Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Heartbreak and Dirt ❯ Family Heartbreak (Renesmee's birth) ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Edward ran downstairs with his head in his hands. Every beautiful head in the room turned towards him, the questions overflowing their gorgeous liquid gold eyes as they expectantly waited for the answer they all wanted to hear so badly. He just shook his head. The sharp intake of breath coming from Esme Cullens mouth was all he could hear as the room went silent. The only sound he could still take in was Jacob Blacks suddenly accelerated heartbeat... and a new, faster, smaller heartbeat that he had not heard before. He walked at human-speed over to where his sister Rosalie was standing with a small figure in her arms. Everyone parted to let him through, and the sight that he saw was breathtaking. He took the child in his arms and, suddenly, his whole world revolved around her.
"Renesmee."

"Bella? Bella, talk to me!" Edward Cullen panicked as the moniter next to his pregnant wife Bella's hospital bed started humming.
"Edward, let me take it from here," said his adoptive father, Dr. Carlisle Cullen. "Edward, please."
"No, Carlisle!" Edward objected. "What if she doesn't make it? What if..." He couldn't even say it. What if she dies, right here, right now? was what he was going to say. But he couldn't do it.
There was a deafening snap. Both Edward and Carlisle's heads shot up.
"Her spine!" they cried in unison. Carlisle bent over Bella and examined her, looking for any skin damage.
"Carlisle!" Alice Cullen came running upstairs. "What was that snap? Is she ok? What is the... uh... thing doing to her?"
"That was her spine, Alice," Carlisle replied. "Her chances are slim."
"What?" Edward stood up and rushed over to Bella, who was lying limp on the operating table. "Don't worry, love, it's gonna be ok. I promise." He picked up a syringe and ran into the bathroom across the hall.
"Carlise, what if she doesn't make it..." Alice stopped as the monitor went dead. There was a ripping and tearing sound as Bella's baby tore her way out of Bella's stomach and onto the floor. Alice rushed over just before that blood-covered baby hit the ground and cradled her.
"Renesmee," she claimed. Just then, Edward came rushing into the room with the syringe, a clearish liquid now filling it.
"Edward, its too..." Carlisle began, but Edward ran over to his dead wife and plunged the syringe into her no longer beating heart.
"No!!" he screamed as the venom didn't change her. "No, no, Carlisle, no!"
"Alice, take him downstairs, I'll do something with..." Carlise fought back a tearless sob. Edward ran out of the room and Alice ran after him. Carlisle cussed.

Edward ran downstairs with his head in his hands. Every beautiful head in the room turned towards him, the questions overflowing their gorgeous liquid gold eyes as they expectantly waited for the answer they all wanted to hear so badly. He just shook his head. The sharp intake of breath coming from Esme Cullens mouth was all he could hear as the room went silent. The only sound he could still take in was Jacob Blacks suddenly accelerated heartbeat... and a new, faster, smaller heartbeat that he had not heard before. He walked at human-speed over to where his sister Rosalie was standing with a small figure in her arms. Everyone parted to let him through, and the sight that he saw was breathtaking. He took the child in his arms and, suddenly, his whole world revolved around her.
"Renesmee." He stared into his daughter's Bella-Brown eyes and his non-beating heart melted. "Renesmee Carlie."
"I'm so sorry about Bella, Edward," said Rosalie. Emmet Cullen, for once, looked sincere, and Jasper held his adoptive mother, Esme, as she cried tearlessly into his shoulder. Alice stared thoughlessly out the back wall-window, and Jacob Black hovered nearby.
"She's a beauty Edward," he said. But he said it in a way that made Edward seeth...
"No!" he cried. "No, you cannot imprint on my daughter!" He threw Renesmee gently into Rosalie's arms and snarled a long, vicious snarl that only came from the most terrifying of beasts. Renesmee screamed, Jacob flinched; everyone else snapped into action and crowded around to restrain Edward. Carlisle came running down the stairs with Bella's limp, dead boy in his arms, her pale skin made her look like one of them.
"Edwrard, calm. It is your choice where you would like to bury her."