Vampire Hunter (Darkstalkers) Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction / Street Fighter II Victory Fan Fiction ❯ Hunter's Moon ❯ School Daze ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: HYPERMAN DOES NOT OWN DIGIMON, STREET FIGHTER, DARK STALKERS, GOLD DIGGER, LA BLUE GIRL, OR ANY OTHER ANIME THAT APPEAR IN THIS STORY. IF HE DID, HE WOULD BE RICH, SO DON'T SUE HIM. HYPERMAN ONLY OWNS THE CHARACTERS HE CREATED AND THEY SHOULD NOT BE USED WITHOUT HIS PERMISSON. ANY OTHER CHARACTERS, HYPERMAN GOT PERMISSION TO USE THEM. WITH ALL THAT SAID, ENJOY!
 
Hyperman: Before I start anything, I want to let you all know that this story has pairings of humans and Digimon, if you don't like that, then don't read. Also, characters from La Blue will be in this story, but will not be doing anything freaky. In other words, NO HENTAI!!! Although tentacles will be in this fiction, it won't be like that; if you don't like that DON'T READ!!! Now that that's out of the way, I want to say thank you for all the reviews that have been sent, I really appreciate it!
 
Lady Devimon: Didn't you beg those people to review?
 
Hyperman: (Sweats nervously) Um… no, they reviewed because they liked the story. Yeah, that's it! They really liked it!
 
Lady Devimon: Sure they did, now when am I going to appearing?
 
Hyperman: Let's get this party started!
 
Lady Devimon: Answer My Question DAMN IT!!!
 
Terms:
 
< > English
 
// Telepathy
 
Hunter's Moon
By
Hyperman
Chapter 2: School Daze
 
“Who is that?” Davis whispered to himself. All thoughts about drawing, Digimon, and Kari left his head as he continued to stare at the new student. Her skin was that of fallen snow, which only brought out her hazel/brown eyes, and long black/brown hair with white streaks. To Davis, she was like nymph emerging from a fairytale book; she even made the gray sailor fuku look beautiful.
 
All the other students whispered amongst themselves about the new girl while the teacher talked about her. Ken, Yolie, Kari, TK, and Davis sat in the back of the classroom. Ken sat next to Yolie, while Kari and TK sat next to each other behind them, and Davis sat a few seats in front of Ken.
 
“It would seem that the new girl already has quite a following.” Ken whispered quietly.
 
“She's pretty cute too.” TK said without thinking and Ken nodded his head in agreement.
 
“Cuter than me, TK?” Kari asked TK sweetly, but her eyes had changed to those of a cat and seemed to stare a hole through TK. TK wisely shook his head no and Kari smiled.
 
“What about me Ken, hmmm?” Yolie asked impatiently.
 
“I did agree she was cute,” Ken stated and then he saw the death glare from Yolie and quickly answered. “But she's nowhere as cute as you!” Yolie smiled at that and Ken let out a sigh of relief.
 
“You're taking me shopping though.” Yolie said and Ken groaned.
 
“You know, Ken isn't the only one who thinks the new girl is cute.” TK whispered and pointed to Davis who was seemed to be in a trance.
 
“You thinkin what I'm thinkin?” Asked Ken and TK nodded his head.
 
“But she just got here,” Kari pointed out. “What makes you think that she'll even like Davis?”
 
“Who cares,” Yolie said with a dismissive wave. “If this will help get his mind off you and TK, then what's the problem?”
 
“The problem is that we may make things worse for Davis, what if he tries that same stunt again?” Ken pointed out.
 
“Yeah, I forgot about that.” Yolie said solemnly. None of them wanted remember the events that transpired after Kari rejected Davis's feelings for her. Ken reached over and gave Yolie's hand a squeeze.
 
“Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you.” Ken said and Yolie smiled.
 
“I know Ken, its okay.”
 
“We don't have to worry about Davis trying that stunt again.” TK reminded them, “Remember what D said he'd do to Davis if he even thought about it.” The others nodded their heads in agreement.
 
“Okay, I say we give it a shot, but we don't try to push them into anything, Davis is still my friend and I want to help him the best way I can.” Kari looked over at Davis who was still in dreamland and remembered that he used to look at her that way. “I say we invite the new girl to sit with us during lunch, agreed?” The other kids nodded their heads in agreement, just as the teacher finished talking about the new girl and turned to her.
 
“Would you please tell us a little about yourself, Miss Kisaragi?” Taiko nodded her head and turned to the class.
 
“Hello everyone, my name is Taiko Kisaragi and I just moved here from Metro City a few days ago. I don't really know my way around here. I like to read, play soccer, and sing.” Taiko said quietly and began to blush a little. “I don't really have many friends, but I hope we all get along.” Taiko finished with a bow and looked up at the students. They all stared at Taiko, which made her feel uncomfortable and then every boy in the room, with the exception of TK, Ken, and Davis (who was still in la la land.) let out a cheer of joy. This scared Taiko some, because no one had ever treated her like this.
 
“D, did I do something wrong?” Taiko asked meekly.
 
“Wrong, you? No way, you're perfect!” Said a male student with black hair. Soon all of the boys were chanting Taiko's name, making her blush even more.
 
“Settle down boys, you're making her nervous.” Said the teacher, which made all the boys groan in disappointment. “You can ask her more questions during your other classes or lunch time.” The boys let out another cheer. “But you will do it in a respectful manner.” The boys let out another groan and the teacher buried his hands in his face and let out a sigh. “You think they'd never seen a girl before. Taiko, please take the empty seat next to Davis.” The teacher pointed the spiky brown haired boy with goggles on his head. Taiko quickly made her way to her appointed chair and sat down. She turned to the boy next to her and smiled.
 
“Hello, my name is Taiko. You're Davis, right?” Davis snapped out of his dream and stared at the vision of loveliness in front of him.
 
“Huh, yeah I'm Davis, nice to meet cha!” Davis said with one of his trademark goofy grins, which made Taiko giggle. Davis was about to say something else when he felt an aura of death surround him. He looked up to see every guy glaring at him and sweat dropped.
 
“Pay attention boys or you can all hold buckets in the hall.” The teacher said sternly and all the boys quickly turned back around, but not before giving Davis one final death glare.
 
“I think this will go easier than expected.” Yolie said, but most plans seldom do.
 
***
 
 
As the teacher introduced him to the class, Tsunami looked at the students in front of him. They were just regular kids, until he spotted a group who seemed different in a way. Tsunami let his eyes go out of focus and took stock of their auras. He was surprised at how different it was from the other kids. While most people's auras were a gentle blue, they all had a red aura about them. Except for one girl with shoulder length brown hair, her aura was a gentle green, but there was something about her that made him feel a kinship of sorts. The girl noticed that Tsunami was looking at her and shyly smiled, Tsunami nodded his head politely. What Tsunami didn't notice was that a boy with wild brown hair was glaring at him.
 
/What do you think about the new guy, D?/ Asked Jun.
 
/He knows that we're different, but he doesn't know that were not human, and he thinks that you, Mimi, and Sora are cute. / D told her and Jun smiled.
 
/Well that's nice to know, but I got eyes for one guy./ That made D smile.
 
/He's got good taste though./ Mimi said.
 
/Too bad, you're taken!/ Izzy said, sternly.
 
/Somebody's jealous!/ Teased Jun and Izzy grumbled something underneath his breath.
 
/I don't like him,/ Tai said, /There's something funny about him./
 
/I don't really see what the problem is Tai, you don't need to be jealous./ Sora told him quietly.
 
/I'M NOT JEALOUS!/ Tai shouted and everyone grabbed their heads in pain, but none of the other students noticed. /Sorry./ Tai said meekly. Sora continued to stare at the boy and felt like she knew him. Without thinking she asked.
 
/D, is he a Were of some kind?/ D smiled and everyone else stared at Sora in disbelief.
 
/Very good Sora, I bet you felt like you knew him right?/ Sora nodded. /The reason you did is because all Weres on a certain level can sense each other and those like them. That's probably why Tai felt so threatened./
 
/I'm not jealous./ Tai muttered, but everyone chose to ignore him.
 
/Now that I think about it, he did seem kind of weird./ Mimi pointed out.
 
/Well, what kind of Were is he?/ Izzy asked.
 
/I don't know,/ D said after minute. /What I can tell you is that his abilities are dormant or he may a Skip./
 
/What's a Skip?/ Asked Jun.
 
/A Skip is one who is born of a Were, but they cannot transform. A Skip will have some traits of its parents like being restless during full moons and being good with animals. But if a Skip finds another Were and have they children then there would be a good chance of their offspring being Were./ Explained D. Before any more telepathic communications could continue the teacher finished his introduction of Tsunami.
 
“Would you please tell us a little about yourself, Tatsumi?” Tsunami nodded and addressed the class.
 
“My name is Tatsumi Hibiki and I just moved here from Osaka. I like to read, fish, and practice martial arts, thank you.” He said quietly with a bow and everyone sweat dropped.
 
“Um, would you like to add anything that, Tatsumi? The teacher asked.
 
“I would prefer if you would all address me as Tsunami, please.” Everyone sweat dropped even more.
 
“Okay then Tsunami, would you please take a seat by D.” The teacher said pointing to the pale boy wearing sunglasses and dressed all in black. Tsunami nodded and took his seat next to D. Tsunami looked at D and the others and smiled at them, before turning to listen to the teacher's lecture. But something was bothering him, there was something strange about those six students, he didn't sense anything malicious about them, but they just didn't seem right.
 
“I'll tell you about it later.” Whispered D and Tsunami stared at the smiling boy in shock. “Yes, I read your mind.” D said calmly, “Don't worry about it.” Tsunami looked at D and the other kids who all wore similar smiles and shrugged. Surprisingly, he wasn't worried.
 
***
 
Tsunami's brother made it home in record time, as he entered the house and briefly went into the kitchen to get a broom, before heading up the stairs. He stopped in front of the door with words JIMMY and steeled himself for what he was about to do. Jimmy was still snoring loudly, went Tsunami's brother knocked on the door.
 
“J, Jimmy, it's time to get up.” Jimmy continued to snore, so Tsunami's brother knocked louder and was rewarded with a growl. He steeled himself one more time before quickly opening the door; throwing the broom at Jimmy, who let out a yelp of surprise and shouted, “WAKE UUUUUUUP!” With that, he quickly walked back to his room.
 
***
 
Tsunami's brother finished packing his gear, which consisted of a pink karate gi, black undershirt, and brown gloves into his gym bag. When he finished, he opened the door to his room, only to run into a brick wall. Clad in a pair of shorts and wearing a pair of metal ankle bracelets, said brick wall stood at 6ft3, weighed 216lbs of solid muscle, had green skin, spiky red hair running down past his back, patches of red hair on his chest, fore arms, and shins. Said brick wall also had sharp fangs and claws. Tsunami's brother gulped and greeted his friend.
 
“Morning, Jimmy! You aren't mad about me hitting you with the broom, are you?” The man-beast growled at his soon to be, dead best friend. Thinking quickly, Tsunami's brother pointed behind him. “Look! There's Tomo-chan!” Jimmy turned around, but did not see the family pet. Turning back around, Tsunami's brother was nowhere to be seen and the front door slammed shut. Growling, Jimmy leapt down the stairs and out the door just in time to see Tsunami's brother trying to get the driver's side door of his 4x4 open. Jimmy jumped on the hood of the 4x4, denting it and grinned toothily down at Tsunami's brother; before launching himself at the older Hibiki, who got out the way just in time and began running down the street and screaming like a little girl.
 
“Aw man, look what you did to my truck, do you know how much it's going to take to fix?” Tsunami's brother asked angrily and then began to scream again when he saw how close his friend was catching up to him.
 
“That depends on how many more dents I make with your head!” Jimmy growled. “That broom handle hit me in the face!” With a roar, Jimmy continued to chase the screaming man, ignoring the looks of people watching them.
 
 
***
 
 
Everything had been going well for Tsunami, until second period, English class. Try as he might, Tsunami could not keep his eyes open. Last night really wore him out and the teacher's droning wasn't helping things much either. Just as he began to fall asleep, Tsunami suddenly felt a dull ache in his chest.
 
`What's wrong with me,' Tsunami thought as the pain began to get worse and his breathing became labored, then it hit him. `Oh no, I forgot to take my pills!' The room suddenly began to blur as Tsunami bolted out of his seat and stared to reach into his backpack. `I'm an idiot, I can't believe I forgot.'
 
“Tsunami, what's wrong with you?” Asked the teacher and the students stared at him. Tsunami ignored them and tried to the pills, but the room suddenly spun out of control and the last thing Tsunami recalled were several people calling out to him before everything went black.
 
***
 
D was the first one by Tsunami's side and began to check his pulse and breathing. `His breathing is shallow and his pulse is weak, what the hell is this?' D thought and then turned to the teacher. “Sensei, he's not breathing too well, I think we may need to call an ambulance.” The teacher was about to call an ambulance, when Tsunami let out a moan and he began to breathe again.
 
“What the heck is up with that?” Tai asked no one in particular.
 
“What's he doing now?” Asked Sora, as Tsunami skin began to grow a pale gray and began to moan again. Jun knelt down beside D and put a hand on Tsunami's forehead.
 
“Is he going to be okay?” She asked.
 
“I really don't know.” Answered D.
 
“He may be going into shock.” Offered a student, but D had been in one too many battles in his long life to think it was shock. Before D could do anything else a faint, but sweet coppery aroma hit his nose. D could feel his mouth water and his fangs begin pop out. He quickly covered his mouth with his hand and a quick glance around the room showed Jun, Mimi, Tai, and Izzy doing the same.
 
/Do you guys smell blood?/ Asked D
 
/Yes!/ Said the others.
 
/Nobody's bleeding, where's the smell coming from?/ Asked Mimi and everyone turned and looked at the unconscious boy. D ignored the teacher as he began to unbutton the top six buttons on Tsunami's uniform and pulled shirt back. What was underneath the shirt made several girls in the class scream. Coming through Tsunami's white chest wrap was blood, but what made it so bad was the blood stain in the shape of a five star inverted pentagram. D's eyes burned a deep red behind his sunglasses as he began to angry.
 
“I'm going to go call ambulance.” The teacher said as he began to walk towards the door. “Class president, you're in charge!”
 
“Yes sir!” Said a girl with long black hair and glasses; the teacher nodded and turned around only to see D blocking the way.
 
“D, how did you get over here?” The teacher asked pointing to where Jun was still kneeling. Several students began to murmur amongst themselves as D pushed the teacher back into the room and closed the door. “What's the meaning of this, D?” Asked the teacher, as D took off his sunglasses and blood red eyes stared at him. The teacher gasped and backed away from D.
 
“Everyone look at me.” D said, with a deep voice that no one questioned. Everyone did as told and stared at the pale boy. The class president was about to say something, when D waved his hand in front of the class. “Sleep,” He commanded and everyone, save Jun and the Digidestined lowered their heads and began to lightly snore.
 
“Whoa, he hypnotized them!” Exclaimed Tai.
 
“Really, you think?” Mimi asked sarcastically.
 
“This is Tai we're talking about, he never thinks.” Izzy said jokingly. Tai was about to say something when Jun cut him off.
 
“This really isn't the time, guys. We need to find out what's wrong with Tsunami.”
 
“He's been marked.” D said quietly.
 
“What?” Was the collective reply, but D waved it off.
 
“I'll tell you about when we get to the nurses office, but first.” D turned his attention back to the class. “Sensei, you and the students go back to your seats,” The teacher and students did as they were told and sat back down in their chairs. “Tatsumi just had a little fall and we're taking him to the nurses' office. You won't remember anything about seeing blood or wonder why the six of us had to carry one person to the infirmary. Do I make myself clear?”
 
“We understand.” Said the class and teacher in unison; D nodded his head and opened the door to the class room and motioned for the others to go ahead.
 
“Good. Tai, I want you to carry Tsunami.” Tai nodded and buttoned up Tsunami's shirt before carrying the boy in his arms and walking out the door. The others followed behind him and D turned back to the class as he closed the door. “When I close the door, you will remember nothing except what I've told you.” With that, D closed the door.
 
***
 
Alice Nonomiya hummed to herself as she stared out the window of the infirmary. It was nice to have some peace and quiet after those three boys came into infirmary with black eyes, accusing a new student of beating them up and taking their money. It took everything Alice had not to laugh, because those three were notorious for picking on other children. While Alice wasn't a fan of violence, she hoped that it would teach them not everyone could be bullied. Alice also hoped that the new student wasn't a bully himself.
 
The school nurse was brought out her musings by a knock on the door. “Come in.” She said and the door opened to reveal several students that she knew carrying one student that she didn't know. “What happened to him, D?” Alice asked.
 
“His name is Tatsumi Hibiki and he's been marked.” D answered and Alice raised an eyebrow. “I'm serious!” The boy in Tai's arms moaned and began to shiver; Alice sighed and walked over to a cabinet.
 
“Just keep holding him, while I get a something.” Alice said to Tai, as she began to rummage around in the closet.
 
“Is there anything we can do to help?” Asked Mimi.
 
“Sure, you can get me some wash cloths; fill a basin up with warm water, some peroxide, bandages, and some cotton balls.” Alice said, as she pulled a rubber sheet out of the closet and spread it out over a bed. Mimi got four wash cloths from a cabinet, while Izzy found the peroxide. Sora found a small tub and filled it with warm water, while Jun got the cotton balls off the counter. “Set him on the bed and remove his shirt.” Tai did as she commanded and Alice gasped when she saw the blood shaped star.
 
“Believe me now?” Asked D
 
“It's not that I didn't believe you, I heard the stories, but I've just never seen it before.” Alice leaned over, sniffed the blood, and recoiled at the smell. The nurse covered her nose with her hand. “It really does smell like brimstone.” She said to herself and then she turned to D. “Who did this to him?” D frowned as Alice took a wash cloth, dipped it in the warm water, and placed it on Tsunami's head.
 
“I don't know, but I'm going find out and then I'm gonna make someone bleed!” Growled D as put his hand over Tsunami' and closed his eyes. “I'm going to look over his memories and see what I can find.”
 
“What does it mean to be `marked'?” Asked Jun, “And how bad is it?”
 
“Very bad.” Alice and D said in unison.
 
“D needs to concentrate, so I'll tell you.” Alice said as she put on a pair of rubber gloves and pulled out a pair scissors. “You know how some people hate the way they look; their hair, eyes, skin color, or gender?” The five teens nodded, as Alice began to cut off Tsunami's chest wrap. “Well this is the same thing, except we're talking about what he is, a Were. Someone hated him so much that they basically made him human by stripping him of his birthright.”
 
“How did this happen?” Asked Tai and Alice removed the bloody bandages, causing everyone to gasp.
 
“With this,” Alice whispered, as she tossed the bandages in the trash can next to the bed. The blood coming from Tsunami's chest was from a scar in the shape of an inverted pentagram. Blood oozed from the wound every time Tsunami took a breath.
 
“How does this stop him from being a Were?” Izzy asked, “I know that magic is behind this, but what kind?” Alice took another wash cloth, dipped it in the tub, and began to gently wipe the blood away.
 
“Demonic,” Alice answered as she dipped the wash cloth back in the tub and began to wipe the blood again. “A demon in his body is blocking his natural abilities, by feeding on his blood. That's why he's so pale; the price for suppressing his powers is his blood and that's why he's bleeding and passed out.”
 
“But won't the demon kill him?” Sora asked worried. Alice threw the wash cloth away and turned to Tai and pointed to the red stained tub.
 
“Dump this out and fill it back up with warm water.” Tai did as she said and Alice dipped the third wash cloth in the tub and began to wash the scar again. “No, it won't kill him. The demon needs his blood, so it only takes enough until it needs to feed again. The demon isn't stupid and won't feed when Tatsumi is driving or doing something that might get him killed.”
 
 
“So the demon has a symbiotic relationship with it's' host.” Izzy said and Alice nodded.
 
“Okay, I understand that this is bad and all, but why is this making you guys so upset, besides the obvious reasons?” Tai asked and even D stopped what he was doing to look the young vampire. Tai sweat dropped, put his hand behind his head, and began to laugh nervously. “What I mean is, not everyone who becomes a Were is exactly thrilled about the prospect, so what's wrong with a person wanting to block the change?” Of course everyone remembered how Matt had changed; D sighed and rubbed his temples before he answered.
 
“What makes this so bad is how the mark is created. This boy was strapped to an alter and had the pentagram cut into his chest, then blood was forced down his throat all the while some bastard was summoning the demon.” D paused once he saw that he had everyone's attention. “Do you know that this scar never heals, it's because of the blood that was used? And do you know whose blood it is?” The teens shook their heads.
 
“His mother's,” Alice whispered, causing them to gasp. “Someone killed his mother, drained her, and then forced him to drink his own mother's blood!” Alice was near to tears and so where a couple of the other girls. “Those that willing go along with the ritual are hunted down like the monsters they are and then brought to justice, along with those who did the ritual.”
 
“So you're going to kill, Tsunami!?” Sora asked and D shook his head.
 
“No, I could tell you without even looking into his mind that he didn't go through it willingly, but if I find out who made him go through with it.” D grinned wickedly and pulled his index finger across his neck, making a slicing sound. Everyone shuddered, but understood why he did it.
 
“Man, I didn't know D, I'm sorry.” Tai solemnly and hugged Sora to him. Tai thought about what it would be like if someone had done that to his mother or Sora's for that matter. Not to mention what kind of affect it would have on Sora or Kari. Then he thought about what Tsunami must have gone through and that made Tai's blood boil. `To think, that I acting like such a jerk.' Tai thought to himself.
 
“No one's mad at you, Tai and what you asked was perfectly logical question. Some people can't handle being a supernatural creature, which is why we try so hard to help them with the transition. Remember what you, Sora, and Mimi went through?” D asked and the two vampires and were raven nodded.
 
“When did this happen?” Alice asked as she continued to wash Tsunami's chest.
 
“About a couple of month's ago, they were attacked by a group of vampires and were turned. I heard the commotion and fought off the rouges before they could make off with Mimi and Tai. The rouges got away and then I had to have a long talk with Tai and Mimi and show them what they were.” D explained and Alice nodded her head.
 
“Well what about Izzy?” Alice asked and Izzy began to blush and looked away.
 
“I turned him.” Mimi said with a smile and showed a bit of fang. A/N (Unintentional pun!) Alice smiled.
 
“I see and what about Jun?” Jun smiled and held D's hand.
 
“He turned me and before you ask, Matt is a Werewolf and turned Sora into a Were raven and Kari into a Were cat.”
 
“What kind of Were are you, miss Nonomia?” Asked Sora and Alice smiled as a pair of long white rabbit ears appeared on her head and then disappeared back into her head. “You're a Were rabbit!” Sora exclaimed which surprised everyone. “That's so cool!”
 
“Well thank you; it must be nice being able to fly.” Alice said and Sora shook her head.
 
“It's okay, but I bet you can jump really high!” Everyone stared in amazement as the two continued to talk.
 
`It's nice to see her open up again.' Tai thought and a sudden sigh brought everyone's attention back to Tsunami, whose color was starting to look better.
 
“Finally, the demon stopped feeding.” Alice said as she threw away the wash cloth and pointed to the bucket again. “Dump it out, fill it with warm water and, put some sanitizer in it. It's the bottle next to sink. Tai did what she and Alice began to clean Tsunami's chest. “So what did you find out?” Alice asked D and the vampire sighed and frowned.
 
“Nothing.” Answered D and Alice stopped cleaning.
 
“What do you mean nothing?” Asked the nurse.
 
“What I just said, nothing; he's suffered some kind of head trauma as a young boy and everything up until four years ago is missing.”
 
“Well why don't dig deeper?” Mimi asked and D shook his head.
 
“The mind is a very delicate thing,” D answered. “If I try to force his memories, I could emotionally scar him for life and that would be kind. I might drive him insane or turn him into a vegetable. So it's best to leave his memories alone, until he's ready to face them.”
 
“But what about his father,” Asked Jun. “Wouldn't he or another relative know about him being marked?” D shook his head.
 
“The man who found Tsunami adopted him as a brother and is as much in the dark about what happened to him as we are. But I did find out something interesting though. Tsunami, his brother, and their best friend are all famous street fighters. They've been on a training journey for the past four years and while they were in India, they ran into a medicine man that recognized Tsunami's curse. He showed Tsunami and his brother how to make a medicine that would keep him from passing out and ease his pain, but Tsunami was in such a hurry this morning that he forgot to take it.”
 
Where is the medicine?” Asked Izzy.
 
“In his backpack.” Answered D.
 
“I'll go get it!” Said Tai and zipped out of the room in a flash.
 
“There, almost done.” Alice said and dried off Tsunami's chest with a towel, and then she poured peroxide all over the scar and let it foam up. Then she patted it dry with the cotton balls. “I'm going to put the chest wrap on him now, would you hold him up for me D?” D nodded and held Tsunami up, while Alice began to wrap him up, but stopped when she reached his back and sighed.
 
“What's wrong?” Asked D and Alice pointed to his back.
 
“You better add child abuse to the list; I doubt his brother or any street fight did this to him.” There were scars all over Tsunami's back.
 
“He was caned!” D said angrily as Alice started wrapping again. “Man, if I ever find out who did this…” D said, but trailed off when he heard Tai's footsteps approaching.
 
“I got it!” Tai said as he came through the door and held out a pouch in his hand. D continued to hold Tsunami, just as Alice finished up. After putting her gloves in the trash can and washing her hands, Alice filled a cup up with water and brought it over to the bed. D took out a round green pill and put inside Tsunami's mouth. Alice then poured the water and held Tsunami's mouth and nose closed, forcing him to swallow.
 
“He should be fine now, but he's going to be a little woozy.” Alice said with a sigh after D placed him back on the bed. “Thank you all for helping me, I've never done this before.”
 
“Don't mention it.” D said. “It was our pleasure.” And everyone nodded in agreement.
 
“So what are we going to do about him?” Alice asked.
 
“We're going to tell him everything, but not right now and I'm going to see what I can find out about Tsunami's past.”
 
“We'll help too, D!” Tai said, voicing everyone's thoughts. “I want to get my hands on the people who did this to him!” The other teens nodded.
 
“Yeah, but what's he going to do once he finds out someone killed his mother?” Mimi asked.
 
“We'll cross that road when we get there; I need to talk to some people tonight.” D said and turned to Alice. “Thank you for your help, but I need one more favor.”
 
“What's up?” Alice asked.
 
“Do you have a couple of hypodermic needles; I'm going to need some blood samples from Tsunami.” Said D and Alice went over to a cabinet and Alice returned with two needles. Then she took a cotton ball, poured alcohol over it, rubbed it over Tsunami's wrist. When she finished taking the blood samples, Alice put them in refrigerator.
 
“Just come by and pick them up before you leave.” Alice told D, just as the bell for the next period began to ring.
 
“Jun, I've got some people to meet, do you want to come with me?” D asked his girlfriend.
 
“Sure, I'll just tell mom and dad that we're going on a date.”
 
“Thanks for all of your help, Alice, we really appreciate it.” D says to the nurse.
 
“Anytime and here are some hall passes for next period.” Alice said, reaching into her pocket and handing them six hall passes.
 
“I have one question.” Said Sora, “Is there a way to banish the demon from Tsunami's body?”
 
“Yes, that was one of the things I was going to talk to someone about. The only way to release the demon is for Tsunami to drink the blood a pure Werewolf that will cause the demon to leave his body.” D told her.
 
“Well then what are we waiting for, let's go get us a werewolf and get some blood.” Tai said, as he headed for the door, but Izzy stopped him.
 
“Hold it Tai, we can't just give him the blood and say here drink this.” Tai looked puzzled.
 
“Why not?” Tai asked and Izzy sighed.
 
“Because this probably going to be the most traumatic experience of Tsunami's life. We're going to tell him that he's a werewolf, and that someone killed his mother and made him drink her blood all to keep him from being a were, and then we're going to ask him to drink some more blood to get rid of the demon living in his body!” Explained Izzy and Tai gave him an annoyed look.
 
“Okay, I see what you mean. He's probably going to resist the idea of being a Were, even after we show him and take him to Transformations before he's ready to lift the curse.”
 
“Wow Tai, you actually made sense.” Mimi joked.
 
“There is a reason Tai's the Digidestined of Courage and not the Digidestined of Knowledge.” Sora put in.
 
“Hey!” Shouted Tai, causing everyone to laugh and even Tai joined in. “I guess you have point.” Tai admitted and then turned to the sleeping boy. “Don't worry about thing Tsunami, we're here to help!”
 
“Anyway, we are going to get him back to normal and find the people responsible for this, but right now we need to get to class.” D waved to Alice. “See ya later and I hope to see you tonight at Transformations.” Alice waved goodbye as everyone began to leave the nurses office.
 
“Wouldn't miss it for the world.” Alice said and closed the door after everyone left. She then went over to a cabinet and pulled out packet of powder before placing it in a cup and filling it with water. Then she put in the microwave and began to heat it up. As the cup was being nuked, Alice walked over to Tsunami and placed a caring hand on his forehead. “You poor thing, I don't know what kind of monsters did this to you, but we will find them and we'll take them down.” Tsunami stirred a bit, but continued to sleep. “You may not accept what you are right now, but in time you will. Know that you not lost and that you are no longer alone.”
 
***
 
Tsunami's brother wearily opened the door to the dojo and staggered in a few steps before falling face first on the padded floor. He stayed there, gasping for breath having run all the way from home trying to flee Jimmy. Jimmy never caught him, but was tired by the time he got to the dojo. Hearing the door open, Tsunami's brother slightly turned his head to see Jimmy standing in the doorway. The man beast was breathing and sweating heavily as he stared at the older Hibiki. Jimmy grinned and began to slowly walk towards his fallen friend.
 
“Got you now…Hibiki.” Jimmy panted before falling down next to his friend. “Just as soon as I catch my breath.”
 
“Give it a rest Jimmy,” The older Hibiki wheezed between breaths. “You're just as tired as me.”
 
“At least we don't have to warm up now.” Jimmy said jokingly and the older Hibiki nodded.
 
 
***
 
 
“Where am I?” Tsunami asked himself. “It's dark, I can't see! Somebody help me!” He screamed as he ran blindly through the darkness. Suddenly, the darkness was pulled back and formed into a large shadow of a man with red eyes. Afraid, Tsunami ran from the shadow, but it caught up with him and opened its mouth. Tsunami's lungs felt like they were on fire, but he kept running knowing that if he looked back the shadows would have him. Suddenly he was swallowed by the shadows and was surrounded by cold and darkness once more.
 
The scars on his back and chest burned like fire as he continued to fall when he saw a faint light in the distance that grew brighter and brighter as it neared him. When the light got close to him it took the shape of a woman with long red hair. The woman wrapped her arms around Tsunami and held him close to her. The pain in Tsunami's body was replaced with warmth and peace as she held him. Suddenly they stopped falling and even though there was still darkness, cherry blossoms began to fall around them.
 
`I know this woman.' Tsunami thought to himself as he held on to her. `She smells like cherry blossoms.' He tried to look at her face, but it was hidden by her hair. “Who are you?” Tsunami asked and the woman smiled at him. She spoke one word, but no sound came out. “What, I can't hear you?”
 
“Tsunami?” Asked a voice, but he tried to block it out. “Tsunami?” The voice asked again and the woman began to fade. She was leaving.
 
“Don't go!” Tsunami shouted as she began to vanish. “Please, tell me your name!”
 
“TSUNAMI!” Shouted someone and the darkness was replaced by glaring light. Tsunami weakly sat up and tried to get his bearings. He was in a white room that smelled faintly of medicine. A woman was hovering over him a worried look on her face. She was pretty, with raven black hair and pink eyes. The woman wore a white nurse's uniform that hugged her body nicely.
 
The woman smiled a bit and put something bright in his eyes. He tried to move it, but she held his hands. “Relax,” The woman said in a soothing voice. “I'm just checking your eyes; follow the light with your eyes.” Tsunami did as she asked and the light flashed off and Tsunami rubbed his eyes.
 
“There, all done.” Tsunami noticed that his eyes were wet and he looked questioningly at the woman. “You were crying and calling out some ones name in your sleep so I tried waking you up.” The woman answered and then handed him a mug. “Drink this tea; it will help you recover your strength.” Tsunami took the mug and sipped tea.
 
“So, I'm in the infirmary at school?” Tsunami asked and the woman nodded her head. “What happened to me and what's your name; mine's Tatsumi Hibiki by the way, but you can call me Tsunami.” Tsunami held out his hand and the woman shook it.
 
“I'm the school nurse, Alice Nonomiya it's nice to meet you.” The woman replied and then her tone became more serious. “Now as to what happened to you, you passed out in class and were carried here by some students.” Realization passed over Tsunami as he noticed that he wasn't wearing his shirt. He patted the wrap on his body his hand and the nurse grabbed it. “Don't worry, I cleaned up the blood and put a fresh wrap on your wound. Then we gave you one of those pills in your backpack.” Alice pointed to the backpack next to the bed and Tsunami became nervous.
 
“Um, about what happened here, could you keep it to yourself? I don't want my brother to find out how careless I was.”
 
“Don't worry, I won't say a word, but you need to be more careful.” Alice told the boy and he narrowed his eyes as he realized something.
 
“How did you know about my condition and the medicine?” Tsunami asked Alice and she regarded him calmly.
 
“I've heard about it before, but I've never seen it…until now.” Alice answered. “I do have something I want to ask you though, who put those scars on your back and chest?” Tsunami sighed and rested his chin on his chest. “It wasn't your brother was it?” Tsunami's head snapped up.
 
“NO!” He shouted, “My brother never hurt me! I've had these since before I met my brother and I don't know who did this to me!” Tears of anger were starting to form in his eyes. “I'm not really his brother by blood; he found me and adopted me. I don't remember anything that happened before then, but he's never hurt me and has always been like a real brother.” Alice rested a hand on his shoulder and gave it a squeeze.
 
“I'm sorry; I didn't mean to upset you like that. I'm just trying to help. But why don't you want your brother to find out?” Alice asked.
 
“Because he worries too much,” Tsunami answered. “I take the medicine to ease the pain and to keep from bleeding, but it's just too many questions to answer if someone finds out.” Alice nodded.
 
“You've probably already heard this, but keep the scar to yourself. If certain people were to find out it might mean trouble for you.”
 
“I understand I just wish there was a cure for it.” Tsunami said. Alice debated what she should tell him and sighed.
 
“Tsunami, what I'm about to tell you stays here. You won't tell your brother or anyone else for that matter. And please try to keep an open mind, ok?” Tsunami sipped the tea and nodded. “Good, there is a cure.” Tsunami's eyes lit up, but before he could say anything, Alice cut him off. “But it will take a week in order to get here.” Sensing the next and obvious question, Alice continued. “Now the reason I told you not to tell your brother is because it has to do with what you really are. You feel like you know me, don't you?” Tsunami nodded and Alice smiled. “That's because you're just like me and just like Sora. I know you're a street fighter, so if you were to look at my aura it would be green instead of blue.” Tsunami's eyes went out of focus and then held a look of surprise.
 
“You're right; it's green just like that girls.” Then a thought hit him. “But why are those other kid's auras red and how come that other kid could read my mind?” Alice scratched the back of her head and laughed a little.
 
“They're…slightly different from us, but still just the same. D probably said that he was going to explain some things to you, right?” Tsunami nodded. “I thought so, but I bet you're hungry right now and you've recovered so you can go once you've finished your tea. Lunch is about to start so get going and don't worry about a thing. You've got a lot of people looking out for you and by the end of the week your whole view of the world will be changed.”
 
“I don't know why I can't tell my brothers though, Jimmy is a Man-Beast and we are pretty close.” Alice thought for a minute and then answered.
 
“I won't stop you from telling him, I just ask that you wait until you get all the answers you need. Not everyone can handle the truth.” Tsunami finished the tea and handed it back to Alice, and then he got out of bed and stretched before buttoning his shirt back on and hefting his backpack over his shoulder. Alice pulled a hall pass out of her pocket and handed it to him. “I know that you're excited, but remember. Keep this to yourself until you know everything.” Tsunami nodded and headed out the door, but stopped and turned back to Alice.
 
“Miss Nonomiya,” Alice looked at Tsunami. “What are we?” Alice smiled.
 
“We're people.” She answered.
***
 
 
Tsunami sighed as he headed out the door of the school and over by the big cherry tree near the gym. He inhaled the sweet scent of cherry blossoms and recalled the dream he had in the infirmary. “Where do I know that woman from?” Tsunami asked himself and placed his hand where she caressed his cheek. “Could she be…my mother?” Tsunami's thoughts were interrupted by D's voice.
 
“Tsunami, over here!” D shouted and waved; he was sitting next to the tree along with the other kids from his class and some others who he'd never seen before all eating their lunches. Tsunami hesitated for a minute before the others beckoned him over as well. “What were you waiting for, an invitation?” D asked and patted the ground next to him. “Take a seat; I want you to meet some friends of mine.” Tsunami continued to staring at D and the other teens. “What?” Asked D and Tsunami bowed.
 
“Thank you for helping me earlier.” Tsunami said, sitting down and taking his lunch bag out of his backpack.
 
“It's no problem, that's what I'm here for.” Said D with a smile.
 
“What happened to him?” Asked a hazel eyed girl with black and brown hair streaked with white.
 
“Nothing,” D said with a wave. “He just got dizzy and I helped him to the infirmary. The girl looked at them all and nodded.
 
“Oh,” The girl said quietly and began to eat her lunch.
 
“I want you to meet my friends,” D said, gesturing to the group around him. “Jun, Tai, Izzy, Mimi, Ken, Yolei, Sora, Kari, T.K., Davis, Cody, Noriko, and- sorry, I don't know your name.” D said to the girl who just asked him a question.
 
“My name is Taiko Kisaragi and I just started here today.” After swallowing her food, “It's nice to meet you all.” D stared at the girl for a minute when she asked, “What?” D shook his head.
 
“Oh, it's nothing; nice to meet you too!” Said D, `That's strange, I couldn't read her thoughts; she must be very strong willed.' D thought and then picked up Davis's thoughts of the new girl and smiled. `Well look at that, I didn't think he'd ever get out of his funk.' D turned back to Tsunami. “Everyone who hasn't met him, this is Tatsumi Hibiki, but call him Tsunami and he just started here today too.” Everyone introduced themselves to Tsunami and he to them.
 
“So you street fight, isn't that kind of dangerous?” Asked Kari, while she fed T.K. some of her lunch, Tsunami nodded and pulled a plastic container out of his lunch bag.
 
“Yeah, but me and my brothers are pretty strong, so we don't really have to worry about anything.” Tsunami said as he began to open his container. “Wait a minute! Tai, Sora, Izzy, Mimi, T.K., Davis, Kari, Yolei, Cody, and Ken?” Tsunami pointed and questioned each of them and they nodded. “I know you guys, you're the Digidestined!” Tsunami all but shouted. “I'm a real big fan of you guys!” Davis who was looking at Taiko snapped out of his dream and smiled that stupid smile of his.
 
“Well of course, we're heroes after all.” Davis said proudly, “We did save the world from Myotismon after all.”
 
“Wow, I'm sitting with THE Digidestined!” Tsunami said with stars in his eyes. “Somebody pinch me! Ouch! What was that for?” Tsunami said to Taiko while rubbing his arm.
 
“You said to pinch you, so I did.” Taiko said with a little smile before turning to Davis. “I would imagine that being a Digidestined isn't all it's cracked up to be.” Tsunami nodded.
 
“Yeah, how can you sit here with us and act like it's no big deal, I saw the parade that they threw for you guys and everything.” Tsunami asked everyone stopped eating and looked at the two new kids.
 
“I guess the reason we act like it's no big deal is because it isn't.” Said Tai, “We're really no different than from when we left. Except for maybe being a little bit wiser and stronger.” All the Digidestined nodded in agreement.
 
“Wait a minute, where's Matt Ishida?” Tsunami asked and everyone got quiet…again. “What?”
 
“Gennai sent Matt out on a mission and he hasn't come back yet.” Lied Tai, “Don't worry though, Matt sends us letters and he should be back soon.”
 
“Well why haven't you guys gone to help him?” Taiko asked curiously.
 
“Because of a prophecy that says only the bearer of the crest of Friendship can defeat the Heartless or something like that.” Everyone was shocked and relieved that Tai could make up a lie like that. The truth of the matter was that Matt had ran away after attacking Sora, Kari, and other people at Transformations after losing control of himself.
 
To keep family members and the media from being too nosey, the Digidestined came up with a story saying that he was sent on a mission that only he could complete. “We'll tell you guys more when we have enough time. But for now, let's eat!” Tai said and took a big bite out of his sandwich and everyone laughed, lightening the mood.
 
During lunch that day Tsunami made new friends. Having moved from place to place with his brothers, Tsunami never really had the time make friends, with the exception of other street fighters. Despite all the questions that were running through his head, Tsunami felt that he could trust D and the others. D seemed to have a wisdom that beguiled his age; while Mimi talked Taiko to death about her multi colored hair which Taiko assured was completely natural. All the while, Davis was continued to eat and stare at Taiko, taking in every detail about her. D, Jun, and the others noticed this and D also picked on the thoughts of T.K., Kari, Yolei, and Ken.
 
/Alright guys, what's going on?/ D asked the four younger chosen telepathically. The teens explained what they were planning on doing and D nodded. /It's risky, so be careful. If you do this wrong, Davis may never recover or forgive you guys and that means I'll have to keep my promise to Davis./
 
/We know the risk and we know he's still hurting, so that's why we're doing trying to set them up./ Kari told D, /What do you know about her D, does she like Davis?/ Kari asked hopefully.
 
/I don't know,/ D said honestly. /Her mind is really strong so I can't read it, I know she doesn't dislike Davis, but it's too early to tell right now./ Jun raised an eyebrow.
 
/You can't read her mind?/ She asked and D shrugged.
 
/Hey, some people's minds are stronger than others./ Before the debate could continue, Cody brought up the topic of street fighting again.
 
“What a minute didn't you and two others win the Capcom vs SNK tournament a few months ago?” Asked the youngest chosen and Tsunami nodded as he opened up the plastic container full of salad.
 
“Yeah, that one was really hard, I didn't think we'd live after Akuma transformed like that.” Tsunami admitted and grinned. “He beat the hell out of us, but you know what? I wasn't scared of dying; I just wanted to keep on fighting.” Everyone looked at him as if he'd gone insane.
 
“Be careful what you wish for, you might run into a fighter like Akuma again and you might not be so lucky next time.” D said and Tsunami just smiled.
 
“How do you know I don't want that?” Asked Tsunami as his eyes took on a dangerous gleam. “A fight with the very best, where two warriors hold nothing back and push themselves beyond the limits and fight for no other reason except for the fight; I hope I run into Akuma again when I become much stronger!” Everyone around Tsunami shuddered a bit.
 
“Wait, I do know you!” Exclaimed Cody, “You're Tatsumi Hibiki and that means your brother is…is…” Cody stopped talking and just stared at Tsunami. Tsunami looked at the others and they were staring at him too.
 
“What is it, why's everyone looking at me like that?” Tsunami asked and everyone pointed to his salad.
 
“There's something moving in your salad.” D told Tsunami, and he looked down at his salad only to see it moving. He frowned and moved some lettuce out of the way.
 
“Nyaa!!!” Said Tsunami's salad.
 
“WHAT THE HELL!!!!” Shouted Tsunami.
 
***
 
 
“Thanks, we'll see you in a few hours!” Said the elder Hibiki as his latest customer left. “Not bad, we already have five people who want to learn are style; it almost makes up for the first twenty customers that you scared off.” Jimmy looked at his best friend and flipped him the bird before he returned back to his sweeping.
 
“Not my fault I look the way I do.” Jimmy muttered.
 
“I know I'm just messing with you. Five is better than none and I'll bet we'll have more customers in no time!” Before he could continue, the bell over the door jingled and two men entered the dojo. “Welcome to the…” The elder Hibiki and his best friend said as one, but trailed off when they saw who the men were. Both men stood at 5ft7, but that was it. One man was Japanese and had short brown hair, wore blue jean pants, a white t-shirt, and old white tennis shoes. The other man was an American and had blonde hair pulled back in a long pony tail tied by a red ribbon, brown eyes, and wore a casual brown suit and black shoes. In the American's right hand was a bouquet of roses, which he tossed to the elder Hibiki.
 
“Hey Mr. Big shot street fighter, Eliza told me to give these to you and to say congratulations.”
 
“I don't believe it,” Said Jimmy, as his best friend just stood there with the flowers in his hand and then he grinned.
 
“Ryu and Ken, welcome to our dojo!”
 
 
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
 
Hyperman: It's finished, oh thank God!
 
Lady Devimon: You still have to update.
 
Hyperman: NOOOOOOOO! It took too long already, what with the writer's block and the 12hr shifts over at work!!!
 
Lady Devimon: You got over the writer's block, you're back to 8hrs, and you're just plain lazy!
 
Hyperman: True, but at least I'm finished.
 
Lady Devimon: Did anyone guess Tsunami's brother is yet? Hyperman left more clues this time and if you guess who he is you get the prize. BUT ONLY IF YOU PUT YOUR ANSWER IN AN E-MAIL!!!! IF YOU PUT IT IN A REVIEW THE REVIEW WILL BE DELETED!!!!!
 
Hyperman: I know this chapter was long, but I wanted flesh things out more, expect some action next time chapter and we get to see some new powers of D, who was created by Digi Ranma by the way. And just a reminder, the concept of the Supernatural Chosen was also thought up by Digi Ranma and was used with his permission. The digimon will show up in later chapters. Raven and maybe even Tsunami will see some action next chapter as well.
 
Lady Devimon: Speaking of Digimon, when Am I showing up?
 
Hyperman: Well that's all the time we have, drop a review and tell me what you think I can do to make this and my other stories better! Constructive criticism please, you flame me and I'll use it to burn my fire wood. The party's over people go home!
 
Lady Devimon: What about my question?!!!