Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ Pure Instincts ❯ Awakening ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey everyone~! I know, I know, I need to update on Facing the Music, but I'm on a writer's block for it (ughhh~~!!!) But I realllyyyy like how this idea just popped up on me one day. I just finished reading chapter 40 of the manga Vampire Knight and I absolutely LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!! It's amazing... and I have to admit, I like it better than Inu Yasha (please don't hurt me~). So I thought I'd write a fanfic on it xDD This is my version of the latest chapter that's out Chapter 40. This is my version of what happens next xDD Can't wait for the next chapter!!! Hope you guys like this plot!!! Enjoy!! And review!!! I really like critiquing!!
WARNING~~~!!!! - THIS STORY CONTAINS MAJORRRRRRRR SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO ARE JUST WATCHING THE ANIME AND NOT READING A MANGA!!! I REPEAT!!! THIS STORY CONTAINS MAJORRRRR SPOILERS!!! SO IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE MANGA YET, I SUGGEST YOU READ THE MANGA FIRST!!! IT'S SOOOOOOO GOOODDDD!!! LOL. SO I SUGGEST YOU EITHER READ THE MANGA FIRST OR IF YOU WANT IT TO BE A SURPRISE FOR THE ANIME THEN PLEASEEE DON'T RUIN IT FOR YOURSELF BY READING THIS STORY AND YELLING AT ME FOR FINDING OUT A SPOILER ON HERE!!!! Hope you enjoy!!!
Summary - Kuran Yuki has finally awakened. It is now her time to rule as a pureblood and by the side of her fiancé, Kuran Kaname. However, things don't go as smoothly as planned...
Disclaimer - THIS ENTIRE CHAPTER IS FROM THE MANGA!!!! Well... not the last part. So if you've already read the manga then you can skip this... BUT JUST READ THE LAST PART!!! IT'S IMPORTANT FOR THE PLOTLINE!!! So I would like to say that I don't own (really wish I did) Vampire Knight or its character (T.T). But I'm really happy that I LOVE IT SO MUCH lol. Okay enjoy!
Pure Instincts
By: Krea.T/InuXNoXYoukai
Chapter one - Awakening
It's cold... but... somehow warm...
I felt the sickening feel of warmth sliding down the side of my neck as I lay on the brink of consciousness. Everything was a haze before my eyes as I slowly begin to notice the world around me.
I feel a heavy pressure on my chest but a throbbing pain has elicited itself onto my neck. It kept growing bigger and bigger until I can barely stand it anymore. My heart feels like it's going to burst out of my chest as my eyes snap open completely and everything comes into view.
Someone... is... sucking my blood. Zero?
I look down and try and confirm the silver color of his hair but I am met with the soft tresses of an oaken color, only adding fuel to my surprise and panic.
A hungry sucking sound echoes through my ears as I feel my life blood pass through my body to his lips.
“Ah...”
No...
I start to struggle as my limbs begin to cooperate with me once again. The panic builds up as I try to remember what had happened before the darkness had enveloped me.
“Kana... senpa”
I tremblingly reach a hand up and attach it to his delicate head of hair to try and stop this madness, but it is no use. He's too strong.
His large hand that was recently holding my shoulders travels further to the other side of my head and clamps itself around my mouth.
“Hm.”
I try to make a sound but it ends up being compressed through his hand. I close my eyes as the pain increases along with his drinking. My hand weakly tugs at his hair once again to try to get him to stop but he continues unaffected.
“Hm --------------!!”
Kaname-senpai...!!
My strength starts to drain as my eyelids suddenly feel heavy. Trying to fight the instinct to sleep, I strive to focus on getting Kaname-senpai to stop. But I could not fight anymore as my limbs go limp and my eyes close on its own accord.
My neck is overflowing with—
“...Uh,” I groan.
Then I feel it.
Wh...at? What's happening...?
My body starts to convulse as I try to reach out for something... anything to rescue me. I feel like my body is breaking into a million shards of glass and there's nothing I can do to stop it, as tears pool into my eyes.
 
It's complete.
I pull my fangs away from Yuuki's delicate neck as her body goes limp in my arms.
Wiping the last remnants of her precious blood that is seeping down the corner of my mouth, I notice in the corner of her eyes a small pool of tears have collected. Gently using the pad of my thumb to brush them away, I caress her cheek softly as I whisper to her.
“Yuuki... somehow or the other... you're the only one...”
Bringing my wrist up to my teeth, I bare my fangs and puncture my skin as the blissful liquid enters my mouth. Taking in as much blood as my mouth can hold, I lower my tainted lips to hers and gently kiss her soft lips. Sharing the blood in me to repay to her the blood I took.
Feeling her begin to stir, I press her lips harder to mine as my other hand cups her chin.
“Kaname-se...” She stutters against my lips.
 
“...mm,” He replied to my questioning.
Suddenly the tangy taste of iron fills my mouth as some drips down my chin.
Blood?!
I had no choice but to swallow the substance as Kaname-senpai separates our lips from each other. Wiping a trail of blood from the corner of my mouth he asks me.
“Have you awakened...? Yuuki...”
A quivering hand slowly makes its way towards his beautiful face.
“Do you know who I am...?”
He leans into my touch as gently cup his cheek and can no longer contain the tears that burst from my eyes. I lift myself up and take his face in both my hands.
“My...”
A sudden movement out of the corner of my eye stops me short. Looking up, my eyes grew wide in shock.
Clutching Bloody Rose tightly in his hand, there stood Kiryuu Zero.
“... I knew it was Yuuki's blood... I recognised the smell... then...”
“...Ze...ro...”
His teeth clenched together as his eyes turned blood red.
Oh no...
“The presence of two vampires! Kuran!” Swiftly pointing Bloody Rose to Kaname, I saw his finger twitch on the trigger and reacted immediately.
“Stop it Zero!”
Using my body as a shield, I stepped in front of Kaname and spread my arms out wide.
“Kaname-senpai is my.... my.... brother.”
I saw him fault. The way his eyes widened and his hands tremble, the thing that was ripping me apart was that I was causing this.
“Sorry... I'm so sorry.” I could only whisper as my head tilted down to let my bangs cover my eyes.
“My mother was, Kuran Juri, and my father was, Kuran Haruka. We were all happy and a big family... but i was to be kept a secret for my own safety. Then one day, a man came to try to take me away. My father risked his life trying to protect me and my mother sacrificed herself to let me become a human and live in safety for my younger life. The next thing I remembered was waking up in the middle of that snow field in the winter and Kaname-onii-sama saved my life...”
I could feel my body beginning to shut down as my vision started to blur.
“I'm sorry... Zero.”
 
Kaname quickly moved forward to catch Yuuki in his arms.
“...Sib....lings,” Zero whispered the word in astonishment.
A smirk escaped Kaname's lips as he looked up at Zero.
“I would have been happier... if I was born as her real older brother.”
Zero once again faulted.
“Your face tells me that you don't believe what Yuuki has told you.”
“Yuuki called you her brother, but you just denied it. What's the truth?”
“There's no question that Yuuki is Kuran's daughter, but at the same time you are on the side of the hunters who try to hunt us down.”
With that last sentence, Kaname jumped down from the building with Yuuki in his arms, leaving Zero on his own.
 
Feel's hot... my body.
So thirsty.... thirsty...
I lifted a hand to claw at my neck to try and relieve that thirst, but a gentle hand halted my assault.
“Yuuki. You don't have to hold back anymore.”
My eyes snapped open and everything in my vision was red. When everything turned back to normal, I looked up and saw Kaname standing over me, but my eyes went directly to his neck.
Quickly getting up with only one goal in mind, my voice utters on its own.
“Kaname-senpai... I am...” I could not speak anymore as the thirst takes over.
“It's okay, I know what you want to do.”
Placing my mouth to his neck I tentatively lick the skin there while pushing him down onto the bed.
I want it... I only want this man's blood.
I felt his hand gently place itself on my head, while the other arm wrapped itself around my waist.
“Yuuki... sorry... I brought you back from this bloody curse.”
Then, I bit down.
The blood felt like heaven as it filled my mouth. I greedily gulped it all down and sucked on his neck for more.
“Ugh... yes... that's it.” I heard him encourage.
What have I become?
The tears once again burst from my eyes as my thirst slowly dissipated.
“Yuuki. Don't cry...”
An image filled my head of the sharp teeth and frightful head of a monster. I immediately stopped drinking as my eyes snapped open and I lifted my head to look into Kaname's eyes.
“See... anything strange?” He asked.
“Yes... something very scary.”
I hugged myself as I remembered my parents. They were trying to protect me and ended up costing their lives.
Without knowing, I must have spoken out loud because Kaname's warm arms enveloped me into a tight hug.
“Don't, just calm down.”
I felt true hatred for the monsters who did this to my parents and ignored Kaname's words as I allowed myself one slip of release.
The cracking sound of the windows and the crashing of the glass awoke me from my daze.
Turning around, I was horrified to find that the windows had all broke and there were shards of glass everywhere on the floors.
“Don't question your existence Yuuki. Ten years... looking after Yuuki for them... watching you forget everything...”
“Kaname-sen... onii...sama.”
I turned back around to face him and clutched onto his shirt and gave him a sad smile.
“There must be something wrong with me...”
“Why?”
“Because for all this time, I've been in love with my brother.”
I closed my eyes and let the impact of that statement hit me. I felt him pull me closer and hook his figer around my chin to tilt my head up to him.
“And...? What is wrong with that?”
My eyes snapped open at his words.
What's... wrong...??
“...But.”
I shivered as his tongue gently swiped across my chin.
“I've been a human for all this time...”
“So...? We are fiancée's. Your parents were siblings as well and we will be just like them.”
“But... this kind of thing... Is something only beasts would do.”
“That's right Yuuki. We are not human.”
I could feel his worry of my rejection pass through his eyes. Ready to comfort him and wash away his worries a stab of air passed through the window.
“Wh...at... is this,” sniff “smell?”
Then realization hit me.
“Blood.”
“That's right Yuuki. Embrace this smell of blood and allow it to relax you.”
He released me from his embrace and walked towards the door.
Giving me one warning to stay in the room, he left and closed the door behind him.
I immediately ran to the window.
“It calms me... that this smell... is not Zero's blood. Even though I no longer have a right to be worried. Still...”
Making my decision, I quickly for up and jumped out the window. Landing soundlessly onto the pavement underneath, I was quickly surrounded by two night class students, Aidou and Kain.
“Kurosu Yuuki... I mean... Kuran Yuuki-sama.” The sound of my new name still made me feel uneasy.
“Kaname-sama specifically gave us orders not to let you leave the room.” Aidou spoke.
“Please return to your roo—,” I glanced at Aidou as he spoke, silencing him.
“Please get out of my way. There is a place I must go.”
Aidou obediently moved and allowed me passage.
“However, if you don't want to get in trouble with Kaname-senpai then you can follow me to the day class' dorm.”
With that statement, I quickly walked ahead with an objective in mind.
 
The click of the gun still echoes in my head.
Would Zero really have shot me if I had walked through that door? Though... I guess I don't blame him. I'm now a pureblood...Just like Hiou Shizuka...
The amount of pain that accompanied this thought came as a surprise to me as I clenched the place where my heart was.
Zero... I'm so sorry...
 
“Master... what did you come for? To give me a lecture?”
“There is.... one other pure blood whose whereabouts have been missing, other than Hiou Shizuka... I was investigating some leads and they led me here... However, when I was traveling, I was given an order from the association... to... restrain the fragment of the Kiryuu twin, Zero.
 
The door of the prison cage slammed shut with a loud resonating echo.
Zero sat in the opposite end of the door as Yagari locked it.
“You are so obedient. At least resist a little would ya?” Yagari sighed as his reply was the whistle of the wind.
“This is for your own good, Zero. I will leave your gun at the door here...”
Leaving Zero to his own thoughts, Yagari continued his search for this other pureblood.
 
“...Zero.”
Zero's head snapped up in reaction to the voice.
“Kuran.” He sneered.
“I'm surprised that you are not crying.”
“Go away. You're thoughts mean nothing to me.”
“The chess piece I so carefully raised for four years will soon become the king and eat everything... You are that chess piece Zero and you will destroy Rido.”
“Why don't you do it yourself?”
“Have you not noticed Zero? The power stirring inside you has begun to leak. From the power that you stole from your twin brother of breaking the fragment, then you gain more power from becoming a vampire due to Shizuka, also the many times you drank Yuuki's own blood and lest you forget, the blood from me, who has taken the blood and power of Shizuka. You, Kiryuu Zero, will become the most powerful hunter. You are the only person who is able to break Rido's curse on me.”
“Did you actually think that I would do this for you?” Zero's violet eyes gleamed hatefully at the pureblood.
“You will never betray Yuuki, Zero. I will take her and leave this academy for as long as Rido's existence is prolonged he will do everything in his power to have Yuuki. Farewell... Kiryuu Zero.”
Once again, Zero was left alone to his thoughts.
Yuuki...
“You will never betray Yuuki.”
Never... will I betray Yuuki.
“He will do everything in his power to have Yuuki.”
No...
Zero sensed the presence of another coming...
“Ichiru.”
His twin brother slowly approached the cage. Looking down at Zero, he kept eye contact as he lowered into a crouch and picked up Bloody Rose from the ground.
“Zero.”
The echo of the shot resonated off into the night.
“Ah! This brightness.”
Yuuki quickly covered her eyes with her hand as she walked directly into the sunlight.
Before... I had no problem with the sun... Now it feels like it could burn through me...
“Yuuki-sama. The sun is coming up. I suggest we go back to Kaname-sama's room and wait for him there.” Kain offered as he followed his mistress.
“Yes... I think you're right.”
I do not deerve to be loved.
Ichiru easily opened the prison gate and approached the slumped form of his brother.
“Zero, being captured in here and behaving so well... just like before, you've never stopped punishing yourself. Or... are you trying to atone? You didn't actually think this would make me feel better did you? Brother.”
Ichiru knelt before his twin and tilted his chin towards him.
“Ichiru. That night, when I saw you smiling... how could you smile about mom and dad's death?”
Zero tightly gripped his brother's arms as they tried to squeeze his shoulders.
“You are still pretty energized. But after that gunshot, a vampire who was previously a human couldn't survive.”
Zero felt the pain spreading from the gunshot wound and tightly dgrasped his brother's hand.
“Ah! It's quite painful isn't it? Became a vampire although you are stronger than before ... you are not complete.”
“Ichiru, have you gone insane?”
“Not really... I am merely anticipating death.”
That's when Zero saw it. Going along an entire side of Ichiru's waist were four long and deep gashes that were still flowing blood.
“May I ask, why are you injured so badly?”
“ I only wanted to make Shizuka-sama's wish come true and to do that I needed to kill the one who changed the list... Kuran Rido. Although, I used my power to its limit, but did not harm him in the slightest... he easily swiped at me and left.”
Zero could hear his voice slowly lose its meaning and become weary and weak before Ichiru slumped towards his brother.
“Ichiru?”
Zero caught his brother, who was breaking out in cold sweat, and hugged him tightly to himself.
“Hugging you like this really calms me down. Zero... my last piece of life... take it in to yourself.”
Zero's grip on his brother tightened when hearing these words.
“Do you know what I am saying? You would be able to take back the strength that belonged to you before we were born... and the thing inside your body can be treated too.”
“No... I won't.”
“You will. Why else do you think I would shoot you with this gun?”
“Stop it! I don't want to lose anything else anymore!”
A sad smile slowly spread across Ichiru's face.
“I'm so glad... I thought I was dead in Zero's heart. Eat me, Zero. Let me become a part of you.”
“Zero and I... will... become as... one.”
Ichiru's eyes fluttered shut and his entire body slumped against Zero.
Brother... Please forgive me.
Holding back his thirst no longer, he bared his fangs and quickly sunk them into his brother's flesh.
Yuuki, Kain and Aidou were restlessly waiting in the room when the door slammed open.
Everyone's head reacted quickly to sound to find Kaname standing in its midst.
“Yuuki... Let's go.”
Getting up slowly, he wiped the last remnants of blood from his mouth and released the corpse to watch it turn into a pile of dust before his eyes.
Feeling the overwhelming amount of power in his body, he made his way out of the cage towards the outside world.
The shadow of his form showing a giant beast with sharp claws and teeth.
“Yuuki.”
Kaname called out as they reached the gate of the school.
Taking one last look at the place she grew up she turned back to Kaname...
When the wind blew her way, taking a strong scent with it.
Stopping dead in her tracks, Yuuki looked up and quickly turned back to the direction of the school.
“Blood?” Kaname softly questioned.
The strong throbbing of her heart answered her silent question.
“Zero...”
She immediately dropped all her belongings and ran back towards the school... towards the scent of Zero's blood.
Well.... there it is~!!! The first chapter!! Woot~ Woot~! I wanted it to be a lot like a prologue and just introduce where the story was going to start from the actual manga itself. It's chapter 35 page 10. So I would like to say that I copied most of the manga words directly onto here, improvised some things, and the last part with Yuuki was my own doing to begin the plot of my story. Hope you enjoyed it!! I know this was a boring first starting chapter, but I wanted you all to know where I want it to start xDD
Please review and tell me what I can do to make it better and what you think is going to happen (*^-^*)
Ja ne,
Kuru-chan.