Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Darker Shades of Green ❯ To Sell A Soul ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Oneesan’s A/N: Sorry this took so long. I wasn’t able to beta read it until now. My computer’s been down, so please forgive me.

A/N: Here I am with another chapter. I’m now getting into the SaionjiXAnthy stuff, so anyone who is offended, stop reading or put up with it, because it lasts 6 chapters.

On with the fanfic.

I I I

The Darker Shades of Green

Chapter 7: To Sell A Soul

I I I

“I am the Rose Bride.”

Himemiya Anthy…

“I have no will of my own…”

How I wanted to believe otherwise…

But even that had botched me as well. You had sold your soul to Lucifer himself, and there truly was never anything I could’ve done about it.

She was pitiless and calculating and I willingly played into her ambush. Love is often sightless, and my own love was no exception. Did I ever really feel affection for her? Perhaps I had at one time…

One time long ago…

I had won her from the duel that auspicious day. A princess whose external beauty exceeded all other women of OhtoriAcademy, a bride and a princess; Anthy Himemiya.

“I am your Rose Bride now, Saionji-sama.” She walked over to me, her dress of blood red flowing about her petite form. I wore a pompous look that day, and for once in my life, I felt as though I had obtained something that I could not have before.

For once I felt as if I were worth something to someone, even if it was only her.

At the moment in time, she had sold her soul to me, as she had sold it to the previous victors of the duels we all fight in order to gain something eternal.

Something eternal…

I was so stuck on the thought at that moment in time.

What did I want that was something eternal…

At that point in time, I really didn’t know.

But for that moment in time, my self esteem started to boost, and with Anthy by my side, it would only rise over time. Perhaps I saw her as something more then a Rose Bride, or an impassive pawn in Akio’s game, but someone much deeper.

Perhaps back then I even dared to call her my comrade.

One of the only ones I’d ever have.

Was this what being a “prince” felt like? It was a wonderful feeling.

A prince and princess, that is what we were, and as long as I had something to defend, I felt I was of some worth to someone. I knew now then ever that she needed me, and I needed her.

“Anthy?”

“Yes, Saionji-sama?” She smiled impassively at me, though at the time, I wanted to believe it was bliss.

“ Are you happy with someone like me being engaged to you?”

“Of course Saionji-sama.”

I smiled to myself. “I’ll do everything I can to protect you. Don’t worry Anthy, nothing will harm you as long as I am around.”

This is a vow I had made in the delusion of my own delight. I was so idiotic when I look at it now. So foolish and so hopelessly in love with a hollow figure.

I put my arm around the slim form, and she nuzzled into me. I felt as if I meant everything to her, because, at the moment, she did to me.

I had experienced feelings that I never have felt before towards anyone. Then again, no woman would want me for who I truly am…

No one could handle the mysterious secrets that I hide.

Not even her…

Should I tell her?

I don’t think I will for a while, at least, not until we’ve spent some time together. A decent amount of time together. I don’t quite trust her as of yet, princess or not.

I looked down at her purple hair, shining with all of the vivacity of the sun, looking like a thousand of the gems combined in one massive flow.

She was striking, anyone could have been told that.

We walked down the stone walks of OhtoriAcademy together, I looking self-righteous and tall and feeling it for once, and she looking as beautiful and mysterious as she was.

We finally arrived at my dorm, the place where she was to live with me while engaged to me. She walked in and began to clean and straighten up things. I suppose my dorm room needed a woman’s touch.

As she got busy with the cleaning, I had prepared tea.

“There, all clean.” She finally said after hours of cleaning her fingers to the bone.

She turned around, giving me a kind smile. “How do you like it?”

“It’s fantastic. I never knew my room could look so clean.” I replied, pleased with the results. I sat a tea cup on the table. “Here, I fixed you some tea to repay you for your hard work.”

“Thank you.” She replied as she sat across from me and began to sip gingerly on the tea.

I noticed a small monkey who was munching on a cracker.

“What’s this?” I asked.

It looked at me with a fire to its eyes, almost as if I was going to take the said item from it.

“This is Chu-chu.” My bride replied with a turn of her head.

“Chu!” It replied, crumbs spilling out of its mouth. After it was finished chewing what it had, it began to clean up the crumbs.

“I see it’s efficiently cleaning its mess.” I replied, in a somewhat joking tone.

“His favorite thing is to eat.” Anthy replied.

“What do you like to do?” I asked, taking a sip of tea.

“Oh,” She stopped after the noise was produced; she looked as if she were being thoughtful on the subject.

I anticipated her answer.

“Whatever you’d like to do.”

I anime fell.

‘This is truly going to be a long day.’ I thought to myself.

I was slowly beginning to figure out just how much of her will she had lost the Rose Bride position. She was a victim of her own circumstances…

Perhaps she wasn’t so different from me…

TBC:

Preview for chapter 8:

Oh what a tangled web she weaves when I practice to believe.

A/N: Here’s another chapter down the hatch! Anyway, some actual good SaionjiXAnthy relationship going on, because I think at one point in time, that they actually got along as a bride and groom do.

Please review!