Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Nobody Compares To You ❯ Nobody Compares To You ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Nobody Compares To You

Author: Christi Morelei

Rating: PG

Series: Revolutionary Girl Utena/Shoujo Kakumei Utena

Pairing: Miki/Kozue

Summary: Just a fluffy moment between Miki and Kozue. If incest squicks you at all, don't take it out on me.

A/N: Now, despite my sudden penchant for Heterosexual incest in anime/manga, this fic is not one of those. Not totally. It deals with Miki and Kozue, who are brother and sister; but this fic is just a sweet moment with the two of them. No big `cestuousness here, it's all fluff and sap and sweetness and… yeah. It's so sweet it'll make your teeth hurt.

Disclaimer: I do not own Revolutionary Girl Utena, Miki, or Kozue.

~*~

"No, it's too late for that."

She pouted and spout a whine so pitiful it grated on his nerves. "But, Miiiiiikiiiiiiii…"

He sighed and turned around, regarding her with concern and slight annoyance. "It's after 9. Even if you go, I can't. I've got to be on campus early in the morning, and I don't have any time for activities like this."

She frowned and pouted her lips again, hoping her sly and playful expression might sway his answer. It didn't.

Should've known better, she thought. None of my wiles work on him. As well they shouldn't…

She crossed her arms and stood on the balls of her feet. "But it won't be fun without you, Miki."

He stared at her for a moment calmly before shaking his head again. "You know I can't, Kozue. Go on without me."

He turned back around and sat at his desk, which faced the window. It was open and the curtains were wafting in the cool evening breeze.

Her eyes narrowed as he coolly sat at his desk and began to tediously scribble notes onto his papers. So she strode over to the opposing end of the circular table and slammed her hand down on the desk, making him jump. He looked up at her curiously.

"I won't take no for an answer, Miki."

"Kozue, I told you I can't-"

"Oh, whatever, Miki. Your grades are so high it wouldn't make a difference one way or the other if you missed an assignment or two. And as for that-" Here she regarded the Student Council papers. "Don't expect me to believe that Kiryuu-san gave you all the paperwork to do. He might be a playboy, but he's not lazy. If there was something so urgent that needed to be taken care of, he wouldn't make you do it."

He turned away, embarrassed. "I-I just wanted to make sure we got a head start tomorrow…"

"Then do your work tomorrow!" Her features suddenly softened. "Miki… we haven't gone out together since… I don't know when. All you ever do is work and calculate and theorize and you never have any more time for your own sister!"

He snapped his head up. Her face was flushed and she seemed genuinely disheartened. He slowly opened his mouth to speak.

"Kozue… have I really been that distant?"

She bowed her head and nodded. She pulled her hand from the table and stood upright, but still kept her head bowed.

"I just miss you, is all… You only pay attention to the Student Council… and Tenjou and Himemiya… and if I'm going to live the rest of my life with you acting this way… then I just want one more memory of you that I can keep."

He stood up, shocked at this revelation. "Kozue…"

But her emotions got the better of her. Everything she had had building up inside her came to a boil. "The only time I ever see you is when we're at home… and even then you brush me off for one reason or another! `Oh, I've got work to do, Kozue' or `Don't bother me, Kozue, I'm busy'. I've had it! I… I see you at school…" A tear fell down her face. "A-And you seem so happy… so bright… w-with that Himemiya girl… I can't compare to that…"

He rushed forward and held her in a tight embrace.

She gasped softly at this action. "M-Miki…?"

"Don't ever think that way, Kozue." He whispered to her. "Nobody could ever compare to you… you-you're my sister, and I love you… nothing will ever change that. I'm… sorry I was so cold to you. I didn't realize."

She stayed in his arms, wanting to stay in that position for as long as she could.

Cautiously, she spoke. "I love you too, Miki."

His embrace tightened and she in turn held him as well. It felt was if they were both holding onto each other in the hopes that the other would never let go.

"I don't want to go out anymore, Miki."

He nodded.

"I want to stay with you."

He looked up at her and smiled. "Let's go to bed."

"Okay."

He wrapped an arm around her waist and led her to her bed. She slowly lay down upon it, but as he was turning to climb into his own bed, she grabbed his wrist.

"Stay with me."

At first, he didn't know how to respond. But when he saw her face filled with desperation and hope, he complied and climbed into the small bed next to her.

She exhaled softly and draped an arm around his torso, resting her head upon his chest. The warmth emanating off his body soothed her jostled nerves.

He smells like vanilla and grass, She thought. Like a white rose…

A content smile graced her lips and just as she closed her eyes, he spoke to her.

"Goodnight, Kozue."

~*~

And the moral of the story is: FUN WITH PRONOUNS!!! Kidding…

Feedback is appreciated! What's this, heterosexual incest that's sappy and cute? MADNESS!!!!

~Christi~