Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Moment of Truth ❯ 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Moment of Truth.

By: Hope_Poe26

Disclaimer: This song belongs to the group called Survivor. I don't own Card Captor Sakura. So don't sue.

A/N: This is a one-shot with the first two chapters in the manga by Chiho Saito. So I decided to write `The Moment of Truth' song fic as a background for Revolutionary girl Utena when she began her first fight with Saonji. I might jump at some parts though. I don't want this song-fic to be that long, ok?

It's my first Revolutionary Girl Utena fanfic, so be gentle with me, ok?

Part II.

/ *It's the moment of truth

You're giving it all /

"You found proof that my aunt sent the cards!" - she exclaimed surprised.

"That's right! All it took was research." "Where do you think these seven letters are mailed from?" "Hou'ou-shi!"

"Yeah so?" - she just couldn't see what was the big deal about it.

"Do you know what's in Hou'ou-shi? The head office of the big architecture company your aunt works for!" - he said feeling very pleased with his discovery.

"That's your proof?" - she asked him looking a little startled.

"Sure! When your aunt was there on business.. she sent you the letters! This font is the same as the new year's card you sent me. Look! It's printed on the computer at your place! You see Utena?"

Feeling so much better, he went on: "You had lost your folks… so she made up a Santa Claus of the Rose season and sent messages every year to cheer you up." "It's not some `Mr. Lickylick' like you think. It was a daydream you had when you were little and she made it come true."

A dream.. like sleeping beauty, still and quiet… in a dream from which I must awake. The seal of the rose… faintly fragrant… and the mark of his lips…I have to forget and wake up!

"I'm home!" - said her aunt as she came home. There was a snow storm on its way.

"How was your day?" - she asked her.

"Fine! It's really windy out Utena." "I brought home a guest. Come in, Aoi."

She was shocked senseless as `Aoi' came into the scene. It was the man she had seen the other day!

"My niece, Utena. Aoi Wakaohji is in college, working part-time at my office. We just ran into each other… and started talking of roses. We were having such a nice conversation that I invited him over. Oh, come in." - her aunt said as she made the introductions.

"Sorry to intrude so late at night." - he said.

"Serve him some tea, Utena… I'll go change." - her aunt exclaimed as she left the room.

They looked at each other and Utena was hard pressed to say something.

"So… you like roses? Is that why you were in front of the hedge the other day?" - she exclaimed.

>Sweat drop!< "Oh, you remembered that? Well, I do like roses…" "`Utena' is a curious name. Doesn't it mean `flower calyx'?" - he asked as she served him some tea.

"Not many people know that word… I guess you DO like flowers!" - she handed him the tea cup and noticed something in his index finger. A ring?

The ring with the rose seal… Just like MINE! But why does he…

"It's a nice name. A noble name." - he said smiling secretly.

My Mr. Lickylick! He does exist… Could it be.. HIM?

I thought it was a dream… a dream from when I was little. But the letter with the rose seal… did he come to see me at last? Could he be the `Mr. Lickylick'…for whom I've been waiting?

"You know… I've heard stories about you from Ms. Tenjou… your aunt. She told me about the pink uniform…" - he said as he tipped the teacup to drink up.

"Oh! That's just-" - she felt suddenly very embarrassed.

"No need to explain! You're like your aunt.. you make a decision and stick with it! I love strong women."

I love…

"Um… can I ask you a question?"

"Hmm?" - he looked at her expectantly.

"The other day… when you were standing by the rose hedges? Was it just because you liked roses.. or did you have another reason?"

The teacup slammed the plate harder than it should've been.

That made him nervous! Could he really be my Mr. Lickylick?

She started to ask him about the rose mark on the ring he was wearing when her aunt rushed into the living room.

"Aoi! It's awfully windy out there… maybe we should move that rose bush inside after all." "Sounds like something broke on the porch! I'd better check…" - she rushed outside making the door slam.

"OH NO!" - Her yell came from the outside startling Utena.

"Auntie?!"

Both she and Aoi looked outside and sure enough a vase had been broken by the forceful wind.

"Such a lovely gift! And Aoi just brought it to me today! It was a rare white rose…" - she cried out in distress.

"It will be fine. We'll just plant it again. This is a rare breed that's only grown at my alma matter, but it's resilient." - Aoi said as he grabbed the rose from her aunt's hand.

It is him… No mistake about it! My Mr. Lickylick is real!!

Utena thought as Aoi looked at her and asked her to help him replant the rose.

*-*

"…Not exactly. But I'm sure I'll see him at least one more time before I leave for Amsterdam." - Utena told Kaido as he stood shocked senseless next to her.

It was a lot to take in. First the Mr. Lickylick had turned up and now she was saying that… wait a minute… Amsterdam?!

"Amsterdam? Utena! You're going abroad? You can't!"

"Sure I can. It's my aunt's job. We have to go. See? The office is moving already, it's a done deal." - she said as she signaled the moving men.

As they were both in the elevator, Kaido asked her…

"So when are you going?"

"In June, I think. It's just for a couple of years."

"Years?!" - he said surprised.

"Yeah." - she answered a bit sad.

They walked into the office and suddenly Kaido turned around fully intending to leave…

"Wait! I changed my mind!" - he said.

"No way Kaido! We came here because you said you wanted to see Mr. Wakaohji." - she said while she grabbed him by the shoulder.

They stopped their quarreling when Mr. Wakaohji's voice filtered through the opened door.

"Take me… let me go with you as your assistant Yurika!" - he exclaimed.

They peeked in and found something so intimate and yet both couldn't stopped from looking on as Utena's aunt and Mr. Wakaohji kissed.

"I love… strong women." He was talking about auntie…

She thought as she dropped her backpack suddenly making the lovers turn around to see her and Kaido staring stupefied in front of them.

"UTENA?!" - her aunt exclaimed and then when she turned and fled the room, he yelled at her to stop. But it was futile.

I… I didn't know… that they were…Why should I cry? They-they're both so important in my life. They rescued me when I was little. So what if they have fallen in love? So what if Mr. Lickylick doesn't come to love me…?

But…I feel so sad…

Kaido ran through the rain, his feet splashing the puddles of water.

"Damn.. where'd she go? She's fast! I can't catch up. Where would she go after such a shock…?" - he exclaimed.

How did I end up here again? The bridge where I met Mr. Lickylick six years ago… guess I haven't grown up at all.

She rubbed her face desperate to rid herself from the tears running freely down her cheek.

I'm still the same little me…from when my mom and dad died…

She saw a little girl crying: "mommy? Mommy.. where are you?

A lost girl…? Just like I was… back then.

"What's wrong? Did you get separated from your mom? I'll help you look for her…"

/ Standing alone, willing to fall /

If you can do it /

The girl looked at her frightened. But she didn't seem to want her help.

"Don't run away-it's all right. There's a hole over there. It's dangerous, so don't go that way."

She fell!!

From the other side Kaido yelled into the rainy afternoon near the bridge.

"Utena? Are you out here?"

"GIVE ME YOUR OTHER HAND…" - She yelled as she grabbed the little girl by the hand trying to keep her from falling into the river.

"You can do it! A bit more…" - she felt herself slipping…

"NO!"

"UTENA!" - Kaido yelled as he saw from the other side that his friend had fallen into the river.