Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Darker Shades of Green ❯ Chaste Comfort ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here is chapter 9. It’s hard to believe that this story is almost 10 chapters long. It doesn’t seem like I’ve been working on it that long. Anyway, Saionji tells Anthy his secrets in this chapter.

I I I

The Darker Shades of Green

Chapter 9: Chaste Comfort

By: Red Rose Touga

I I I

“It’s about my past.” I told her.

“What is it about you past, Saionji-sama?”

“We’ve been together so long. I think it’s about time that I tell you about my past.”

We sat there, I telling her my most intricate secrets, even expressing my love for her as a prince, and she, sitting there, listening intently, and at times, feeling false comfort for me.

She never understood me…

I had thought so much that she did understand me.

A few times curing our conversation, she asked the occasional question, because deep within my heart, I had wanted her to ask why. Only she knew my every desire, and I was so blind to have seen it until now.

I was emotional to her.

I showed her my true feelings. The true sadness within my being.

She held false compassion, getting up and walking slowly over to me to give me a false embrace.

And at the time, I had no one else to hold on to, no one else but these dark arms around me, and that eminent smell of roses from the garden in which she had worked in.

It was a comforting thought though, to be this close to her, inhaling that intoxicating scent of roses.

I embraced her back, winding my arms around her slender form, resting my head in the crook of her neck.

“Anthy…”

“Yes, Saionji-sama?”

“Nothing…” I replied, my voice a bit more shaky, due to my excessive emotion.

“Don’t worry, Saionji-sama. I will be your bride forever. As long as you are the victor of the duels. I will reside at your side.” She spoke, her voice seeming to mimic concern.

Oh how I had wished those words were ones of truth. Then again, delusions got the better of me once more. They say love is blind. Love is very blind…

“Oh, Anthy.” I caressed her closer and insecurely to me, not wanting to let go, thinking that she fully understood me and that she’d always be there to care and comfort me. That she understood my sadness…

We sat there, for the longest of time, taking comfort in each other’s touches. My bride and I bound together in body and soul, as any relationship would be.

We comforted each other and spent long hours together, just speaking, and giving the gentle touches and ever so often a kiss.

The two of us began to speak of the “something eternal” that the image of a castle would have to offer them. She spoke to me, and told me that she too, desired something eternal from the castle.

I had made her that promise. No matter what happened, I would be the one who would grant her something eternal. I would be the one who shown her that castle and what it held within.

I would be her prince.

And she would be my bride.

My Rose Bride.

To spend all of eternity with.

As time passed by, we began to explore our inner love for each other, and we began an exchange diary. We’d write back and fourth to each other, and I would always write her poems and express my feelings in the form of kanji symbols.

I enjoyed reading her past entries. They always brought joy to me.

And I had hoped that she enjoyed reading mine.

I think that she had at one time.

Unless it only humored her to read my writings, putting out such feelings in something with no emotions.

Anthy…

My feelings ran deep for you.

Depper then you’d ever know.

In a blind love that produced my long-term faithfulness to you.

You and only you.

I was your prince and I would delusion myself into being it.

I wanted to be someone, and with you, I felt it.

With you, I felt as if I were on top of the world.

With you, I felt as if my life mattered.

With you, I felt as if there were a place in the world for me. I could show you what Touga showed the girl in that coffin.

I would show you something eternal.

TBC

Preview for chapter 10:

Deceiving is believing, but what happens when you have no choice but to believe?

A/N: Another short chapter. Sorry about that, I’ve been having trouble finding inspiration for this chapter. The next one will be better. This relationship is about to encounter some problems.

In the next chapter, I’m going to portray what I think happened and Saionji’s thoughts up to the day. I also apologize for my long delays I told my beta reader to hold off on me for a while so I could find some inspiration.

I have found it again after writing these 6 chapters of SaionjiXAnthy confrontation. I’ve also been working on another fanfic The Tints of Orenge which is Juri’s side of the story. Please check it out when you get the chance!

Please be sure to R&R and tell me your opinions, sorry if this chapter was boring.

Anyway, tell me how I’m doing!