Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Never Ending ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Never Ending

By: The Firefaery

PG

Disclaimer: I don't own Shoujo Kakumei Utena

*****

"I would love you till the end of time, you know?" she whispers, fingers twined into violet locks. "That's all I ever want to do - get out of here, escape. You and I could be together, away from all of this." A long pause. "All these memories and pain- "

"But how can I just walk away? This is all I've ever known," the violet-haired one replies softly, longing in her voice even if she tries to hide it. "I would be so lost- " The one with rose-tinted hair smiles in answer.

"I wouldn't let you stay lost. I'll always find you, wherever you are." The words are almost too quiet, breath against a sculpted earlobe. "We are free now, and no one can keep us apart ever again." Lips, innocent in their first meeting, come together. Skin to skin, there are no boundaries left between the two lovers, no walls or chains, no swords or sweet-smelling, but deadly in their meaning, flowers.

The reluctant one pulls away for a moment. "Can this be real? I have lived so long in illusion, how can I be sure?" Her fingers splayed against the pale flesh of her companion, a stark contrast of light and dark.

A white callused hand comes to rest on top of it. "Feel this," she says, placing the dark hand lower on her chest. "This is my heart, beating inside of this body. It beats for you. You will always know it's real, if you can feel this." The gentle, persistent thud of blood pumping through her body calms the other one.

"I see - How could I have doubted? It's too good to be a dream." They come together in another kiss, this one more sure, tongues darting out to duel, as swords in the Arena once did, hanging below the Castle inside the forbidden forest. "I never want this to end," she murmurs after breaking away to breathe. The other one laughs.

"It doesn't have to. My love for you is never ending."

"Forever?" A whisper of a hand over smooth skin, pink hair brushed aside tenderly.

"Yes," comes the reply, heated and low. "Forever."