Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ At Hells End ❯ Ch5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ch. 5
 
While waiting for Charlie to return form taking Sarah to La Push, Bella and Gohan talked. In other words, Bella talked and Gohan wrote down his responses and questions. Gohan, who had been rather curios about the conversation that Edward and Bella had been having before they realized that he was in the house, asked what they had meant by “pack”, “Dog”, and “they are dangerous”. She looked nervous for a second, but then she laughed I off, saying that they were talking about a bunch of dogs that Bella had become fond of at the local animal shelter. Gohan didn't believe a word of it, and he suspected that she knew that. He let the subject drop, however, as he could hear Charlie's cruiser pull up.
 
Bella stood up and walked to the door to greet her dad, when she heard gunshots. She went behind the couch and lay on the floor, just like her dad had drilled into her when she was little. She looked up to tell Gohan to come and lay next to her, when she heard a loud growl erupt from his mouth. He was shaking. She was certain that at any second he would explode into a mass of fur, like she had seen Jacob do on several occasions. But instead of becoming the massive wolf she was expecting, he cut another growl off, forced himself to relax, and breathed. Then he walked right by her (she could feel the heat rolling off him, as though he had just coming out of boiling hot bath) and walked directly to the front door. He paused, and turned around. He walked towards Bella and sat on the floor in front of her, like he was some kind of guard dog.
 
After what seemed like hours, but was only ten minutes, Charlie came in, his gun drawn. He told Bella and Gohan to “stay here”, and then he walked around to the kitchen, his revolver pointed in front of him. He looked out the back door before sliding his gun back into the holster and walked back over to the two teens on the floor, who had stayed silent during his inspection. Gohan was the first to rise, and as he did so, Charlie was suddenly struck by how tall he was. When he finally stood at his full height, he was at least six foot six. He then looked at Bella and saw her clumsily climb to her feet. Charlie was then struck by how graceful Gohan was. But then, he mused, anyone could seem graceful when Bella was around. He realized that Bella was talking to him, and had to ask her to repeat what she said. “ I said, what were you shooting at?” “Oh!” exclaimed Charlie. “You remembered those giant wolves you were telling me about?” Bella fearfully nodded. “There was a huge black one coming up to the house. That thing was as big as a bear!” He shook his head, and said “I was worried that it would try and get inside, so I fired a couple of rounds after it. I didn't hit it, but I wasn't too concerned with killing it; I just didn't want him coming in and going after you two. Anyways, don't worry about it, we're going to go and have a good time in Port Angeles tonight, and we are going to get you some new clothes and supplies T.J.” Gohan frowned, as though he was thinking something through, and after a minute, gave a small nod. Then he grabbed his spiral and pen and wrote three words.
 
Call me Gohan.
 
An hour later, Bella was in the backseat of her new foster brother's truck while he drove down the road to Port Angeles. He seemed to enjoy driving, as though it relaxed him. Bella pondered the boy behind the wheel. She thought about Edward's reaction to him…
 
Flashback
 
They were on their way to Bella's house, so she could make dinner for Charlie. They were a block away when Edward called her and said to pull over. He got out and blurred right into the truck. He didn't even look wet, despite the fact that it was raining cats and dogs outside.
 
“Bella, stay here while I go to your house.”
 
“But why?”
 
“Because…there's a mutt in the house.”
 
“A mutt? You mean Jake?!”
 
“No, this scent is different…I'm trying to read their thoughts, but…”
 
“But what?”
 
“I don't know. It's hard to explain. But its kind of like yours, only instead of not being able to hear it at all, it's…interrupted.”
 
“Interrupted?”
 
“That's the only way to describe it. His thoughts are interrupted by, I don't know, it sounds like…water?”
 
“I don't understand.”
 
“it's too had to explain.”
 
“Well, I still want to go in. If it is one of the pack, I can tell them to give Jake a message for me.”
 
“Bella, please just stay here, and let me go in and handle this.”
 
“NO Edward, I want to go in, and I want to see who it is. I know most of the pack anyways, and you don't.”
 
“That's precisely why I don't want you to go in there. You know MOST of them, but not this one…he's new…he doesn't even smell like the surrounding area.”
 
“…Edward?”
 
“Yes, Bella?”
 
“Get in your car. I'm going.”
 
“But-“
 
Bella revved the engine, and the next thing she knew, Edward was starting his car. She smiled at him as she drove by, and noticed that he was glaring at her. She sighed, and then quickly pulled out behind him. About a minute later, she pulled into the driveway and revved the engine one last time. Then, before she could even unbuckle her seatbelt, she felt Edward next to her. The next thing she knew, she was on the ground next to him, and he was looking at her with a serious look on his face.
 
“Bella-“
 
End Flashback
 
Bella was pulled out of her memories as they pulled into a restaurant. But not just any restaurant, no it had to be the one that Edward took her to…
 
As Gohan got out of the truck, he looked around the restaurant in awe. He'd never been to a restaurant like this before. When he was with his real family, they'd eat too much, and they hadn't been able to afford it. And as for when he was other foster parents, well, let's just say that Gohan wasn't eating much those days.
 
“Ready to go in?” Charlie asked. Gohan nodded and they walked into the restaurant. They were seated in a booth in a back corner. The waitress came by and asked what they would like to drink. Charlie ordered a beer, Bella ordered a coke, and Gohan, looking nervous and unsure as to what he was supposed to do, glanced at Charlie. Charlie nodded and told Gohan not to worry about it, he could order anything he wanted. So Gohan wrote down Pepsi on his spiral. The waitress gave him a funny look before smiling and walking off to get their drinks.
 
Charlie smiled at Gohan and gave him the five hundred that he had promised earlier. When we are done here, we'll go to the mall and get your things. If you have any money left, we can buy you some things to decorate your room with, or we can get you something to play some music on…maybe you can even get a video game! Gohan looked at him and gave an excited smile as he thought about what he would like…He thought that maybe he would get an mp3 player and some supplies to use when he was absorbed in his new hobby(AN: should Gohan be artistic or musically gifted? If he's good at music, then he will play the guitar).
 
Just then the waitress brought their drinks. Gohan noticed that she was staring at his scar. He hated it when people did that. But as usual, instead of confronting her about it, he ignored it. They all ordered, and when their meals arrived, Gohan ate his food thinking wistfully of when Bella and Charlie would fall asleep so that he could go and hunt in the woods behind the house( As a werewolf, he would eat more than he ordered, but he didn't want to run up a huge bill and leave Charlie to pay for it all).
 
After Charlie paid the bill, they went and got back in Gohan's truck. He offered to let Bella drive, but she didn't want to, and Charlie had a beer in the restaurant, so Gohan was once again driving. Charlie told him how to get to the mall, and when they got there, Bella separated from them and went to look at books.
 
Gohan and Charlie went to a few stores. Charlie let Gohan choose where to go to, and the first place that Gohan went to was Hot Topic. Gohan was walking around, looking at clothes, when something caught his eye. It was a pair of Tripp Pants that were white with black straps and chains that looped around the front. He instantly snagged the biggest pair they had and went to try them on. Lucky him, they fit. So then he went and grabbed some more but was black with red, blue, green, and grey straps. Then he looked at shirts. He grabbed a black Sublime shirt, a Godsmack shirt, a Disturbed shirt, and a shirt that said Yo_ _re _n _d_ot. Would you like to buy a vowel? Then he went and bought a Godsmack wallet that had a silver alien-looking head poking out of it. The wallet had a chain, which is something that he wanted. When he turned around, he noticed that Charlie was outside. He decided that he had gotten enough clothes from this store, so he went to check out. The total came up to about $393. He paid, and then he left to find Charlie. Charlie, who had been sitting at a bench outside, saw Gohan looking for him, so he waved and then walked towards him. Gohan smiled and then looked around as though to say where next? Charlie then led him to Kohl's, and Gohan picked out some Black boots and some sneakers. Then he grabbed a jacket and walked over to the hoodies. Gohan sifted through them before he grabbed one that said Rolling Stones, One that Had the Tony Hawk symbol, and one that said Nirvana. Than he went and paid for everything. The total came up to about $82, because Charlie had a Kohl's card. After that, they went to Wal-Mart (AN: I know that Wal-Mart is not in the mall, but pretend!!) Here he bought some more black jeans, and a shirt with a dragon on it, a shirt with flames on it, and a shirt with a skull on it. The he went and asked for a haircut. Charlie agreed, and Gohan went and got a ceasar haircut. He also bought a package of disposable raisers and some shaving cream. He also bought some Shampoo and conditioner, body wash, tooth brush. Tooth paste, mouth wash, and deodorant. When he check out, the total was $28. He then followed Charlie out of the store. Charlie decided to also go ahead and buy Gohan some school supplies, even though he'd said they were gonna wait until next week. He sent Gohan ahead to pick up Bella and told him that they should wait in the truck.
 
So Gohan went and got her and they put all of Gohan's bags in the truck bed after raising the protective hard top. When they got in the truck, Bella said, “Hey, Gohan. I feel bad that we got off on the wrong foot earlier, so I bought you something. “She reached into her bag and pulled out a TooL hat. She gave it to him, and Gohan grinned at her before pulling out the book The Great Gatsby. He grabbed his spiral and pen and wrote
 
I heard that you liked the classics.
 
Bella laughed and exclaimed “I've been looking for this book! Where'd you find it?!”
 
It was in the magazine rack, an the lady at Wal-Mart gave me the wrong change, so I had enough to get it for you.
 
Gohan grabbed the hat that Bella gave him, ripped off the tag, and put it on.
 
She looked at him and said, “Wow, you look smooth.”
 
Gohan quirked an eyebrow, and Bella busted out laughing. Gohan just grinned and shook his head. Gohan then turned on the CD player, and the song Me, You, And My Medication by Boys Like Girls started playing. Gohan grinned and started nodding his head to the music. Bella joined him and by the time Charlie joined them, Gohan was playing the air guitar and mouthing the words, and Bella was head banging and playing the air drums. Charlie looked dumbstruck at first, and then he started laughing his ass off. Gohan and Bella just kept on playing, but now Gohan had his nose in the air and his body turned away. Charlie laughed even harder, and soon Bella joined in. Charlie was still chortling when he put his bags in the backseat and he sat behind Bella. They were calming down when Gohan pulled out of the mall. Charlie asked if Gohan remembered the way, and Gohan nodded his head. So Charlie sat back and just listened to the music and enjoyed the ride. The song Thunder had just started and he heard someone singing along. He looked up and saw Bella singing and looking out the window.
 
Today is a winding road it's taken me to places that I didn't want to go
Whoa (whoa, whoa, whoa)
Today in the blink of an eye I'm holding on to something and I do not know why
I tried
(I tried)
 
I tried to read between the lines
(I tried to look in your eyes)
I want a simple explanation
(For what I'm feeling inside)
I gotta find a way out
Maybe there's a way out
 
CHORUS:
Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer
Do you know you're unlike any other?
You'll always be my thunder, and I said
Your eyes are the brightest of all the colors
I don't wanna ever love another
You'll always be my thunder
So bring on the rain
And bring on the thunder
 
Today is a winding road
Tell me where to start and tell me something I don't know
Whoa
(Whoa, whoa, whoa)
Today I'm on my own
I can't move a muscle and I can't pick up the phone
I don't know
(I don't know, I don't know, I don't know)
 
And now I'm itching for the tall grass
And longing for the breeze
I need to step outside
Just to see if I can breathe
I gotta find a way out
Maybe there's a way out
 
CHORUS:
Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer
Do you know you're unlike any other?
You'll always be my thunder, and I said
Your eyes are the brightest of all the colors
I don't wanna ever love another
You'll always be my thunder
So bring on the rain
And bring on the thunder
 
Yeah I'm walking on a tightrope
I'm wrapped up in vines
I think I'll make it out
But you just gotta give me time
Strike me down with lightning
Let me feel you in my veins
I wanna let you know how much I feel your pain
 
Today is a winding road, it's taken me to places that I didn't want to go
Whoa
 
CHORUS:
Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer
Do you know you're unlike any other?
You'll always be my thunder, and I said
Your eyes are the brightest of all the colors
I don't wanna ever love another
You'll always be my thunder, and I said
Your voice (this is getting colder)
Was the soundtrack of my summer (and the summer's over)
Do you know you're unlike any other?
You'll always be my thunder
So bring on the rain (well today's a winding road)
Oh baby bring (today I'm on my own)
On the pain
And listen to the thunder
 
Charlie wondered what she was thinking about, but then he realized that she was probably thinking of her boyfriend.
 
Bella was indeed thinking of her boyfriend, but she was also thinking about her sun, and how it seemed as though she might have a new sun to revolve around…Gohan brought a smile to her face just as easily as Jacob did…but she couldn't help but wonder what had happened to him to cause that scar.
 
Gohan was thinking of the first time he changed into his wolf form…
 
Flashback
 
It was dark, and he and the other boys were lying in the attack, shivering, as they heard HIM yelling. HE was having his friends over that night, but as long as they were quiet, HE wouldn't punish them. Gohan was sitting there, thinking about how different he'd been lately. He'd had a sudden growth spurt, and his injuries healed a lot quicker than they used to. The other boys were jealous, but Gohan wished he didn't have this strange gift. It only made HIM think he was going to easy on Gohan. HE hit harder every time his injuries healed. Gohan was also, as the other boys put it “as hot as flames”, and he was pretty sure they were not talking about his looks. He froze when he heard that MONSTER that called himself a foster parent call him down.
 
“Get down here, you worthless freak!”
 
That was his name here. Freak. `How ironic' he thought `he rapes little boys, but I'M the freak'
 
“FREAK!!”
 
Gohan got up slowly and walked down the stairs. He was really in no hurry to get a beating for something he couldn't possibly have done.
 
“YOU TOLD YOUR TEACHER ABOUT ME, DIDN'T YOU?!?!?!” See? He didn't even go to school!!
 
HE started to beat on Gohan, torturing him, and laughing at him, taunting him. Gohan didn't care though. He'd stopped caring about himself years ago. But apparently, HE had noticed that. So he did something that made Gohan so infuriated, that it triggered a rage he thought he'd buried on a battle field six years ago. He brought out a little girl, about eight years old, and slapped her. Gohan growled at him. That growl was the first sound to leave his mouth since his mother killed herself…But Gohan didn't think about that. His eyes were still on HIM and the girl. He smirked, as though he got just what he wanted. He told his friends to hold down “the freak” so he wouldn't have to worry about being attacked from behind.
 
HE looked at the little girl and started laughing. “You're going to enjoy this sweetheart. Just think, I'm going to be the very first person to fuck you!” The little girl started crying and begging to go home to her mommy. “Oh I can't let you leave yet. The funs about to start!” He then pushed the little girl down and off her pants. He then reached down and started undoing his pants, but stopped when he realized something. It was quiet behind him…there should have been laughter at the pain the little girl was about to endure. He turned around, expecting them all to have passed out from the amount of liquor they had consumed, but instead of seeing four passed out men on the floor, he came face to face with an enormous black monster, with an x-shaped patch of grey fur on his muzzle, just…like…”OH MY GOD!! I'M SORRY! PLEASE! HAVE MERCY!! I BEG YOU!! I'LL LEAVE HER ALONE! I SWEAR!” The giant wolf snarled, and darted forward. Gohan dragged the man down into the basement, and kicked the door shut with his black paw. Not a sound escaped the sound proof room, and about five minutes later, Gohan clime back out in his human body, covered in blood. He went upstairs, got dressed, and called the cops, while he held the little girl with his non broken arm, and kept his broken leg out straight.
 
End Flashback
 
`They never did find him' Gohan thought, as he pulled up in front of his house. `Oh, well, they'd never suspect me. No human could have done that'
 
As he got out of the truck, he smiled and grabbed his bags. He followed Bella and Charlie into the house, and put his things away in his room. He then grabbed the underwear, night clothes, and bath items that he just bought, and went upstairs. He showered, and was just about to go to bed when Charlie came into his room. He smiled at Gohan and handed him a small bag, then turned and left. Gohan, curious as to what Charlie could have given him, looked in the bag on pulled out an eight gig creative zen mp3 player. Gohan's mouth dropped open. These were very good mp3 players, and he'd been eyeballing it when they had passed radio shack in the mall. Charlie must have seen that and bought it for him. He was about to walk upstairs and insist that he take it back when Charlie yelled “It would really hurt my feelings if you tried giving that back to me!” Gohan smiled, and shook his head. He then put the mp3 player down on the dresser and went to bed.