Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Master ❯ Shock ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dragon Master


By, TigerWolf


Part 3- Shock




After, the signing of the contract, a messenger was sent to Fanelia with a copy. It was morning now, and it should be arriving any moment now. I was looking out the windows of the command room, the same room in witch I chose to become my friends enemy. I spent the night there, and slept maybe a couple of hours in a chair. And had eaten nothing. They offered me a room but I never went to it. Knowing now of being the Dragon Master and betraying my friend, I was up all night thinking of it, and felt no sleep come upon my troubled soul. Some one tapped me on the shoulder, and startled me from my thoughts. It was a Dragon Slayer, in blue. "I am to escort you to breakfast, Lady Maya." He said.
"Then lead the way." I said turning to him, "So who are you."
"I am Miguel." After that we spoke no more, mostly because I showed no sign of wanting to talk. We entered a large room, with a table, at one end two chairs were seated, Dilandau sat in one, and one chair was on the other side. All the dragon slayers were seated on the sides. Miguel led me to the char by Dilandau, and then sat with the others. I ate quietly and little. When I was finished it was before the others did, I studied them all. There were twelve total, mines Dilandau. And they all seamed as if I being there offended them. Dilandau spoke to me.
"Are you ready to fight, because your test is in fifteen minuets, in my throne room." He said, as if he expected me to fail.
"A person should never be ready to fight, if they wish to survive, they should be ready to win." I said, something Master Kida had always said to me.
"Humph" and stood up, "Well its time, follow me." He said. I stood up with him, and the others followed.

~~~~~

"King Van a messenger of Zaibach came to the borders early morning, and delivered this letter." Kedo said to Van as he sat on the throne then handed him a letter.
"A messenger from Zaibach?" He said looking at the letter curiously, then opened it. An another letter fell out, labeled:

To, Hitomi
From, Maya

Then he looked at the parchment that was still in his hand, and read the first page.

~~~~~

Dear Van,
I wanted to thank you for the brief hospitality you showed me while I was in your country. Attached is a copy of a contract I made with Zaibach, I now work and fight by them, but my services do not go without cost. In exchange, I have protected the land and people of Fenelia, but still give you the choice to fight Zaibach still knowing at lest the land is safe and the people that stay there. It is all I can give you for now. I am sorry; I have betrayed you and most importantly my friend Hitomi. But this is where my destiny is leading me, for now.
-Maya

~~~~~

Van shock his head, and picked up the letter for Hitomi. "Poor girl, I guess you really do need that luck after all, I just wish it could be different." he thought
"Someone please take this to Hitomi." Van said and handed the letter to her off.

~~~~~

I stood in front of Dilandau, who was seated on his throne. The other Dragon Slayers stood in two row's one on each side of me in attention. Falcon was standing by Dilandau. "Let the test begin." Falcon said
"Maya, remove your sward, you shale not use it for the first part." Dilandau said, so I did so I took the sward off and my clock, for the first time everyone could see my arm. And handed them to Miguel, who set them a side. "Chasta, fight her, unarmed." One of the Dragon steeped forward, handing his sward over to another. The Slayers baked to the walls, leaving an open space. We went and stood about five feet apart, so that we had Dilandau to my right and to his left. "Attention Bow" I heard Dilandau say, so I did, and he did. "Ready stance" We both went into left side backward leaning stance, with a yell (keyhop to those who know marshal arts) "Fight." I was always a aggressive person, so I went at him with a round house kick, he blocked and tried to side kick me, I garbed his leg, and twisted it for him to fall, he did but he was quick to recover. The fight lasted for about a two minuets before I got a good series of kicks, (front kick, side kick, round house, and back kick in one quick and swift motion) and he fell, he was down and very dazed, I had won. We bowed out.
"Now arm yourself with your sward." Dilandau said, my sward was handed to me, I put it on, "Gatti, Miguel, Viole, Dallet. Attack her." Four stepped forward and attacked me from the front. In sward fighting I was always defensive, I always let them make the first move. The fight lasted maybe a minuet, before I had them all knocked out cold. Hay it was either them or me, I choose them obviously. Well now I had sent five of them to the medicine bay. I looked at Dilandau as people helped the fore unconscious soldiers away. He garbed his sward out of a lion's mouth. "And know you fight Me." he said.
I new he had to be good, otherwise he would not challenge himself to fight me after a knocked four of this men out in less then a minuet. But I was good to, it was weird. I have always been good at sward fighting but never that good, but I figured don't fight the new found talent, just let it flow it's course. You may wonder how did I know how to sward fight, the answer is simple. Remember Master Kida, well she taught me. Dilandau charged me, I flipped over him, and attached his side, and he blocked. The fight counted for the next ten minuets or so. I was getting tied but not enough to quit, I would never. Dilandau kept whispering stuff in my ear like, 'Your just a little girl' or 'You can't beat me' or 'big mistake.' This just mad me frustrated. Our swards were locked now.
"Dilandau that's enough." Falcon said loud enough for us to hear. Dilandau did not release his sward, so I was not about to release mine. "Dilandau, I said, that's enough!" Falcon said louder. He released his sward and put it away. I did the same.
"But, Falcon, I was having fun, why do you always ruin my fun?" he said devilishly at Falcon.
"She has passed the test, better then we thought. Lady Maya, come with us." Falcon said leaving the room; Dilandau flowed him then me. We went to an empty room that looked like an office. My guess is that we came here for privacy. "Lady Maya, you are now a Dragon Slayer, and I am placing you second in command, due to your skill." Dilandau looked pissed.
"Her, Second!" Dilandau yelled.
"Yes, Lady Maya, will be second." Falcon said almost threateningly. Personally I did not care, this just meant only Dilandau would be able to boss me around. I just rolled my eyes at the entire conversation, and had a look of 'can't we get on with this'. "See look Lady Maya even has some of your attitude."
"Hey, I resent that." I said, the statement brought me back to their argument. "I don't want to ever be put on the same plan as him, he doesn't even have the guts to have a disagreement without trying to draw his sward, or acting like a child." Dilandau look at me, as if to kill. It just proved my point more. Falcon smiled.
"This is why I am giving her this possession, Lady Maya, we do have some technicalities to work out though. Today is a leave day, for the soldiers, so it's a perfect time to work this out."
"What are these technicalities?" I did not like the way he said it.
"First the Vione, as little extra space, for rooms, so your going to have to share, and I am not going to allow you to sleep in the slayers dorm, your going to have to room with."
"Dilandau." I growled, finishing Falcons words. "Great I get to share a room with him." I said with vivid sarcasm.
"Sorry," Falcon said. "Dilandau will show you to your room."
"Hold on, Sir, what about the Book you promised me?" I said
"I will be by shortly with it."
"Thank you."

~~~~~

Hitomi herd a knock on the door, she said 'enter' and in walked a cat women that looked allot like the gold and silver twins that she met when 15. "Merle?" Hitomi said.
"Who did you think it was?" She said, yep it was Merle, she still had that annoying voice, but it was a little better. "You Foreigners."
"Yeah, yeah, all the same. I see you learned how to use a door." Hitomi said. "It's good to see you again." and gave here a smile. Merle gave a smile back.
"Here this came for you, Van-sama wanted it given to you." Merle handed her the letter.
"Ah, thanks, it's from Maya." Hitomi opened it and read

~~~~~

Hitomi-
I'm all right, technically speaking. I hope you forgive me for what I have done. I have joined Zaibach. In exchange I have protected Fanelia, and given it a choice to fight and have their homeland safe and people that stay there. I have also received a book that should help me identify my 'foe' that I am to fight. But it will also tell me more about me. I am sorry, I have betrayed you. But hopefully one day you might let me be your friend again. Remember your a strong women now, and are a great person, never forget that.
-Maya

~~~~~

'I forgive you.' Hitomi thought.
"Come on Hitomi we have got to make you blend in more. At least you grew that hair of yours out." Merle said eyeing her. Then Merle grabbed her hands and led her out of the room.
"You know, I can walk!" Hitomi said, fighting her hand away from hers. Merle gave her a look of "I would never have guessed that."

~~~~~

Dilandau led me to 'our' room. It was a huge room. There were two large beds with black comforters with the symbol of Zaibach on the right wall. Two desks one towards the door on the left wall, filled with papers, the other one on the far wall, in front of a window. There was also a table, and a bathroom with a shower. I got the Far desk, and the far bed. Dilandau went to work at his desk. I took the time to look at my sward for the first, real time. The case was black and had small blue gems on the edges. I took the sward out, it was a silver sward but it looked tented light blue, and seemed to glow. It also had an engraving on it in English. "None shale weld this sward but the chosen one." I said out load.
"What did you say? What language was that?" Dilandau asked, looking up from his work.
"English, and what I said dose not matter." I snapped back, I was still touchy from having been stuck with him. I was saved from Dilandaus comeback by a knock on the door. Dilandau answered it. It was Falcon.
"Falcon-sama." Dilandau said analogizing him.
"Maya, I have brought you the book promised to you." He said. Dilandau had a smirk on his face, I did not like it, and I felt like I was tricked. The book Falcon handed me, looked ancient, but well kept, it had a black cover, with my royal blue mark on the front. I opened it and was surprised to see the first page in English. I flipped a couple of pages ahead and saw Latin, I continued to do this and noticed the book was written in nine languages, French, Spanish, Portages, German, Russian, Egyptian Hieroglyphics, and Japanese. "No one can read this book, we have spent years trying to translate it" Falcon continued. No wonder Dilandau had a smirk on his face. I smiled.
"Of coarse you could not translate it, who ever wrote this was very smart, they did not write in the same language for more then two pages, nine total. Smart. But who ever wrote this was from earth, or at least spent years they're, studding languages." I smiled, and laughed. "Thank you, this is going to prove to help me very much."
"Don't tell me you can read all those languages." Dilandau said, standing up.
"Oh course I can, my parents were travelers, and taught me many languages, I'm rusty with a couple but it wont be to hard." That wiped that smirk of Dilandaus face.
"Well if you excuse me I must go." Falcon said, and left. I settled down at the desk, and took out some parchment, and a pen. So I could take notes while reading.

~~~~~

Hours latter, I mean it was all most diner time. I spent hours on this book for two reasons, I was rusty with my Hieroglyphics, and also I could not believe what I was reading. There was one passage that was intriguing to me:

Two balances, Fore controls.
One control rules them all.
Without one non-shale exist.

Fear is anger and venerability, ruled by red and the spear.
Love is responsibility and dedication, ruled by white and the arrow.
Faith is belief and understanding, ruled by green and the staff.
Justice is truth and rules them all and what it decides panders and changes them all,
Ruled by blue and the sward

Justice North,
Fear South,
Faith East,
Love West,
Make the directions in witch all fallow, keeping the balance of good and evil.

As I understood the book, I was going to be fighting a force of turbulence; this foe wanted to through the balance of good and evil off, witch would plunge Gaea into chaos. So long ago, an ancient race, that protected this balance, created fore spiritual dragons, witch stood for fore controls, Fear, Love, Faith, and Justice. The Dragon of Justice, was to rule the fore, becoming the Dragon Master. This dragon's sprit would be the only one to be passed by blood. When this sprit was to be needed, it would take a form, the chosen one, and at birth the mark would be visible for one day only. Then one of the descends of this ancient race, would take this baby, form Gaea, and when the time came they would return and the mark on the child's arm would be shown again.
Then the book spoke directly to me, giving me instructions. The book wrote that the book was fatted to come into my hands once on Gaea again. It told me, that the sward and the color blue ruled the sprit of Justice and coming to Gaea would reveal the color and the sward. And that I was to find the other three, Fear, Love, and Faith, but I would be the only one with their color reviled. It told me that I would find the Dragon of Fear, by a mark on there hand. Once I found him/her I was to go to the Sprit Forest. There I would also find the Dragon of Love and Faith. Once I found all I was to revile there colors and there weapons. It said I would now just now how to do this when the time came. I just read the book, with shock. I was not shocked at what I was; I was shocked at how the book told me how much faith I would have to put in destiny. The book told of much more, but most of it was lore (history). Someone tapped my shoulder.
"What! Can't you see I'm busy!" I snapped, not turning around.
"Ahh, Yes Lady Maya, but, Dilandau sent me to get you, and you did not answer the door." A voice said that was not Dilandau.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were Dilandau, I did not even realize he left." I said turning around. "Miguel, right." I said looking at him.
"Yes, I was to escort you to dinner." He said
"OK, hold on though, I just have to figure out this symbol." I said, looking back at the book. The last page was hieroglyphics, and the last part had a symbol, I could not make out. It read, "Your Gift is 'blank', that is how you help Gaea".
"Ahh, may be diner will clear my mind." I said standing up. We walked out of the room. "Are you guys not to have the day off." I asked nicely.
"We did, Lady Maya."
"Why do you keep saying Lady, and what do you mean you did." I ask.
"I am to call you Lady, you are the Dragon Master, and from what I hear, second in command now. I said we did, because, it ended a hour ago for Diner."
"News travails fast around here, and please stop with this Lady stuff, unless you have to. I cant believe you guys call that a day off."
"Well, it was, to us. And all stop with the lady stuff, but we all have to sometimes." He smiled, I smiled back. "So what was that book about, it looked to be a different language."
"Oh, that, it's about me, well the Dragon Master, and it's actually in nine different languages, it is just the last language I am a little rusty with, and I cant figure out this one symbol, It makes me wish I studied harder, you know what I mean."
"Yeah, I do, I hate it when that happens." We were almost at the dinning room.
"You know I think you're the only descent person I have meat so far on this ship." I said.
"I'm glad to hear."
At Dinner I stayed quite, and just observed the others. I knew the Dragon of Fear; had to be with Zaibach, only by the fact I seamed to be 'fatted' to be here. The question was who was it. I was able to find my way back to the room by myself this time. I fond some cloths on my bed, and a note. I picked up the note it read:

Lady Maya,

I figured since you are not only a Zaibach soldier now, but also the Dragon Master, I have done the liberty, of having a uniform made for you that will represent both of these tittles.

Falcon

'OK, whatever.' I thought. I looked down to see some loss cloth pants and a sleeveless shirt I could were for bed. I grabbed them, and went to take a shower, then went to bed. Latter that seamed to be a mistake.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~
- What will happen? Read more and see. (LOL) OK I am making myself laugh now. This is so fun writing.