Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ A Pendants Power ❯ Dancing with the dead but not forgoten ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 5
Dancing with the Dead but not Forgotten

Hitomi stared out at the leviship in front of them. I was twice the size of the crusade but it seemed much slower than anything. Then a guymelef had came out. Like the leviship it was compleatly white. It also had wings. Mechanical wings that carried it across the forest.

"Hey Van, who does that look like to you." Allen said.

"Looks like Acarth Reruhia's Guymelef Einhorn. But Lord Acarth is dead." Van answered.

"Then it has to be Hicoria."

"Calling to the Crusade." said something on the intercom. "I do not wish to fight but I come baring invitations, you see I was on my way to Fanelia to see her king about this Ball being held in Orgala. I wanted to know if he would like to show his face there."

"Lady Hicoria, how old are you now."

"Seventeen summers Allen Shezar, enough to still haunt you with scissors."

"Then I should post guards around my room again. You have permission to come aboard."

"You trust too much, just for your sake I wont. You never know I might just be working for that crazy cheese cake D-i-l-a-n-d-a-u and I might just have orders to take over and destroy all and then take the pendant thingy do-wop thing a majig. Now wouldn't I."

"You wouldn't last five minuets under his command, you just blew your whole cover."

"I know arent i just terrific."

"No body mention anything about our plans." Allen whispered.

"I just wanted to say that you all are invited to a Ball tonight at Orgala."

"Kinda soon dont you think?" Gaddes said.

"And if you dont come poor Allen will be haunted by scissors."

"Were going." Allen said finally.

***

The Crusade arrived in Orgala. It was not far from Fanelia or Asturia.

Hitomi looked toward the winged guymelef a girl jumped out of it. She was probably her height. She was built like an athleate, unlike her Hicoria was built like one of the manicans at sport stores. Just perfect. She was wearing a long petticoat that reached to her ankles. It was brown like her pants. Her hair was a chocolate brown color. She had a sword at her side.

Celena walked over to Hitomi.

"Hitomi?" She asked.

"Yeah?" Hitomi said tearing her eyes from the girl.

"I was just wondering if you actually had a dress?"

"No not really."

"Brother wanted me to ask you about that but I have some dresses to let you wear."

"Thanks."

"You must be Hitomi," Said a voice behind them.

"Yes." Hitomi turned. Hicoria was taller than she thought she must be a couple inches taller.

"Hi, Van usually talks endlessly about you. You must be some prize to him to have him talk like he does. But if you excuse me I must get back into the castle."

'PRIZE??!!' Hitomi's mind screamed. 'I am deffinetly going to have a talk with him when I see that boy. But the nerve of that girl. Calling me a PRIZE.'

"Hitomi, are you ok?" Celena brought her back to reality.

"Sorry, Celena lets go see those dresses."

***

Celena was dressed in a golden gown. Its collar was white cotton. (Think of the dress she was wearing at the end of the series) she looked like a golden butterfly. Hicoria had rushed in a while earlier and said it was a masked ball. Then after that hey went down to the sales and bought masks. Celena had bought a butterfly with golden wings to match her dress. Hitomi who was wearing a red dress got a fox's mask to match.

They had learned that Hicoria had gotten a horse's mask and was wearing a brown and leopard print dress.(I dont know where they got the leopard print but hey)

Van and Allen were both wearing black pants and white shirts. Van had picked out a black mask that covered 3/4 of his face and Allen got a bird's mask.

Merle had found an orange dress and found a human's face mask. She got it just to be funny.

Hitomi looked at the redish orange dress she had borrowed from Celena, it had short sleeves and had a slit up to her thigh. The back showed, and the front was a square neck. It made her eyes much brighter than before. She put the fox mask on. It compleated the gown. Celena came in. She looked so pretty in her dress. The butterfly mask was hanging from her neck.

"Here Hitomi I found theses shoes for you, they should match your dress. I got these." Celena showed her the red shoes then the golden ones.

There was a knock at the door. Hicoria was in her gown for the ball. She was holding her mask. "Are you ready girls?" She said. Hitomi pressed on her shoes and knodded her head. Celena did the same.

***

The first dance was done between Allen and Celena, Van had gotten the guts to ask Hitomi, Merle and Hicoria had gotten some one to dance with. After the song was over, Allen asked Hitomi to dance and Celena danced with Celena for the next song.

Celena didnt want to dance with the same person twice so she let her brother dance with some other girl.

Hitomi was snatching orderves from waiters. She walked over and sat next to Celena. Celena looked kinda glum.

"Whats wrong Celena?" Hitomi asked handing the girl a grape.

"It is just that everyone has heard about Allen Shezar's little sister's little accident. And she isn't really ladylike and she has short hair and all this and that. It makes me mad that no one wants to dance with me because of Dilandau." Celena said.

"Yeah it is kinda hard when you have short hair."

"Van is coming over here, go dance with him." Celena said.

"Thanks, I hope some perfect person dances with you tonight." Hitomi said getting up.

"Yeah, I wish someone I know dances with me." Celena said

When moonlight crawls along the street
Chasing away the summer heat
Footsteps outside somewhere below
The world revolves I let it go
We build our church above this street
We practice love between these sheets
The candy sweetness scent of you
It bathes my skin I'm stained by you
And all I have to do is hold you
There's a racing in my heart
I am barely touching you

A minuet passed. Celena got this cold chill when the windows in the ball room flew open. They shut quickly.

Another minuet. Suddenly Celena senced a presence infront of her. She looked up.

It was a man. He looked about her age. His hair was a whiteish gray color. His eyes were red. He had his hand out to her.

Turn the lights down low
Take it off
Let me show
My love for you
Insatiable
Turn me on
Never stop
Wanna taste every drop
My love for you
Insatiable

"May I have this dance?" He asked. He had a half mask on. It covered the left side of his face. His mask was white.

Celena smiled. "Yes." Was all she said.

He ushered her out onto the ball room floor.

The moonlight plays upon your skin
A kiss that lingers takes me in
I fall asleep inside of you
There are no words
There's only truth
Breathe in Breathe out
There is no sound
We move together up and down
We levitate our bodies soar
Our feet don't even touch the floor
And nobody knows you like I do
The world doesn't understand
But I grow stronger in your hands

"You can never escape my love for you." He whispered in her ear. She didn't feel threatened she felt relieved. "Just say our names and we will protect you."

"Dilandau," She opened her eyes, he smiled at her. "Gatti, Chesta, Guimel, Viole, Dallet, Miguel." Each name she said the person changed.Gatti had a sparrow's mask on, Chesta had a canary's, Guimel had a sheep's(hehe), Viole had a regular mask but was made of snake skin, Dallet had a silver 3/4 mask on, and Miguel had a doppleganger's mask on.

Turn the lights down low
Take it off
Let me show
My love for you
Insatiable
Turn me on
Never stop
Wanna taste every drop
My love for you
Insatiable

Allen was watching his sister dance with someone. But the person kept changing. He had blond hair then white again, then black then brown, it all confused him. He started to count the people. Seven. There were six of Dilandau's major slayers one of them he had seen before one looked like the Dragonslayer that had been killed by that doppleganger.

Turn the lights down low
Take it off
Let me show
My love for you
Insatiable
Turn me on
Never stop
Wanna taste every drop
My love for you
Insatiable

Van saw the dancer. He was very curious.

"Hey Hitomi, does that person dancing with Celena look familiar?" Van asked then it changed again.

"I dont know."

We never sleep we're always holdin' hands
Kissin' for hours talkin' makin' plans
I feel like a better man
Just being in the same room
We never sleep there's just so much to do
Too much to say
Can't close my eyes when I'm with you
Insatiable the way I'm loving you

He had turned back to Dilandau. "You are my golden butterfly. You are protected, not behind glass, but behind me." He lowered his head to her.

Allen watched as the person lowered his head to "HIS" sister.

Turn the lights down low
Take it off
Let me show
My love for you
Insatiable
Turn me on
Never stop
Wanna taste every drop
My love for you
Insatiable

Lips touched. A scream emited from the side of the room.

Someone had blown off the doors. A girl with blondish hair looked around. "All this joy was brought along with out moi?" She said.

Someone came up behind her. Dilandau.

Hitomi mentally cursed.

Celena looked around, her Dilandau was gone, this one had made him go away. But Celena was scared now. 'Dont be afraid.' said a voice in her head.

Dilandau(the bad one) looked around. He caught sight of Celena and smiled.

"I think I will kill that girl Celena now, she seems to disapoint me."

"Go on I will make sure the others dont interfear." The girl said pulling out a whip. She snapped it against a table. The table split in two when hit.

Dilandau unscheathed his sword and charged toward Celena. Celena watched him in fear. Just as he swung she cringed in fear. But as he swung an incredible force threw him to the other side of the room. He had dropped his sword. 'Get rid of your pain, free yourself from his bounds.' Celena could of sworn she heard seven voices. She picked up his sword. Though without the help of the Dragonslayers she wouldnt be able to hold up a sword. She walked steadily toward Dilandau. Suddenly Celena felt the sword come out of her hands. Then a crack sounded. Celena looked at her arm. She had a long slit from her shoulder to her elbow. Celena fell to her knees and grasped her hand to her arm. Allen came running for his sister.

Dilandau had gotten up. He motioned to her to leave. He had lost at killing Celena now to retreat and find a new plan.

Celena's eyes glazed over. Her vision blured over. She could see six ghosts in front of her. She raised a hand to them then blacked out.

Celena woken in a bed. She guessed she was at the castle in Orgala still. Allen, Van, Hitomi, Merle, and Hicoria were at her bedside.

"Celena, you ok? You have a lot to explain."

"Back off brother." She bit.

"Celena?" He asked.

"Please if you could leave me be I need to rest. Let me figure things out before I tell anyone anything." She was very moody right now.

"B.." He was cut of by Hitomi.

"Lets leave her to think." Hitomi said winking to Celena.

Celena smiled back.