Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Darker Shades of Green ❯ A Peaceful Place ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here is another chapter. I’ve been on a role posting these. I hope you enjoy them so far. This chapter is a SaionjiXAnthy chapter. Nothing much going on here, just some more of how I think their relationship used to be before Utena came into the picture.

Enjoy!

I I I

The Darker Shades of Green

By: Red Rose Touga

Chapter 8: A Peaceful Place

I I I

Anthy and I…

A true prince and princess.

Ever since I’ve won her, things have been so different between us. For once, I’ve felt the happiest I have in all of my life. I’ve felt nothing like this feeling. I think I’ve even smiled a real smile around her.

I’ve asked her to keep an exchange diary with me. We’ve written several entries. Just her and I.

For once, I’ve felt as I I’ve had something special to me.

She cooked and cleaned for me.

She did my laundry and sat down to have tea with me. We’ve talked together and ate lunch together. Sometimes, we even slept together.

Every day, when I practiced in the kendo room, she would watch me, and I would accompany her in the rose gardens, admiring the beautiful varieties of roses while she watered them with her golden watering can.

Often times, I’d just sit in there and admire her beauty.

I loved everything about her. Her happy, smiling face when she came to see me. The way she touched me and the heir to her voice when she spoke to me. How she complimented me when I won the duels for her sake.

I don’t believe I’ve thought one bad thought since I’ve had her with me…Well, I take that back, I’ve had some about Touga, but that’s not important. I always have bad thoughts on Touga…That traitor…

I haven’t released any pain lately and I think that my cuts have healed sufficiently. Some of the scarring had also gone away.

I’ve been doing better on my kendo and even won the latest tournament, and Anthy was there, cheering me on as I did so. I felt as if I had won that trophy fairly and justly.

She and I celebrated that day, both laughing and having a good time.

Laughing…

It’s been so long since I’ve done that.

It feels good.

I’ve been contemplating on something as of lately.

It’s been weeks and even months of us knowing each other. I wonder if I should tell Anthy about my past. Should I tell her my dark secrets? Would she understand? This is a moment I fear…

I know I must tell her. If you love someone, you want them to know everything about you, even if it is their flaws. Even if it was something you didn’t think they’d understand.

I look at her from across the room after coming to my dorm from Kendo practice.

She turned to look back at me. “Hello, Saionji-sama.”

“Hello Anthy.” I replied, giving her a kind smile.

She smiled back. “I cleaned the room, dusted, cooked and fixed you tea. I hope that you like it. I decided to make peppermint tea today, for something new.”

She handed me a cup of her tea. “Thank you, Anthy.”

“Your welcome, Saionji-sama.”

I took a sip, indeed Anthy was a fine cook.

“Like it?” She asked.

“Do I ever?” I told her. “Your cooking is divine. “

“I’m flattered that you think so, Saionji-sama.” She put a hand up to her cheek, closed her eyes and smiled.

“Practice went well, as always.” I responded.

“Sorry I couldn’t go today.” Anthy replied. “I was studying for a test after school, and then I came home to clean and cook, so you’d have a clean room and a good meal.”

“It’s alright Anthy. You shall come tomorrow.”

“Yes, Saionji-sama.”

I sat down at the table. She sat on the other side, bringing the tea pot with her.

We sit there, in silence for a while. I am still thinking on what exactly to say and what exactly to tell her. How can I bring up a subject such as this? It would be random of me to just bring it up…

But I suppose that sometimes you just have to take that bold move.

These are things that no one else knows.

No one knows these things.

These are the darker shades of my true color.

“Anthy?” I finally speak, looking up from my half finished tea at her.

“Yes, Saionji-sama?” She asks.

“I have to tell you something.” I finally tell her.

“Go ahead. You can tell me anything.”

TBC

Preview for chapter 9:

Some secrets were better kept.

A/N: This was short, I know, but the next chapter will be longer. Please R&R!