Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Blood ❯ Blood Part One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

These characters are not mine and I'm not making one red cent off this.

This story may start off slow at first but I hope that you, dear reader, will find it more interesting as it progresses. So please enjoy.

Blood Part One

By Selenite

Hmmm, weird. I always thought that my blood type was O. Or at least that's what I remember my parents telling me. But the proof is right in front of me, printed on this flimsy piece of paper along with the rest of the test results. My parents must have lied.

I was due for a physical last week. Blood tests, reflexes, pupils dilating, and thermometer jammed under the tongue, the whole works. The results say that I'm in good physical shape. No surprise there really. All except for this one thing, my blood type. I swear I thought I was an O.

I rarely see my parents. I don't want to talk about why. Maybe they won't mind if I write them a letter. That won't be as bad as a phone call, would it? Letters are more impersonal anyway. Perhaps then they won't be so angry.

Classes will be over for the day soon, thank God. High school will be over soon. I'm graduating this year and have the fucking backbreaking load of studying to prove it. Still, I am glad that I'm finally getting out of here. I've spent most of my school years here at Ohtori Academy. I remember at first how impressed by and frightened I was of it. But now I am just frightened of it.

The Ohtori buildings are so huge, so white and immaculate. I remember being afraid of getting lost and being late to my first classes when I came here. But they are also beautiful. The place used to amaze me with the unblemished gardens and spotless halls. But there was also something else; something that I still can't put my finger on. Ohtori is sort of…. timeless, I guess. You could spend six months here and it would feel like six seconds, or six seconds would feel like six months. It's almost as if this school is it's own little reality.

Now I find it creepy here. I think it started late last year even though I don't remember much. It was at first the other students. God, I've been going here for years and I never noticed how most people here only look happy. Sure, they smile, laugh at jokes, and go out on dates, but so many, even a few of the teachers, seem mostly happy to drown in their own worlds. And those worlds are hardly ever nice ones. Something about watching that feels familiar and t is something that I'd rather not be familiar with. That part of my life is over.

Yeah, I hate this white-pillared monstrosity where everyone nurses some kind of fucking wound now. I can't wait to get out of here with Touga. I'm studying with Touga tonight at his place. Perhaps I'll talk to him about convincing Nanami to transfer. Heh, maybe I'll ask if her remembers me saying anything about my blood type being an A and not an O. Or maybe I won't. It might sound stupid to him. But he's known me for so long, we're so close and now we……….

God, I wonder why this is bothering me.

He asked me if I knew what his blood type was. After that is, he brought up getting my sister to transfer again. Dully, I remember asking, "Aren't you an O?" He wasn't looking at me. Kyouichi fixed those purple eyes on his notes. Did I remember him ever saying that he was an A? No, I couldn't say that I did. He frowned and I lost my poise for a moment. His eyes were no longer on the notebook; they were fixed on me with such earnesty and anticipation. Royal purple eyes, such openness, nakedness, and trust. So lovely, my Kyouichi. And finally mine.

He spoke "I thought that it was O. You know that physical I had? Last week? I got the results today and they say my type's A. But you know, I swear that my parents told me that it was O." After a pause, "How could I be so stupid as to not know my own blood type?" At this, I frowned, a bit unsure of what to say. It was a new sensation, unsurety. No, an old one that I could barely recall knowing. I knew that I should comfort my Kyouichi somehow, for it was obvious that this matter disturbed him a bit. Besides, I don't like to see him upset.

There was also something on my mind besides studying as well, some project of mine that I had a bit to do with blood………….

And then a memory hit me. Not quite a memory, something vague, something that barely touched my consciousness. Wasn't Nanami upset over something to do with blood last year? No. Yes, that. That was when…………

"Touga? Your blood type's A, right?"

I cam out of my reverie. He was still looking at me, still with a problem that needed solving. My Kyouichi needed me. "Yes it is. And I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this. It probably means very little, some mistake or an old confused memory. So you're really an A and not an O. There's still the graduation finals." I got up, pulled him close to me, and wrapped my arms around him. Ah, now this was better. "Don't worry, love. The two of us will be out of here soon. And we'll be together." Kyouichi said nothing and pressed against me.

He didn't bring it up again that night. But I could tell by his silence that he was still troubled, still brooding over it. We both had our own things to brood and think over. He and his blood, I and my project.

Okay. Touga always thought that I was on O too. All right then. He also thought that it was no big deal and hugged me. At least that part was good. And it may very well be nothing. He may have only thought I was an O because I stupidly thought I was an O. But……….

But still. I'm wondering if I really should write to my parents. What would happen if they got angry with me? Maybe they'll think it's nothing too. That would be the best outcome. But should I really write them? Yes, no, no, yes, damn it! Maybe Touga was right. Maybe it was just a little mistake. But I still want to know and they might be able to tell me. Did they lie?

Okay, I'll write the letter tomorrow after class, and studying, and Kendo practice…….No, now. Then I'll mail it tomorrow.

Damn it all to hell! Why the fuck is this bothering me?