Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Moment of Truth ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Moment of Truth.

By: Hope_Poe26

Disclaimer: This song belongs to the group called Survivor. I don't own Card Captor Sakura. So don't sue.

A/N: This is a one-shot with the first two chapters in the manga by Chiho Saito. So I decided to write `The Moment of Truth' song fic as a background for Revolutionary girl Utena when she began her first fight with Saonji. I might jump at some parts though. I don't want this song-fic to be that long, ok?

It's my first Revolutionary Girl Utena fanfic, so please be gentle with me, ok?

Part I.

/ When you're alone you ask yourself

What are you searching for /

"UTENA TENJOU!" - The yell vibrated all thru the Serian Junior High School building.

Everyone looked on as a teacher with black hair walked quickly behind a girl in a rose boy's uniform. The girl had long wavy strawberry blond hair and blue eyes. She was tall for her age as she strode into the building, her whole demeanor wavering between cool and disinterested as the teacher continued to shout after her.

"Hold it right there! You can't wear such clothes… you're a GIRL!" "It's against school policy! Miss Tenjou, are you listening?"

"MISS TENJOU!" - the teacher yelled at her one more time.

Later, her classmates stood behind the faculty office listening into the discussion that was taking place in between the two faculty members and the girl with the shocking boys uniform.

"Parading around in boys attire! I don't know what to do with you!" "And shocking pink? Where in the world did you get that uniform?" - the teacher yelled at her.

"But ma'am… it's not `shocking pink' it's ROSE! It's a nice color. I picked it out, after all." - she exclaimed feeling like she had been challenged for her honor.

She opened up a book and indicated: "And it's not against school rules. It says here `students must attend classes in standard uniforms manufactured by designated stores'. My store was on the list." - seeing that she was right made the teacher sweat drop, but she ranted on again!

"Its a boy's suit!" - but Utena shot back quickly.

"Well, it SUITS my personality! Look at all the activities I pursue…" - the teacher was quiet.

"A miniskirt would just get torn. And the boys… `I see London, I see France…' It's irritating. This is the only logical solution."

Both teachers were astounded at her speech. She went on…

"If you still think it's a violation, I'll take the punishment. You may hit me, kick me… suspend me or expel me… it's up to you."

"…" - The teachers had no response to her speech as of yet. They looked on as Utena lowered her head in sudden submission although that was not quite accurate in itself.

"Then let's call you guardian over." - the female teacher finally said. That did it!

"Huh?" - Utena asked surprised.

"You'd call Aunt Yurika? Over a thing likes this?" - asked a disgruntled Utena:

"Ma'am!" - her yell could be heard all over the campus.

/ Deep in the night a dream is born

One that you can't ignore /

That had happened in the morning, now she stood waiting outside. Despite her attempts at stopping the female teacher from calling her aunt, she hadn't succeeded in stopping her. Furthermore, her aunt had come to her rescue so to speak. She had even sent her home. She was so worried about what would become that she did everything in autopilot until…

"Utena…" - she turned around to find her Kaido struggling to overstep the wall she'd just jumped through on her way home.

"Can't you take a proper road?" - he asked her a bit annoyed at how she jumped the wall quite easily and he had trouble with it!

"I prefer the secret paths… if you don't want danger… don't fall for Me." - she said a bit annoyed that she couldn't be left alone to her own thoughts.

FALL… What did she mean by that? He asked himself silently. Then: the obvious became.. well, obvious!

"Utena! Wait up!" - As he struggled to catch his breath, he realized that he needed to know… he just did!

"Do you… um.. Have someone you like?" - she stopped and slowly turned around.

"Me?" "Well, I…" - she dropped her sight to the mailbox in front of her. A letter? Could it be?

It read: `Miss Utena Tenjou'

"A letter with the Rose seal… it came again this year!" - she exclaimed momentarily forgetting that Kaido was with her.

`This year, finally, we will meet.'

The scent of roses…I still remember…

She contemplated the letter in her hands. Kaido asked her something, but she couldn't seem to hear him.

"Maybe it really is… … a letter from HIM!"

"Who's `him'?" - he asked as she suddenly began to run away from him and into her aunt's house.

"The person I LIKE!" - She said when Kaido demanded an answer from her.

She rushed into her room and took out a bundle of letters from one of the top drawers not noticing that Kaido had followed her into her room. She was furious when he snatched one of the letters from her hand to his.

*-*

/ If you think you can find the passion

And you're ready to take a chance /

Kaido listened carefully to her story…

"… That it's the person I met… that day, seven years ago when I finally knew… that my mom and dad were never coming back. Nobody told me, not even Aunt Yurika. I walked on through the streets feeling like crying… The skies were crying… and I was crying too. Then, someone accidentally pushed me as I was walking towards a bridge. I fell through the fence that was broken. Alone and tired, I fell into the river. It was like I was being drawn into a deep sleep… my body floating slowly… towards the water."

"But before I reached the water, someone saved me! The scent of roses… I asked him his name, but all he said was that it was all right.

`You're not alone… never alone… I gave you strength so you can live… a strong and noble life. I have to go now.'

I didn't want him to go, so I grabbed his hand and held on.

`There will come a time… when we meet again. And… if you do not lose your noble heart… then…'

His hand let go of mine and he gave me a ring with a rose seal engraved at the top. My prince vanished, like an illusion.. and I found myself in the rose garden, filled with may sunlight. Far off, I heard my aunt's voice and I came to. It was as if, I had awoken from a dream. I don't even remember how old he might have been, or what his face looked like. All I have is the smell of roses, and the feel of his tongue on my cheek as he licked away my tears. I nicknamed him "lickylick"…"

"Then it was a dream! Besides, there's not a guy on earth who'd give a ring to a girl he just met-much less keep sending her letters every year!" - Kaido yelled hoping against hope that Utena would reconsider about it.

"I know. At first I thought I'd dreamt it, that my parents had left me the ring and that my aunt sent the cards." - she said quietly.

"RIGHT! That makes sense!" - but he was unable to keep her from holding on to the dream when she said…

"But this year… this letter says `we will meet'. And it smells like roses… maybe he really will come back! And when he does, I want to be wearing this uniform. I want to look as close to him as I can."

"N-No… put this behind you! T-Take the uniform off, Utena! He didn't EXIST! Look at reality! Your aunt sent you the letters, it has to be! I'll prove it!" - he stopped abruptly his tirade when he suddenly realized that in his anger he had grabbed her by the lapels of her uniform and shoved her closer to his body so that their faces were an inch away from the other.

He let her go abruptly. He felt embarrassed at what had just happened. He grabbed the letters on his way out saying he could prove it. She was angry!!! She told him that if he dared to ask her aunt about it, she would never speak to him again and then stopped. A young man with black hair smiled at her and then bowed.

It couldn't be.. who is he? He bowed! But why? Why was he looking at me like that?

She wondered as she went onto cooking.

Weren't his eyes like that? Kind and gentle? My Mr. Lickylick…

"I'm home!" - it's aunt Yurika! She thought as she rushed to see her.

"You're just in time auntie! I made your favorite-spaghetti with tomato sauce! Come sit down before the pasta gets cold!" - she said happily.

"Yes. Let's sit and talk" - her aunt said while smiling a mysterious smile.

Urk! Scary smile! - thought Utena as she sat down to eat with her aunt.

/ If you really believe you can make it

Then the power is in your own hands /

"Auntie, I've been thinking… I like to wear my pink uniform. Is it okay if…" - she was interrupted by her aunt when she said…

"You can wear it. The teachers have permitted it as a special case. I didn't want to tell you until it was final… but my job is taking me to Holland. Amsterdam and Hou'ou-shi are sister cities… and there's going to be a big hotel built there! The Japanese invetors have put me in charge of interior design. It's a job that will take at least 2 years and I want to take you with me. I told them I would get you transferred before summer vacation and you can wear pink until then."

Transfer? So soon?