Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ An Unexpected Ally ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]



An Unexpected Ally

Epilogue


Alex watched the men carry the coffins that held several Dragon Slayers, her eyes lingering on Miguel's. *I can never thank him enough for buying me time to get to Dilandau.* She thought, holding the hand Dilandau had placed on her shoulder.


Dilandau watched as well, glancing at Alex every now and then.

"I never thought I'd see you in a dress." He whispered softly, causing a weak grin to show on her face.

"Things change."

Alex clutched Miguel's sword to her chest, then stepped forward when the coffins were set down and layed the sword down on Miguel's coffin. Kissing her hand and pressing it against the box, she whispered, "Thanks." then turned back and leaned against Dilandau, taking Diamond's reins from him.

Alex watched the coffins as they picked them up again once everyone had placed something on the coffins, until the other people in the streets blocked them from view. "I wish I'd had time to tell Miguel how much I appreaciate what he did."

"He was doing his job." She looked at him, and though he sounded heartless, she saw a few tears starting. They didn't look out of place on the warlord's face, which surprised her.

"No." She squeezed his hand slightly, then looked at the carriage they were loading the coffins in. "He was doing the same thing I was. He was saving the life of someone he cared about deeply." Dilandau wrapped his arm around her back and leaned his head on her shoulder. Alex thought back to the first day she met Dilandau, and couldn't believe how much he'd changed.

"Do you want to stay a little longer, or are you ready to go back?" He asked. She watched the carriage disappear around the corner.

"Let's head back." He let go of her and they both walked back to the fortress, the horse following close behind. *Wherever you are now, Miguel, thanks.* She thought as Dilandau led her down to her new room.