Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ To Be Friends Like That ❯ To Be Friends Like That ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning: This fic is set at the end of episode 25 and contains spoilers for said episode and possibly beyond. I strongly suggest you watch at least up until episode 25 if not the whole series before reading this fic. Furthermore, this fic also contains implied adult situations and is intended for a mature audience.
 
To Be Friends Like That
 
Yes, the Sword of Dios had disappeared. It was shortly after Saionji and Utena had engaged in battle that it happened.
It was curious to say the least. Shocking for Utena. troubling for Anthy. And an absolute mystery to Akio.
Such a thing had never occurred before, but it was only soon after that, something, something unbeknownst to Akio stirred somewhere deep inside the one known as “The Rose Bride”.
It was not premeditated. What happened next that is. A new sword for the champion of the duels presented itself, with the aid of the Rose Bride's . . . unique abilities.
And curiously, the girl's sword was crafted akin to the Sword of Dios. It was amazing and beckoned questions that interestingly enough, were not thought to be asked.
Akio was ecstatic in regards to these turns of events, however unexpected they were.
Utena thought absolutely nothing of the ordeal. Was simply glad that the day's duel was over with and that Anthy was safe and out of Saionji's grasp.
Anthy thought little of it-thought little of most things actually, and yet, at the same time, knew that the balance in the relationship between herself, the Rose Bride and the current dueling champion, Utena had somehow changed. Unexpectedly.
She was unable to fully process this knowledge. Unable to fully comprehend what the two of them had officially set in motion or the snowball effect it would have.
Since the rematch between the student council president and Utena, Anthy had vaguely started to feel the faintest glimmers of hope; though where this hope was to lye in, had not yet been made clear to her.
And today, it was apparent that Anthy had some sort of substantial faith in Utena. For the most part, she blocked out such sentiments. She was the Rose Bride after all.
“The Sword of Dios did not appear.” He muttered it several times.
What had transpired between Utena and herself, seemed in someway special, maybe even sacred. There was a beauty to it that could not be explained. A something . . . indescribable, that needed no words and was just for them to know.
It was a genuine connection that was being forged. Anthy had only known such a thing with her brother, but this was different. This held an innocence and a purity that her and her brother had never shared.
Akio was aware of none of this. He did not know that the cogs were turning. He was far too caught up in the possibilities Utena's sword might hold. He was excited. He muttered to himself as Anthy stood by him. He was unable to detect the intruders threatening to enter into his paradise: that which was truly miraculous, that which could outshine all others; that which could become pleasantly eternal, and could successfully revolutionize. . .
He desired her. She could tell, but she did not particularly desire him.
“Come here Anthy.”
She actually felt reluctant to comply. Don't touch it. Was it that she felt she would be betraying Utena to do so? Of course she could not, would never refuse him, but she did not hungrily accept his invitation as she always did since nearly before either could remember.
“Come here!” He forced her towards him, none too gently. The room went dark and the two resumed their “normal”, private activities.
She did not hesitate again that night. However, Akio archived the fact that she had resisted him, and when she did, he vaguely had an idea why. He would be rough with her tonight and would soon grow suspicious and feel jealousy and then harbor a desire to break the girl prince. But for the time being, he would reveal the familiar curves of his sister's body.
Unlike most nights when the two rendezvoused, he did not sit back and gaze at Anthy's nude form and he did not whisper words of comfort. He did not assure her that he was the only one able to dull the terrible ache she felt for being the Rose Bride as he kneaded flesh that had been invisibly scarred thousands, no millions of times over. Perhaps if he had, the not so distant future would have turned out differently. . .
No sooner had both their clothing been removed, Anthy found herself on her back with him atop her.
They moved together, her hands grasping at his shoulders. Her nose taking in his slightly curry scent. She sighed and whimpered at the appropriate intervals; her body nearing or coming to its peek.
And she decided that she wouldn't mind if she were to be with Utena. Yes, to be coveted by Utena was not an unpleasant thought. How would it feel compared to him? What kind of noises would her dueling champion make-or would she make noises at all?
Anthy could feel the heated breath of her “dear”, beloved brother against her skin. She writhed under Akio. She was, for the most part, lost in their silent ecstasy and yet, still at the back of her mind: why did he have to go and sully this day; this incredible, horrible, special day with his sexual urges?
Of course, these thoughts of hers did not carry an overly exuberant amount of weight. They were offhanded and would not be dwelled upon at a later date.
With the finale of the night's escapades, Anthy dozed off for a short time but awoke in the very early hours of the morning to dress and make her way to her and Utena's room.
She found Utena and ChuChu sleeping soundly. She watched them, more specifically Utena with dry sleepy eyes for several minutes before changing into appropriate night apparel.
Anthy pulled back the covers of her half moon shaped bed. She felt awkward. She climbed onto her bed and sat there for several more minutes: as if she were trying to recapture the warm, innocent, intimate feeling the two of them had shared earlier.
She leaned back into her pillow, as both herself and Utena had done in unison the night before.
Anthy looked to her side to gaze at Utena. It was kind of. . . nice and even, perhaps, almost enjoyable to be the Rose Bride with this sort of champion. In a way, she wanted everything to stay as it was right in this moment. They could just stay like this. . . Anthy outstretched her hand with a tremble. That would be nice . . . wouldn't it?
Authors Note: Well this was unexpected. This is my first posted Utena fanfic, but I've actually got two others in the works that I've been working on for several months. This I started on a whim, so I've surprised myself by completing it in only a week since starting.
Anyway, I was re watching episode 25 and 26 and certain scenes made me start thinking. I believe that it is around this time in the series that Utena and Anthy start to really get close. And while that's good, it puts a lot of stress on Anthy I think because she becomes conflicted: torn between her brother and Utena . . .
Ack I had this whole blurb worked out where I was going to talk about this fan fic but I can't remember it at all now. Sigh. Well if there's anything about this story that really bothers you or a portrayal of someone that rubs you the wrong way, drop me a line at Hope you enjoyed this short read and hopefully I'll be posting in the Utena fandom again soon. Ja.