Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Grapes and Flowers ❯ Gray Rose ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Only Utena, Anthy and Budoo were there in Duelers' Wood, so the air was warm and casual. Little filtered through trees and dappled their clothes with white. Anthy slipped Budoo's rose into her pocket. "Where do you get gray roses fro "I have to dye white roses," she smiled. "Like that experiment in science you do when you're little with food coloring and the carnation."
"Oh, that's a good idea. Sorry to put you through the trouble, though."
"It's okay," she laughed. "I was already dying flowers that way before you needed them."
"Sounds like fun," Utena said.
"It is! We should all get together and dye some roses after the duel," Anthy said.
Flabergasted that Anthy was so open, Utena was speechless.
Budoo studdered, "Uh-h. M. I'll bring tea(?)"
"N-kay."
"This is very iteresting, Utena. One just can't appreciate the magic till they've seen it for themself," Budoo said when Utena's uniform changed. It's exciting but scary too. Alright, now be serious, Budoo, this is As though I've always used it. Its heft gave her confidence to battle the spirit of a god. Her confidence she feared was too high Utena felt the god's strenght rush through her bones. Strength enough to revolutionize the world. His might was invigorating and enlivening. She sensed the presence of wild beasts in her. I am like a predator. She jumped and s Budoo reacted with a calm counter. She was moved by a serene force. Tranquility riased her sword arm and natural stability kept it there.
While Utena's blows were skilled, Budoo's quiet blocks turned all her hostillity against her. While her sword turned Dios-Utena's, she used her hand in round motions to turn her opponent away. While she glided Utena past her, Budoo slipp