Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ Me and You ❯ Me and You ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yuuki Cross stumbled on a loose tree root.
"Crap", she muttered under her breath.
Checking her leg for any wounds, she decided to sit on the moist ground.

'I should have waited till morning', she thought as she let out a tired yawn.
Then she slapped her cheeks, "no! what am I thinking?", she asked herself, "this is for Zero...ZERO, the guy that means the world to me...I...I have to get him back."

Reaching into her shirt pocket she pulled out a photo of her and Zero.
As usual he wasn't smiling. Yuuki giggled.
Even with that cold, indifferent face of his, she still...loved him a lot.

Suddenly, she heard some rustling in the bushes.
Without warning, two little bodies popped out.
"hiya!" the taller little girl said, "I'm Larissa and this is Freia", she pointed to the small girl beside her.

"I'm Yuuki", Yuuki replied with a kind smile, at the same time wondering why two little girls were out at night.
"Miss", said little Freia, "you should get out of here, it's dangerous!"
Yuuki gave them a puzzled look.
"What she means is", Larissa began, "there are lycans here, or what humans call werewolves, but if you wanna be vague, you can call em shifters."

Yuuki stared at the two little girls. "Aren't you afraid?", she finally asked.
Freia gave her a grin, "we're dhampirs silly, they won't eat us!"

Yuuki's confusion must have shown in her face, becuase Larissa suddenly said, "dhampirs are half-human, half-vampire."
Yuuki laughed. She should have known these children wandering in the night weren't human.
"Sooo...this is kinda fast, but would you two like to travel with me?", Yuuki asked them.

The girls looked at each other for a minute, before looking back at Yuuki and nodding excitedly.
As Yuuki stood up and began to walk, they followed her.

Larissa stopped walking for a minute and looked at her sister. "Ne, she looks a lot like aunty Lynn doesn't she?", she told Freia.
The small girl nodded, "uh huh, but aunty died about 13 years ago, around the time cousin Jae disappeared."
Shrugging, they both stopped talking and ran to catch up to Yuuki.

Intertwined Destiny- end