Vampire Princess Miyu Fan Fiction ❯ Read the Signs ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----
List of Characters:

Miyu - Moves to a little town where she finds a strange book. She reads it and appears inside it as the main female character.

Larva - A person Miyu meets in the Book that she begins to…er...like.

Diana - Miyu's friend from college who follows her everywhere. She also appears in the Book as the main female character's companion and best friend.

Jacqueline - A character Miyu, Diana, and Sara encounter in the Book who is in love with Larva, she is obsessed with him and soon becomes Miyu's enemy

Garline - Larva's friend; Diana falls in love with him though she's not sure if he feels the same.

Chisato - Enemy to Jacqueline, she stalks Larva and is possibly equally as obsessed with him as Jacqueline is.

Sara - A friend of Miyu's and Diana's from college who also follows into the Book. She's the odd one in both worlds, mainly because the way she dresses, what music she listens to (heavy metal, death metal, hard rock), and how she acts (split personalities, moody) She appears as Miyu and Diana's companion, Diana's best friend.

Lilith - Garline's old girlfriend. Obsessed with him, and will do anything to have him no matter what the price.

Terraceles - the Goddess of Wisdom, keeper and guardian of the Book. Appears in any form to people to hand them the curse or gift of the Book.

…And some other characters I'll add =D
-------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------

Disclaimer: Don't own Vampire Princess Miyu…there I said it *breaks down crying* and Hotel California is … belongs to the Eagles

Author Note: …umm…this is an A/U fic. LARVA/MIYU k? k.

Ages:

Miyu: 22
Larva: 27
Sara: 22
Diana: 23
Garline: 28
Jacqueline: 24
Lilith: 26


READ THE SIGNS
CHAPTER ONE
BY:
Fantasy Girl (Saturn Angels)


Miyu sighed as she looked around her everything was in place. The boxes were all set correctly in the moving van. Nothing was left in the house besides possibly some things that couldn't be removed, such as the walls. She wiped off the bit of sweat that had remained on her brow for about an hour and lifted her hair up from her damp neck allowing the soft breeze to cool her down a bit

Sara suddenly walked up and slung one arm around Diana's shoulder, "Hah…finally done packing all that crap"

Diana only nodded in response to Sara's comment.

Miyu sighed sadly and looked back at her family's house, her parents had died two years earlier and Diana and Sara had come to live with her during their college years. Now they were moving to a small town in the United States to start a small business together.

Diana noticed what Miyu was doing and walked up to her with a reassuring smile, "Don't worry Miyu-chan…everything will be alright. Everything"

Miyu nodded, "Well everyone ready to go? We have a long trip!"

"How are we going to drive from here to Los Angel…Angeles?" Sara asked looking at their car and their moving van.

"We're going in airplane and that stuff," she pointed to the moving van with all of their possessions packed away in boxes, "Will arrive by boat a couple days later.

Sara nodded, "Oh…I get it"

Diana smiled and rolled her eyes, "Alright from here we drive to Tokyo Airport…then the car will also be taken by boat to Los Angeles, then from there we're gonna go to one of Los Angeles' suburbs"

Sara grinned broadly, "I get to drive, since it is my car," she added pointing to the shiny, metallic red, gorgeous McLaren F1.

Miyu and Diana shrugged; they never got to drive anyway.

Some time later…

"Now, my precious…go with the nice people onto the boat," cooed Sara to her car causing other people to stare at her.

Diana coughed and looked around, "Sara…hurry up the plane will be boarding soon…"

Sara pretended to sniffle as she left the car, "Alright. Fine let's go, the sooner we leave the sooner I see my car again"

"Actually you wo-" Miyu was cut off abruptly be a jab to the side.

"Yes, yes whatever, let's just go"

Some more time later…

Sara, Miyu, and Diana sat on the plane, bored. Miyu was reading a magazine, Diana was looking out the window, and Sara played with the back of the seat in front of her.

The PA came on momentarily stopping everyone's movements, "As requested by one of our first class passengers we will be playing 'Hotel California' by the Eagles as this plane is headed to Los Angeles. Enjoy the flight"

Sara stopped playing with the food tray as she listened to the song.

On a dark desert highway
Cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas
Rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance
I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy, and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night

"Is this going to be a scary song?" Asked Sara worriedly, "Just shut up and listen," she told herself while she rolled her eyes. Now this normally would've made people think she was a freak but Miyu and Diana both knew she only woke up her split personality when she was bored, extremely bored.

There she stood in the doorway
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself
This could be Heaven or this could be Hell
Then she lit up a candle
And she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely place (background)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year
Any time of year (background)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany twisted
She's got the Mercedes bends
She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys
That she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard
Sweet summer sweat
Some dance to remember
Some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain
Please bring me my wine
He said
We haven't had that spirit here since 1969
And still those voices are calling from far away
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely Place
Such a lovely Place (background)
Such a lovely face
They're livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise
What a nice surprise (background)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling
Pink champagne on ice
And she said
We are all just prisoners here
Of our own device
And in the master's chambers
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
Relax said the night man
We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave

"That would suck," Sara said nodding to herself.

Diana and Miyu stared at her questioningly then just shrugged.

Sara sighed and put her feet on the headrest of the seat in front of her and fell asleep.

--L.A.--

Sara looked around excitedly once they reached Los Angeles, "We're here! Finally!" She smiled and stood there for a few seconds continuing to look around her, "Where's my car?" She asked worriedly after about half a minute of waiting.

"…It won't be arriving until…two days from now," Diana said sweatdropping.

Sara's eyes widened as she began hyperventilating, "M-My car! No! Two days? How could you lie to me?" She yelled angrily.

Diana sweatdropped, "Well we never lied, since we never told you it would be here by the time we got here…"

Sara continued looking around, still hyperventilating, "It's 1:30 AM and we have no car…in Los Angeles?" She cried clearly pissed off.

Diana shuffled her feet nervously; "…we could get a cab over here…"

Sara shook her head, "Oh no. No way, we do not trust these damn cab drivers! They steal all the time! We're walking to the hotel!" She cried angrily.

"Sara…let me remind you, we have nothing that they can steal…and on the streets we could be killed or worse"

Sara sighed defeated "Fine…go and call a damn taxi"

Diana did and soon enough they had a taxi and were headed to Miyako hotel.

Once they arrived they all got out and paid the driver and walked inside to ask for a room.

"One room please…two beds," Miyu said to the guy at the counter.

He nodded, "Hai, hai," ("Yes, yes") He went and got the key to the room, "Second floor. Room 202"

Miyu nodded, "Arigatou gozaimasu" ("Thanks you very much") and they all walked to the room they were directed to.

They all entered the room, after Sara had trouble with opening the door, and Miyu and Diana each walked over to separate beds.

Sara looked around noting one thing, "…And what about me? Where's my bed?"

Miyu pointed to the couch lazily.

Sara stared at it, "You have got to be joking…"

"No, we're not joking. We don't have enough room for you. You'll just have to make do. Here, I'll give you the fluffy pillow," Diana added tossing Sara a pillow.

Sara took it then put it on the couch angrily, "Fine. But since you decided to torture me in this way…I have control over the TV…" She quickly grabbed the remote and clicked the little red button causing the television to turn on.

"And just in…" A news reporter said suddenly reading from a piece of paper he was just handed, "a transport ship coming from Tokyo to Los Angeles sank. All possessions were lost…"

Sara laughed, "Man I feel sorry for whoever had their stuff on that ship…"

Diana and Miyu continued staring at the screen looking as if they were going to go into shock.

"?" Sara looked at them questioningly then turned back to the screen.

"One of the items lost was almost priceless, a red metallic McLaren F1. And that's all the news for today. Joanne will now tell us the weather forecast for tomorrow."

Sara stared at the screen gasping, "B…But? …M…My car!" She began hyperventilating as she continued to stare at the screen.

Miyu and Diana both sweatdropped and Miyu tried to calm Sara down by saying, "Maybe someone else had a red metallic McLaren F1 that was on a ship from Tokyo to Los Angeles?"

Sara stared at Miyu hopefully, then the news reporter once again interrupted them, "The license plate number was: SAR 222"

Sara began bawling, "That's my license plate!"

"How can you tell? Maybe yours was… 222 SAR?" Diana said sweatdropping and scratching the back of her head nervously.

Sara stared at her blankly, "…uh…no," she said simply then thought for a moment as an evil grin made itself presentable on her face, "I swear…I will have my revenge!"

Lightning flashed in the background and thunder boomed.

They stared at her, crickets chirping, "Sara? You feeling alright?" Diana asked waving a hand in front of her face.

Sara sweatdropped, "Uh…yea, fine. Fine, just perfect…besides the fact that my car is at the bottom of the ocean!" She screamed furiously.

"Sara…calm down" Diana said holding her hands in front of herself trying to calm her down.

Sara glared, "Nothing can calm me down! I lost one of the most precious things in the world right now I-"

Miyu cut her off holding out a hand to silence her, "You can have my bed I'll sleep on the couch,"

Sara brightened considerably, "Okay!"

"See? That made you forget about your car…" Diana said smiling a bit.

Sara exploded again, "I will never forget!! This is just temporary calmness!! Do you know how much that car COST?" She shouted furiously.

Miyu sweatdropped, "Sara calm down, everyone in the hotel can hear you…"

"I don't care! It cost one million one hundred thirty thousand AMERICAN dollars!" She cried frantically as she buried her hands in her pale purple hair. "…One million…in American dollars!" she began bawling again, "I'll never have that much money again! Ever!"

Diana sighed, "Sara. Shut up and sleep, it's two a.m. and I'm tired! So just sleep…maybe you'll wake up and we'll be in Tokyo and this was all a dream…"

Sara sniffled, "Okay…" she mumbled as she crawled into her bed and fell asleep.

Miyu and Diana sighed relieved, and they too fell to the will of the Sandman.

-----------------------------------

Vale: To be continued!!!
Fantasy Girl: r/r! Pwease? *sniffles for sympathy*
Vince: *slap* Snap out of it man!
Fantasy Girl: sorry! -_-; anyways! review and tell me what you think! *wink*

R/R!