Uglies Fan Fiction ❯ Afterwards ❯ After Extras ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Four: After Extras
 
Aya and Frizz walked up to the room just in time to see them cut the cake.
 
Aya started to wonder what life would be like now that they would soon be living up in orbit... Face ranks and fame sure wouldn't work the same way. How would they eat and live on nothing but hoverball rigs and each other?
 
The cake was being cut; this was one of the best parts of the Thousand Faces party.
 
Tally and David were in the room too. Tally rolled her eyes.
 
What was so important and amazing about a cake being cut?
 
Out of nowhere, she kissed David on both lips. Aya couldn't believe it; hadn't Tally said no one since...
 
"Okay," Nana Love said. "Time for the serving of the cake."
 
 
After the cake had been blown up and the Thousand Faces party had ended, Aya, Frizz, Ren, and Hiro went to their new official homes in Shuffle Mansion. They had actually bought rooms in Shuffle Mansion to live in for the rest of their lives. Not in orbit that is.
 
"What do you think it will be like?" Aya asked. "Living up in orbit?"
 
"Well, we'd have to buy air-helmets," Ren said.
 
"Weren't those from Rusty days?" Hiro asked.
 
"Yes," said Ren. "They're still around, though."
 
"Why have air-helmets when there are space-air-linkers?" Hiro said.
 
"What the heck are space-air-linkers?" Aya asked.
 
"They're things that 'link' to air when you're in space," Ren explained. "In other words, when you're in space, they automatically give you air in a way, as in they link to other air, like links to other places."
 
"Okay," said Aya, still a little confused. "How can they link to air if there's no place to get it from?"
 
"Well, they do get it from somewhere," Ren said.
 
"How will they when there's no more Earth?"
 
"They don't link to the Earth, they link to the thing that provides air to the Earth."
 
"So they link to plants?"
 
"No, bacteria."
 
“Okay...” Ren's logic sometimes confused Aya. In fact, that's what it did most of the time. “So, when are they going to destroy the Earth anyway?”
 
“Who knows?” Hiro said. “They could do it at anytime.”
 
With that last word, Aya's eyes went wide. Anytime? She thought. So they could do it right now? That's scary.