Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Angel ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 7

Angel looked around. Something was wrong. One minute she was walking with her friends, the next she was in the middle of a battle. There were men running around with swords and large claw like things that were appearing out of thin air and impaling people. And everything was on fire.

"Princess! Look out!" Angel had just enough time to turn around before a large man pushed her to the ground and covered her with his body. She tried to get up but the man just pushed her down. "No Princess. Stay down. I can't let you get-" He was cut off and Angel found she was no longer pinned.

A large explosion threw Angel to the side where she was caught in someone's arms. She looked to see who it was and screamed. It was the man who had pinned her. His eyes were partially glazed over and a trickle of blood ran out of the corner of his mouth. Worst of all was the large gaping hole in his chest. Angel could feel the blood seeping into the back of her jacket. Angel was really trying hard to not throw up.

"Don't worry…Princess." He said, his voice gurgling through blood. "I'll…save…you."

His body went limp and Angel knew he was dead.

Angel backed away and tripped over something. It was her bag. She grabbed it and held it close. It was the only thing that made sense in this crazy place and she didn't want to lose it.

Angel slung her bag over her shoulder and got up to run when she was lifted off the ground by a red and silver claw.

"I never knew there was a princess of Fanelia." A young man's voice came from behind the claw. "But if that bumpkin samurai died for her, then there must be. And you're her."

"What are you talking about?" Angel yelled as she struggled to get free.

"Hmmm…Folken was the prince of Fanelia. So…that would make this girl his sister."

As the voice talked on, Angel managed to wiggle out of the claws grasp. The voice let out a startled yell as she dropped to the ground.

"Hey! Get back here!" The claw reached for her but she ducked behind a piece of a destroyed wall. "Chesta!"

"Lord Dilandau?" Another voice joined the first.

"Get that girl!" The voice, Lord Dilandau, cried.

"Yes sir." Another claw appeared and reached for Angel. It moved the piece of wall and picked her up. "I have her, Lord Dilandau."

"Good. Do with her what you like, but keep her alive."

"Yes sir." The claw slowly moved away and off the battlefield, Angel yelling in protest the entire way.

When the got to the edge of a forest they stopped. The air around the claw shimmered and a large robot-like thing appeared. It had out of proportion shoulders and arms. Each shoulder had a blue stone set in it. It was blue and grey with a black cape that seemed to be able to wrap around it.

The front part, just below what appeared to be the head, opened, and a young boy stepped out. He had bright blue eyes and blond hair in a pageboy cut. He was wearing tight black pants and long, black and blue armour.

"Please, miss," he said, almost pleading. "Please be quiet."

"Okay, look. I'm being held in a claw belonging to a giant robot-"

"Guymelef."

"What?"

"It's called a Guymelef. Not a…robot." Chesta said timidly.

"Fine! I'm being held by a Guymelef in a forest outside a burning city, which wasn't there earlier, and I've been pushed down, thrown around, dropped, seen more dead and dying people than I ever wanted, I'm dirty, thirsty, covered in blood, my hair's a mess and it's my birthday so I should be with my friends and having fun!" Angel was mad. She was very mad and poor Chesta knew it. And, being Chesta, he had to try to make her happy.

"B-b-but please miss-"

"But nothing. You are going to put me down-"

"Chesta!" Another Guymelef walked up. "Lord Dilandau's been ordered back. He says to bring the girl."

"Oh, Dalet, can't you take her? You're better with girls than I am."

"Ah, so true. But, Lord Dilandau wants you to bring her so you're going to bring her."

"Fine. But what am I supposed to do with the girl?"

"How should I know? Did Lord Dilandau tell you to not harm her?"

"No, just to keep her alive."

"So knock her out."

"But she's just a girl."

"So?"

"So, I can't hit a girl."

"Yes you can. Here," Angel heard someone, she assumed Dalet, jump to the ground, probably from his Guymelef. But from her angle she couldn't see. "It's easy. All you have to do is hit her in the side of the head with the hilt of your sword at a 45° angle." Angel felt something hard hit her and her world faded to black. "Like that."

"Dalet! You didn't have to hit her!" Chesta yelled, panicking.

"Well, you wanted her to be quiet." Dalet decided to put up his last defence. "And Lord Dilandau will be in a better mood if the girl isn't yelling at us the whole way home."

"Fine," Chesta replied grumpily. "But if Lord Dilandau asks, it was you who hit her."

"Fine by me." With that the two boys jumped into their Guymelefs and flew away, Angel still in Chesta's claw.

Angel felt a jolt. There were voices. So many voices. They hurt her head, which was now pounding. Sleep. Sleep would be nice. No. I have to see where I am. Make sure it was all a dream. She struggled to open her eyes. But before she could she felt another jolt and was falling. Her mind told her to twist around so she could land somewhat on her feet, but her body wouldn't listen. Luckily someone caught her, though they held her awkwardly, as though they had never held someone.

"Who's this?" A voice cut through the fog. Angel opened her eyes slightly. All around her she saw faces. She recognized the boy holding her. Chesta? Was that his name?

"Why, Folken. Don't you recognize your own sister?" Angel's eyes moved towards the mocking voice. Her vision was blurry and she could only make out the outline of someone with grey hair wearing red and black.

"My sister?!" Angel tried to look at the speaker, but her body cried out in pain when she tried to move. "We will talk about this later, Dilandau. Take her to my room until she wakes. Tell Naria and Eriya to watch her." Angel heard the person walk away.

"Chesta, take her to Folken's room." Dilandau said, disgust in his voice as he spoke of this Folken person. "And," his voice softened. "Be careful. I don't want her to get hurt."

"Yes Lord Dilandau"

"And find those girls. Give them Folken's orders." His voice got hard again.

"Yes Lord Dilandau."

"Well? GO!" Angel heard the sound of flesh hitting flesh and felt herself falling again.

Only one thought crossed her mind before she passed out. What's going on?

Angel was jolted awake by two voices talking.

"Why are we watching this girl?" A girl, Angel decided.

"Because Lord Folken said so." The other voice was almost identical to the other.

"Be quiet! She's waking up!"

Angel sighed. She had been hoping to get some more sleep. With that dream she had had, she was dead tired. And maybe whoever was talking would have something for her headache.

Angel opened her eyes and screamed.