mind, but I fixed the basement up for you.” Gohan smiled and gave a thumbs up. Charlie grinned back and said “Well, how about I show you the inside of your new home?” Gohan nodded and followed Charlie inside. Sarah followed as well, but made sure that she was at a distance to observe, but not directly interfere unless she thought it was needed.
Charlie unlocked the door with a set of keys that were separate from his cruiser keys. As soon as he pulled the key out of the door, he gave them to Gohan. “Those are your house key, truck key, gas tank, and truck bed key. You do know how to drive don't you?” He asked, suddenly nervous. Gohan smiled and nodded. Charlie seemed relieved .
“Ah, home sweet home! Ok, how `bout I show you the upstairs first?” Gohan nodded. Charlie led them upstairs and pointed to the only door on the left room. “That's the bathroom. This door closest to us on the right is Bella's room. And the door on the end is my room. If you ever need anything, let me or Bella know, we will be happy to help. Alright, back downstairs.” He led them back downstairs and said “ this is the living room, and through here is the kitchen.” He led them through the kitchen, and then showed them back under the stairs.
There was a door there, and at first glance, you couldn't even tell that it was there. You had to actually know what you were looking for to even find the opening. “And this, “ he opened the door, “is your room!” He flicked the light and showed them a set of stairs that went down. They all walked down the stairs and saw a room that was quite large. There was a water bed in one corner, and a set of weights in another. In the middle of the floor was a large pile of boxes. And in another corner was a large dresser with a mirror. There were shelves on two of the walls, and two more doors under the stairs. Charlie walked to the boxes in the middle of the room and said “These are some things I dug up and thought you might like, mainly just old posters and car models and things like that. I haven't had a chance to buy you any new clothes, but here in a minute I will give you about five hundred dollars to buy some new clothes and anything else you may want. I enrolled you into high school, you start next week, so you may need to get some books and other school supplies…” he trailed off when he realized that T.J. wasn't listening anymore.
He was looking around the room in awe. No foster parent had ever done this much for him. He was curious as to what was in the two doors so he walked over to them and after making sure it was ok with Charlie, opened them. One of them was simply a closet. It was about medium size, and was bare. He had heard Charlie say that he was going to give him some money for clothes, so he wasn't to concerned about that. He made a mental note to pay him back when he got a job. In the other door, he was surprised to find a bathroom. It was very small, and only a half bath, just the toilet and a sink. Gohan smiled, he was very happy he had a bathroom In here, it meant that he didn't have to leave his room very often. Then he remembered what Charlie had said about school. He had never attended a real school, merely home school his whole life…Oh well, he'll cross that bridge when he came to it. (AN: I know that most abused people would be freaking out about this, but I've always thought that Gohan was a bit of a worrywart before, so I figured that he would have totally change his outlook, and be really calm, almost apathetic. Kinda like he said fuck it, it can't be worse than what I've already been through…)
Sarah and Charlie were watching him carefully, and having a conversation. “I will be coming every three months to see how he is doing. I would come more often, but I can't really afford the trip” Sarah told Charlie. “That's fine, I was thinking that you would be coming every week until I remembered that you are from.” Charlie replied. “He seems to be doing extremely well so far, you've actually gotten him to like you in under a day.” Sarah remarked. “I just know how to talk to kids”. He looked at T.J. and said “T.J. we're going to go to Port Angeles and have a night out. We'll also go and buy you some new clothes and things while we are there. You can drive us there in your truck, if you like.” Gohan looked at him and nodded.
Sarah looked at T.J., and walked up to him. He looked at her curiously with really sad eyes, almost as though he knew what she was going to say. “T.J., I have to go now, but I will be back in three months. Behave for Charlie, ok?” He looked at her, smiled and nodded. Sarah felt like this was good sign, because T.J. used to look scared whenever somebody came and talked to him. She waved bye and then turned and went up the stairs, to call a ride presumably. Charlie looked at T.J., smiled, and followed Sarah up the stairs.
When he got to her, he spoke quietly “Do you need a ride?” She looked at him and said “I was just going to walk to La Push and visit an old friend of mine.” “You can't walk that far in this weather!” Charlie exclaimed. As soon as he spoke thunder rolled and lightening flashed, as though to give testament to his words. “I'll give you a ride, just let me tell T.J.” He turned and walked down the stairs and saw T.J. going through the boxes. “Hey T.J., I'm going to give Sarah a ride, do you mind waiting here?” T.J. looked up at him and shook his no and smiled before going through the boxes again.
Charlie returned the smile and walked back up the stairs. “He's willing to wait here, are you ready to go?” “Well, I guess so, if you don't mind” Sarah said. “I don't mind at all” replied Charlie. They walked to the front door together. Charlie turned around, as though he had forgotten something , and yelled “Oh and T.J., Bella will be here around five, so don't be alarmed if someone comes and you don't recognize them!” At that, Charlie and Sarah walked out into the rain.
Okay, well that was quick…maybe I should write longer chapters???? What do you think?