Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of Love Part II: Pretty and Cruel ❯ The Androgynous Angel Appears ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter IV: The Androgynous Angel Appears

She leans back into me, the smooth, warm, naked skin of her body resting comfortably against mine. I wrap my arms around her small waist, pulling her even closer to me. I pepper the nape and side of her neck with small, delicate kisses. She leans her head back, her soft violet hair draping itself over my chest, as eyes equally as violet and beautiful gaze up at mine and, with a grin, replies "Mmmmm that was amazing…" I simply smile back down at her, my hands brushing strands of hair away from her perfect face. She then takes my hands in hers and caresses them gently before bringing one of them close to her lips and kissing it softly. She purrs quietly and continues, "You are amazing, Jury…" I lean down slightly and kiss her forehead, closing my eyes as I do so. My body feels so warm, my heart so full and complete. And as I open my eyes, the features of my room appear blurry and bright and I realize that my dream is over. I reach out with my right hand, grabbing towards the ceiling, towards a dream quickly fading, a desperate "No…" escaping from my lips, but I already know it is too late. I close my eyes, wishing so desperately to return to that dream but I know that it is impossible. Sunlight trickles in through my blinds, as it usually does at this hour, signifying that it is time to rise for another day at Ohtori Academy. Another day of masks and lies, of unfulfilled miracles and broken promises.

After a shower, I grab my books and begin walking towards the main hall. As I approach I find myself unable to think of anything but my wonderfully cruel dream; the warm touch of her skin, the sweet smell of her hair, the deep, penetrating gaze of her eyes, all for me only. In fact, I am so lost in my own mental desires that I almost fail to notice the unusually large crowd of students gathered near the front gate of the main hall. As I pass by the crowd, I can feel the excitement radiating off of them, the girls especially. Their eyes are fixated on a central point in the crowd, no doubt the cause of all this concern, and I follow their line of sight to a seemingly normal male student. He is tall and slender and is dressed all in white. His hair is long, down to his shoulders, and is a deep blue, as are his eyes. Those eyes, staring at me from the past. "Ruka…" I think to myself, "I can't believe it, you're back…" It is then that I notice a shorter girl who is standing closer to Ruka than all the rest. He laughs and smiles at her and she returns his smile, violet hair falling down around her eyes as she giggles. My feelings of surprise are quickly replaced with disgust and I hastily make my way through the crowd and head for my first class, leaving Ruka and Shiori behind.

The rest of the day passes uneventfully. Ruka turns up in a few of my classes, and I ignore the swooning of the female students as he introduces himself in each class. After my fencing classes, I decide to stop by the pond and watch the sun set. Sitting down on the small bench, I close my eyes and let the warm radiance of the sun encompass me, the last fading rays of light lifting my spirit away, away from my body, away from the chains of Shiori's curse, and I feel a small happiness swell within me.

"It's really quite beautiful…" A decidedly masculine voice cuts through my temporary peace, returning me to the prison of my heart. I don't even turn around, instead I open my eyes and reply, "Yes, the sunsets here generally are. But you already knew that, didn't you, Ruka Tsuchiya?" He smiles and sits next to me, "I wasn't talking about the sun." I show no reaction to his compliment; it was to be expected of him, "I see you haven't changed much, Ruka. But from what I saw this morning, I think you are complimenting the wrong person. So your first day back and you already have Shiori in your arms? You don't waste any time, do you?" I allow a small hint of spitefulness in my voice to seep through. His smile fades and I can see his eyes drift from me to the sun's reflection in the water, rippling and shimmering with the rustle of the waves. "She's still as cruel as ever." I am thrown slightly off guard by his comment and stand up to leave. "Well I have some previous engagements to attend to so if you'll excuse me." I turn and begin to walk away. "Do you still believe there are no miracles, Juri?" I hear him say behind me. I stop and while continuing to look straight ahead, my face remaining stern, reply, "Yes."

That night I find myself restless, so I get up, and decide to go outside to my usual spot by the fountain to do some thinking. As I approach, I notice two figures silhouetted by the falling water, their bodies close, the passion radiating off of them. As the water parts, I now see that it is Ruka and Shiori, locked in a deep kiss. I freeze where I am, the sight of seeing my cruel rose bride tainting the androgynous angel with her deceptive touch is sickening to watch. Disgusted by the twisted show of affection before me, I turn away and return to my dorm.

"Did you hear something?" Shiori Takatsuki asks of her lover. Ruka Tsuchiya only smiles and replies, "Nothing at all…" Shiori returns his smile and rests her head on his chest, her arms hanging at her side, "Well good, I'd hate to think we have a peeping tom on the loose." She closes her eyes and takes a breath, "I missed you so much, Ruka. I'd think about you all the time while you were gone. Did you ever… think of me?" Ruka rests his head on Shiori's, and, with his eyes still gazing on the spot where his tortured princess stood only moments ago, replies, "Only of you, Shiori, only of you…"