Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Person I Hate ❯ The Person I Hate ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The Person I Hate

Author: Christi Morelei

Series: Revolutionary Girl Utena/Shoujo Kakumei Utena

Rating: PG13

Summary: Nanami-centric. A bit scary and rather violent. Contains spoilers.

A/N: My interpretation of what happened with Nanami and Keiko after Nanami saw End of the World and beat up Keiko, Aiko, and Yuuko during episode 32, The Romance of the Dancing Girls. Told from Nanami's point of view. Kinda scary.

Disclaimer: I do not own Nanami, Keiko, or any other characters from Revolutionary Girl Utena.

~

Keiko whirled around, her hands on her hips. Aiko and Yuuko stood behind her, grinning simultaneously. Were they in on some secret that I was not privy to? That won't last long.

"Well, well, if it isn't Nanami." Keiko said. "You want something from us?"

I didn't answer. She looked so damned smug.

"I'll warn you though, things will be different from now on. We have no reason at all to follow your orders anymore."

Yes. I've freed you by revealing something you weren't meant to know, Keiko. Something I probably wasn't meant to know. But now I do. And now I have something to prove.

"What a waste! Brown-nosing, kissing up, doing your bidding!"

You scoff at me. I can feel your arrogance reeking out of your pores.

"It pisses me off to just think about it!"

For once, I agree with you.

"Well, starting today, it's payback time."

It sure as hell is.

"I hope you're ready for it."

Bring it on, bitch. I stare stoically, waiting for you to loose your cool at the very exact moment that I can wipe that disgusting smirk right off your face.

"What the hell is that look for?!" You yell.

That's my cue. My hands fly forward and I grasp your neck, digging my nails into your fragile skin. Somewhere in the background, I can hear Aiko and Yuuko gasp in fear, but I think I'm too blind with rage at this point.

When I speak, I'm shocked by how dangerous my voice sounds. I really am off the deep end. But I knew that already. "You don't know anything, do you Keiko?" She's gasping and her eyes are clenched shut. I know I'm hurting her, so I squeeze harder. A choking sound escapes her lips.

"You're nothing but a god damned parasite. A piece of vermin that I foolishly allowed myself to trust, even if for a short period of time." I think my nails have broken through her skin. She gasps again and chokes out, "Wh-What do you want? Th-This is for Touga, r-right?"

I am so amused at how Aiko and Yuuko are just watching in horror. Loyalty is only skin deep, it seems. And this skin is being ripped away. "No. This is for me."

I dig my nails into her neck one more time before throwing her onto the ground. She pants and grasps her neck, trying to breathe again. Aiko and Yuuko rush to her side.

Once she has regained her stature, she looks up at me, angrily. "For you?!"

"Yes."

She lets out a shrill scream as I pull her up by one of her pigtails and kick the pointy end of my boot into her groin. As the tears start to fall from her face, I pull her head sharply up towards mine. Gritting my teeth, I whisper.

"I'm going to prove something to you, Keiko. And if I have to kill you to do it, I will."

She moans in pain and I let go of her hair. I know she's really hurt now. And god help me, but I can't stop myself from making her feel as miserable as I do.

Aiko and Yuuko run forward, trying to stop me. I punch one and kick the other. They fall backward, afraid for their own lives, abandoning their leader to my wrath.

I kick her in the shins before pinning her to the ground and climbing on top of her. "Do you have any idea how much misery and desperation I've felt the last few days, Keiko?" She doesn't answer, too afraid to speak.

I punch her in the eye, screaming, "Well, do you?!"

She starts crying and shakes her head.

I sneer. "I didn't think so. Well, let me tell you, Keiko, my dear."

I rip the material from her shoulders and dig my nails into the exposed skin there. She winces.

"If someone you loved more than anything in the world told you that their feelings for you were nothing but superficial, how would you feel? If your beloved Touga, my ex-brother, told you that he was only fucking you for some cheap laughs, how would you feel? Would you smile and laugh, saying it was nice while it lasted and then go on with your life as if nothing happened?" My grip tightened. "Or would you be reduced to a poor, weeping little girl, crying over how violated and abandoned she feels like the cheap whore you are?!?!"

"Please!" She cries out. "Stop it! I... I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! Please don't hurt me!"

This amuses me. "Look at yourself, Keiko. I think it's a bit too late for that."

I pause for a few moments, taking in what she looks like. So disgustingly pitiful. It sickens me.

I give her a smile. But there's nothing sweet or soft about it. "Don't worry, Keiko. I don't hate you."

"Wh-what?"

"You piss me off more than any other person in the world, but I don't hate you. You see, the person I hate more than anything else is Anthy Himemiya. Annoying little bitch, isn't she?" I grab onto her neck again, and my voice sounds like the hissing of a snake. "She's immoral, manipulative, and disgusting. Even the thought of her makes me want to kill something. Don't you agree, Keiko?"

If I were to look in a mirror right now, I'd bet I'd see the most terrifying glint in my eyes. "Anthy Himemiya is a living lie. Everyone thinks she's just an innocent little girl, but I know the Rose Bride's true identity. I see her for what she really is." Keiko's face is turning blue. "And god help me, but I wish my hands were on her neck right now, Keiko.

"But you just happened to be the one who pissed me off first."

If I hold onto her any longer, she might suffocate. "I'm going to prove that I'm nothing like her."

I let go of her neck just as she passes out. She's still alive. I'll need her later.

I stand up, brushing myself off. Aiko and Yuuko are backed up against the wall, looking at me with complete and utter terror in their eyes.

If they run away, I'll just do to them what I did to Keiko.

But I don't think they'll run.

Perhaps right before Keiko passed out, she saw me for who I truly am. She saw the only thing that was driving me to be so violent.

And despite what I said, it wasn't my hatred for Anthy Himemiya.

I think it was desperation.

~Fin.