Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Under Your Spell ❯ I'm Under Your Spell ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Under Your Spell
Author: Topaz Kat
Rating: PG? (It's obviously more if you actually know the show)
Disclaimer: Utena belongs to someone that isn't me that I can never remember who owns it. The lyrics to "Under Your Spell" belong to Joss Whedon. I only take responsibility for writing this, the idea is not my and therefore I can't be blamed.
[....] Song lyrics
Author's Note: This goes back and forth between Utena and Anthy. I will make a little score card at the end, but see if you can guess who's who. I will also warn that this might not make as much sense if you haven't seen the whole series.
 
[I lived my life in shadow
Never the sun on my face
It didn't seem so sad though
I figured that was my place]
 
I have always been in the darkness; my brother said that it was my power that made me that way. I was used to tending to my roses, never feeling the light that blessed them. It's my own fault though, for hiding the prince the way that I did. It's my punishment for sealing away the light that would have saved the world.
 
[Now I'm bathed in light
Something just isn't right
I'm under your spell
How else can it be
Anyone would notice me]
 
I follow my own rules, because one day I will be the one to do the saving: how else will I find my prince? So I saved my friend Wakaba, and in the process I found you, poor lost bride. With your power, I'm now able to fulfill my promise to my prince. But first, I need to get past everyone else. It's odd; they wouldn't have looked at me without you by my side.
 
[It's magic I can tell
How you set me fee
Brought me out so easily]
 
I know I'm still being manipulated, and I know that I'm doing it too. But this time, this time, it feels different. I feel something that I haven't sensed in a very long time: a sense of self, for a while I know what I'm doing, I know I'm not happy about it.
 
[I saw a world enchanted
Spirits and charms in the air
I always took for granted
I was the only one there
But your power's shown
Brighter than any I've known]
 
I know magic, I am magic: I am the darkness that trapped the light. I have danced with spirits and made charms for as long as I can remember. I used one to save him, because he was dying and the world was killing him. And in payment, I was cursed. I've seen all of this, and yet your power is even stronger than mine.
 
[I'm under your spell
Nothing I can do
You just took my soul with you
You worked your charm so well
Finally I knew
Everything I dreamed was true
You made me believe]
 
I would have followed you to the end of the world, and I certainly followed you to the end of ours. I trusted you, I believed in you and everything that you had told me about you, about your brother, about what it meant for you to be the bride. And even though I knew I wasn't going crazy, I knew something was wrong. What could have been bothering you so much otherwise? You must have had a reason to try to leave me.
 
[The moon to the tide
I can feel you inside]
 
When I've seen it so many times before, it makes me wonder why I am drawn to you. I can't pull away. It's almost like before, but different: for when you fight for me, to set me free, I can feel it.
 
[I'm under your spell
Surging like the sea
Pulled to you so helplessly
I break with every swell
Lost in ecstasy
Spread beneath my willow tree]
 
I don't care how you've lied to me, mislead me or lead me to harm. But I'm drawn to you, and so I can't leave. It's as if I can borrow your own power, using it as well as my own at last. I promise you that I would make you free, and I will not be denied. You will be saved and at last I can hold you and help you to stand!
 
[You make me complete
You make me complete
You make me complete]
 
I left today, and I will find you.
 
I am lost without you, please come to me.
 
We will be together, I swear it.
 
I wouldn't want it any other way.
 
First set: Anthy
Second: Utena
Third: Anthy
Fouth: Anthy
Fifth: Utena
Sixth: Anthy
Seventh: Utena
Last: Both