Uglies Fan Fiction ❯ Afterwards ❯ After Uglies ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter one: after Uglies
 
Tally was being given the pretty operation, she was going to miss David . . . it was for the best though . . . she was sorry for all of her bad actions causing Az's dying. She knew what she did was wrong; she wished she had never done it but sadly she knew that it was too late to change the things that had been done.
 
She felt her body being changed, her muscles and body growing, her 'lesions' being added and her ugly memories flooding back; at the same time some of those memories were being destroyed like the discussion with Maddy about the lesions, all of a sudden, she started dreaming of what her room would look like.
 
"Do you think she's ready?" asked somebody.
 
"No, we have to add the final touches..." as 'the final touches' were added Tally began feeling the new pretty cells in her being put to the test by the surgeons and then...................................
 
"Tally," said two familiar voices. She opened her eyes...
 
"Hi Shay, hi Peris," she said, getting up and looking in the mirror; a sparkle in her eye.
 
Somebody was beside her with very black hair; so black the pretty committee would probably have outlawed it.
 
"Hi," he said.
 
"Hi, I'm Tally."
 
"I'm Zane."
 
"Nice to meet you," they both said to each other.
 
Tally smiled.
 
"Hey, we're going to have a party to decide the newest crims in a couple of months, you want to come?" asked Zane.
 
"Sure, that is if you guys are coming."
 
"Sure," said Shay "see you there, Tally-wa."
 
"Okay, Shay-la" said Tally.
 
"Sure, I'll go," said Peris. "And you, Zane?" asked Tally.
 
"Of course, I am. I'm the leader of the crims."
 
"Okay, Zane-la."
 
"See you guys there," he said. "Look criminal."
 
Right then, Tally couldn't explain it but there was something about Zane that she liked more than his pretty face.
 
 
"Welcome to your room!" said Shay.
 
"No way!" said Tally.
 
"Way, Tally-wa."
 
"Oh my gosh! It's just as I dreamed you know; during the operation."
 
"The operation has that affect. So, the crim party is coming in a few months as Zane-la said, so want to go crim costume shopping tomorrow?"
 
"Shopping? There's a pretty mall?!" She was a little confused. "But why have a mall if there are holes in the wall?"
 
"As for the holes, well, the materials have to come from somewhere right? Every few days in a year, pretties have to buy some new clothes and other materials for the holes or they'll probably run out. I know it seams like a pretty strange job for pretties but it's the rules," said Shay. "Also, the clothes are approved by the pretty committee, some even designed and made by them, there's even a 'clique clothes' section, with inflatable pants for the Hot-Airs and Crim gloves with fake hand-cuffs on them."
 
"Okay. Sure. What time, Shay-la?" asked Tally.
 
"How about 12:00?" asked Shay "because I promised Peris that at 9:00 I'd help him pick out what criminal he should dress up as and he and Fausto together take three hours. Those guys need costume-choosing lessons."
 
"Yeah," said Tally, nodding in agreement. "Peris did have a hard time choosing Halloween costumes when we were littlies, but 12:00's cool with me."
 
"Bubbly, Tally, bubbly," said Shay. "See you then, oh, and if you want to come downstairs, the Hot-Airs are throwing a party for all current Hot-Airs, the new ones, and all-balloon lovers. Even crim wanna-bes are invited."
"Okay," said Tally. "See you in a little while, Shay-la." Then Shay went back downstairs, beginning to sing, leaving Tally up in her new room, with her huge wardrobe................
 
"What a wardrobe!" said Tally, looking at all the billions of beautiful clothes and accessories in the huge wardrobe. "Hey Shay!"
 
"Yeah?" Shay said halfway down the stairs.
 
"Why do pretties have closets?" Tally asked her.
 
"For the same reason they have malls, Tally-wa," Shay said. "The people who store the clothes into the holes have to leave the Pretties with some way to get pretty clothes during the storage."
 
"Then, why put up the mall if we have closets right here?" Tally asked.
 
"I honestly don't know, Tally-wa, sometimes people make everything so confusing-making."
 
She just shrugged and continued walking down the stairs.
 
"Okay, Shay-la," said Tally, going back to the wardrobe.
 
She took out a pink dress with flowered frills and refills, with a ribbon at the back and some heart shaped buttons. She put it on and buttoned it up, then put on a solid gold bracelet with a real amethyst heart on it. Tally looked around in her closet, trying to find the perfect necklace............. there it was! The perfect necklace! Orange sapphire beads on a sky blue string with a "fool's gold" pendant. Then, last but not least, she put on a beautiful diamond and sapphire ring, with a diamond band and a sapphire "pendant" that looked almost like a raindrop.
 
She then went downstairs, listening to the rock and roll music and the sound of the fireworks blasting off into the sky. Most uglies were fast asleep at the time. Then, a romantic song came on and Tally walked around looking for Zane, then she saw him and they began to dance..................
 
 
 
Tally dreamed all night about that wonderful dance with Zane... there was something on her mind... something from her ugly days... she couldn't figure out what it was though.... something important... What was it?
 
"Hey, Tally-wa," said Shay, interrupting her thoughts. "He is here to see you."
 
"Who is he?" asked Tally.
 
"Oh, right, Tally-wa, like you don't know who he is," Shay said, winking.
 
"Shay-la, unless you think I can read your mind, how do you think I'd know who he-" she stopped, at that very second, she realized who Shay was talking about- for he was right there: Zane.
 
"Right, Tally, that he, well, see you at 12:00."
 
"Okay, see you then, Shay-la."
 
"Bye," said Shay, winking. She seamed to think that Tally and Zane had something together... they didn't though... yet. "Hey, Zane-la," said Tally.
 
"Hey, Tally-wa," said Zane, "how are you?"
 
"Very good, you?"
 
"Bubbly."
 
"Good to hear," said Tally. "So..... that was a great party last night, have the newest Hot-airs been decided yet?"
 
"Yeah," said Zane, surprised she was asking that question. "Remember, last night, midnight... when the toasts were made...."
 
"Oh, yeah, right," said Tally, beating her head. "I guess I just....." got lost in your beautiful black hair, she thought, remembering the dance that had lasted until 1:00 a.m. "forgot," she said, even though that was not the real reason...... it was really because she had fallen head over heels for Zane, the leader of the Crims who she had met after she had the pretty operation.
 
"Oh, okay," said Zane, a little confused, it had only been one night, how could she have forgot? Maybe that wine had done something to her, either that, thought Zane, or she doesn't like being in this pretty city... who doesn't though? Other than me.
 
He trailed off in thought.
 
"So, did you have fun last night?" asked Tally.
 
"Yeah, I did."
 
"I have to ask you something, Zane-la, what were you doing there? I thought the only crims that were allowed were crim-wanna-bes."
 
"All clique leaders are allowed in," he explained.
 
"Oh, that makes since," said Tally. Their lips began to meet, but right before they could kiss.........
 
"Tally-wa!" Shay stormed in. "Time to go crim clothes shopping!"
"but Shay-la, it's only-"
 
"I know!" she said, rushing. "Peris picked out the first thing he thought of and Fausto agreed to warring the same thing so, we're going now."
 
"Okay, Shay-la," said Tally. "Just, let me do one thing first."
 
"Okay, Tally-wa but hurry up."
 
She rushed over to Zane and said, "well, gotta go, Zane. Bye."
 
"Bye, Tally." Their lips began to meet and-
 
"TALLY!"
 
"Okay, Shay, I'm coming!" said Tally, then she turned to Zane and laughed.
 
"You better get going, before she explodes." They laughed and said, "good bye." Then she rushed to her hoverboard and she and Shay headed for the pretty mall...................................................
 
 
 
Tally and Shay hadn't found anything at the pretty committee shopping mall that they'd liked and before they knew it, all the months had passed and the crim party was going to be tomorrow......
 
"Tally!" said Shay, trying to whisper, but it came out as a yell. "Oooppss.." said Shay, noticing the broken glass. "Sorry."
 
It was 1:03 A.M. and even the pretties were going to sleep, the party for yet another pretty clique had ended three minutes ago, and Shay was already waking up? clearly there was something wrong with her. Then again, thought Tally, she did have a little too much coffee at that party, oooooooo... what a caffeine rush. Shay was saying something to some people behind her, Tally couldn't see them though.
 
"Br-cut, cut cut cut 'til you just can't cut anymore" was all Tally could hear. Cut?! she thought cut what? do pretties cut at all? what in all of new pretty town was she talking about? cut hair? cut nails? cut what?
 
"Come on, cutters," said somebody else, that voice, thought Tally, it sounds so familiar, like somebody from her ugly past, who though? she tried to find the person who was speaking, when she heard the voice again, the figure who's mouth was moving was bigger than any pretty.... it was a special. Tally hid under the covers, obviously this was a dream, she tried blinking three times...... no good. She tried pinching herself... still no good. She tried doing several wake up exercises but none of them did any good. How could this be real? she thought. There's no way any of this stuff is real. She went back up from the covers.... nobody was there! yes! thought Tally. It wasn't real. She sighed a sigh of relief, then when she turned around however, the special was still there.
 
"Hey, it's me!" said somebody, the voice sounded... familiar. "It's me! it's Shay! Tally-wa."
 
"Shay-la?" asked Tally. "How-what-why?"
 
"I'm special," she said. "Dr. Cable made me special, because I wanted to be."
 
Dr. Cable walked up to Tally with a knife and said, "now it's your turn to become special, Tally... like it or not."
 
"Tally, Tally, Tally," said Shay.
 
"Wha-" Tally opened her eyes.
 
"Wake up!"
 
"How long was I asleep?"
 
"Pretty long," said Shay. "The crim party will be starting in any minute, and I finally have an idea on what we should be, so get up."
 
"Oh, okay," said Tally.
 
Tally didn't know what the dream had meant and she immediately forgot all about it. Then PRETTIES started.