Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ I Shall Believe ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
Hey everybody. This is really my first good fic, at least in my opinion, It’s set right after Bella is changed. Um, I didn’t really take much of the book into consideration. This is just an idea that I’ve had floating around in my head and I was unsure of who to pair Jacob up for this particular fic.

It’s based off the song “I shall believe” be Sheryl Crow. I hope you like it. Let me know! Thanks!

Jacob Black’s soul had been crushed. His one love had become one of them and he was devastated. He sat on first beach, tears silently streaming down his face. He smelled a familiar scent, but not one he wanted to.

The smell of earth and damp leaves. It was Seth. He cursed under his breath and wiped the tears away with the back of his hands. Jacob hoped that his eyes weren’t puffy or red.

Come to me now, and lay your hands over me.
Even if it’s a lie, say it will be alright.
I shall believe.

“Jacob?” Seth said timidly, Slowly walking up to him. He knew Bella’s decision, as did the rest of the pack.

“Jacob.” he said more firmly, putting his hand timidly on Jacob’s shoulder. Jacob wanted to pull away from the touch but couldn’t. He didn’t want to need anyone any more, but he did. “look at me.”

Jacob turned around, towering over the small boy. Seth cringed at the look on his face, and threw his arms around Jacob, pulling him into a warm embrace. Jacob sighed, his breath shuddering, before he returned the embrace. Fresh tears leaked out of his eyes and he sobbed into Seth’s form.

“shhh. Don’t worry Jacob. Things will be okay” Seth said, not even sure if he believed his own words. Jacob just cried. Seth broke the embrace, putting his hands on either side of Jacob’s face. He wiped away the tears with his thumbs, and slowly moved closer.

Broken in two, and I know you’re on to me.
That I only come home when I’m so all alone.
But I do believe.

They moved closer together, their lips finally meeting. They kissed each other, softly at first, then with a need. Jacob needed love. Seth needed to love. Finally their kiss broke. Jacob’s tears had stopped. He looked at Seth with a smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes.

“thank you” he whispered softly, pulling seth against him.

“don’t thank me. I’ve wanted to do that for so long” Seth said. He was shaking slightly. “please don’t cry any more.”

Seth’s voice was shaking slightly now and he was almost afraid to speak the words he so desperately needed to say.

“Jacob… I.. I love you. And I don’t ever want anyone to make you sad ever again” Seth finished, not able to look at Jacob. Jacob took a deep breath to calm himself before saying.

“Seth…” he started. His voice was still shaking, and it was scratchy with hurt, but he continued. “ I cant say that I return your feelings, at least not yet, but… if you really feel that way about me then… Then I’m willing to make an effort to heal.”

Seth finally looked up at Jacob, his eyes starry with moisture. They finally spilled over his eyelashes and they stood there, silent tears streaming down both their faces. Seth wrapped his arms around Jacob’s neck, and pulled him down for a sweet kiss.

They left first beach, hand in hand.

Not everything is gonna be the way we think I ought to be.
It seems like every time I try to make it right it all comes down on me.
Please say, honestly, you wont give up on me.
And I shall believe.