Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Toki ni Ai wa ❯ Ripping Up Old Wounds ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Toki ni Ai wa

Disclaimer: Ever see a frontal view of a completely naked bishie in either series? Then obviously, I don't own, since that would have been the first thing to happen.

Tsumi: Not much to say. I guess this would be my apology for not being online in so long. Enjoy minna! Oh, and the song placed in here is the live version of 'Toki ni Ai wa' (yes, the same one I got the idea for this story from) from the RGU movie: Adolescence Mokushiroku, and is in bold italics.

Warning!: Major Keiko bashing, Yusuke angus and very sappy!

Chapter Eight: Ripping Up Old Wounds

Time seemed to slow down to a halt as Keiko glared at the two. Yusuke looked uncomfortable and Utena felt herself frown. [Why is she still doing this to Yusuke? They're not together anymore . . .]

The trance all three had fallen into was broken as Keiko marched up to Yusuke and raised her hand to smack him. Utena stepped up and grabbed her hand before it made contact with his face. Keiko blinked once or twice before she glared at Utena hard. "Let go!"

Utena returned the glare ten-fold. "Leave Yusuke alone! You two aren't together anymore! You have no right to be angry with him, much less be able to hit him!"

Keiko jerked her hand out of Utena's grasp and folded her arms across her chest. "What I do is none of your business!" She spat, her glare becoming much more venomous. However, Utena was unfazed and smirked inwardly. After all, Saionji's glare was much scarier than Keiko's could ever hope be.

It seemed that Yusuke was thinking differently as he was shifting nervously. Utena felt a harsh tug on her heart as she saw this. She tuned out of Keiko's insane ramblings/yelling and focused on the boy next to her. His eyes were downcast, and he was trying his best not to look at Keiko.

"Are you even listening to me?!"

Utena blinked and looked at Keiko, the slightest frown on her pale lips. Keiko had gotten up into Utena's face, waiting for the girl to answer. For her part, Utena just stared at her for the longest time, obviously just doing it to annoy Keiko. Keiko turned her glare on full force and looked about ready to get in a drag down, no bars cat fight when Yusuke intervened.

"Stop it Keiko."

Keiko blinked a couple of times before turning to Yusuke. "What?"

"Leave Utena alone, Keiko."

Keiko looked confused. "Yusuke . . ."

Yusuke refused to meet her eyes, which were starting to tear up. He turned to Utena and said, "Let's go inside." Utena just nodded and the two quietly walked inside.

Keiko still kept the teary-eyed, confused look up until they entered the house, to which she yelled something akin to "Don't walk away from me, Urameshi Yusuke!"

Once inside, Yusuke sank down onto the couch, his head in his hands. Utena sat down next to him and said awkwardly, "Yusuke?"

"Why does she keep doing this to me?!"

Utena blinked at Yusuke's sudden outburst. He gripped his hair, sinking a bit lower into his arms. "Doesn't she get how much this tears me up? I keep wanting to be with her, but at the same time, I don't and it's driving me crazy!"

Utena felt waves of sympathy go out to him. [Oh Yusuke, she has you wrapped around her finger doesn't she?]

Not knowing what else to do, she tried giving him comfort by placing a hand on his shoulder. In the next moment, however, she found herself with Yusuke's arms thrown around her neck, his face buried in her shoulder, his breathing ragged, as if he was trying to suppress . . . tears? Utena mentally shook her head. [No, that's not right. Yusuke never cries . . .]

Neither of them knew how long they stayed in that position. Yusuke had calmed himself and Utena had looped her arms around him in an embrace of support. Briefly, she looked up and saw the clock on top of the TV read 12:31. [It's getting late.] She thought quietly, looking down at Yusuke. [Will he be in trouble with his mom if he gets home at this hour?] Briefly, the image of him sleeping over at her house passed through her head and she had to both blush and hold back a laugh as she could picture her Aunt Yurika's face.

The radio, which had been quietly playing some music, had just stared another song, one with a slow melody and beautiful lyrics.

This rose is our destiny

Yusuke shifted enough that he could still have his head on Utena's shoulder but could look at the radio as well.

Hikisakare

Yusuke sighed. [Just like the fight with Keiko . . .] he thought.

futari no te wa hanarete-itta

Utena's eyes darkened a bit. [Like when I couldn't save Anthy . . .]

nemuru toki mo anata e no yume idaki nagara

Yusuke couldn't help but smile. [That sounds like Utena . . .] Before he gave himself a mental slap.

todoke! sekai no hate made

Utena looked down at Yusuke when he smiled, a faint one crossing her own lips.

toki ni ai wa tsuyoku hito no kokoro wo kizutsuke mo suru

Utena's eyes widened slightly at the line and she resisted the urge to cover her mouth. [That's like what . . .]

keredo Ah yume wo atae yuuki no naka ni

Yusuke sat up, looking at Utena, who just blinked back.

itsumo hikari kagayaki hanatsu

He sighed. "Thank you, Utena."

hitotsu no chikara ni...

She smiled back. "It wasn't a problem, Yusuke." He gave her a faint smile before standing again.

This rose is our destiny

Yusuke held out his hand to her.

michibikare

Utena placed her hand in his.

futari wa ima mou ichido deau

Yusuke pulled her to her feet and led her to the middle of the large room.

donna toki mo

He placed a hand on her waist and held onto her other hand.

ano yakusoku wasurenaide

Utena looked confused, but she laid her hand on his shoulder.

yatto koko made kita yo

Yusuke smiled slightly and closed his eyes as he started to sway to the music.

toki ni ai kedakaku

Slowly, they went around the living room, Yusuke leading.

hito no kokoro wo tsuranuku you ni motome

[I didn't know Yusuke could dance.] Utena thought, slightly amused.

Ah mamoru mono ni mamorareru mono

Twists and turns, everything was in perfect timing.

itsumo hikari kagayaki hanatsu

Utena looked up at Yusuke, her eyes softening just a bit.

hitotsu no chikara ni...

Yusuke just smiled back.

toki ni ai wa tsuyoku

Yusuke suddenly stopped and Utena looked confused.

hito no kokoro wo kizutsuke mo suru keredo

She blinked once or twice, tilting her head to the side a bit, one of the many things Yusuke found so endearing of her.

Ah yume wo atae yuuki no naka ni

He brushed a bit of her pink hair out of her face with his fingers

itsumo hikari kagayaite

and cupped her face with his hand.

ai wa tsuyoku

He leaned down and had his lips brush gently over hers.

hito no kokoro wo ugokashite yuku dakara

Utena leaned into the light kiss, her eyes sliding closed.

Ah futari de iru kitto sekai wo

Yusuke smiled slightly, his arm wrapping around her waist.

kaeru tame ni soshite subete wa

Utena's arms circled around his neck as Yusuke pulled her closer.

hitotsu no chikara ni naru

As the song came to an end, Yusuke pulled back and Utena opened her eyes, and, much to his surprise, looked vulnerable. "Utena . . ." He whispered.

"Utena!"

Both teens froze slightly, and turned slowly to find Aunt Yurika hovering at the doorway, one hand still on the doorknob, the other half way to her gaping mouth. Her eyes were wide and she looked more than surprised, to say the least.

Utena felt her stomach drop. [She saw the entire thing . . .]

*~*