Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ For the loss of those ❯ 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


"Idiot!" the furious capten yelled and struck another fist in the youth's face. Gatti stumbled backwards with the force and fell to the ground helplessly. Blood drippled on the ground. A soft whimper of pain escaping his bleeding lips.
Dilandou breathed heavily and turned to the other soldiers in the room, standing on a line trying to look unaffected by the scene that had just occured infront of their eyes. "You idiots!" he hissed and walked back and forth infront of them. He eyed them intensly, one after one for each step. "You're all fools... incompetent...worthlesss...pathetic failures all of you!" he said a little louder, stoping by the end of the line of nervous soldiers.
A tense silence followed and suddenly Dilandou reached out a hand in the air. "Migel!" he shouted and the brown haired boy steped forward. "Yes sir." the boy replied, awaiting his orders. Dilandou let his arm fall to his side again, and started walking towards the exit with a sigh. "Clean up the mess here and make sure that incompetent fool is not still on my floor when I return." he ordered and Migel bowed. "Yes sir. I understand sir."

Dilandou walked down the hall quickly. He wanted to get away from all this foolishness. All this incompetence and failure.
The rythmical pattern of his footsteps echoed between the walls of the empty hallway and he dropped his sight to the ground. If only that girl was dead. That bitch from the mystic moon. It was her fault!
Everything was her fault. If it wouldn't have been for her, Van would have been dead already. He would have gotten his revenge.
Suddenly he heared something. A silent noise yet loud enough to interupt the upset thoughts in his head. He stoped and listened.

A child's giggle.

He froze and a shiver ran through his body. He turned around quickly. "Who's there?!" he demanded to know but no one answered.
There it was again. But this time, more like a whisper. As if someone was trying to say something.
Dilandou spun around again only to find himself standing alone in the dim light of the hallway. His heavy breathtakes echoed through the silence and his evey muscle tensing.
"What's the matter with me... I don't hallucinate..." he thought bitterly and was just about to turn around and walk away again when suddenly he stood eye to eye with a blonde little girl. Her childish face was as pale as the light blonde hair in her eyes. A smile playing on her sweet lips as she reached out her arm towards him and pointed right at him. Her blue eyes glimmered.
"You..!" she said and Dilandou gasped in slightly, his body frezing.
He blinked and the next secound she was gone again. For a while he just stood there, his eyes open wide in shock.
His breath irregular and heavy as he slowly lifted his hands to his head.
"What are you doing?" a voice penetratted his mind suddenly and he spun around once again to face Folken.
"Folken..!" he gasped and the strategos gave him a look. "Dilandou? You seem pale, what's the matter?" he asked and took a few steps closer. Dilandou felt the ground starting to move under him and his legs got weaker. His head started to spin and he stumbled slightly as he moved away from the other man. "Don't come near me!" he yelled and found it harder to stand up as his body started to shake.
He tried to focus on the ground but wasn't able to stand straight much longer, and he fell to the ground.
Folken gasped slightly and hurried over to the young boy, catching him before he hit the hard floor. "Dilandou?!" he said a little louder.
The boy in his arms wasn't breathing anymore and his eyes closed. Folken shook the body slightly in a try to wake him up. "Dilandou!" he yelled and shook his roughly. "WAKE UP!"

"Wake up...."

"Where am I?"

"Wake up...!"

"Do you know what this is?"

"No.... what is it?"

"Don't look!!"

"This is you..."

"Me?"

"Who am I?"

"Don't look at me like that!!"

"Go away!"

"Wake up!"

"This is you..."

"Dilandou albatou..."

"Me..?"

Dilandou's eyes flickered open softly. He blinked to accostume to the dim darkness and sat up in the bed, looking around. He scanned every item in the room.
He heared footsteps outside and quickly fixed his eyes on the door with an intense look. The sound died away as quickly as it had appeard. Probably just a guard passing his room.
Yet Dilandou couldn't let his eyes of the door. It was like he watched something that wasn't even there. He was totaly still in his bed, he barely dared to breath.
He was convinced that any secound, someone would appear there, infront of him. But nothing happened and he looked down in the floor.
"What is this...?" he thought bitterly. "This is not like me..."
He got up from the bed and realized he had been sleeping with his clothes still on.
He decisded not to pay any attention to it and headed for the door. He grabbed the door knob and turned it slowly. He quickly turned his head and let his eyes sweap over the room one last time before he opened the door. "Rediculous...." he whispered to himself and left the room.
He ran his fingers through his thick, silverish hair as he walked down the long corridor. It was early and everyone seemed to be still asleep. He couldn't help but feel a little lonely there in the deep darkness. A sudden impulse hit him and his usual smirk curled up his lips. He walked on towards the dragonslayers chambers and stoped outside the door.
It was totaly silent inside of there and his grin grew wider. He swung the door open and stoped in the doorway with a rageful look in his aple face. "You incompetent fools! What are you doing here sleeping! Get up immediately!" he yelled as loud as he could (which is loud).
The sleeping dragonslayers all twitched of the sudden noise and they al rushed up from their beds. "Yes sir. We're sorry sir!" they said all at once and bowed numerous times. Dilandou smirked of delight inwardly. His eyes darkening of madness as he walked towards the linedup soldiers and stoped infront of one of them. "What's the reason behind this stupidity. Have I ever given you permission to sleep away your time like this?!" Dilandou said loudly and fixed his burning eyes on the nervous young boy infront of him.
The young slayer swallowed and opened his mouth. "Please forgive us sir, but Lord Folken dismissed us last night after Lord Dilandou apparantly felt ill..." the soldier answered and swallowed hard, awaiting a slap in the face or a loud voice telling him to shut up about his foolishness. But the usual treatment didn't seem to satisfy the capten today.
Dilandou frowned at the soldier, his eyes glowing of anger. "What did you just say?" he asked, his voice suddenly calmer. The blond soldier straighten up a bit and draught for his breath. "Lord Folken permitted us to dismiss the rest of the night, since my Lord apparently had fallen ill..." the soldier repeated and this time a fist struk his face quickly.
Dilandou clenched his teeth. "Shut up!" he yelled and eyed the other soldiers with his eyes burning of rage. "An why wasn't I ever noticed about this 'apparent illness'?" he said and looked away in irritation. The thought annoyed him that Folken would claim Dilandou as ill ifront of his soldiers.
He snorted and turned around in annoyance. "Don't make this foolishness a habit, or I'll have to beat that stupidity out of you all. I certainly hope you understand this is not to be repeated. Is that clear?!" he hissed and headed for the exit. The soldiers bowed deeply. "Of course sir. Forgive us sir!"
Dilandou stormed down the dark corridor towards the main hall and Folkens chambers once again. This time his fury was undescribable. Even though he couldn't remember much of last night, he would not lose his face to some underclass soldiers with the reason he would have been ill.
He hated to lose his face. And it was a grudge to deep to be forgotten as easy as just a little dismissal.
He stoped outside the door and pulled the doorknod, which appeared to be locked. His rage grew in irritation and he started banging on the door furiously. "Folken!" he yelled madly. "Open the damn door immediately or I won't hesitate to kick it open!"
The poundings on the door continued as suddenly the dorhandle moved and the door sliped open. Dilandou rushed inside and turned around to face the older man.
"What is this nonsense about my 'apparent illness' last night that my soldiers was dismissed for! I demand you to answer me Folken!" he yelled and Folken carefully closed the door again, slowly turning around to face the upset capten blankly.
"What about it Dilandou?" he asked with his usual calm voice.
Dilandou clenched his teeth hardly in anger.
"'What about it', you always say! Don't diss what I'm saying like that!" he yelled and looked away in annoyance to avoid that stone look of Folken.
"What do you mean with dismissing my soldiers just like that without noticing me first, or just getting the idea without my knowledge!" he continued in the same loud voice and Folken sighed deeply and looked away uninterested.
That was it.
Dilandou fixed his eyes on the strategos and felt his whole body shiver in rage. "Are you even listening to me Strategos! Don't give me that arrogant face! I'm dead serio---!" he shouted and was quickly cut of when the older man had suddenly made a swift movement and pushed him into the wall, now leaning over him and holding him still with his metall arm fiercly grasping his throat.
"So am I Dilandou!" he said loudly, for once his voice wasn't calm and unnaffected.
Dilandou gasped and swallowed in the tight grasp around his throat and his wide eyes glared at the strategos. He struggled slightly but it was hopeless in the iron grip of Folken's metall arm. He opened his mouth slightly in a try to speak, but found it impossible aswell.
Folken stared deeply into the redish eyes of the young boy and leaned in even closer. "You care about the wrong thing Dilandou. The dismissal of your soldiers isn't necessarilly important. The thing to worry about in this case is yourself!" his voice was loud and serious, his eyes burning of something indistincted to Dilandou and the young boy swallowed again as he felt Folken's grip loosen up a little.
"I don't know what happened to you last night but you was apparently not at all in condition of climbing into that Guymelef. Therefor, the dimissal of your soldiers since I don't find them stable enough to carry out the mission on their own."
Dilandou snorted and broke free from the grips around his throat. His sight dropping to the ground not to meet the other's eyes.
"That is none of your concern. I am fully capable of takeing care of myself." he spat and something in Folken's eyes darkened. He moved away from the boy and Dilandou rose his hand to touch his throat.
"Have it your way then. But don't expect me to carry you to your room next time you fall to the ground unconsciously infront of my eyes." he said and turned around and headed for the door.
Dilandou gasped slightly of what Folken just had said and the rage in his eyes softened suddenly. He watched as the strategos left the room and disappeared behing the corner in the corridor. His heart breath becoming lighter as he though about what he just said.

"Falling to the ground unconsciously infront of my eyes..."