Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of the Night ❯ New Faces ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A couple Familiar Faces

Night of the Raven here. I know I haven't updated in a while. *gets down on her knees and starts crying* please please forgive me. Since everyone liked my story so well, I'll continue just give me a bit. Oh by the way. I hope you all will check my story out on fiction press.com I'm hoping it'll be good. Thanks to everyone that reviewed. I'm honored that you all took the time to review it. Oh some more of the Characters will show up and I'd like to make some notes. Millerina for the moment is not obsessed with Allen. Sorry folks. She's obsessed with Van. Dilandau is not a bad guy. Sorry again. I am a Dilandau fan and all but he's not a bad guy. By the way there will pry be some huge Allen bashing cause I hate him. Just to warn ya. Ummm Merle will appear later and she will NOT be obsessed with Van too much. Well, on with the show.

****************************************************************** ****************

"Well, boys and girls welcome to the slayers headquarters." said Dryden.

Van snorted.

The building looked very run down. The walls were terrible and the color of sludge. There were a few broken windows as well.

"This is headquarters? This place is a dump."

"Try growing up in it." muttered Hitomi.

"Someone actually lived here? That's stupid." Van said frowning.

"Not everyone has money. Or has a perfect life for that matter." shot back Hitomi.

"Nobody said I had a perfect life."

"Pretty close to it. What else do you need? With money and social status you have everything."

"Money won't bring back my father will it?"

"And you should be thankful for that."

"And why's that Kanzaki? Do you have any idea what it's like to be fatherless? Any idea at all?" he shouted at her.

"Yes I do Fanel." she shouted back. "I know perfectly well what it's like to be fatherless and motherless for that matter. I know how to live on the street and survive in rat holes. I know things that would make your skin crawl."

"Hitomi." said Dryden quietly. "That's enough."

Hitomi rounded on him.

"No it's not enough. It will never be enough until he gets his head out of his ass and finally realizes he's not the only one suffering."

"You best watch it Hitomi. The elders might try to give you a tranquilizer again. You don't like those do you?"

Hitomi shivered.

"No…no I don't."

"Then you best settle down."

Hitomi nodded.

Just then, two trains pulled into the station.

"Look Hitomi, the others are here."

Hitomi yawned, making herself look indifferent.

Out of the first train, a blond haired blue eyed man stepped out. He was wearing a blue ensemble which enlightened his eyes. A sword was strapped to his side as well. Behind him, a blue eyed, blond haired woman walked out. She was wearing…

Hitomi cringed. She was wearing an all hot pink dress.

'That's all we need, a pink eye sore.' she mused to herself. It was enough to make her gag.

A red haired woman stepped out of the second train she was dressed in a black suit almost identical to Hitomis'. Then the most interesting person Hitomi had ever seen stepped out of the train. He had silver hair and red eyes. An albino it seemed. His outfit was pure red. He stood there twirling a dagger around smiling diabolically at the other woman's back.

'Hmmmm……interesting.' thought Hitomi.

"Hitomi." said the blonde man running toward her. "How are you?"

"I'm breathing does that count Allen?" said Hitomi.

The red haired woman ran too.

"Hiya Hitomi." she said grinning.

"Hello Yukari." said Hitomi.

"Are you surprised to see us?"

"No with Allen as the second top slayer and you as third, I knew you two would be here."

The other man and woman joined them. As soon as they did, the woman, Hitomi noticed, was all over Van Fanel. The man sat there still twirling his dagger.

"Hello Van. How has the subjects been treating you?" the woman asked sweetly, to sweetly.

"Fine as of late Millerina." said Van, absently.

"That's good to hear. You are king now. You should have lots of subjects, but you need a queen now. Do you have any candidates?" Millerina inquired.

Hitomi snorted. Van gave her a glowering glance then turned back to Millerina.

"Not yet."

"Oh that's to bad. Somebody will come along soon I'm sure. She maybe even, right under your nose." said Millerina gently flicking his nose.

"Right…"

"Knock it off Millerina, you're making me sick." said the albino.

"Be quiet Dilandau. No one asked for your opinion." Millerina hissed at him.

"I don't care if anyone did or not. I gave it freely. Besides, you better watch your mouth I am ranked higher then you. I am the second most powerful vampire when you are only the third."

"Lord Van will protect me." said Millerina confidently.

"Well Hitomi?"

Hitomi shook her head and turned back to Yukari.

"What?" she asked confused.

"I asked if you were alright. You know about coming back here and all." said Yukari exasperated.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"That's our Hitomi alright." said Allen smiling at her.

"Alright boys and girls let us meet the elders." said Dryden.

All of then filed in one by one, as Dryden led the way. As soon as they entered, screams assaulted Van's ears. Unearthly screams filled with unimaginable terror. The two slayers in front of him were terrified. Van knew that instantly. He could smell it radiating of their skin. Millerina was right in front of him quaking at the sounds. Dilandau was even a little unnerved. The biggest surprise was when he looked back at Hitomi. She was completely unaffected by it. He couldn't smell any terror nor did she looked uneasy.

"What are those sounds?" asked Millerina.

"Vampires." Hitomi answered quietly.

"Vampires?"

"They bring vampires here to experiment on or sometimes torture. You get used to it after a while."

Van was definitely sure he didn't want to get used to it. Not at all.

"Afraid Fanel?" asked Hitomi. He could hear the smirk in her words.

"No, not at all." said Van. "Though I wonder why you are not."

"Like I said you get used to it."

Van turned around to look at her. She had a haunted look I her eyes. Van decided to leave her alone and let her deal with her own ghosts.

He turned back around and decided to study the walls. He wished he hadn't. They were gray steel. He could see dark blood stains on them. This definitely wasn't a good place for a vampire.

They reached the end of the hallway, where a large wooden door stood.

"Alright, is everyone ready?" Dryden looked around. "Who wants to go in first?"

No one answered.

The silence was broken by the sound of Hitomi's boots on the concrete floor as she walked in. Not wanting to be bested by her, Van followed. Soon the rest did as well.

The room was completely red. It was probably the best room in the building. The curtains were what appeared to be red silk. The walls has different symbols printed on them. There was a huge table in the room where four elder men already sat.

"What are all those symbols for?" asked Van.

"Maybe some anti-vampire thing." aid Millerina.

Van let out a crude sound.

"If they are then they're doing a great job of it." he said sarcastically.

"They stand for all of the slayer houses. Each house has a symbol. That's how you recognize what slayer is from what house." answered Hitomi.

"Still what do you do look at the weapons of each slayer?" asked Millerina.

"No."

"Then how do you know who is from what?"

"They're tattooed on each person from the house."

The elder sitting at the head of the table stood up.

"Welcome. Please have a seat." he said gesturing to the chairs all down the table.

The slayers all sat down on one side while the vampires sat on the other. Van then Millerina then Dilandau. While on the other side, Hitomi then Allen then Yukari.

As soon as Hitomi sat down, she leaned back her chair so it balanced on two legs. She then took out her dagger and started balancing it on her nose. She was obviously VERY bored already.

The elder looked at everyone in turns. His eyes rested on the vampires with mild disgust. Then a mild smile lit his age old eyes as he looked at Allen and Yukari. However, when he looked at Hitomi, he openly showed absolute loathing.

'Well that's interesting.' Van thought. 'I wonder what that's about.'

"Well now, let us all introduce ourselves and our ranking." said the elder.

Yukari stood up.

"Yukari Uchida third class vampire slayer at your service."

Millerina stood up next.

"Millerina Aston third class vampire."

Allen stood up.

"Allen Ceaily. Second class vampire hunter." ((I'm sorry I do not know Allen's last name. Heck I've never even seen the Visions of Escaflowne. I just love the fanfics and the movie. So bear with me people))

Next came Dilandau.

"Dilandau Albatou. Second class vampire."

Everyone looked around expecting Hitomi to introduce herself. She was still in her same position oblivious to everything.

"You're up Hitomi." whispered Allen.

Hitomi took the dagger off her nose and balanced it on her finger. She yawned once.

"Hitomi Kanzaki, a.k.a The Huntress. First ranking vampire slayer."

"Van Fanel or the Prince of Darkness or Lord Van. First class vampire." he said without standing.

"Very good." said the elder. "You may all take a seat now."

Everyone sat down as the elder circled around the table.

"Now down to business."

"What exactly is this all about?" asked Hitomi.

"I'm glad you asked. Someone or something is killing off vampires, humans, werewolves, and even a couple hunters. It is totally unacceptable. Something must be done and fast."

"Where are the werewolves in all of this?" asked Hitomi.

"As you know, they are peaceful creatures. They asked as to take care of it as we see fit."

"And this creature," said Van, "Do we know anything about it?"

"We know he looks like a human."

"As we all do." sighed Hitomi. "Just great."

"So what do you want us to do about this?" asked Yukari.

"Well, we will pair you six into groups. Each group will look for information. Each vampire to one slayer and visa versa."

Hitomi stopped balancing her dagger.

"That'll never work." she mumbled.

"Is there something you wish to share?" asked the old man glaring in Hitomi's direction.

"This will never work." she said louder this time.

"Why not?" asked one of the elders.

"What do you mean why not? Vampires and slayers have been and always will be enemies. There is no way we'd ever work together. It's insane."

"Not true." said the elder. "If the vampires recognize the seriousness of the issue, they will cooperate."

"Do you really think they would recognize the seriousness of the situation? They are so dense." Hitomi said matter of-factly.

Van stood up.

"I think we understand the seriousness of the issue. Maybe it's the slayers who don't understand. Besides, they may be a little pig headed for that matter, like a certain slayer we all love to hate."

Hitomi sent him an evil glare.

"We understand the seriousness of the issue, and would love to work with the vampires. Though they are pompous, arrogant, egotistical ass holes. With no life, other then destroy peoples lives." Hitomi shot back, her temper getting the best of her.

Van's eyes shot daggers at her.

"Good now that that's settled, we need to pair everyone up."

This was the part that made Yukari and Allen very apprehensive. Teaming up with a vampire was crazy but then they took a look at Hitomi. She was still leaning back in her chair, looking as if she didn't have a care in the world.

"Yukari will be with… Dilandau."

Yukari nervously looked over at Dilandau. He smirked at her still holding his dagger.

"Allen will be with Millerina."

Millerina wrinkled her nose in disgust at Allen.

"Which leaves Hitomi and Van."

Hitomi leaned back in her chair a little too far at this declaration, making it fall to the floor.

"Come again." said Hitomi. "I could of sworn I heard you say that Fanel and I are working together."

"You did." the elder stated calmly.

"You've got to be kidding me!"

"Why the two of us?" asked Van calmly. "Everyone knows we're not the most chummy of people."

"Both of you are first class besides, you are the only ones that can handle the two of you. You both have a lot in common you know. You're stubborn and hard to handle."

"You think I can handle a hot head like her?"

"I'm sure you'll manage. Besides, from what I hear you have a bad temper too. Almost as bad as her."

Van sighed.

"How do you know we won't kill each other?" he asked finally.

"You haven't managed to yet."

"You're crazy if you think they'll be able to work together." said Yukari. "I can't even believe you idiots even considered this."

"Let it go Yukari." Hitomi said quietly.

"Now that that's settled, we'll confirm it on a blood pack." said the elder.
"A blood pack? Won't that conflict up our auras?" asked Allen.

"No. That's just to make sure that you guys don't go back on your promise to commit. Of course, it will hurt a little bit."

"We figured that. Our auras a designed to act up and clash even when we just touch. That's why some people wear gloves." Van stated.

"In any case, you must make a blood pack."

"No way, that's going a bit too far." said Yukari.

Hitomi took off her left black leather glove.

"Hitomi?" asked Allen looking at her. "What are you doing?"

She silently walked over to Van.

"Do you have a knife? My dagger wasn't made to make a clean cut."

Van was completely stunned.

"Uhhh….yeah."

Van reached into his pocket and pulled out a knife. He took off his brown leather glove on his right hand, and held the knife to it. In one swipe, he made a gash horizontally across his palm.

Hitomi looked down at her own palm. There was already a scar from so long ago slashed horizontally across her palm. She brushed thoughts from that night quickly from her mind. Then she took Van's knife and cut along the scar. Her pure blood started to drench her palm. She was trying to restrain herself from shaking as she relived the memories of that terrible night from so long ago. She could actually hear her mothers screams, her brothers shouts, and the drips of her fathers blood as he lay dead a few feet from her.

Van saw Hitomi's expression change several times. From cool and collected to angry and frightened. He had never seen such an expression on anyone before.

"Kanzaki, are you alright?" he asked a little concerned. No one but no one should have that kind of expression on their face.

Yukari walked up to her.

"Snap out of it Hitomi! The past is dead, you avenged your parents. You avenged what he did to you!" Yukari shouted shaking her frantically.

Hitomi shook her head.

"Wha…." she started.

"You alright?"

"Yeah what was I doing?"

"You were about to make a blood pack."

"Oh right sorry."

**************************************************************** ******************

that's all for now guys. I know it kinda sucked but I had to introduce all of the characters. It'll be better next time. Well tell me what you thought. Should I go on? Yay or nay.