Vampire Game Fan Fiction ❯ Peeping Princess ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Peeping Princess
Notes: Vampire Game is another manga that I absolutely adore. It's got everything! Sexy vampires, humor, romance, sexy vampires, a good storyline, sexy vampires…and yaoi! What's not to love about it! I had actually planned on it being a different pairing, like Darres/Ishtar and have either Duzell or Yuujel intrude on them…but after reading volume 8 my yaoi senses were tingling. Don't worry if yaoi is not your thing because in the up coming chapters a hetero pairing will be add to the mix.
Disclaimer: I do not own Vampire Game, plot, characters included. Oh and the barrel of monkeys isn't mine either!
Chapter One
I know it's wrong…but then again why the heck not! I mean I've done a lot of things that I knew I shouldn't. And did a little thing like a guilty conscious stop me? Hell no!
You see, I am trying to spy on two of the most important people in my life. One the bodyguard I've had since I was a kid, the other is my cousin and magic teacher. Both are significant to me, but in different ways.
My bodyguard, Darres, I have a strong crush on him. The level of devotion I have towards him is actually kind of scary, since I tend to only look out for number one. As for my magic teacher Yuujel…did I mention that he was my cousin? Oh and that he use to have a crush on ME when we were just kids? Creepy you say? Maybe, but hey if you're one of the apples that fell from the Phelios tree then fellow Phelios apples are fair game…okay that did sound a bit disgusting.
What were we talking about again? Oh yeah why I am spying on them!
You see it all started with my latest magic exam:
Leaning back in the chair I waited as Yuujel looked over my magic exam score sheet. His quill would scratch out X's and with vibrant flourish checking off the few that I got right. It isn't long before the wispy magician looks up at me, a slight frown on his face.
"That bad huh?" I ask even thought I honestly don't care what the score of the test was.
"Not bad…but not good either," Yuujel said before handing me back the paper.
"A sixty? Oh come on Yuujel I've made worse than that! Why the glum face?"
Actually after we came home from Zi Alda Yuujel has seemed a tad bit on the moody side, which isn't like him at all.
Behind us the door opens and in walks Darres. Instead of standing directly beside my chair in order to escort me to my next class Darres lingers back. Looking over my shoulder I have to bite my tongue to keep from calling him over. I saw Darres look, not at me, but Yuujel. That simple glance accomplished what Darres had always threatened to do…shut me up.
At first I had to blink then rub my eyes. No way, I didn't just see what I thought I just saw…or maybe…nah couldn't be. The sound of Yuujel clearing his throat jerks me away from the dangerous thought territory that I was treading into.
"You're free to go your highness. I am sure Sir Kale wouldn't want to you to be late to your next class."
I snorted in response; the old man could just kiss my pert royal behind for all I cared. Still I don't want to be put off my dinner tonight by listening to him lecturing me on the importance of being punctual, so instead of protesting I got out of my chair, heading towards the door. My footsteps slows when I don't hear another pair of footfalls echo mine. Looking over my shoulder Darres is still rooted to the same stop, he gives a nod, encouraging me to go on without him.
Okay…something is up. Call it princess intuition if you must, but something is going on between teach and MY Darres. Still I can't very well stick around…nah that's too easy. Instead I play the good girl' card, waltzing out of the room to be greeted by my two other guards Kari and Jill. With a small smile I walk ahead of them, it isn't long
before they fall in step behind me, talking away like a pair of old ladies.
While they are distracted with conversation I weave them through the tricky palace corridors. When neither one of them mentions that we are no where near my class I turn a sharp corner, hike up my skirt and bolt back down the hallway we came down.
Before I reached for the door I glanced over my shoulder. No one was around. I can't help but grin wickedly, by now Jill and Kari must be scouring the palace, trying to find me in the most obscure places.
But while they do that I am standing at the door, looking at the tiny slit just wide enough for me to take a peek. However it's not what I see but rather what I hear.
"That still doesn't explain why you kissed me!"
Looking into the room I see Darres with his hands on the desk and glaring down a smiling Yuujel.
Whoa hold on there…they kissed! Where the hell was I when this happened!
As if that wasn't shocking enough I look on as Yuujel chuckles at Darres. Placing his elbows on the desk, hands folded on top of one another so that a tilted head can rest on them.
"My Darres, you call that little affectionate peck on the cheek… a kiss?"
"Your lips touched my skin, hell yes that was a kiss!" Darres bellowed.
Tucked safely behind the door I can't help but gulp. Even though Darres gets pissed off at me a lot; I can honestly swear that I've never seen him this mad. Despite the fact that the man above him looked murderous Yuujel just keeps smiling…and then does something rather unexpected.
I blink, rub my eyes, blink again…no I am not dreaming.
Yuujel had bolted upright from his chair and in a quick motion captured Darres's lips.
The world as I know it has ended…or at least is stopped for one very
long second.
I can't exactly see how Darres is reacting to the kiss from here all
I can see his hands on the desk tightly grasp the edge as Yuujel leans
in closer.
I am not really experienced in the romance department; from what I gather though it's a good thing, for Yuujel at least, that Darres has yet to pull away. Could he be in shock…or maybe…a small part of him is actually enjoying this?
My heart gives a painful jerk while I inwardly try to encourage Darres to pull away. However I am disappointed to see him not only staying but leaning in closer as well.
Nervously I nibble on my lower lip as Yuujel raises a hand to Darres's face, his long finger winding through dark hair.
Another painful squeeze of my heart as those same fingers trail down a strong neckline.
My nails rake against the wood of the door. I want to say something to make this stop. It's too cruel to stand by and watch this…but like an idiot I can't walk or even look away.
Finally their lips pull away. There is a smug grin on Yuujel's face that I have a strong urge to claw out.
"Now that is a real kiss." Yuujel said.
All I could think about what how satisfying it would have been if Darres just pull his fist back and punched Yuujel's lights out. Cousin or not no one makes a move on Darres!
Instead there is awkward silence, Darres and Yuujel holding a sort of staring contest. Darres is the first to break away, only his gaze is moved, otherwise he remains motionless.
A small sigh echoes in the room, from Yuujel I think. That would make sense because its' the smaller hand of the magician that reaches out to touch Darres only to be blocked as a soldier's reflexes kick in. Again they stare, but Yuujel breaks contact first by leaning forward and gently kissing the hand grasping his.
I can feel my own lips quiver as Yuujel kisses skin that must be rough and calloused from holding and fighting with swords. Again I will Darres to just jerk his hand away…but he stays.
Yuujel pulls back from his hand, looking up at the one person I cared about.
"You know that I love you Darres…but how do you feel…about me?" Yuujel coyly asked my bodyguard.
Notes: Dun-Dun-Dun! Evil cliffhanger I know, but I am busy with school and this weekend didn't look too promising either so this was an opportune time to write the first chapter. If you like it so far I would greatly appreciate a small review hint-hint. Thanks for reading!