Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Dilandau's Hell ❯ Chapter 1 ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I thought this would be fun to write so I wrote it. It's not done. I'll have the next chapter up as soon as I can, otherwise, enjoy it k?!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~

Van: Dilandau has been causing terror for all of us for weeks now. Don't you think he needs to stop and take a vacation for himself and us too? PLEASE GOD GO ON VACATION!

The entire cast of Escaflowne is sitting in the studio of the set. For the exception of Dilandau, every seems to be having a decent conversation. The conversation takes on the subject of Dilandau. Dilandau finally joins the cast as everyone becomes silent when he takes a sit.

Dilandau: Why'd everyone get so quiet all of a sudden?

No one answers. Dilandau then occupies himself by looking around. He then spots Van staring at him.

Dilandau: WHAT?!

Van: Oh, nothing.

Dilandau: Tell me or I'll use my flame-thrower. You don't want me to use it do you?

Van: Go on vacation.

Dilandau: What?! Why?

Van: Have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately? You look as pale as my wings.

Dilandau: No I don't. And why do you say that?

Hitomi: Well, 1) you don't get enough sun and 2) when you go outside, you go out in your Guymelef. If that doesn't give you the reason why then I don't know what will.

Dilandau: Well, I don't always go out in my Guymelef. Like there's that one time where I went and talked to Allen. I wasn't in my Guymelef then.

Van: Doesn't matter. You need to get a tan. Go to Florida or something.

Dryden: Hey. I have a beach house down there. You can stay in it if you'd like.

Dilandau: If it makes you happy, I'll go then. But don't expect me to have fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dilanda u is seen lying on a towel trying to get some rays. He is wearing red swim trunks with flames along the hem.

Dilandau: Ow! Ow! How do you expect me to catch some rays if I get blisters on my skin when I stand in the sunlight for a few seconds. JAJUKA!! JAJUKA!! Wait, he didn't come with me to Florida. No Dragonslayers?! I'm all alone!! I'm getting out of the sun! Ow! Ow! MY FEET!!

Dilandau with no sandals walks on to the sand to get to the porch of Dryden's beach house.

Dilandau: I don't even know why I agreed to go on this stupid vacation. Jajuka, where are you when I need you?

Dilandau opens the screen door and goes to the refrigerator to get a drink of vino. He takes his drink and sits at a table. Dilandau sits back and lies in the comfortable chair.

Dilandau: You know, it's not that bad being on vacation. At least I don't have insolent fools who wreck guymelefs left and right around. Ah not bad inside, but outside is murder.

Dilandau sits up and starts to think on the activities ahead.

Dilandau: Now that I'm here, what am I going to do? Let's see I could go for a..... no, that involves water. Umm, let's see... n-o-t-h-i-n-g to do. I'm BORED!! Hah! I know.

Dilandau rushes out of the beach house with his flame-thrower this time with sandals on and races to find a piece of drift wood. He spots a huge piece.

Dilandau: Yes! PERFECT!

Dilandau takes his flame-thrower and starts a fire on the wood then pushes it out to sea.

Dilandau: YEAH! BURN BABY BURN!!

Suddenly a huge wave comes.

Dilandau: No! Come back later! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The huge wave crashes on the burning drift wood putting it out. Dilandau, disappointed takes his flame-thrower and returns to the house.

Dilandau: Why? Why did that huge wave have to come and ruin my fun? WHY?! I'm a Pyromaniac, I need to have some kind of fun.

Dilandau reaches the house and goes in.

Dilandau: Now what do I do? No Dragon Slayers to boss around. BORING!! I shouldn't have agreed to go on this STUPID vacation. I'm calling Jajuka.

Dilandau takes the phone and dials Jajuka's number. It starts to ring.

Dilandau: One ring...Two rings...Three rings....Damn it. He better pick up before the fifth ring.

Someone picks up.

Voice: H-Hello?

Dilandau: This is Lord Dilandau. Is Jajuka there?

Voice: Please hold Lord Dilandau, I'll go get him.

The person goes and finds Jajuka.

Dilandau: What is taking so long?!! How long does it take to beckon someone?!!

Jajuka picks up the phone.

Jajuka: Yes Lord Dilandau?

Dilandau: It's BORING over here. I'm returning.

Jajuka: I'm afraid I can't allow that Lord Dilandau.

Dilandau: AND WHY NOT??!!!

Jajuka: Lord Folken has ordered all the Dragon Slayers not to let you come back.

Dilandau: He did really?!

Jajuka: Yes Lord Dilandau.

Dilandau: FINE! BUT I'M WARNING ALL OF YOU THAT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG WHILE I AM GONE, EVERYONE'S GOING TO WISH THAT THEY DIDN'T KNOW ME!!!!!!!!

Jajuka: Yes Lord Dilandau.

Dilandau: Goodbye Jajuka.

Dilandau hangs up the phone. He is full of anger that he cannot return to Zaibach. Then Dilandau hears a knock at the door.

Dilandau: WHO IS IT?!! WHAT DO YOU WANT?!!

No one answers. Dilandau reaches the door and opens it to a young, tall man in about his 20's. He is carrying a case of something.

Dilandau: Yeah...What is it?

Man: Hello, my name's Kodo. I'm here to tell you about this wonderful product called 'Shaney'. It..

Dilandau: I'm not interested, now go away.

Kodo: But...but....

Dilandau shuts the door. A knock is heard again.

Dilandau: I thought I TOLD YOU THAT I'M NOT INTERESTED!!!!

Kodo: But sir. If I could just..

Dilandau: GO AWAY!! If you don't I'll use my flame-thrower. You don't want that to happen. (I do anyways).

Kodo: But sir.

Dilandau: THAT'S IT!!!!! I WARNED YOU!! YOU CAUGHT ME ON A BAD DAY!!!!

Dilandau grabs his flame-thrower and swings open the door. No one is there.

Dilandau: Ha! That's better. AND DON'T COME BACK !!!!

Dilandau shuts the door and sets his flame-thrower back down. He then goes to the chair he was relaxing in earlier.

Dilandau: This is the worst vacation ever! Even though I haven't been on any others, but still....BORED!

Dilandau picks up a brochure that is on the living room table.

Dilandau: Huh? What's this?

Dilandau reads it.

Dilandau: 'Enjoy the fun in the sun without being in the sun! Have you ever wanted that perfect tan? Come visit Tan Saloon. What the hell? Oh, this is where you get tans. I don't know. . . Nah! I can get a natural tan. What's the price though?

Dilandau reads the brochure some more.

Dilandau: $30 dollars!!! Hah! No way! Are you kidding me??!!!

Dilandau rips up the brochure and throws it around the room.

Dilandau: What time is it?

Dilandau looks for the clock. He can't find one.

Dilandau: Where the hell is a clock around here??!!

Dilandau walks around the beach house looking for a clock. He walks into the master bedroom.

Dilandau: Hah! There's one..5:00pm. Hmmmm That late already.

Dilandau suddenly gets a chill.

Dilandau: Brrrrrrrrr....It's cold.

Dilandau goes to the living room to the fireplace.

Dilandau: I'm going to start a fire. OOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! FIRE!!!

Dilandau starts a fire but forgets to open the hatch that let's the smoke out. The fire starts to go. Smoke builds up and Dilandau freaks out.

Dilandau: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!! SSSSSSSMMMMMOOOOOKKKKKEEEEE!!!! What did I do to deserve this?! OH..Yeah huh.

Dilandau realizes that he didn't open the hatch so he opens it. Then he opens a couple of windows and doors so the smoke detector won't go off.

Dilandau: That's better.

Dilandau shuts all the windows and doors back up. A knock is heard at the door.

Dilandau: What is it now? Who is it?!

Dilandau opens the door.

Shesta: H-Hello sir.

Dilandau: What are you doing here?! ANWSER ME!!!

Shesta: L-Lord Folken ordered me to come, sir.

Dilandau: WHY?!!

Shesta: (I don't want to tell him the real reason. Lord Folken wanted me to watch him.)

Dilandau: SHESTA!! ANSWER ME!!

Shesta: Lord Folken thought that you would need company, sir.

Dilandau: Then why didn't he send Jajuka?

Shesta: Jajuka was too busy to go on a trip, sir.

Dilandau: Hmph! Fine! Come in. But I'm not going to treat you any different.

Shesta: Yes, Lord Dilandau.

Shesta comes in and Dilandau shuts the door behind him. Dilandau then shows Shesta to his room then leaves. It is about 12:00am so Dilandau decides to go to sleep. The next morning, he wakes up. He gets dressed in a fire red shirt and black pants. Dilandau then walks out and to Shesta's room. He opens the door.

Dilandau: Don't get too comfortable. You hear me?!

Shesta: Yes Lord Dilandau.

Dilandau: Good. I'm going out for a while. I'll be back when I want.

Shesta: Yes Lord Dilandau.

Dilandau heads out the door leaving Shesta by himself.

Shesta: What can I do while Lord Dilandau is gone? Hmmm....

Shesta hears a knock at the door.

Shesta: Who is it?

Voice: Please don't hurt me. I just w-want t-to sell you some i-items.

Shesta: Hurt you? Shesta opens the door to Kodo from before.

Kodo: Oh...you're not 'him'. Thank God.

Shesta: Who's 'him'? Oh.. You mean Lord Dilandau. He's not here.

Kodo: Really? Phew! Last time I came here to sell items, he threaten to flame me with his.

Shesta: Flame-thrower. Yeah. He's fond of it. Never puts it down. Oh..Please come in.

Kodo: Are you sure?

Shesta: Of course.

Kodo: A-Alright.

Kodo comes into the beach house. Shesta closes the door and escorts Kodo to a seat.

Shesta: Drink?

Kodo: Sure. Umm..Do you have vino?

Shesta: Of course. Its Lord Dilandau's favorite. Make yourself at home.

Kodo: Thank you.

Shesta goes to the kitchen and fetches two glasses of vino for himself and Kodo.

Shesta: Here. Now, what are you selling?

Kodo: Oh, well I'm selling this product.. A noise is heard outside.

Shesta: Does it all the time. Go on.

Kodo: Called 'Shaney'. It's the best around.

Shesta: What does it do?

Kodo: It..!

Dilandau bursts through the door.

Dilandau: WHY IS HE HERE??!!!

Shesta: Lord Dilandau!!

Shesta gets down on his knees.

Shesta: Forgive me.

Dilandau: OUT!! OUT!! GET OUT!!!

Kodo grabs his case and rushes out the door.

Dilandau: DON'T COME BACK AGAIN!! OR I WILL USE MY FLAME-THROWER!!!!

Dilandau slams the door shut. His angry eyes focus on Shesta.

Shesta: Forgive me, Lord Dilandau.

Dilandau: INSOLENT FOOL!

Dilandau slaps Shesta. Shesta hurt, gets up on his knees again.

Shesta: I am sorry Lord Dilandau.

Dilandau: Your pity does nothing! GO!

Shesta bows a last time and goes to his room with his pride broken.

Dilandau: A Dragon Slayer with no shame. Hmp!

Dilandau goes to his room and shuts the door.

Dilandau: Sooooooo tired. I'm going to take a nap. Shesta better watch what he does next time.

Dilandau sets his head on his pillow and drifts off to sleep.

Dilandau wakes to the sound of his alarm clock beeping. Groggy and annoyed by the sound of the clock, Dilandau picks it up and throws it across the room. The silence was heavenly and he drifted back to sleep, only to be disturbed by Shesta knocking at the door.

Shesta: Lord Dilandau? Are you okay?

Dilandau: Shut up! Leave me alone I'm trying to sleep.

Shesta: B-But I heard a noise...

Dilandau: Just ignore it! Now go away!!

Shesta: B-But.....

Dilandau: NOW!!

Shesta leaves for his room but suddenly gets the idea to make breakfast.

Shesta: If I make breakfast, maybe he'll forgive me for yesterday.

Shesta heads for the kitchen towards the refrigerator to see what he can make.

Shesta: Hmmm.....what can I make?....I KNOW!!

Shesta shuffles through the items and picks out the ingredients he needs. He then spreads the items across the counter and begins to prepare breakfast. A half an hour later, a plate full of pancakes (some burnt) is on the dining table with a set of plates and utensils neatly arranged. Shesta: That should do it. Shesta then hears the door of Dilandau's room open. A groggy and sleepy Dilandau walks out with his silk red pajamas on.

Dilandau: SHESTA!! What are you doing?

Shesta: Making breakfast...hungry?

Dilandau: Well, yeah..a little.

Shesta: Good, cause I made plenty.

Dilandau heads to the dining table and sees the arrangement of pancakes and eggs.

Dilandau: What is this for?

Shesta: Hmm? What?

Dilandau: WHAT IS THIS FOR????!!!!

Shesta: Oh..nothing..

Dilandau: Is it for yesterday, and if it is, it's not working.

Shesta: Yes..

Dilandau: I knew it! Why do I have to be cursed with such stupid Dragonslayers?

Shesta: Don't know sir.

Dilandau: I didn't ask you..URGH!!

Dilandau returns to his room for a few minutes then comes out dressed to go somewhere.

Shesta: Where are you going sir?

Dilandau: Out.

Dilandau leaves. He starts to walk down the beach to find something to do.

Dilandau: Why?? Why??

Dilandau suddenly comes across a familiar face.

Dilandau: Why are you here?

Van: Just came to check how you are doing.

Dilandau: Why??

Van: Folken asked me to. He said that I better make sure that you haven't lit anything on fire yet.

Dilandau: FOLKEN!!! ARGH!!!

*Van: It was his idea.

Dilandau: And you happened to follow it?!

Van: Well...yeah. He's my brother and he asked me to.

Dilandau throws a hand in the air and starts heading back towards the house. Van follows.

Dilandau: Don't follow me.

Van: Why not?

Dilandau: Cause I don't need you here. I'm perfectly fine.

Van looks at him like he's not going anywhere.

Dilandau: *still walking* And why you are at it, you can take Shesta with you.

Van: I'm not going anywhere. *continues following*

Dilandau: *stops* Oh?

Van: Yep.

Dilandau: ARGH! *continues walking*

Van follows him back to the house. Dilandau walks in. Shesta is cleaning the kitchen after the mess he made trying to cook breakfast.

Shesta: Hello Lord Dilandau.

Dilandau: *grunts in frustration*

Van: Hey Shesta. How are you?

Shesta: Van? What are you doing here?

Van: Just paying a visit.

Shesta: Oh, well that's good.

Dilandau gives Shesta a hard glance. Shesta immediately shuts up and goes back to his work.

Van: Gee...Anger Management.

Dilandau: Shut up! I do not have anger management!

Van: *shaking his head* Yes you do.

Dilandau gets even more frustrated and heads to his room. He slams the door closed. Shesta jumps alittle at the sound.

Van: *shaking head still* *walks over to the counter* So how have you been Shesta?

Shesta: *turns to him* I've been fine. Alittle bruised but ok.

Van: Bruised?

Shesta: Yeah. I disobeyed Lord Dilandau's orders.

Van: What did you do?

Shesta: I let someone in the house while he was gone.

Van: That's not a big deal.

Shesta: To Lord Dilandau it is.

Van: You follow him to the bone don't you?

Shesta: I have to or else.

Van: Or else what?

Shesta: Or else I'll be killed.

Van stares at Shesta a moment before moving to the living room and sitting down. Shesta finishes his job. Van sits and looks around.

Van: This place is great.

Shesta: Yeah. It has bigger rooms then the ones on the Vionne. 3 times as big.

Van: I bet. I ahve a question though. Do you all have to share the same room or do you get seperate quarters?

Shesta: Well, we get seperate quarters, but they are very small.

Van: That must suck.

Shesta: Not really. It's either that or no room at all.

Van looks at Shesta. He stands and walks over to the couch to lay down.

Van: Mind if I stay the night?

Shesta: Well, I don't know if...

Van: 'If Lord Dilandau would accept.' I'll leave before he wakes.

Shesta: Alright.

Van closes his eyes and goes to sleep. Shesta puts things away then heads to his room for a nap. Dilandau comes out a few minutes later. He walks out into the living room and sees Van sleeping.

Dilandau: GET THE HELL UP!!

Van wakes up startled.

Dilandau: You are NOT staying here!!

Van: Where else am I suppose to go?

Dilandau: A hotel!

Van: Fine. Be rude then.

Dilandau: It's in my nature to!!

Van gets up and walks to the door.

Van: Well you need to chill out alittle now and then.

Dilandau: Don't TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!

Van yawns and opens the door. He walks out closing the door behind him.

Dilandau: Baka.

Dilandau heads back to his room to take a nap. (((((~~A couple of hours later, Van returns with a brown paper bag in his hand. He heads in and goes straight for the couch.

Van: Time for some serious Z's.

Van lies down and falls asleep a few moments later. All the while, Shesta wakes up to the noise.

Shesta: *yawns* I hope that wasn't an intruder, or else I'll have to deal with them.

Shesta walks out looking around to make sure no one jumps out at him. He goes to the living room and sees Van asleep on the couch.

Shesta: Oh, I guess it must've been him.

Shesta starts to turn back but catches a glimpse of the paper bag. He thinks to himself.

Shesta: I wonder why Van has a bag with him....hmmmm....wonder if it's something important. *thinks some more* I should be able to take one peek right?

Shesta walks over to the table that has the paper bag on it. He starts to reach it and almost succeeds when suddenly Van's hand catches his.

Van: What do you think you are doing Shesta?

Shesta: Well...I...uh...I just..wanted to see what was in the...uh...bag.

Shesta looks to the bag then back at Van. Van let's go of Shesta's hand.

Van: No. No way you're going to see what's in it. Not even Dilandau. Now just leave it be and go back to bed. *yawns*

Shesta: Please?

Van shakes his head no. Shesta disappointed turns and heads back to his room. He thinks of the possibilities that could be in that brown paper bag. Shesta goes back to sleep. Van does the same. Another hour later, Dilandau wakes up to his annoying clock again.

Dilandau: ARGH!! *holding clock* How do you turn off this frickin' thing?!!

Dilandau holds up the clock and is about to throw it against the wall for the millionth time when a knock disrupts him.

Dilandau: What do you want Shesta?!!

Van: It's not Shesta. What the hell are you doing in there?

Dilandau: Why should I tell you?

Van: I was just wondering.

Dilandau looks at the door for a few seconds. He puts the clock down and goes to open the door. He opens it to Van.

Dilandau: Well, you shouldn't be wondering. And why the hell are YOU STILL HERE?!

Van: Where else am I going to go? Besides, I'm doing a favor for you.

Dilandau: Hah! A favor?! By what?! Staying here and tormenting me?!

Van: No, by keeping you out of jail.

Dilandau glares at him for a long while.

Dilandau: Hmph!

Dilandau closes the door again. Van walks back into the living room shaking his head.

Van: He needs some anger management BADLY!

Van laughs to himself as he sits on the couch. Shesta wakes up and walks out to the kitchen. Van lays down and stares at the ceiling.

Van: You really don't have to listen to him you know.....

Shesta: I know that...but I've taken an oath that can't be broken.

Van: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Forget about the oath. What would you do if you didn't have to stay here?

Shesta: Forget the oath?

Van: Nevermind that. What would you do?

Shesta: Well....I'd go and visit my mom in Asturia. It's been a long time since I've seen her. I miss her....that and I'd see....

Shesta stops the sentence and blushes.

Van: There's a girl huh?

Shesta nods his head.

Van: Who?

Shesta: Her name is Calisto. She's very pretty...and I was going to tell her that I liked her before I left...but...she was out of town that day...

Shesta sighs.

Van: I see...that's too bad.

Shesta: What about you...? Do you have a girlfriend?

Van: No....

Van becomes silent. His thoughts go to Hitomi.

Shesta: I thought you and Hitomi were together.

Van: Nope. I wish we were, but she's always busy and she'll never have time for me.

Shesta sits in one of the chairs.

Van: But enough about that!

Van sits up.

Van: How long have you been here anyway?

Shesta: About a week...

Van: I see...

Shesta: Yeah.

Van stands and goes into the kitchen to get something to drink. Shesta stands also and heads back to his room.

Shesta: I'll talk to you later

Van: Alright. Night.

Shesta: Night.

Shesta goes to his room and shuts the door. He goes back to sleep. Van takes a sip of his drink and sits back on the couch. Dilandau's door opens and he steps out.

Dilandau: *mumbles* People in this house don't know anything about being quiet.

Van shakes his head.

Van: What do you mean people? You're one too.

Dilandau: I'm an exception!

Van: *under his breath* Idiot...

Dilandau: What DID YOU SAY??!!

Van: Obvious.

Van closes his eyes and thinks. Dilandau glares at him then walks into the kitchen for something to eat.

Dilandau: There's nothing to eat!!

Van: Shut up! People are trying to sleep!

Dilandau glares at the couch.

Dilandau: I wouldn't say that if I were you!

Van: What are you going to do? Slap me?

Dilandau stands behind the couch.

Dilandau: No! Worse!

Dilandau reaches for his sword at his side, but it isn't there.

Van: Hahaha

Dilandau: You're lucky this time! I'm warning you!!!

Van: Ouuu! I'm scared. Hahaha.

Dilandau grabs him by the collar and holds him up.

Dilandau: I MEAN IT!!!!

Van: Alright alright...I got ya..

Dilandau let's Van go with a throw and walks back into his room.

Van: Gee...that guy has some serious problems.

Van straightens his collar and continues his thoughts.








~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Escaflowne.