Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Master ❯ Tigers with Wings ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dragon Master



By, TigerWolf

Part 7- Tigers with Wings



The wind wiped through my hair. And the blackness started to lighten as the ground came closer. 'This is it, this is it!' I yelled to myself
'Relax your body, find calmness, your going to all right, relax.' I voice echoed through my head. I relaxed my body, and let my mind find peace, I forgot about the ground. Then I felt a sharp but short pain in my back, and my falling slowed. I opened my eyes to see the ends of angelic wings. 'I have wings? I can fly." I asked myself.
'You know what to do, questions will be answered in time.' I guided myself to a small clearing I saw in the middle of the forest. I touched ground. Feathers flew all around me. I was amazed to see my clothes were fine. (Authors note: Remember when Vans mom sprouted her wings? well her cloths never tore either, I guess it's a male thing.)
"Well this must be the Sprit Forest." I said out load to myself. Shit, Dilandau will try and come after me. 'Remember the power I gave you' my master words echoed through my head. I smiled. And ran into the forest.

~~~~~

Dilandau was eyeing the forest from his Guymellef, searching for Maya, or what remand of her. 'Dilandau, your an idiot!' He thought to himself. Then he spotted it, a small clearing, and he could see allot of white littering the ground. "What could that be?" He landed, Gatti did the same, Dilandau had told him to come with him. They got out of their Guymellefs and looked around.
Dilandau picked up one of the angelic like feathers, "What could have done this?" He looked around a little more, the ground was soft. He saw footprints start in the middle of the clearing. "She landed here, and went that way." he said to Gatti. Then they herd a roar of a tiger.
"What the hell was that." Gatti said
"It sounded like a tiger but it couldn't be, there not found anywhere around here." Dilandau said back, then they herd it again.
"Dilandau-sama, look at this." Gatti said, he had followed the trails into the forest. "The tracks they disappeared right here and form into animal tracks, tiger tracks!"
"Now I see, take some of the feathers to Falcon, he will know what they are. I'll stay here and track the girl, call of the search for her and if I'm not back in two days, find me." Dilandau said.
"Yes sir." Gatti said and left.
"There is more to you then I thought." He said once Gatti was gone.

~~~~~

I used the power my master had given me, the one thing I kept hidden to all, the one thing that made me different from all those on earth. The ability to change into your spiritual animal. All may senses sharpened to that of what I became. I could hear every word between Dilandau and Gatti; I let out a roar to scare them off. I knew Dilandau stayed behind, he was a smart boy, he knew what happened. "Great, well I guess it's a good thing he is staying. I guess I should take him along for the ride." I thought.
Ever since I entered this forest, it was like it was talking to me. Telling were to go, I could fell the direction in witch to fallow. It chilled by bones.

~~~~~

Dilandau was walking into the forest and stopped dead. A large white tiger came out in front of him. It was about 5 feet away, Dilandau drew his sward, the tiger roared at him, showing it's massive teeth, as if it was a waning. Then he looked the tiger in the eyes; the tiger had bright blue eyes like Maya. "Maya, I see you live." Dilandau said. The tiger rolled its eyes, and turned walking away. "I guess that means to fallow." he said.

~~~~~

I walked out of his sight, just showing myself every once in a while, so he knew were he was going. It was late afternoon; they had been walking since early morning when they found each other. I knew Dilandau was getting hungry and tired, so was I. I went and found some fruit, and hunted some rabbits. I was a tiger; I was fighting my animal instances to kill a deer a saw. I could fell the wild soul start to creep up on me. But my mind won over the drive of animal instances away. I lead Dilandau to a riverbank were I left the food. "Time to eat I guess." He said looking at the food. I transformed back into a human in front of him.
"Yes it is, eat while you can, we need to get going again in a while." I said in a scratchy voice. Slowly turning too normal.
"What are you?" Dilandau asked.
"A person with many gifts, it seams, beats me that I could fly but you seam to know something about that by the way you talked to Gatti." I said sitting down against a tree.
"It seams you a Draconian, a tiger and the Dragon Master, any more I should now about?" He asked sarcastically.
"A wolf too." I said calmly. He looked up, he wasn't expecting that. He went about making a fire to cook the rabbit I hunted for him. "I've been able to change into a tiger or a wolf since I was ten. That power works my changing into your spiritual animal, since my master gave me the power to be able to do this, I keep her spiritual animal and mine. She's the wolf, I'm the tiger." I said I felt like I should explain.
"Don't you feel lucky."
"No, I don't. I feel like I don't know my own body, I mean I did not know I could sprout wings that just happen."
"So where are we going." he asked changing the subject.
"I'll know when we get there." I really had no clue I was just following my heart and the sprits that I herd.

~~~~~

After Dilandau ate and we rested for a bit, he got up. "Well it's time we go back to Zaibach." He said
"Well," I said standing up. "If you think I'm going with you, your head is cracked, I did not jump of the fortress for no reason." I said getting angry.
"Well you are, I cant let you destroy Zaibach." he said taking his sward out.
"I'm not going to destroy Zaibach, I'm hear to make peace!" I yelled
"Either way you're coming with me." Dilandau then charged me; I quickly drew my sward and blocked. He attacked again, I blocked. My turn
"I will never let you take my life away, no one will." I said, he blocked and a spoon to attack my other side.
"I never said I would do that, but if you don't give up this might end in that." He said after blocking one of my attacks.
"Taking away my memories, is taking away my life! And if you don't stop someone will end up heart, and it will not be me!" I yelled back, while blocking a double attack. The fight lasted on and on. I was dripping with sweat; blocking simple moves with allot of effort. But I was happy to see he wasn't doing any better. All of a sudden I fell after hours of fighting, I fell, my body could not take it anymore. A heaving Dilandau walked towards me, but tripped over his own feet and fell down next to me. Too tired to move we both fell asleep.

~~~~~

I woke up but not fully, so I did not realize that I was now lying on Dilandau, my head on his chest, his chin on my forehead, with Dilandaus arms rapped around me. I shivered Dilandau held me closer and I drifted back to sleep.
Dilandau woke to fell her shiver and then held her closer, then drifted back to sleep.

~~~~~

I woke this time fully. It was dark, and then I realized the way we were sleeping. "Get off!" I yelled, pulling away. Dilandau woke.
"What? Did you not like the sleeping arguments." he said. I did not have time to respond; I saw a pillar of light hit down about a half a mile off.
"Stay here, I'm going to see what it is." I said changing into a tiger with an involuntary roar. And took off at full speed, I could hear Dilandau not doing as I asked.

~~~~~

"Hitomi are you OK?"
"Yeah Van, you?
"Yeah"
"Were are we?" she asked
"I don't know, I am more interested in why."
"I don't know."
They stood up and started to look around. Then out of no where a white tiger jumped out of the bushes. "Van!" Hitomi yelled, as Van put her behind him.

~~~~~

I looked before me, Hitomi? I stared for a moment, Van drew his sward, and I transformed back to human.
"Hitomi?" I said
"Maya!?!" she said
"Yep, been wondering when I would see you again. I need to talk to you before Dilandau gets here."
"What! Dilandau!" Van yelled
"Chill, he's with me, he's the dragon of fear, but I now how you guys hate each other, so Hitomi please control him." Then images began to flash

Hitomi, faith, green dragon, staff. Van, love, white dragon, arrow. Hands, mark, my hand, over them.

"Maya?" Hitomi said
"I should have knew, all the sings they pointed to it, thank god for these images. Ahh dame-it, why you two, ahh, I know why, dame-it this just made things very difficult." I said out loud, accidentally, while shacking my head.
"What are you talking about? Why us, what are you saying." Van asked
"Van you are the Dragon of Love the west, color white, with the arrow. Hitomi you are the Dragon of Faith the East, color green, with the staff. You guys make up the East and the West, the last two directions in witch I searched for. You guys are destined to help me protect the balance of good and evil. Please give me your right hands." I said rather quickly.
"What, you cant be series." Van said. Hitomi approached me and handed her hand to me.
"Faith always guides the way for love." I said taking her hand, "This won't hurt. I'm just going to relive who you are." I took her hand in mine, and closed my eyes; I felt warmth and let go. On her hand in green was the same mark as Dilandau. Her eyes light up. "Van please, give me your hand." He nodded, and I took his hand, and closed my eyes, I felt it again, and let go. On his hand was a white mark. I explained everything to them, about what I learned in the book, and how Dilandau was the Dragon of Fear.
"So Dilandau thinks you're a trader and you jumped from the Vione, and you sprouted wings." Hitomi asked.
"Yeah, I mean one moment I was falling the next I herd a voice telling me to calm down, the next I was flying."
"VAN!" Dilandau cried jumping out of the forest.
"Dilandau, chill," I said walking between them. "They are the other two dragons, as long as we are in this forest were on the some side. Besides, this is not over, were close to something else, I can fell it."
"Remember whose in command here." Dilandau said
"Remember what it means to be a Dragon! And also I jumped of the Vione, you no longer control me." I said, Van had drawn his sward from behind. "Van put it away, please." I said looking at him for a second then looking back at Dilandau. "Dilandau think, I'm an equal fighter to you, we just proved that back there, and I won't let you hurt them, and as far as I know Van is a very good fighter too." There was a pause.
"Only while we are in this forest." Dilandau said
"Agreed." Both Van and I said
"Now this is settled, follow me, were close to something I can fell it." I said, I walked off, they followed. Hitomi walked by me.
"Maya are you OK?" She asked
"Yeah I guess, just got allot on my mind, and to worry about. Especially, Dilly and Vany-boy, back there."
"Well I can control Van, after all he is my husband to be, but I can't hold Dilandau back."
"I know, hold on, husband to be? Hitomi, I told you, I'm so happy for you!" I said.
"Thank you, He just asked, yesterday."

~~~~~

Dilandau walked up to Van, "The second were out of here your mine Van." he said.
"You'll pay for all you have done Dilandau."
"Pay! Pay, I don't think so." Van stopped and got into his face.
"You know how you will pay. Through her, she will die in your arms." Van said pointing at Maya.
Dilandaus temper was running mad now. "What makes you think I care!"
"Dilandau! Van! Get away from each other, or I will make you!" Maya yelled at them. Van went to Hitomi, Dilandau walked behind.

~~~~~

There was a small clearing ahead, were no trees grew, but branches covered the area keeping it hidden from the world above. There was a large stone arch in the center. "Were here." I said, "Stay here, and whatever you do don't go through the arch." I warned them. I walked up to the arch on the sides there were inscriptions in English.

The chosen one seeks answers; the chosen one will find them here.

On the top of the arch was my mark on the dragon, something also stood out to me one the sides of the arch. There were two carvings on each side of what looked like to be the Greek goodies Artemis, I could tell by the bow and arrow she had and the hunting dog, but most importantly the torch she held. The flashes over took me as I touched the arch. They told me what to do. I went to a flat stone about ten feet away from the center of the arch, the stone had my mark on it. I stood on it. And I spoke loudly in English, (hint, hint the others would not know what she was saying) I drew my sward and held it up as I spoke.
"I am Maya the Dragon Master, Dragon of Justice, color blue and the sward, I am the one how leads the direction and what I decide panders and changes all." The archway filled with bright light, and I walked towered it, telling the others to fallow.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

Liking what your reading? I hope you are. Reminder Review when done please.