Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Chains of Trust and Love ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hehe, well this is my first story. I've been playing to write it for awhile and really want to get started. I really hope this takes off and people enjoy it.

I do not own Twilight or any of it's charecters, that belongs to Stephenie Meyer.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"Dammit..." I muttered. A metal plate was infront of my eyes. It was formed for a human face. The leather straps kept me agents cold metal. It was freezing.

The air was musty and it stuck to my clothes and hair. The smell, God was it awful. It smelled of rotting bodies and moldy water. I began coughing again, as that stale air filled my lungs. Trapped. In here. For days.

This was all my fault, even though Edward was going to blame it on himself. I pictured him in my mind.

I was probably never going to see him again. This, maybe how I was going to die.

A slight fuzzy sound...like a broken radio broke the scilence.

"Kathrin...are you awake." a voice asked. It sounded twisted, deep and dark...I could tell someone was disguising their voice.

"Y...yes..." I choked out, barely able to talk, not wanting to make my burning throat work. I couldn't remember the last time I took a drink.

Or ate for that matter.

"Good." the voice said. "Now, I just want to ask you a few questions." But I knew what it was going to ask.

"W.......who....are you?" I managed to choke out again. More scilence.

"Now, now. I am the one who is going to be asking." the voice commanded in it's eerie voice. "Unless, you never want to leave here." I felt tears began to freely fall down my face.

Dammit....


Dammit...

Dammit, dammit, dammit!! I yelled in my head. If I ever wanted to be free, I would have to betray those I love...and those who have learned to trust me, a worthless human, with their secret.

"I'm sorry..."I whispered to myself, put my head down. I could just see their faces full of hate, if I told them this. I looked back up.




"What do you want to ask..." I said softly.I heard the voice laugh.


-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"Ladies and gentleman, we'll be landing soon. If you would please push in any trays and buckle you seat belts. Thank you." said the pilot on the monitor.

I was on my way to a small town called Forks. My mom died a few months ago and my uncle, Brain, was going to take care of me since my dad didn't come to claim me. Yeah, I got to visit him. But the last time I had was about two years ago.

I was glad to move to this overcast town in a way. I never really liked the sun and New York was just....blah. All the pollution over there wasn't the best stuff to see every morning. And anyway, I missed Brain. Now that I was going to be living with him, maybe I could finally spend some time with him after all these years.





"Kathrin!" Brain yelled over the crowd. I saw my uncle wave to me and I felt a bit of happiness in me as I saw his smiling face. I smiled back glad he was here instead of my dad. The last time I saw my dad was when I was two, then he left my mom. Brian though helped out my mom with me when I was little. He was so much fun, and still is. He's one of my best friends.

"Hey Brain." I said. He took me into a hug, which I took gladly. But when he pulled away, I could see the happyness in his eyes. He bent down and picked up some of my luggage before I could see any more and he gave me one last smile.

"You ready to go?" I nodded and we headed out to his car.It was the old silver pick-up truck I remember from when I was a child and how we rode in it when we went camping on family trips.

We put my things into the car, and I made my way into the car, shaking my hair a bit from the slight drizzle outside.

Brain began asking me many questions like how I was doing since I last saw him and such. I smiled and awnsered his questions asking a few of my own as we made our way to my new home.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

It wasn't long before we were infront of the two story white house, with it's forest behind it. I smiled as Brain walked next to me.

"So this place is yours and mine for awhile." he said happily. I smiled.

"On one condition." I said. He looked at me smirking.

"Oh and what that might be?" he asked in a teasing tone.

"I get to cook. Remember last time you tried to cook the turkey for Thanksgiving?" I asked teasing back. He made a face.

"It was an experment and I promised I'd never do it again." he said glumly.I giggled.

"You poised everyone." I said bluntly. He lowered his head in shame.

"I know." I smiled. He smiled lightly back.

"Well we best get you situated because your getting up bright and early for school." he said. I groaned in agony.

Great. School.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I slipped my hand from the warm blankets and hit the off button. I let my hand hang as I groaned, my body pulling me back down, not wanting to get up.

"Kat! Get down here, I made some pancakes!" he called.I popped my eyes open and flung myself out of bed.

"Ahh!" I yelled as I fell flat on my face from the sheets that were twisted around my legs.

"Owwww." I whinned.y the time I was able to get untangled, I only had a while before school started. I grabbed my skinny jeans, my t-shirt with neon hearts, some socks, and my converse and quickly put them on and fixed my jet black hair. I rubbed my blue-gray eyes to make them appear more awake than I really was. I then hopped down the stairs as the smell of pancakes filled the air. I took a deep breath and grabbed a fork and took the first pancake on top.

"Got no time to eat?" Brain asked teasing as I stuffed the pancake in my mouth.

"Mope.." I muffled as I put the fork down and grabbed my backpack.

"See ya later Brian!" I yelled as I headed out the door. The dark clouds lingered in the sky, but showed no signs of rain.

"Cool." I said. I went over to my old red mustang and hopped inside. I started my car and once the engine came to life, I zoomed down the street.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I was able to find the school and a parking spot next to some flashy silver Volvo, and I walked quickly to the office. It was very warm inside to my pleasure and I walked up to an administrator with red hair and some pretty big glasses.


"How can I help you dear?" she said sweetly.

"Hey. I'm Kathrin Allen. I needed to pick up my schedule." I said. The smile already on her face grew wider.

"Oh! So your Brain's little neice!" she said happily. Being a small town, they must know everyone and everything that goes on. I nodded.

"That's me." I said. The administrator gave me my schedule and she showed me how to get to each classroom. I had to get some paper signed by my teachers for reasons I had no clue about. But I was happy when she told me that it was okay if I came to class a bit late when the bell rang. Well...it sorta went duuuuuuuunnnnnggggg. Which I had to admit was pretty funny.

My first class was Literature.Ug, great. My worst subject. What I don't get is why they even use those big fancy words, I mean, do they expect I'm going to become an English teacher when I get older?

I saw the huge number on the side of the building and I made my way into the class. As I opened the classroom door a big blast of warm air hit me......as well as twenty million heads turn my way. I felt my face grow hot as I ackwardly walked over to my new Literature teacher's desk. He smiled politely and signed my paper.

"Here you are Miss Allen." he said handing me the paper. "I am Mr. Lavelle." I nodded. "And you can take a seat next to Miss Millory." he said. My eyes came to a blonde girl, and shuffled as many eyes stared at me as I went and sat down.

I only locked eyes with the girl for a second before I noticed she was glaring at me. I shot a light glare back and turned back forward ignoring her.

Jesus....what the hell did I do?

It seemed like forever until the drone of the bell could be heard saying first hour was over. Lauren glared at me one more time, got up, and stomped away. I blinked and made a face.

"Your Kathrin right?" I heard someone say to me. I turned to see a beaming blond haired boy.

"Um, yeah." I said.

"The name Mike Newton." he said holding his hand out. I gave a smile and shook his hand.

"So, your from New York?" he asked, trying to start a conversation as we made our way out to the rainy weather.

"Mhm" I put my hood on and made my way into the rain. Mike stayed right beside me and laughed.

"So how different is it from Folks?" he asked. I clicked my tounge.

"Well, it sure is a lot rainyer." I said. He laughed again. "And it's a lot cozyer than the big apple." He grinned.

"So what's your next class?" he asked. I took out my schedule out that was stuffed in my pocket, and read aloud, "Anatomy.." I trailed off. "With Mr.Hill." He smiled.

"Mr.Hill is a very cool teacher. Your lucky." He said. "He sometimes plays his Iphone when you work."

"Awsome." I said. He nodded.

"See ya later Kathrin!" He yelled and left. I shuffled into class and felt people stare at me again.

"Oh for the love of.." I huffed and walked over to Mr.Hill. He had wild gray hair. He reminded me of Albert Einstine in a way. I felt a bit better when he smiled warmly.

"Welcome Miss Allen. Sit anywhere it's open." He said. I nodded and found a empty seat to some guy. I didn't pay much attention to him but listened to Mr.Hill. I might actually like this teacher.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

The day went by the same in every class. I was able to meet a couple of other people in my other classes but it wasn't untill I met May, that one person who probably changed my life from then on.

"Hey!" I heard a very smooth voice call. I blinked and look back to a girl. Her brown hair flowed past her sholders as she gracefully ran over to me. "Kathrin right?" she asked. I nodded. She smiled, flashing perfect white teeth. "I'm May, nice to meet cha'!" She said. I couldn't help but smiled.

"Same here." I replied matching her enthusiasum. We had our next class, Art, together. It was there where we talked and learned we had a lot in common. I felt like she was going to be a good friend.

"Come on Kat. You gotta sit with me at lunch." she said happily her white hand grasping mine and gently tugging me along. I smiled and we both literaly skipped to lunch like a bunch of weridos.


"So how do you like it here so far?" May asked me as we made our way into the lunch line.She just stood next to me buying a water. "It's pretty good I guess. Although I'm not looking forward to P.E." I said paying for my lunch.

"Oh. Why not?" she asked. I snorted.

"Puh-lease. I am a ball magnet." I huffed. "It's like they have a Kathrin-tracker secretly built into them. Not to metion I'm a total klutz." I said, paying for my food.

"Ug, that sucks." she said. She then turned to where we were going to sit. "Hey Alice!" she yelled.The girl Angela must have been talking to, Alice, was gorgeous. Her pixie like hair flipped out, and shaped around her flawless face. She was very pale but her skin had a glow to it. She looked a lot like May.

"Alice this is Kathrin Allen. Kat, meet Alice Cullen." Angela said.

"Hey Kathrin. Welcome to Forks." She said. I gave a goofy grin.

"Thanks!"

"Well let's sit down." May told me. I nodded and followed her and Alice. They led me to a table full of people just as beautiful as them. "Guys!" she called and they looked at her, then glanced at me. "This is Kat. She's our new friend." I gave her a look.

"You can't force them to be my friend." I said. She grinned evilly.

"You have no idea.." A boy with jet black hair said staring off to the side. I sighed and sat down, having so way out of this. But then I noticed who was sitting next to me.

He was messing around with a bottle cap in his hands and he wore a black sweater seemed to hug him, showing some muscle here and there. He had bronze hair and pale skin that made every feature on his sculpted face stick out. But the one thing that caught me was his eyes. They were hidden behind beautiful long black eyelashes, but easy to see. They were a beautiful gold like honey. I saw him smiled at me and I shyly smiled back.

I think I'm going to like Folks..