Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Master ❯ As time Keeps Going ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dragon Master




By, TigerWolf


Chap. 13- Time keeps Going




Three months had passed since that fateful march. Three months had gone by to help seat Gaea right. Two of the fore generals of Fenelia were dead from the battle Van appointed only one new general, Dilandau was now one of the generals of Fenelia, and the dragon slayers were under his command. But now they were not known as Dragon Slayers, the eight that survived that battle were knights of Fenelia now. The former Dragon Slayers of Zaibach were welcomed now, there fighting in the battle helped cleared there wrongs, and then the final words of Maya de Fanel Dragon Master, let the people forgive them.
Van de Fanel King of Fanelia was to be wed to Hitomi within the week, five days to be exact. The people were all happy about the weeding and the new Queen to be, invitations were sent out to Austria and Fread, and other countries. People form all of Gaea where to witness this weeding. It was to be great, it was the marriage of the two that ended the first destiny war and played the role as two of the dragons in the second destiny war. It was to be the first joist event on Gaea and the first steeps into peace.
But as much as time seamed to keep going the pain of what happen was not gone. One proof of that would be Dilandau. The death of Maya changed him more then anyone could have thought. He was human now, he showed some sympathy. He was one now that would not go for the kill, but would if he had to. He now preferred that people got justice in court not by his sward. He was still just as damning and open with his damned as always though. Its what made him a good general, he told people exactly how he wanted some thing, and it happened, he appeared strong. But the people he let get close to him, saw how much he hurt for her. Even thought they had been together for such a short time, and most of that time they spent arguing and fighting, they saw that he loved her. It was her strong will, her stubbornness, the way she looked at him. And he was never to see it again. There has always been a thin line between love and hate, and this thin line kept them from saying their feelings for them to the very end.
"Dilandau-sama, were are you going?" Gatti asked his commander as he left the castle gates.
"Going for a walk, no need for concern I will be back latter." Dilandau said in a dark voice without looking back.
"Poor, Dilandau-sama." Gatti whispered.
Dilandau walked and walked, to wherever his feet where leading him. He fell to his knees and knelt over and cradled his face in his hands. "Why, why! Why did the gods have to be so curl to me! No, No, I know why, I deserve worse, for everything I have done. But why take her life! It should be mine, she was so young and so strong, she should do more good then me." He said out load in frustration.
"Dilandau calm." I voice echoed from in front of him. Dilandau looked up to see a woman cloaked in gray, it was the women he saw on the balcony, Maya's Master? "Dilandau I am Kida, Maya's protector. Along time ago, my race, the Haluchea assigned me to watch and care for Maya. That was my destiny, to help her find the dragon within and become Justice. She has done that, but the power it took for her to judge the Plahoy, has killed her. It is how she would have wanted it, she wanted to make Gaea safe again and she has."
"Is that suppose to help me. If you were her protector why did you not save her?!" Dilandau said in almost a growl.
"I was there to guide her, not to change her fate." She said calmly
"Then why are you here?"
"To comfort you. Maya may be dead, but she did love you, and she will always be apart of you."
"What! Do you think I'm stupid, I might have been a cold heartless killer at one time, but don't think I don't know these things." Dilandau yelled and started to walk away.
"Talk about temperamental!" Kida said, this did not go well, she was not even able to say what needed to be said, oh well.
"I've been called worse! Dilandau said turning around to see Kida fade away into the background. Dilandau walked back to the castle he was to meet Van and Hitomi in the gardens.
He reached the gardens to see Van and Hitomi all ready there. "Lord Van, Lady Hitomi." Dilandau said bowing his head to both. "You wanted to see me."
"Yes Dilandau we did." Hitomi said. "It's about Maya." Dilandau wanted to roll his eyes at this, but did not.
"Dilandau this appeared in the castle garden today." Van said, pulling a royal blue clock out.
"That's her cloak she wore." Dilandau said quietly.
"Yes we know, we don't now what it means." Hitomi said.
"It's probably a sick joke someone is trying to play on us, after all, -- she was not warring it the last time we saw her." Dilandau said. "It's a sick joke." He turned and walked off.
Van and Hitomi gave each other nerves glances, "Poor Guy." Hitomi said.
"I know, I know how he's felling some, when you left I was allot like him. But I had the hope of you coming back, he has no hope but lost." Van said. Hitomi stood onto the side of the fountain and leaned onto Vans shoulders.
"But you have me now. And we are going to be together forever. Van can I tell you something." Van turned around and picked her up by the waste a set her on the ground.
"Of course you can, you don't have to ask." Van said.
"I am trying not to sound crazy or anything, but I am worried about Maya's sprit. I can't feel it. Normally I feel when a sprit has passed on and I can fell it when it's alive, but hers has disappeared. I'm worried. It's not right." Hitomi said, turning her back on Van.
"Hitomi I am sheer she is doing all right, I mean her sprit. You should no worry about it." Van said.
"But, Van your wrong! It is one thing to be dead, but to have your sprit gone also is bad, it means she is truly dead. No afterlife, no going to heaven, it means she's dead. And I don't know what could do that." Hitomi said, tuning to him.
"Hitomi, calm down. I am sheer she is all-right, you probably arrant felling this, sprit, because you cared for her allot and your heart doesn't want to let her go. And thinking that her sprit is not at rest, might mean she is still out there some where. Witch means she's out there. It's OK Hitomi, she's all right." Van said pulling Hitomi to his chest, he could see the tears forming in her eyes. Hitomi rapped her arms around him, drowning her fears into his worm body.
"Thank you Van, I needed to hear that." Hitomi said.

~~~~~

"Hitomi, wake up!" Merle said, shaking the sleeping figure. Hitomi opened her eyes then pulled her sheets over her face. "Wake up it's your big day!"
"What!" Hitomi said setting straight up. "Your right I need to get up!" Hitomi said
"Your darn right. We need to get you ready. It's not every day you become the Queen of Fanelia and Marry Van." Merle said, Hitomi felt her stomach knot. Today would change her life forever. Tonight she would not be coming back to her room but to another. The nerves started to take her over, but one thought kept them in check, I Love Van and he loves me.
Merle brought her to her bath that was waiting for her. Two Maddens were there to help her. Hitomi could not get used to being pampered so much, she sowed them away every other day, but today she let them do their thing. She closed her eyes and thought about today's events. At 2:00, in six hours she shale be getting married to her love. But still there was sadness into this day. She had said she would be here, Maya said she would be here, but she was gone. Her parents and brother would not be able to see her, but she knew there were there in her heart.
Before she knew it she was pacing her room in her undergarments. And Merle was staring at her with a smirk on her face. "You know Hitomi, pacing is not going to help any." Merle said.
"I now, but time is moving so slow, in two hours I am going to be marring Van, becoming a queen and helping make the first steeps into peace here on Gaea. And then there is the lack of the one person how always made me feel better. My best friend. I am worried about her, I know she's dead, but it feels like she is more then dead." Hitomi found herself saying.
"Oh, Hitomi. Things are going to be OK, you have been studding all about Fanelia for the last two months, your going to be a great Queen. And as far as making peace, you just seam to have a nake for doing that. And Maya, well, she would be happy for you, and you know that. And she would have complete confidence in you just like I do. Now stop this, it's not like you."
"She would have confidence in me, wouldn't she. And you're right. This is going to be the one of the happiest days in my life."

~~~~~

"Van, calm down, everything is perfect for this day, and you're marring the one you love, it could be worse." Dilandau said, while looking out the window.
"I know." Van said, then chuckled. "Who would of guest that you would be the one here calming my nerves on my weeding day."
"Well not me." Dilandau said with one of his rare smiles.
"Any word about the mysteries person that has been around the castle." Van asked.
"No, I think it's just a hooks the people have made up. If one person says they saw a ghost they all say they saw a ghost. And then people purposely watch for it, tricking the mind, to think it to be reality." Dilandau said.
"Remember I am one of those people. When I was in the gardens I could have sworn I saw someone cloaked in gray, and then disappear. I just don't want any disturbances during today, or to have someone sneaking around." Van said.
"Like I said mind tricks. I would now if someone was sneaking around, I'm the best tracer there is, and the only person that could sneak about me would have to be better then I. Only one person could do that, and she's." Dilandau stooped there.
"I understand, Dilandau." Van said.
"Well if you excuse me, I have to get the Dragon--, sorry, Knights ready for the ceremony, and get ready myself."
"You may go." Van said
Dilandau left the Kings chambers and went to the gardens to think. This Mysteries person was taking up his thought. Then he looked up and saw the end of a gray clock, and a twig snap. Dilandau went after the person, and quickly sneaked up on them. He grabbed the arm of the person, and twisted it behind there back. "So who has been sneaking around the castle." No answer came from the person. Dilandau slipped the cloak of the person.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~< ;>~

I know short chap. sorry, it was hard to decide what to do for this chap. Another chap. is right ahead so don't stress. lol