Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ At Hells End ❯ Ch4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ch. 4
 
Gohan listened as they left, and then he went back upstairs and looked around. He was a bit thirsty, so he made himself a glass of water. He leaned against the counter sipping his water as he thought about what Charlie said as he left.
 
`I wonder what Bella is like? Charlie did mention that she had a boyfriend, so will he be coming in with her? I hope not…it's going to be awkward enough meeting one new person without have someone that I already know next to me…but I can deal with it if he does come…I hope' His thoughts were interrupted by a loud roar. He jumped slightly and thought `what the HELL was that?!' Before he could look, he heard voices coming closer to the door “-ward, I want to go see Jacob, he's hurting because of me!” a second voice sounded, closer than the first one “Bella, I can't just throw you to the wolves! They are dangerous, you saw Emily's face! That's what happens when they lose their tempers, and I will not have you injured by some DOG!” Gohan gathered from the voices and what they were saying that the first voice was Bella, and the second voice was Edward. “Hang on Bella, please!” “No Edward, this is my house! If one of the pack is here, I want to see them!” the front door opened and in came a pale girl with wavy brown hair and brown eyes. Next to her was a boy who looked as though he could be America's next top model. At the same instant that they walked in, the most sickeningly sweet scent hit Gohan's nose, it burned, it was so sweet. His eyes started to water, but he ignored it, not wanting to be rude. The most peculiar thing, though, was the instinct to attack Edward that suddenly ripped through him. He stayed relaxed, however, as he did not know this boy and had no reason to attack him.
 
Suddenly, Edward grabbed Bella and shoved her behind him and snarled at Gohan. He was surprised at that, and he hurriedly put his hands up in front of him to show he meant no harm. “Who are you?!” Edward snarled at Gohan. He wasn't sure how to answer that with out talking out loud. So he did the only thing he could do. He shook his head and frowned a little. Edward growled again and was about to say something when Gohan mimed writing something. Edward looked confused for just a second before asking, “What are you, mute?” Gohan nodded. He looked taken aback for a split second before he grabbed Bell and took her upstairs. At first Gohan was confused, but then Edward and Bella came back with a pen and spiral. Gohan smiled and took them from Edward and flipped the notebook open to a clean sheet. Edward looked wary and again asked “Who are you?” but he was more curious than angry, unlike earlier. Gohan quickly wrote
 
(AN: When Gohan writes things, it will be bold Italics)
 
T.J.
 
“Why are you in my girlfriends house?”
 
Didn't Charlie tell you? Gohan was confused. He thought that once he had established who he was, everything would be okay. But apparently, neither one of them knew he was.
 
“Tell us what? He's not trying to hook us up, is he? Sorry but I'm happy with Edward, no matter what my dad thinks!” That was obviously Bella.
 
NO NO NO NO NO! You got it wrong…Charlie adopted me. He said that he thought you always wanted a sibling and he said that he always wanted more kids. I thought for sure he would have told you…
 
Bella and Edward looked shocked for a second. Then they snapped out of it. “No way! I don't believe you, my dad would have told me!” Bella exclaimed.
 
Call him.
 
Once again they looked shocked, but then Bella said, “Fine. I will. Edward, hand me the phone please.” Edward silently handed her the phone, never taking his eyes off of the newly identified T.J..
 
Gohan, meanwhile thought that he felt a familiar poking in his mind, as though someone was trying to view inside his head…he pushed back on it, and then he imagined a brick wall around his mind, with no weak spots. As he was doing this, he watched Edward's face and noticed that his eyes widened just tiny bit. He knew now that Edward could read minds, and for the sake of the Dragon Balls, knew that he could never allow his mind to go unguarded around this man. So he focused on Edwards ki for a moment, memorized, and made sure that his shield was up whenever he felt this particular energy signature.
 
“-nd he says that you adopted him…you did?...why didn't you…he was in the kitchen…just about had a heart attack…yeah, I will…when?...can Edward…why not?...but…please?...fine…yea of course I will…his?...you did?...why not …I guess not…I guess not…where?...what time…ok…ok…love you two…ok…bye” Bella hung up the phone, turned around, and saw T.J. and Edward watching each other. T.J. looked curious, and Edward still looked wary. “Well, Charlie confirms it. Sorry I was so rude, I just thought he would have mentioned it to me. Anyway, he said to get ready and to bring that spiral and pen with you, we will be leaving in about fifteen minutes.”
 
“Where are you going?” Edward asked, still not taking his eyes off of T.J.. “My dad says that we are going to have a family night out in Port Angeles, and we are taking the truck that Charlie bought T.J.. He also said that you can't go, Edward.” Bella told him. “Oh, well that's fine, I had to go home and eat dinner with my family tonight anyways.” Edward finally broke eye contact with T.J. and walked over to Bella. “Walk with me?” She nodded and they walked out the door. Gohan turned and walked back into his room then went up to the dresser mirror. He used the water in the sink to try and tame his hair, but as always it continued to look as though he just rolled out of bed. The spikes all over his head refused to lay flat, and the lone bang that curled in front of his eyes would not brush back. He gave up, sighed, and walked into the living room. He looked outside and saw Bella and Edward talking, both looking worried. She probably knew that he was a mind reader and he told her that T.J. blocked him out.
 
After a kiss goodbye (gag), Edward hopped in a shiny Volvo (“stupid, shiny Volvo owner” who else loves this quote?)and sped off. Bella walked into the house and looked at T.J. “So,” she began “you're the reason my, I mean our” she smiled ”dad was cleaning out the basement, huh?”