Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ 1000 Words ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Escaflowne: 1000 words…

Author note: Well, here is the second part to chapter 1. It took me a while to deal with this, since I don't know how to bring it up, but now I managed somehow. Christmas break is over and school started again…bleh…but today, I have free time, so I decided to put it up and polish it up a bit. For those of you who wandered why Hitomi her behavior is weak and demure, well, that's how she is only in the beginning. Once the plot thickens, she will get out of that stage. I can't say anymore in detail, but you will notice once the chapters go on. Anyways, here is Chapter 1, Part 2! Hope you like it…

~`~`~`~`

The days have gone after I made that wish. I truly believed in the theory that if I see a shooting star and made a wish, your wish will come true in a matter of days. So, I waited until that day comes. Yet, it didn't come. And…I was beginning to think that fantasies are just childish hope. I almost gave into Yukio's theory. So, I stopped waiting for the wish and thought it would never come true…

Boy, was I wrong…

~`~`~`~`

Chapter 1, Part 2- Wishes: New Hope unraveled…

~`~`~`~`~

Hitomi slowly pulled the headphones off her ears and gave a sigh. What a relief the young pop idol has. Finally, after countless of songs that went into the dumps, Hitomi finally finished.

"That's a wrap minna-san," said Fujita through the intercom.

Hitomi smiled. "How did I do?" she asked out loud.

"As usual, Hitomi, you are fantastic," said Fujita with a thumbs up. "Okay, time to burn it in, send it, and celeb-"

"Nah ah, I don't think so," said Yukio suddenly as he slowly sat up from his seat in the sweatbox. "I don't think that song is perfect for the album."

Fujita looked up at him with an incredulous look on his face. "What do you mean don't put it in? It's perfect for the album!"

"Not to me it isn't," Yukio said arrogantly. "People want variety. If they listened to the same thing over and over, they would be bound to be bored with it."

"Yukio, what are you talking about?" retorted Hitomi, putting her hands on her hips. "I mean sure, it does revolve around a person's feelings, but every song I sing has its own different meaning that corresponds to the theme. This song is perfect! I believe that this would be the best one out of all the tracks in the CD. And I wrote it by myself too."

"Trust me, Hitomi, I know how the world works than you do, and trust me, your adoring fans would throw away this album once they hear it."

Hitomi threw her headphones on the chair and looked at her boyfriend furiously. "How many times are you going to say that?! Trust me, I know this and I know that! You already said that during the past several days! Are you some kind of broken record or something?"

"Are you insulting me Hitomi?" Yukio said threateningly.

"No, but I am just tired of you saying things over and over again! Look, this is the last song on the track. I'm surprised that we are going to make the deadline with you dumping every song I tried to put on the record during these past days."

"Gosh, can't you trust my judgment?! I'm getting sick and tired of you refusing my judgment and your mellow dramatic behavior!" retorted Yukio, folding his arms.

"I've been trusting your judgment since I dated you, baka! And your attitude suddenly changed. That's probably WHY I'm complaining so much! And…I AM getting SICK and TIRED of YOU dumping this song and that! Does your name say in this record? I don't think so!"

"Tch, my attitude hadn't changed at all!"

"Yes, it had! What happened to…oh let's say, we'll work this together? Or let's a write a duet together? Or how am I and junk? Now, it sounds like me, me, me, me!"

"You listen to me!" yelled Yukio, pointing a finger at Hitomi's face. Hitomi suddenly paled and became silent with fear. It was the same voice again that he showed to her several days back. "I am plainly SAYING that this song isn't good! Because I think it needs a certain edge to it! And if you don't like it, then who cares! I know what's good, so deal with it!" Hitomi nodded her head and looked away from him.

Inhaling a breath, Yukio put his hands in his pockets and took out a single piece of paper. "Now…why don't you sing this song?" he asked, handing the paper to Hitomi.

Hitomi grabbed it and read it. "What's this?" she asked.

"Just sing it," he said, opening the door to the control panel. "This song would be good for the record." And, he closed the door.

"Fujita, put this in," Yukio said, handing the control operator a disc.

"Huh? What's this?"

"It's not your concern, just play it, stupid-head," Yukio retorted and exited the control room.

"Good god, what's wrong with him? He has major problems," Fujita said. "Anyways, Hitomi-chan, you doing fine?"

"Yes I am, I'm sorry about this," Hitomi said softly, putting the headphones on her ear again.

"It's fine Hitomi. Don't worry about it." Slowly, he popped in the CD. "I can't see why Hitomi-chan is still dating that guy…especially with that violent attitude of his."

"Okay, Fujita, I'm ready to sing!" Hitomi called, adjusting the microphone.

"Alright! Ready in 5…4…3…2…"

"Hold the recording!" yelled a voice from outside.

"Dryden-san!"

The door to the control room suddenly hit the back wall as a frantic manager came in, all disgruntled and disorganized with his hair in frizzes. "Dryden-san…are you okay?" Hitomi asked worriedly, running inside the control room to her manager's aid.

Fujita came along too, and looked directly into his boss's eyes, knowing very well the pale look he is showing. Hitomi led Dryden to a seat in the control room, easing him gently to sit down. Fujita offered Hitomi to seat, but refuse the offer.

"Hitomi-chan…something has happened to the corporation," said Dryden, finally able to regain his bearings.

"What…happened? What is going on?" asked Hitomi with a confused look.

"Fujita, go to the intercom. We have to break the news to everyone who is working here." ordered Dryden with a firm look, staring at Fujita.

He responded obediently and grabbed the nearest phone. "What should I say, sir?"

"Tell everyone that we have urgent matters to discuss. All workers must come to my office. We will have an emergency meeting!"

"Hai," said Fujita and pushed the button. A loud noise rang throughout the building and Fujita's voice was heard loud and clear.

Hitomi looked at Dryden with a concerned look. "Dryden-san…do you want me to attend this meeting?"

"Yes, Hitomi-chan…"

"Does it…have to go around me and…"

"No, no, do not worry. Nothing is going to hurt you…"

"Then…what' this meeting abou-"

"Come," interrupted Dryden, leading Hitomi out of the control room. "We have to go to the meeting. Everything that is confusing you will be explained."

Hitomi nodded and let Dryden lead her to his office.

~`~`~`~`

"Hello…? Yes…oh… I see… I will be there right away." A man put his cell phone in his pocket, slowly approaching the University of Tokyo. The man had a brown hat on top of his face with a pair of sunglasses covering his eyes. Slowly, he approached a man of age 21, waiting with a brown folder in his hands.

"Is this is what you need?" asked the 21 year old as the mystery man approached him.

"Yes…this will do, thank you very much…"

"Are you sure…that you will help my brother this time?"

"Of course, of course…after all…you are my tie to everything…"

"Listen…I am only doing this for the sake of my brother. He wants to reach his dream…"

"Yes, yes, I know. You are a loyal big brother to him. And you deserve better." From the man's pocket, a full load of yen was seen in the open. With a smile, he handed the money to the 21 year old.

"No, I don't…like I said before…this is for the sake of my brother…"

"Hehe…I'll be waiting for more…next month…"

"Yeah…sure…"

Slowly, the man stashed the folder inside his jacket, and slowly approached his car.

"That bastard…"

~`~`~`~`~`~

Noises erupted from Dryden's office, as every single person was in a seat, with a drink and a plate of snacks in front of them. At the head of the table sat Dryden, looking thoughtfully with his hands on above his chin, clasped together. On his right, sat Hitomi, looking around her to see the craziness that spread in each co-worker. She was slightly worried about this noise.

"Minna-san!" yelled Dryden, grabbing everyone's attention. "We must wait patiently…" Slowly, he turned to Fujita. "Where is he?"

"Well, I called him and he said he will be in right away."

"He better-"

"Dryden-san…"

"Yes Hito-chan…"

Hitomi kneeled a bit to look at his face. "What is this matter about?"

"Well…" slowly, he took off his glasses and put them on the table. He rubbed his head to ease the headache growing. "You see, Hitomi, every single artist that I have in this deal is great and everything…especially when you came in with your huge hit success…"

"Without Yukio's help…" she added.

"That's not the point Hitomi. Everyone and yourself are great…but…the company…as we speak…well…let's just say that we won't be doing anything for a long time."

"Huh?" said Hitomi, clueless. "What exactly is that supposed to mean?"

The doors suddenly slammed opened. Every member's attention went to that direction as a young man started to approach the head of the table, with a cigarette in his mouth. "Well, what's with all the ruckus?" he asked, puffing a smoke.

"Yukio…you're late," said Dryden, with a firm look. "Where have you been?"

"Well…I went here and there…doing business," Yukio bluntly said, taking his seat to Dryden's right. He sat down, putting his legs on the table with that cocky look on his face.

"Whatever," Dryden mumbled. "God…how does Hitomi ever put up with him?" He slowly lifted himself up from his seat and looked at everyone. "Minna-san…there is urgent news regarding to our whole entire industry of Fassa Records." He looked at Hitomi, Yukio, and the other band members who stood at the head of the table. "These fine people here have created our success throughout the years before when this industry first opened to public 12 years ago when my father, Meedan, took control of this place with a heart that can fit a tender heart of old Saint Nick. And now, it has passed to me, his only son, Dryden, and brought the world a music that enchanted many people who come and rely on our music to bring them hope. Yukio Nami came to swoon the world with his songs a few years back, premiering as the hottest and must vocalist man alive." He looked at Yukio, only to see a prideful smirk on his face after he mentioned the work Yukio have done during this industry. Dryden gave a sigh and continued, "And now, Hitomi, or known as Akina to all the people, also has come to capture people's hearts through her music. I truly had the pleasure to work with you all." He patted Hitomi's shoulder. "And especially this little one who started as the youngest pop star in our industry."

"Dryden-san…" Hitomi blushed.

Slowly, he removed his hand from Hitomi's shoulder and started walking around, viewing the faces of each and every worker of Fassa Records. He smiled at each and everyone. "Ladies and Gentlemen…after years of great fame within the world…from our midst surprise…I am regretfully..."

Hitomi looked around and noticed the suspense within her colleagues' eyes, each and every single person showing their emotions of this current situation.

"…filing…"

Somehow, her heart started to pound nervously against her chest. She placed her hand there.

Dryden lowered his head and took his glasses off. "…bankruptcy…"

Everyone suddenly stood up from their seats with a bewildered look on their face. "What?! How is it possible?! Dryden-san, what has happened?!"

Hitomi's eyes began to water with shock. She looked at Dryden who had a sad smile on his face. "Dryden-san," she began to speak. "Why are you filing bankruptcy? Fassa Records…what is going on?"

Dryden looked Hitomi's innocent eyes and gave a sad sigh. "I received a paper regarding to everything we are connected to. Somehow, I didn't notice that all of our connections with them…was suddenly broken…since the middle of last year. I guess you can say that I was out on a business trip during those days, trying to spread our connections with other companies."

Yukio puffed his cigarette with a blank expression on his face. Hitomi looked at him, wondering what is the deal with him. Dryden gave another sigh. "And…I also found out…that we have major bills to pay that came out of nowhere. The payments ranged from millions and millions…and…we don't have that much money to pay for all the bills."

"What about the money we received from the people who are buying Hitomi's last record?" asked one.

"What about Tsubasa no Kami's records?" said another.

"That's the strange part," Dryden said. "The money for that…has been embezzled. I am not sure how, but, when I went to the bank to withdraw some money, today, to treat you guys to a huge blowout picnic, Tokyo Bank have said that all our money…has been withdrawn, mysteriously…there is nothing left."

"Including…the charity money…for the kids in the hospital?" asked Hitomi sadly.

"I'm afraid so Hitomi…the hard work that you all have put in, especially the songs you sang to the sick children to make them feel better…is gone. I am terribly sorry."

Everyone was now talking all at once, shocked to hear the news that Dryden had spoken. The band members had irritable looks on their faces, knowing that they did everything for nothing. Hitomi remained quiet for most of the part, her face facing her feet. Yukio just kept on smoking, without a care in the world.

"Right now, we are investigating how this happened," said Dryden amidst the noise. "Somehow, this situation couldn't have been done by itself."

"Then, what should we do then? You are filing bankruptcy, right? I mean, all of us have families to feed…"

"I know, that's why we had a contract that benefits you to have a backup job just in case something happens here," said Dryden. "For now, all of you must deal with the jobs around Tokyo until everything has settled down."

"What about Hitomi, Yukio, and the other band members?" asked Fujita, coming up to Dryden-san.

Dryden looked at Fujita for a bit, then looked at his successors, seeing their grim faces looking upon him. He looked at Hitomi especially, who had her face down. With a sigh, he raked his hair. "I will talk to them individually. Apparently, they have different paths in their lives."

"Yes, sir…"

~`~`~`~`~

Few hours have passed, and every single worker has packed their things and went home, never to return to the place they once had a lot of fun memories from. It was dark outside, with the lights of Tokyo lit the whole entire city. Inside Fassa Industry, Hitomi sat there, looking out into the open through the window.

"Hey," said a gentle voice. Hitomi looked around to see Yukio, coming towards her.

"Hey," she replied back sadly, and looked out into the city once more, with tears rimming her eyes.

The room was silent between them as the two sat there looking out into the city. Not word was spoken for a few minutes. "Dryden…told me…that I will be transferred into another records deal…temporarily…until everything is solved here," Yukio said, breaking silence.

"Huh?"

"Dryden told me that I would be transferred to the record deal in Hawaii…and in the mean, for a month, I will be going on vacation," he said again, looking at Hitomi.

"Oh…"

"Well…I just want to tell you, Hitomi, well, that I will be going to Hawaii again tomorrow."

"Really? What for?" she asked, her eyes not looking on him.

"Just to have fun, you know, to relax…"

"I see…"

"But yeah…I just came here to tell you that…"

"Mmm…"

"Well…I guess I'll be seeing you around." He stood up and gave her a brief hug. "Ja ne…" With that, he left, without waiting for Hitomi to reply.

In the silence of the room, Hitomi just sat there, absorbing the words that he said. She was feeling completely sad and angry, not only at this situation, but to Yukio and his damn attitude. Tears started to streak her cheek and she couldn't help but mourn. It was all coming to her now.

"Yukio…doesn't care… at all does he?" Hitomi thought, trying her best to wipe the stray tears from her eyes. "Is that all he has to say to me? Why doesn't he say those words anymore? It's tearing me apart!" Slowly, she let her eyes gaze upon the beautiful city.

"He didn't even say…I love you…"

~`~`~`~`~

"Ah, Hitomi, there you," said Dryden, opening the door fully.

"Dryden-san," Hitomi said, standing up to greet him.

"Gomennasai…I know this dreadful news to you, Hito-chan and I know how much you love to sing…"

Hitomi nodded her head and took a seat in front of her manager. The two sat there in silence as Dryden tried to find the words to say to Hitomi. After all, Hitomi was Dryden's favorite client.

"Everyone has left," Dryden said. "Did Yukio tell you that he is going to Hawaii?"

Hitomi looked away, feeling the tears coming once more. "Apparently…yes…he left 20 minutes ago..."

"He didn't say he would take you there?" Hitomi shook her head. "What the hell is that guy thinking?!"

"It's okay, Dryden. I'm okay…just drop the subject…"

"Anyways," Dryden began. "All the other band members agreed to go to transfer into different record deals in Japan once everything in here is settled. And I also talked them of course…especially to Yukio... that jerk. Now, it's my turn to talk to you."

"Mmm…"

"Hitomi, I know this situation is impacting you…and I want to let you know how grateful I am on how you are strong about this. That's why you are my favorite out of all the people here. You show great spirit and heart to everything you put yourself into. Especially to those children who are in need. I couldn't thank you enough to make everything such a success." Hitomi smiled. "And your sacrifices shall never go in vain." Dryden looked into Hitomi's eyes with hesitation. "I guess it's now or never…"

Slowly, Dryden grabbed his briefcase from his right side of the chair, punching in the 3-numbered codes. As he opened it fully, he took out a piece of paper and a pair of keys, with a fuzzy pink key chain, another key chain with a blue cat, with his name written in kanji that read "Doraemon" with it, with a another kanji key chain, colored in a sparkling green, and another with a picture of people. He put his briefcase down and examined the items in his hands.

Hitomi was surprised to see such things from his briefcase, especially since he is a very manly. Hitomi waited patiently until he starts talking. By the look of his face, as respectful to her older superior, she didn't want to press any questions to him that would make his situation more complicated than it already is.

After a moment has passed, Dryden looked up and smiled, extending his hands, and nudged Hitomi to take them from his hands. Obeying his gesture, Hitomi grabbed them from his hands and looked at them observantly. On the key chain, she noticed the green kanji symbol. Then, her eyes grew in acknowledgement that it spelled her name, "Hitomi Kanzaki."

"Do you recognize these, Hitomi-chan?" Dryden spoke, with another tender smile.

Hitomi shook her head slightly. "A few years back, when you are still a rookie in the singing business…your parents gave me the piece of paper in your hands so that if something happens to this industry well…you know…"

"What do you mean?"

"And these keys…used to be yours…a key to your family's house in Yokohama…when you didn't have a house of your own before…"

"Dryden-san…where are you going at?"

"Do you want to see your family?"

Hitomi looked into Dryden's eyes, with a surprised look in them once more. "What?"

"Do you want to see your family? Do you want to go to places where there is no paparazzi or any reporters hounding you?"

"Dryden…what do you mean by all this?" she asked timidly. It was truly unbelievable that Dryden is reading her mind like a psychic.

"Hitomi," Dryden said with a chuckle. "You are sooo predictable to figure out. I know more than anything that you want to do things that can make you happy. I know, because you always have that distant look on your face."

Was she hearing right? Hitomi felt hope pouring into her whole entire body. "Well…since this situation is going to take a while to fix…instead of being transferred to another record deal like the others…" He paused once more, with hesitant eyes again. "Hitomi…how would you feel if I let you do whatever you want? You know…to continue your normal life over again?"

~`~`~`~`~

And well…of course…my answer was…

~`~`~`~`~

Hitomi couldn't believe what is happening. Without a doubt, she hopped in joy and hugged Dryden so tightly that his face was turning blue. Hitomi's sadness was replaced by a joy that she never knew existed and she couldn't be more than happy. She is finally free to do whatever she wants.

"Of Course!" she finally said excitedly. "Arigatou, arigatou, arigatou, arigatou…"

"Okay, okay, easy with the excitement," said Dryden. "I know that I told the other artist to transfer here and there, just to expand their fame and until everything is settled and solved here, but for you, you can go wherever you want. In Japan, in the States, in Europe, in Mars if all I care. All I want is to let you have fun."

"Dryden-san…oh my god…thank you so much for everything!"

"No need for thanks, Hitomi. Just…drop in a line if you can. I want to hear everything!"

"Yes, yes, yes of course! I will tell you everything!"

"Hehe, good girl…" said Dryden with a smile, patting her head. This was the real smile that he wanted to see for months. "Now…I'm still holding you contract, but, let's just say this is "do-whatever-your-desire" contract bond, okay?"

Hitomi nodded and just simply jumped up and down.

"Well, Akina, you are now simply an ordinary girl called…Hitomi Kanzaki."

~`~`~`~`~`~

This was the day when my life suddenly lightened up. New hope now poured into my heart and I couldn't feel much more happier. It was one of those rare Kodak moments when I accidentally trampled Dryden to the ground. Well…I was excited…I couldn't help it.

I know, from that point in my life, it will go on easily as pie.

But…

This was only the beginning…when my true adventure has started…

~`~`~`~`

Well, what do you guys think? I know it is boring, but I'm trying to get the beginning of the plot done with. IT will get interesting. Don't worry, it will get interesting. Well, this is the end of Chapter 1 Part 2, so, see next time! Chapter 3, coming soon! Please take your time, and review! Ideals are all WELCOME!