Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Master ❯ Red Dreams ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dragon Master


By, TigerWolf


Chapter 4- Red Dreams




Things were flashing around me. My hand's they had blood on them, then I saw a Guymellef like no other. Chaos. It was all swarming in my head. Blacked cloaked people, with unseen faces. Then I sward entered my chest. And I thought I saw the face of the cloaked person, but I did not.

I woke, shaking, my covers long forgotten on the floor. My forehead was wet, with cold sweat. I sat up rather quickly. "What was that, It was a dream, relax, it was not real, just your imagination, chill." I voiced my thoughts out load, accidentally. I quickly shot my head to the other bed, to see Dilandau not there, and the bed undisturbed. 'Good.' I thought, last thing I wanted was to have him see me like this. But where was he? I glanced around the room, especially in the shadows. Nothing. I picked the covers up off the floor, and wrapped my self protectively in them, and drifted back to sleep.

It was happening again, I knew I was dreaming, but I was fully aware how weird it was. Dilandau flashed in front of me in a red cloak and with a spear. He flashed away. Again I saw a battle; this time there was no death, just hatred, pure hatred. Then Fear, of not being able to do it. The weaknesses were being shown in all, fueling the fear, then the hatred. The back of a hand flashed in front of me, it was in a fist, and had my mark in red on there hand. It flashed away. I looked down at my own hands; blood covered them again, then disappeared. Then I felt that sward enter my chest again, and saw what may have been the hidden identity, of what was killing me, but nothing again.

I woke again, shaking, fear subsiding on my soul. Covers again lay forgotten. Sleeping felt like more work then being awake. Again, hoping Dilandau did not see me I shot a look at his bed, he was there, fully asleep. I looked at a clock in the room it read '4:57.' No sings of sleep I felt, even if I did fell tired, I would not sleep. I looked at my hands; I saw red blood on them. I jumped up, and looked again, there was nothing. Then I started trying to remember my 'dreams' but they were slowly leaving me, it was like trying to hold water in your hands, it just slowly dripped away. I went to take a shower, I felt dirty, but I new I wasn't. I changed into my new cloths, my new uniform.
It took me about 15 minuets, to figure out how it went. Like I was to know!?! When I was finished, I was happy about how comfortable it felt, and how it gave me some protection, but yet it still let me move, and was light. What I was wearing looked very similar, to what I was 'given' when I came to this plant, but crossed with the dragon slayers uniform. The pants were black and were leather, not tight, but slightly baggy, and had a royal blue dragon on the sides. Then I had a royal blue sleeveless shirt, but was covered by a long sleeved jacket, that was tight but lose at the same time. The Jacket was long like the Dragon slayers, but did not have big shoulder pads and a high caller. Instead the armor that was lined it curved with my arms, and it had no caller, it V necked in slightly and button together to about the bottom of my sternum. Also were my mark was on my arm, on the jacket the same mark was there in the same place. I wore the same boats I had, and wore my sward at my side, and a dagger in each boot, and a small knife by my chest.
I left the room, Dilandau still sleeping. It was now 6:15. I knew breakfast was at 7:30 so I went to the kitchens, to see who made it, and if I could help. There was nothing else I could do. I fond the kitchens kind of easily, I went to the dining room, and followed what noises I herd. I opened the doors to find Miguel and two others. "Hi, Miguel." I said, he looked up.
"Good Morning, La--, Maya, what are you doing here." He asked
"Couldn't sleep I have been up a while, just wanted to see if I could help." I said
"Help? You don't need to help, were fine." He said like he was passed shocked
"Why cant I help, it's not like I have anything better to do." After some convincing, I was helping. The other two were Viole and Gatti. I found that Cooking was a duty that went through them, 1st and 2nd in command were exempt from it. After a while we were all laughing and having fun. Until Dilandau came in.
"There you are, I have been looking for you everywhere." He said to me, like I was doing something wrong.
"I am just helping, it's not like it hearts anyone, and why have you been looking for me?" I asked, the others looked at me suppressed by the way I was talking to him.
"Come with me." He said, I could see anger boiling in him. Latter I found that he wanted to go over protocols with me, and what I had to do. After breakfast training started. After Lunch, Dilandau took us down to a forest.
"We are going to play a little game, of hide and seek. I'm the hunter, If I find you and disarm you, you become a hunter also, the game ends in two ways, I either capture you all, or you the pray disarms me. Understand, Good, you got to ten, to run for it." He said, then started counting to ten.
Miguel and I booked it in the same direction, "Well latter." I said then jumped up into a tree and started going through the forest from branch to branch. I found a good perching spot, were I could see everything, once I had a good since of everything, I followed Dilandau, I was going to hunt the hunter. I watched as Dilandau found them all, and made them hunters. Miguel and Gatti stayed with him. I was the only one left. They were walking through a shallow river that was just about ready to fall of a cliff, making a deep pool, and a large waterfall.
"Come out, Come out, Because you know I'll find you." Dilandau yelled. I got a really good Idea. I jumped out of the trees a foot away from the waterfall, and in the middle of the river.
"Oh, Dilandau, You're right, I'll give up." I yelled over to him, he smiled, and walked towards me, 15 feet, 10 feet away. "Acutely I change my mind, catch me if you can!" I said and back-dived of the waterfall. Entering the water, felt so good, I all ways felt at home it the water. I went to the surface to see Dilandau, jump in. "Fool, you're on my turf now." I took a deep breath and dived. I watched from underwater, him go up for air, I swam, beneath him and undid his sward, he did not even notice, probably for two reasons, the water was a little merkey, and you cant really fell the weight of things in the water. I dove deeper beneath him, and came up on the other side of the waterfall, for some air. I took another deep breath, and dove again. Dilandau was swimming all over trying to find me. I secretly came up to him again, and took the knife from his boat, and a dagger, I went back to the other side of the fall again. I had all his weapons. I climbed the waterfall and came up to the top, I stood were I was before. "Dilandau!" I yelled down to him. He looked up. "It looks like the Hunter just got hunted," I yelled back, showing all his weapons.
He splashed the water around him, and cursed. "Poor Loser, I see." I yelled down. And dove of again, this time doing a flip before diving perfectly. I swam underwater to a rock. Then came up placing Dilandaus weapons there. Then I went to shore, but Dilandau grabbed my foot. I turned around only to find his arms around me; I was looking into his eyes. For a moment I felt relaxed and relived. Then my senses snapped back to reality. I pulled him underwater, and pouched away from him. And came up again, breathing normally. Dilandau came up, breathing havey.
"You're like one with the water." He said to me
"A lot of people say that to me, as far as I'm concerned the water is like my second home." Then swam to shore.

~~~~~

"Hitomi, come on!" Merle's voice rang through the door.
"Hold, on. I'm almost done." Hitomi called back
"Well if you don't hurry up, you'll be late in meeting Van-sama."
The door opened and out stepped Hitomi. She was wearing a beautiful white dress, it had thin leather straps, and a thin red yellowish pattern on the top that looked like flames. Then two peace's of cloth were tied just below her chest rapped to the back and tied in a small but simple bow, with the ends flowing down to her waist, the same color red, along with the same color brown as the leather. The white dress flowed down to her ankles, and ended with a trim with triangles pointing up in the same red, about fore inches tall. And then to finish it of some colored brown leather sandals, and the front part of her sandy hair pulled back in two, with the ends slightly curled. "So how do I look?" she asked the stunned cat women while twirling around.
"You look beautiful." A man's voice said from the end of the hall.
"Van..... Thank you." Hitomi stuttered out. Little did she know that Van was standing there gapping at her, since the second she came out of the room, and just got the courage to say something. He walked over to her.
"Shale we go?" he asked, offering his hand to her. He was wearing black pants and a red sleeveless shirt.
"Yes." she said taking his hand, "Van? Were are we going?"
"For a walk, and you'll see to were." He said smiling at her. Hours latter, they sat on the green hills outside Fanelia, talking about everything, but them as a couple. They talked about earth, Fenelia, friends, everything but them.
"Van, I hope I'm not inconveniences you by being here." Hitomi said
"Hitomi, your not at all, I am more then happy that you're here, I thought you forgot about me." Van said, blushing some.
"How can I ever forget about you, I have been so lonely sense I left Gaea, I wish I didn't sometimes." Hitomi said looking down
"I know, but I'm glad your here now. Everything has been so much easier because of you." He said blushing again
"You're blushing." She said giggling
"Well you were to." he said defensively.
"Cant be helped." she said, "Because." She cut off. And leaned against Van. Van a little shocked, then rapped his arms around her, she was so intoxicating.
"Because why?" he asked
"Because, it can't be helped." she said lying
"I think it's because you love me." he said. Hitomi eyes widen in shock, when did Van start to speak his feelings? She thought.
"Since you seam to know me so well, why did you blush?"
"Because I love you Hitomi." Hitomi turned to him, did she hear him right? This was not like Van. "I love you Hitomi." He said again looking her in the eyes.
"I love you to Van." she said, then he lightly kissed her on the forehead. The kiss felt like fire but ice at the some time for Hitomi. "Since when have you became so open with your feelings?" she asked
"Since I realized I could not lose you again if I'm not." He said, giving her a sweet smile. Then Hitomi kissed him, pushing him on his back. They both felt like everything had stopped, and that this kiss could last forever. Hitomi pulled back a little, their lips were slightly touching, "Promise me you will never leave me again." Van asked softly.
"I promise, as long as you promise not to leave me."
"How could I ever let you go? Of coarse a promise." Then he rolled her onto her back and kissed her, gently.

~~~~~

Dilandau and I were now on the riverbank, he was trying to un-water-log himself. Then things started to flash to me.

Dilandaus face, red, the spear, and the fist.

I jumped back, "It's you, It's you, why the hell dose everything have to be YOU!" I scrammed
"What are you talking about." Dilandau said looking at me like I was crazy.
"Take your right glove off, and then you will now." I said
"Why would I do that?"
"Just do it! Please." He did it to shut me up. Nothing was there. Then it flashed to me again.

My hand, his hand, touches.

"Now what is this about?" he asked. I walked over to him, and took his hand with my left hand, and placed my right hand over his. His hand it felt worm, soft, sad. Stop it Maya I told myself. Then I felt it. And let go the mark was visible now. They're one his hand.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

Dun-dun-dunn. lol