Ultra Maniac Fan Fiction ❯ Magic of Love and Friendship ❯ The Truth Hurts ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Magic of Love and Friendship
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Ultra Maniac or any of its characters, but I own the plot.
 
Summary: Ayu Tateishi was just a normal girl. Actually, she was normal before she uncovered the whole truth…She was indeed NOT NORMAL…
 
Note to readers: Let's just call Ayu's mom Saki and her dad Fuji. Ok? And Rika is my OC.
 
Chapter 1: The Truth Hurts
 
Ayu was the most popular girl at school. She is a member of the Tennis club, Judo club, and Cheerleading club. Everyone looks up to her like she's a princess or something, but deep inside her, she just wants to be normal like everyone else. JUST NORMAL…
 
“Ayu, wake up! You're going to be late for school,” Saki said to Ayu after a loud banging of pots and pans.
 
“Mom…one more minute,” Ayu said half asleep.
 
“Breakfast is ready, dear. You wouldn't want anything to happen to your grades at school, right? And besides…You DO know that Kaji will be there,” Fuji said teasingly.
 
“All right! I'm awake now thank you very much. And don't tease me like that dad! What if anybody hears?” Ayu said with grumpiness.
 
“Hahaha. Nobody will hear because they are all trying to go to school now so they won't be late. Not like you. You're still in bed. What if anybody ever finds out that our little Miss Popular here snores even when her classmates are already preparing for school. How sad if they ever find out. Hahaha,” Fuji said with amusement in his eyes.
 
“Yeah, dad. Laugh about your own daughter. And by the way, I'm already finished with myself. And you don't have to worry about Miss Popular's image anymore. I really don't care about popularity. I just want to be normal,” Ayu said.
 
(Fuji and Saki exchanged puzzled looks.)
 
“Ah…a…Ayu, do you by any chance mean something about that?” Saki said with a glimpse of worry all over her face.
 
“What? About being normal? Of course, I am a normal person right? Or…” Ayu said with a puzzled expression.
 
“Ayu, if you're finished I'll drive you to school. Come on,” Fuji said after winking at his wife.
 
“What have you eaten, dad? Driving me to school? That's new. Well, since you asked me to…I will go. Bye, mom. See you later,” Ayu said then waved goodbye at her mom.
 
It was a silent trip to school. Ayu was thinking while in the car why her parents act so strangely when the topic is about being normal. She sometimes wants to talk to her parents about it, but she doesn't have the courage, so she just leaves it unattended.
 
“Ayu, we're here at your school,” Fuji said with a smile.
 
“Thanks for the ride, dad. Bye and good luck at work,” Ayu said.
 
“Good luck to you too, sweetheart. Bye,” Fuji said before leaving.
 
AT THEIR CLASSROOM…
 
“Ayu, I'm glad that you didn't come late. I have big news for you,” said Rika who is one of her closest friends.
 
“What is the big news then?” Ayu said.
 
“You totally aced the test that our Biology teacher gave us yesterday. You're such a genius,” said Rika.
 
“My hard work paid of then,” Ayu said.
 
“Don't be too humble about it. We know that it's just easy for you to ace a test like that without even reviewing that hard,” said Rika.
 
“Oh, now. You're embarrassing me. It's not at all true,” Ayu said blushing.
 
“Stop saying things like that…”
 
“Ms. Ayu Tateishi, urgent news! It's an emergency! A phone call from the hospital! Answer it at the staff room!” said Kawanakajima hurriedly.
 
“Huh? What happened?” said Ayu, but before anyone can answer her, she rushed off to the staff room.
 
AT THE STAFF ROOM…
 
“This is Ayu Tateishi speaking. Did anything happen?” Ayu said worriedly.
 
“Ms. Tateishi, you've got to go here at the hospital. Something bad happened. Your mom and dad met an accident. You should come here immediately,” the nurse said.
 
“I will…as fast as I can,” Ayu said while tears are forming at the corner of her eyes.
 
Ayu immediately made an excuse letter and hurriedly went to the hospital. There, she found her mom and dad breathing heavily, like they were near at the state of being dead.
 
“Mom! Dad! Don't leave me!” Ayu said while the tears that she was holding back suddenly poured.
 
“Ayu, before we die…we…want…you to…know…that you are a…witch…you might want…to not know…this…but…it flows…through your…veins…you…have the blood… of a witch…you are not…normal…like you think,” Fuji said.
 
“Ayu, after we die…look…at the hidden closet…at our…room…you will…discover… your true…self…don't forget that…we love you,” Saki said.
 
―――â ;€•â€•â€•â€• ―――â€&# 8226;―――âS 64;•â€•â€•â€•â ;€•â€•â€•â€• ―――â€&# 8226;―――âS 64;•â€•â€•â€•â ;€•â€•â€•
 
“MOM! DAD! NO! THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING TO ME! WAKE UP MOM AND DAD! YOU CAN”T JUST LEAVE ME HERE! DOCTOR! NURSE! HELP MY MOM AND DAD!” Ayu said by screaming.
 
“We can't do anything, miss. They are already dead. Sorry,” the doctor said in sympathy.
 
“YOU ARE A DOCTOR! AND NOW YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT THEY ARE DEAD? WHAT KIND OF A DOCTOR ARE YOU?” said Ayu.
 
“I'm really sorry, miss. I am only a doctor. I cannot make miracles,” the doctor said.
 
“SO! WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW? WHY ARE THEIR BODIES VANISHING?” said Ayu.
 
“THAT is NOT NORMAL for dead people!” the doctor said.
 
(The doctor and nurses ran for their lives, and Ayu is the only one left in the room.)
 
“SO BEFORE YOU DIE YOU TOLD ME THAT I AM NOT NORMAL AND THAT I AM A WITCH! IS THAT THE PROOF SO THAT I WILL BELIEVE YOU? BECAUSE IF IT IS…I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE!” after Ayu said it, she fainted.
 
 
So, what do you think of the first chapter? This is my first fanfic so please bear with me. Please send reviews…I will also take criticisms as encouragements. By the way, this is dedicated to my friends and of course for the other readers out there. Hope that you like it!