Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Planning with Alice ❯ Sweet revenge ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Edward
Even though music was blazing in my room I could still hear Alice and Jasper's laughs, and I didn't like it in the slightest… I didn't like it when people laughed at me, least of all when Bella was involved.
And I would have Alice teasing me about this for weeks now… I wasn't going to put up with it. I would have my revenge… but how? I sat in my couch thinking about the options I had. Of course, I couldn't decide it right now, otherwise Alice would be seeing it on a vision and ruin it all. I closed my eyes and let Heavy Metal music soak me and turn off any other sound, so I could think clearly without hearing the giggles from the room next to mine. I was having a great idea… yes, this way I would be getting revenge on the three of them, one way or another… and I guess it would be interesting for me to know how some certain person would react…
“Edward!!! Are you…?” by the time Alice reached my room to ask me about the vision I was sure she had just have I was out of the house and running at top speed to Bella's.
Of course, the moment I made my decision Alice had seen it, but that was part of my plan. I smiled to myself as I got to Bella's house. This was just a slight taste of the revenge I would be having. I'm not sure whether Bella would take a long time to forgive me for this one, but I had all the eternity to wait, and besides I was sure she wouldn't be mad at me for a long time. At least she wouldn't if she loved me the tenth of what I loved her.
I snuck into her bedroom through her window and laid on bed next to her. She didn't seem to have awakened since I left, and I was relieved for that. I knew she didn't like it when I left while she slept, and she would have enough reasons to be mad at me without that one. Suddenly she began to mutter something, again sleeptalking. I loved it, it was the only way I had to read her mind in some way. The words began to be clearer.
“Edward…” she whispered “I love you…”
“I'm right here, my angel” I whispered back in her ear “And I love you too”
I nearly changed my mind on the little plan I had, how could I get revenge on such a beautiful and pure being? But just then my eyes laid upon the bags that were still laying on the floor, and my determination became stronger. Besides, it would only be an innocent joke, nothing to make somebody very mad… just a little. I chuckled at that last thought, and held Bella tight, as I set myself comfortably to spend the rest of the night between watching my angel sleep and making out the details of my plan.
Bella
I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was the face of my angel, smiling to me as he laid on my bed looking like a Greek god. I smiled in return. I couldn't think of a better way of waking up. He laid closer to me sending my heartbeat wild as he gently brushed his lips with mine.
“Good morning my love” my Greek god said “have you had a pleasant night?”
“Hmmm. I guess I have” I answered “but you probably know better, because I'm pretty sure that I have been talking, as ever.”
He chuckled and then he gave me a cryptic look. I didn't know what to think of it. Oh my… what if I have spoken of my plan from last night? I began to panic, and he noticed, because he was then looking at me and seemed worried.
“Bella, what's wrong?” I blushed “Tell me what you're thinking”
I blushed even redder “I'm afraid I said something embarrassing” Well, it wasn't the whole truth, but it wasn't a lie either.
“Hmmm, it depends… if you find it embarrassing calling my name and saying that you love me, then yes, you did” He held the crooked smile that I loved.
I smiled back as I kissed him lightly “No, I guess that's not embarrassing anymore, I would spend my whole life embarrassed otherwise”
He laid down to kiss me sweetly before asking “So, do you have any plans for today?”
I shrugged “Not really. Do you have anything in mind?” I asked him. Maybe yesterday's hard work was having results? I didn't think he would give in so easily, but I still had my doubts.
“Well, I was thinking of going to the meadow… it will be sunny today and I don't want to be trapped indoors for the whole day.”
“All right then, the meadow it is. Now could you give me please a human minute so I can get ready?” I got out of bed, suddenly feeling naked again as I realized I was still wearing the pajamas that Alice had got me the day before. Edward kissed me again before letting me get my toiletries and head to the bathroom.
I had a fast shower and dried my hair as fast as I could. As we were going to be in the meadow, I thought that it wasn't worth straightening it, I would be wearing a pony tail anyway. I put on a pair of jeans and a plain blue T-shirt and I ran out of the bathroom, already in a hurry to see Edward again. I tripped with the door frame, of course, and he was there instantly to catch me before I left half of my teeth stuck on the floor. I hope it isn't too long before he doesn't need to do that every five minutes.
“Are you ready?” he asked. I nodded in response. “Here we go then!”
As he said that we were running through the forest and a few minutes later I saw the clearing where we had shared our first kiss. He landed me gently on the grass and sat beside me. We stayed in comfortable silence for a while and then he turned to me, his face suddenly serious.
“Bella, there's one thing I wanted to know, but I don't know how to say it…”
I was in shock. Edward doesn't know how to ask me something? Wait, was this my Edward, the one that always knew what to say, and never had a doubt about anything? His face was the perfect image of nervousness and that wasn't at all normal speaking of Edward. I was starting to be really alarmed about what would be coming.
He leaned down to kiss me lightly and whispered “I love you Isabella” Then he took my hand and knelt in front of me. Oh my God, was he going to do what I thought he was?! I didn't want to get married yet, I was only seventeen!!! Oh, God, I had to find a way around this!
“Bella, will you marry me?” What if he left when I refused to marry him? I began to panic. Real panic! My head was spinning as I tried to manage the situation.
“Edward, I… I'm sorry Edward, but…” I though that I should look him in the eye while saying this, so I raised my eyes from my hands t his face and… Wait! Was that LAUGHTER? This is not happening. He didn't just put me trough this just for fun… for fun or for… VENGEANCE! That was it! I'm gonna tear him to pieces!! I turned crimson red, but for once I wasn't blushing out of embarrassment… “Edward, you… you…” I couldn't think of a bad enough word for him right now. He was trying to hold back laughter, and failing miserably. He was actually enjoying this! I couldn't believe what he had just done to me! “You're the most… disgusting creature in the world!”
If he could, he would be crying with laughter. “Don't be mad at me, please, it was just a joke…” he struggled to catch his breath “and besides, I was not the one who started this war”
I looked at him, now speechless. I tried to answer back, trying to keep a seraphic face. “What are you talking about?” I was a terrible liar.
“Now don't tell me you didn't know, Bella. I can read minds, remember?” Damn it, I hadn't thought about that. “And you couldn't probably think that you were gonna get away with it, could you?” Of course I could!
“So, we're even now?” I asked tentatively.
He seemed to think for a moment and then answered “Okay, we're even, but under one condition: you get rid of those bags that lay on your bedroom floor”
That seemed fair, so I admitted defeat and he kissed me, as he held me tight. “I'd probably love to see you in those clothes, but I'm afraid it's better this way”
I sighed and curled on his lap, still too startled from before to answer to that.
Edward
Bella's face was priceless when I asked her to marry me. Truly priceless. I couldn't stop laughing at that image the whole way back to Bella's. I set off for my house as fast as I left her, promising to be back in an hour. That was the plan, if Alice didn't kill me on the way. Before I saw the house I could hear her yelling in her thoughts.
I'm gonna skin him the moment I see his ugly face!! How dare he?! He knows how much I'm longing for this to happen! When I lay my hand on him… she continued like that all the time it took me to get home. I tried to stop laughing before reaching for the door, but when it swung open revealing an outrageous Alice behind it I couldn't help it. I burst into laughter so hard that I thought I was stopping never again.
“Edward Cullen, you're the most despicable creature I've ever seen or will again!!!” When I didn't stop laughing she went on “You... you're a monster!”
By that time I had already put myself together again. “Truly, I am. What for, in this occasion?” I answered, utterly amused. She was on her nerves.
“I've spent half the night and the whole morning figuring up what I would be doing for your wedding…I had already chosen the bride's dress!!” she pouted, her anger slowly disappearing
“Wait, that isn't to be chosen by the bride herself?”
“Oh, Bella would have loved it, I can assure you… anyway, how could you do that to me?”
That's when Jasper's thoughts made presence in my mind. Correction, how could you do that to ME? You can't even begin to imagine the day I've had, first with the whole wedding thing, and then having an outraged Alice hanging around… Couldn't you have been a little less evil?
I let out another burst of laughter. Oh, sweet revenge…