Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ An Unexpected Ally ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]








~An~Unexpected~Ally~

~Chapter 7~


Dilandau sat in front of the fire, thoughts running through his mind. *Why in the name of Gaea have I saved her life so many times? Who sent that assassian? Will we ever get back to the Vione? What will we find if we do?* He gripped his head, tired of feeling so helpless.

He stood up and walked away towards the waterfall and fell to his knees, staring into the water below him and studying his reflection. He stared closer at the face before him, then gasped in shock as he realized that a woman was looking back at him. He backed away from the water's edge for a moment, then, his curiosity getting the better of him, crawled back over.

Once again, he saw the face of a woman who looked alot like him in an extremely eerie way. She looked identical except for the fact that her hair was a pale blonde, and her eyes were a rich blue. *I've seen you before.* He thought, getting more and more freaked by the second. After a moment, he shook his head and ran his hand over the reflection, the ripples making it vanish. Running his fingers through his silver locks, he glanced at the water, then turned away.

~How foolish. Do you honestly think you can just brush me away like an annoying habit?~ Dilandau jerked around, looking for the source.

"Who the hell is that!?"

~You know exactly who I am, and why you saw my reflection instead of yours.~ He panicked, then gripped his head. *No, not you again. Not again!!!*

"Just leave me ALONE!!!!" He shouted suddenly, startling even himself as he fell to his knees. "Just leave me alone. This is my body. You have no right to be in here!!!!"

~Excuse me? YOU'RE body? I do believe that the sorceres chose MY body to reincarnate you, so technically, if we're talking ownership, then this is MY body, and YOU have no right to be here. Now, just what is going on around here? You claim not to love this Alex woman, yet you are so bent on keeping her alive that I have very strong reason to believe otherwise.~

"I am NOT in love with Alex! I'm having enough trouble convincing myself of that, so I don't need YOU on my back about it."

~You are so cute when you get all riled up about things like this.~ The feminine voice in his head teased.

"Shut up, Celena. You just keep out of this, this doesn't involve you." He stood up, still breathing slightly harder then normal, and headed back to the clearing to check on the fire and Alex, praying to the gods that she was still asleep.

~I wonder what she'll think when she finds out about your little surprise buried in your back.~

"She already knows." He muttered sourly, seeing Alex was still out cold, sitting down by the fire and laying back to stare at the stars.

~What?! What else am I missing out on?~

"Well, one of my wings are broken, Alex's horse is really a unicorn, we went up against a two tailed, twenty foot dragon, in which Black Diamond had to reveal his little surprise to me in order to beat, and the Vione was under attack when we left it. We're somewhere on the borders of Asturia at the moment."

~How did your wing break?~ He closed his eyes, growing frustrated quickly.

"I struck a tree when I turned so I was on the bottom as we fell out of the Vione when it was under attack."

~Awww......you were protecting Alex?~ Dilandau crushed the grass beneath his hand, quickly growing infuriated.

"Of course. What good would she do for me as a Dragon Slayer if she was dead?" He retaliated.

~Oh yes, and if she's a Dragon Slayer, she can be closer to you without anyone suspecting anything.~ Dilandau felt a powerful blush overwhelm him and he turned onto his side.

"Shut up." He muttered, closing his eyes. "Just leave me alone." When he didn't recieve an answer, he took it as a sign that she was going to leave him alone for now and drifted off.



~The~next~day~

Alex woke up and sat up with difficulty, then winced when her side started throbbing hard. She looked around and saw Black Diamond over by the pond, drinking deeply. He finished and shook his magificant head, then wandered off into a field. The fire had gone out, but she felt it was rather hot nevertheless.

Alex looked up at the sky and saw it was a startling blue, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the sun was just finishing it's rise. *So why is it so hot?* She wondered. She forced herself to get to her knees, and realized that Dilandau was still asleep. She stood and looked in the direction the heat seemed to be coming from, and almost fell to her knees in shock. The woods had smoke drifting from the top of them, and she could smell the scent of burning animal flesh.


Dilandau woke up then; Celena's screaming at him to wake up had been successful. He sat up, glanced over at Alex and saw her walk towards the woods. "Alex?" She ignored him and burst into a dash, running into the woods. He gained his feet in lightening speed and ran after her.

Dilandau slowed down after a few miles when he saw flames beginning on both sides of him, and as he went on, they grew bigger. He then caught sight of dead animals throughout the forest, not dead from the fire, (which he was trying extremely hard to ignore), but were mercilessly slaughtered by man. "Probably whoever set the woods on fire." He muttered, looking around for Alex.

He found her a little ways away, on her knees, staring out at the death around her. He got to his knees beside her. "Alex? Alex!" He didn't get a responce, so he looked at her face. He was startled to see her pupils were dialated, and her hands were gripping a bloodstained dagger tightly. "What the hell..."

~It's called having a vision, dumbass!!!~ Celena snapped at him. He blushed slightly, but didn't say anything. Dilandau picked Alex up and headed back towards the campfire, but after the first half mile grew tired, and, not wanting to walk the rest of the way, so instead he whistled as loud as he could. A few minutes later, Black Diamond came into the field, looking thoroughly spooked.

Dilandau swung up onto his back, causing him to start and sidestep a few paces, but Dilandau managed to calm him down. Leaning Alex back against him so he could hold the riens in both hands, he decided that they were not going to head back to the clearing, but instead, should head back to the Zaibach Capital instead.

As Diamond broke out into a gallop, eagar to get away from the flames and death, Dilandau looked down at Alex, who was still in her trance-like state. *I hope she wakes up soon. This state she's in is disturbingly strange.*

~Where are we heading?~

"Think hard, Celena. Where do you THINK?!"

~I was asking a question. No need to bite my head off!!~ Alex's vision must have ended then, because she went limp, and the dagger slipped from her grip, driving itself into Dilandau's leg as it fell. He hissed through his teeth, feeling his blood instantly starting to soak his pant leg.

"Shit, right in my thigh." He groaned, wincing as Diamond's gallop caused the dagger to go in deeper.

When they finally came to a stop, Dilandau jumped down, leaving Alex on Diamond, but his leg buckled under and he fell to one knee. "Damn. Look at that." There was a large streak of blood on Diamond, and a small pool was forming around his leg. He gripped the handle and pulled it out. The blood instantly poured out, causing him to almost collapse. "Well, damn. It broke a vein."

~Then wrap it up, idiot!!! You're gonna die from blood loss if you don't!!~ Celena all but screamed at him, panicking. He closed his eyes, panting, then laughed hoarsely.

"With what? I've already used my undershirt AND Alex's to wrap her wounds. What else am I supposed to use?" He glanced at the hilt of the dagger, and saw a very familiar crest on it.

"You IDIOT!!!" A voice snapped, causing him to jump. He turned and saw Alex jump down from Diamond. "How could you be stupid enough to pull out the dagger?!" She felt like striking him, but knew that wouldn't help him. Alex turned back to Diamond and opened one of the bags on his saddle. Dilandau watched as she unrolled some of the bandages and started to wrap his leg, causing him to hiss as the cloths hit the open wound. "Oh, stop your complaining."

"Why didn't you tell me you had these?' He demanded softly, watching her.

"Isn't it mandatory to have these with you at all times? I thought you of all people would remember that."

"So it slipped my mind, give me a break." He bit his lip as she pulled tighter then neccesary, quickly growing annoyed by his complaining. She used the entire roll, but his blood started to show through anyway.

"We need to get you to a healer, now." She concluded. He snorted.

""I don't need no damn healer." He stood, but he found that he couldn't hold his balance and leaned back against Diamond to keep from falling at Alex's feet.

"Stop being so damn stubborn." She snapped. When he refused to move, she walked over to Diamond and hissed something to him. To Dilandau's shock, he felt Diamond grab him by the back of the shirt and lift him up onto his back. Alex swung up onto Diamond's back, and took off instantly, causing Dilandau to grab her by the waist.

A while later, Alex felt him lean against her back and his grip loosen, so before he fell off, she pulled him out in front of her so that he was leaning back against her, breathing hard, and continued. Alex could feel his blood soaking her leg and knew that she had to move quickly if she wanted to save the warlord's life.



A/N: Uh oh!!! Dilly's in trouble!!!!!! Now it's Alex's turn to save Dilly!!!!!! I know, i know, i'm cruel!!! but hey, that's my job!!!!!!! I am so sorry that I haven't added in a long time, but for once, IT WASN'T MY FAULT!!!!!! fanfiction hasn't been letting me log in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you won't believe how long i've had this and the next chapter written!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i've made my point, so once again, i am truely sorry, even though it wasn't my fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!