Vandread Fan Fiction ❯ Vandread REVOLUTION ❯ Chapter 5 Gates ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Vandread REVOLUTION

Disclaimer: I don’t own Vandread or anything else that is copyrighted in this story, but I do own the stuff I make up for it. THANK YOU!

Chapter 5: Gates

Inside Zero's Vanguard, he is just sitting there letting himself be taken wherever the portal wants to. "This is really boring." said Zero. "I think the end is comming up." said the Paksys. As the rainbow tube turns black and the Vanguard gets grabbed by a gravitational pull from a blue planet. "Crap, the planets gravity has us! I can't break free!" said Zero trying to escape the pull. "We are entering the atmosphere." said the Paksys. "Paksys, I need a atmospheric entree sheild!" yelled Zero. As a large green sheild forms in the hands of the Vanguard. Zero corrects the angle of entree to avoid burning up in the atmosphere. A warning appears all around Zero. "Crap, what now?" asked Zero. "Your machines energy is almost completely drained." answered the Paksys. "I better cut the busters until I need them." thought Zero. He cuts the busters that were slowing his decent and the Vanguard starts falling faster at the ground. The area that he was heading towards looked exactly like Japan. At the last posible minute he hits the busters on full blast stoping him in mid-air about ten feet off the ground, the power cuts off and the Vanguard drops in the water with a large splash. Zero gets up and opens the hatch of the Vanguard, manually. He takes a deep breath, the air is crisp and clean, it fills him with new vigor. He looks around where he landed and notices there is a crowd starting to gather on the beach. "Crap." he thought as he jumps off the Vanguard still wearing the fight suit. As a police officer walks up to him. "Son, what is that and why is it sitting in the water?" asked the officer. "He can't tell you, it's top secret." said a man walking toward them. "Isn't that right?" asked the man. "Yes sir." said Zero. He hits a button on his wrist and the Vanguards' cockpit closes and it slides into the water. "That should work until it is recharged." thought Zero. The man starts walking away and Zero follows after him. "Thanks for your help back there." said Zero. "It was no problem. But would you please come with me?" asked the man. "Sure I guess, but could you tell me where I am?" asked Zero. "I will tell you what you want to know, when we arrive at our destination." said the man. "Well alright." replied Zero.

For about thirty minutes they walked and eventually arrived at an old fasion Japanese school. "Why are at a school?" asked Zero. "Just follow me." replied the man. As an alarm starts beeping in Zero's pocket. "Crap, I forgot about my cell phone." thought Zero as he quickly reached into his pocket trying to shut it off. "Eight, seven, six, six, six, five, four, three, two, one..." It started but Zero shut it off before it got playing to loud. "That was to close." thought Zero with a sigh of relief. "What was that?" asked the man looking at Zero. "It was nothing." said Zero calmly. As the man stops in front of an office door and goes in waving Zero to follow. "Can we trust him?" asked the Paksys. "I think we can." answerd Zero. When he walks in the man is standing behind his desk. "Come on don't just stand there." said the man as he jestures for him to sit. Zero sits down and the man follows after him. "Now, you said you wanted to know where you are?" asked the man. "Yeah, where am I and what year is it?" asked Zero. "The year is 1971 and we're in Japan." answerd the man. Zero suddenly has a horrified look on his face. "I'm in the past, I could tare the fabric of time if I stay here too long." thought Zero. A telephone rings and snaps Zero from his thoughts. "Yes. I'll be there in a minute." said the man into the phone and hangs it up. "Hold onto your chair." said the man as he pushes a button on his desk. The chairs that they're sitting in quickly sink into the floor. "What the hell?" yelled Zero as his chair is sliding down a metalic tube and comes out in a big underground command center. "What is all this?" asked Zero with wide eyes. "Your mech was retreived and brought here for repairs." said the man. "And I must ask you, if you would help us fight the Invader threat on Earth?" asked the man pointing at him. "I don't know." replied Zero. "What's in it for me?" asked Zero. As alarms start sounding all around. "What now?" asked Zero, sounding a little annoyed. A few minutes later two teen boys and four teen girls arrive through the different tubes on the walls. "Commander, what's going on?" asked one of the teenage boy. "Para-frequencies, huge!" reported one of the women at a computer. "Gatekeeper team, go out and stop the Invader threat!" ordered the commander. "Roger, for AEGIS!" said the six teens. As they move their right hand from over their heart in a ninty degree angle up giving the peace sign. "The fuck is that all about?" he asked himself. "I'll help you guys until I can find a way to go home." he said. "That's good, aprentice gatekeeper." said the commander. "Now could you show me where my 'mech' is?" asked Zero getting serious. "Of course." said the commander.

The commander leads the group to the hanger. "Commander, this mech is so much more complicated than the gate-robo." said a young boy. "Hey, get away from there!" yelled Zero as he runs up to his Vanguard. "Call me Specs, and I was just trying to repair it, but I couldn't get the cockpit open." said the boy. "It doesn't need repaired, it just has to recharge." said Zero as he climbs up and open the cockpit with a button that is next to the hatch. "That's how it opens." said the boy. "I DON'T want you to touch my mech." said Zero looking at the boy. "Unless I say you can." he added typing on a panel really fast. "Good, I've got enough power to help you, if you need me!" yelled Zero from the cockpit. "Alright Gatekeeper team go out and stop the Invader threat." said the commander. "And if anyone wants to know, my name is Zero Stardust." he said sticking his head out from the cockpit. As everyone but Zero gets into a bus with a med size mech lieing down inside. The bus starts driving up a long ramp leading to the surface. "Commander, how do I get out of here?" asked Zero. The commander points toward a large elavator in the corner. "Thanks." he said. "You may need this." he said throwing an Earth Defence Liscenes up to him. Zero looks at it and nods.

Later in the area where the Invaders are attacking the Gatekeepers are just arriving and Zero is landing from above. "He can fly." said one of the girls. About a hundred grey skin people with black suits, black ten gallon hat, and black sunglasses look and them. "Are those the Invaders?" asked Zero looking down from his cockpit. "Yes." said the person getting into the mech. "Let's take them out before they call for their leader." said the boy in the mech. Suddenly a person with the same grey skin rises from the ground, he is wearing a red suit, red ten gallon hat, and black sunglasses rises from the ground and says. "Fusion." as all the Invaders melt together and form a large mech about the size of the Vanguard. "Looks like you guys did need my help for this one after all." said Zero looking at the Invaders new form. "Commence termination." said the mech with a deep voice. Zero grapples with it to stop it from attacking. "You guys move, I will hold it back." yelled Zero. But they don't move. "They can't hear you." said the Paksys. "Paksys, link me to their minds for speaking only." said Zero. "Okay, you can talk to them." said the Paksys. "Move that bus, before I lose my grip!" yelled Zero. They all look around but reverse the bus fast and the mech inside jumps out. "You can't have all the fun!" said the boy in the mech. "Fine just don't get killed." said Zero. The boy charges in and yells gate open. As two rings one inside the other and spining in opposite directions appear in front of him. "Vacuas Missle!" he yells as a burst of air launchs out at the red spot on the Invaders head. The Invader dodges it and launchs a black ball of Invaders at him. A few arrows fly through the ball and it turns to crystals. "What the hell." said Zero. "I have analized where there power is coming from." said the Paksys. "Where? I need that power." said Zero with a crazy look in his eyes. "It's those rings, they are connected to another demention." said the Paksys. "When I say what they said, open the portal." demanded Zero. "Gate Open!" yelled Zero. At the same time the Paksys opens the portal and two white rings form in front of Zero's Vanguard. He punchs through the gate and a bolt of white energy launchs at the Invaders and hits from all directions. The Invader mech explodes into crystals. "Amazing, he took it out with one attack." said one of the girls. "Lets return to the base." said Zero with an evil smile and glowing black eyes. "Yeah." said another girl.

When they arrive at the Command Center they report to the commander but Zero stays in his Vanguard. "What the hell is wrong with me?" he asked gripping his head in pain. "I think the power was to much for your mind to handle." said the Paksys. "No duh!" yelled Zero sarcasticly finally getting control of his mind. "Damn, I have to be careful with that power." he said quietly. He opens the hatch and jumps out, landing in front of the commander. "The Gate of Light." said the commander. Zero jumps back quickly hitting his head on the Vanguard. "Don't do that!" he yelled rubbing his head. "It's time to introduce you to the rest of the Gatekeepers." said the commander. "Alright, lets get this over with." said Zero with a sigh. "The first Gatekeeper of AEGIS Far East Branch, Ruriko Ikusawa." he said pointing towards a teen girl wearing a school uniform and a yellow ribbon in her hair. Ruriko steps forward and extends her hand he gladly shakes it and when they release she steps back. "The young man in the a dark blue uniform is the leader of the team and the second Member of the Gatekeepers, Shun Ukiya." said the commander as Shun stepped forward and extended his hand. "The third member of the Gatekeepers is Reiko Asagiri." Reiko steps forward and stumbles over her own feet. "Ow, that hurt." she said rubbing her face. A sweatdrop slides down the side of everyones head. "The fourth member is Chotaro Banba AKA Big Boss." continued the commander. "Greetings new friend!" shouted Big Boss as he grabs Zero's hand and starts shaking it. "Hey, hands off!" yelled Zero as he flips him off with just the flick of his wrist sending him cratering into the far wall. "Amazing!" yelled Shun. "We will need to measure your strength later." said the commander looking at Big Boss. "The fifth member is Kaoru Konoe." he added as the last teen steps forward. "Hello it's nice to meet you." said Kaoru. "Well now, there are some really cute girls around here." said Zero winking at her. She turns away blushing slightly. "Stop that, it's embarrassing." she said quietly. "Finally the last member of the team, Fen Fei-Ling." announced the commander as the young teen steps forward. "Hello." she said. "Okay, like I said earlier my name is Zero Stardust." he said. "Now that everyone knows how you are we can start your tests." said the commander. "I think I'm a little to old to be in school." said Zero. "Oh, how old are you?" asked the commader. "I'm 19 years old." he snaped. "Well then, you can work down here." said the commander. "Hell no, I've been trained to be a soldier not an engineer!" yelled Zero. "Who would train a teen to be a soldier?" demanded the commander. "I... I can't tell you." said Zero quietly looking at the floor. "Why not!" yelled the commander. "Because, I can't!" yelled Zero as he quickly turns and jumps up into his Vanguard. Once he gets in it closes, but he doesn't turn it on. The commander turns and walks out quickly still trying to act calm. "Dammit, I had to say I was a soldier didn't I." he thought while sitting there. A light knocking on the outside of the cockpit snaps him from his thoughts. He turns on the cameras to see who it is. "It's Kaoru." he thought. "Paksys open a mind link between me and her only." said Zero quietly. "Okay, it's open." said the Paksys. "I'm not from here, you know that don't you?" asked Zero. She stumbles backwards from hearing his voice in her head. The Vanguard activates and catches her gently. "Careful I don't want you to get hurt." he said opening the cockpit. He raises the hand to the cockpit. "Come inside, I don't want the hatch open very long." said Zero quietly. "Well alright." she said climbing into the cockpit. When she's completely inside the Vanguard closes. "And don't worry I won't hurt you." he said suddenly. She eyes him curiously. "Who are you really?" she asked. He shrugged and said. "I'm Zero." He looks at her and sighs. "Alright, I'll tell you, but promise me you won't tell anyone." he said. "I don't know." she said looking down. "Please, promise me." he said desperately. "Okay, I promise." she said with a nod. "My name is Zero Stardust, I was born in the year 1986..." he started. "1986 thats impossible!" she yelled loudly. "Let me continue. My dad worked for the government, developing new weapons for the Militaries of the USA." he continued. "But what does that have to do with you?" she asked. "I'm getting there. My family had to go where he went so we all got stuck on an Interstellar Battleship where he did his experiments. When he was working I had to take care of my baby sister." he said pausing for some moment. "What about your mother?" asked Kaoru softly. Looking down at his feet and lets a few tears fall. "My mom passed away shorty after giving birth to my sister." he said wipping his face off. "I'm sorry to hear that." said Kaoru softly. She moves a little closer to him. "Let me continue." he said pulling himself from those painful memories. "When I was about 10 years old, I started bumping into stuff, because my eyes had a flaw in them." he said rubbing his shins. "But you don't seem like your struggling to see anything." she said. "I'm not, anymore." he said quietly. "Opps, please continue." said Kaoru. "Yeah. Well since I was on a Military Battleship I had to do something to be able to keep myself out of trouble. I was young and didn't know what signing, but I signed a training form for the new Space Ops learning all these powerful techni..." he said as he trailed off. "What's wrong?" asked a worried Kaoru. "I know why I am here now, it never hit me till now." said Zero. He jumps up and starts up the Vanguard. "I have ninty-five percent power. I can go back to my deminsion." he said laughing. "Zero, you're scaring me." she said pushing against the back of the cockpit. "I want to know something, do you like me?" asked Zero. "What, I don't know what you're talking about?" she said clinching her right hand over her heart. "Please, yes or no." he said. "I started to, until you going crazy." she said quietly. His eyes go wide and he falls to his knees, he quickly hits a button on the console. "Run quickly, before I lose myself." struggling to talk. "What's going on?" asked Kaoru. "Just go!" yelled Zero turning to look at her, his eyes are glowing black and an aura of black energy is starting to flow from his body. "Gate Open." he said with a distorted evil voice. As the white rings open they reverse direction and the white shatters, turning the gate black. "ZG tech level five, Black Lightining." said Zero stepping out of the Vanguard.

In the meeting room alarms start blaring all around. "What's going on!" demaned the commander. "Paranormal Frequencies, all around us." said a man from the computers. "Asemable the Gatekeepers!" ordered the commander. All of a sudden the wall with a bolt of black lightining flashing through it. "Well commander I will be leaving the team as of right now, and I'm taking this one with me if you want her back bring my Vanguard to Parlament building within one hour, or she dies." he said holding an unconcious Kaoru. He blasts the ceiling a bolt of black lightining and vanishes in the smoke laughing.

A few moments later Zero is standing in front of Parlament Building hold Kaoru over his shoulder. He jumps into the air landing on top of the building, he sets her down and ties her up with metal pipes that were nearby. "Now I wait." he said laughing menacingly. Moments later the police and news crews start showing up. "Breaking news, a young man has kidnapped a member of the heroic Gatekeepers team that save us from certain doom two years ago and is holding her captive on top of the Parlament Building." said a reporter. The police keep a crowd away from the building. "You people are lucky I'm not here to kill any of you." he said floating upside down above the reporter. People in the crowd start throwing stone at him but none even reach him. "You people are fools, no one can hurt me!" he yelled as he floats back to the roof. About an hour later a transport helicopter lands in the front grounds of the Parlament Building. The Vanguard is wheeled out and set on the ground. "We brought what you wanted, now return Kaoru to us!" yelled Shun. "Alright." said Zero as he released her. Her eyes jerk open and she screams. "Princess Kaoru!" yelled Big Boss as he charges in jumps up on top the the building. "The true power of the heart is darkness. Gate Open, Black Lightining." he said. "No!" yelled Kaoru as she jumps in front of the bolt. It hits her directly in the chest. Everyones mouths hang open in shock. "No, what am I doing." said Zero looking at his hands, the energy is still flowing out. "Please stop this Zero..." said Kaoru as her body falls limp. Zero starts shaking violently as suddenly his energy starts going critical. "What's happening to him?" asked Ruriko. "I don't know but I don't want to find out." said Shun as he starts running. Big Boss is crying over Kaoru. A huge explosion of black energy engulfs the entire area. Through the darkness you can hear Zero yelling Kaoru over and over. When the black energy clears two Zero's are standing back to back. "Damn, I lost control, but I shall see you again Zero." said the dark one. "Who are you?" asked Zero. "I am your opposite side, my name is Orez." he said. "Come Shadowguard!" he yelled as a flash of black energy surrounds the Vanguard and flies toward him, then they both vanish. Zero turns to Kaoru, drops to his knees and starts to cry. "What did I do?" he asked himself. "I don't care what happens to me but she was the first person to say they liked me." he said dragging himself over to her side. He picks her up off the ground and holds her close. "Forbidden ZG tech level eleven Resurrection." he said quietly. As white light surrounds them. After the light subsides are both lieing there, Kaoru's hand twitches and she slowly opens her eyes and sits up, but Zero lies there motionless. "No, why did you save me at the cost of your life!" she yelled as she started crying. Everyone is now waking up from the explosion. "Look, Kaoru's alright." said Shun. She picks him up and carries him off the roof still crying. takes him to his Vanguard, opens it. "What are you doing?" asked Shun. "He sacrificed his own life to revive her." said Ruriko starting to get tears in her eyes. "At the last moment I heard him ask me to do this." she said sobbing uncontrolably. "And he told me to set the auto-pilot." she added wipping off her face. "Tell the Commander and my parents I won't be returning." she said smiling as she climbs into the cockpit. "Wait a minute, where are you going?" asked Shun. "No Shun I understand what's going on she finally found someone that would give everything for her." said Ruriko elbowing Shun gently in the ribs. "Kaoru, good luck." said Ruriko. "Alright, lets return to base everyone." said Shun looking at the ground. As the Gatekeepers team return to the helicopter. "Goodbye Kaoru." thought Shun looking back at the Vanguard. The Vanguard turns on and blasts off into the air flying fast. "I'm sorry everyone, but I must find his little sister and tell her the bad news. I will return, someday." said Kaoru smiling happily. The Vanguard breaks orbit in seconds. "The time is now do the attack." said the Paksys. He jumps up quickly and slams into Kaoru. "What the hell are you doing in here?" asked Zero as he helps her up. "I thought you were dead so I was going to find your sister and tell her." she said as she hugs him. "Well, I'm not dead so you don't need to worry, you won't be able to return to the planet." said Zero stroking her head gently. "I need to do something right now before it's to late." said Zero quietly. "I'll help in whatever way I can." said Kaoru smiling. "Put your arms around me and channel your energy into me, okay." said Zero. She nods and hugs him from behind. "Paksys lend me your power!" yelled Zero as he puts the base of his palms together, he yells out. "Gate Open, ZG Tech level ten, Sang Chin Fu Chi Ra Dou!" yelled Zero really loud, as a huge beam of pure energy blasts from the hands of the Vanguard. The portal that brought Zero is now reopened, he flies into it quickly as it closes behind him.

TBC

A/N: Finally, Chapter 5 is finished. I'm sorry to my fans, this is the longest chapter I ever wrote. And isn't that sweet he has a girlfriend now. I wonder how Meia will take it and what about Mia. Be prepared for Chapter 6 Sole Survivor. New character is going to enter, is he a friend or foe, and what is so special about his Dread. And we must never forget about Orez, Zero's dark side. Till next time fans. Please R&R. Flames acceptable.