Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Forever in My Dreams ❯ He Came Back ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Forever in My Dreams

Chapter 5: He Came Back

"Love unspoken is the

truest and the sweetest of them all."

Millerna revealed herself after Dilandau punched Van. It is so surprising indeed coz that was the very first time Dilly reacted the way he did without any clear reason at all. The reaction you wouldn't expect to the likes of him. The tension inside the room is growing stronger. Of course! The competition is not yet finished due to the commotion Van absentmindedly did. He doesn't expect that it will come this far but what else can he do if it is really about to happen?

"What?! Your also a girl!" Dilandau cried out in aggravation.

Millerna looked at Dilly disgustingly. "What do you think of yourself Mr.?!" Her left brow arched skeptically she really hated people turning her down because of natural feminity even though she too had the skill compared to them. Meanwhile, Van had already recovered, He stood up and smoothed his fencing suit while comprehending what made Dilly strike him since he had no business with them.

"Crazy fool!" Van muttered to himself. Out of the corner of his left eye he peeped at Hitomi to know what is happening to her. What he saw is a flaming stare Hitomi was throwing him. She was chilling in rage and tears are forming out of the corner of her emerald eyes. 'How pitiful her situation is.' Van thought realizing the stupidity of his action. More and more he started to feel guilty of what he did to her previously. . But its too late. Too late since he already made the damage.

Millerna walked towards her friend who obviously needed to be comforted.

"Hush Hitomi! Everything will be fine soon. So stop crying, you're not a child anymore. Besides" Millerna paused and grins, "That was so COOOL! You see that was the very first time we all had witness the boys do such extravagant things! First, Van kissed you and lastly Dilly reacted! What do you think of that! Gosh! Really, I can't believe it myself! "

"Your crazy Millerna! How on earth would I be glad of what happened to me in front of all these people! So tell me what if these things happened to you and not to me? Huh?!" Tears are continuously stripping down her cheek.

"Oh, well I'm just citing the positive side, you know." Hitomi couldn't stop herself from crying. "Oh, dear could you please stop that. I guess it would be better if we get out of here fast. Don't you think?" Millerna is doing her best to overcome the situation. Hitomi just nodded what else could she do. It's so terrible. Hitomi thought horribly.

The two girls did their best to get out of the room with much dignity they could muster.

"Hear yeah, hear yeah! What an absolute, perfect live performance we all have witnessed! Gosh! I don't think Van had a know-how, of how to kissed a girl! Well, please don't be so selfish with us, can you please tell us how soft and sweetie Ms. Hitomi's lips was??? That lady is really something you know." One of the students had commented. Instead, Van didn't noticed him, his mind is traveling far off the room. It was Dilly that shut boy's mouth by straightening his sword on the boy's frightened neck. His face was too serious, very stern in deed.

"If you still hang to your life you stupid brat, keep your stupid-silly mouth shut up. Or else…" Dilly was smoothing the blade of his sword on the boy's neck while enjoying of watching the boy's face turned pale. Everyone knew, by the wicked smile Dilly had, he is truly dubious if he let himself to. Very dangerous to engaged with.

A slight tap on Dilandau's shoulder made him shifted his interest.

"Master Dilly-sama, please…Ms. Hitomi wouldn't like it, if she see's blood."

Dilandau is watching harshly the boy who just taps him a while ago. The boy just stands still with dignify and respect for his master. While the other stupid boy is almost about to collapsed from too much fright. Much more when Dilly returned his focus onto him. As if he sense his final pitiful end. His chest is beating so hard and loud. While waiting to his final end, heaven had just granted his last request. Dilly withdraws his sword leaving him weakened on his knees. He past on Van's side and gave him his most serious caveat. Van did the same. The trees out side the fencing room are dancing so wild so as the leaves are falling harshly on the ground.

The committee had managed to fixed and continues the competition since it was their outmost concern.

* * *

"Hitomi! Hitomi!" Millerna called out. She was searching for her friend for an hour after the incident. But Hitomi is nowhere to be found.

On an outskirt garden near the school, Hitomi sat on the bench under the tree. Her eyes reflect nothing but a vacant stare. She doesn't understand any, she really just couldn't. She knew it was just a mistake and it was only just a false kiss. But, why? Why it needs to be from that guy. He means nothing. She doesn't even know him well. 'He'll pay for it, He will', Hitomi swear.

"WHY???" She asking no one.

"Hitomi is there's something wrong?"

A gentle voice so familiar to her, butt in. Slowly she raised her face to see the person with her heart pounding hastily. Much to her surprise, the man was smiling genuinely to her like someone who met each other again for such a long time of parting.

"Hello, Hitomi? ^_^ long time no see? ^_~"

"Amano!" Hitomi exclaimed in surprise. She stood up and embraced him with all her heart. How she'd missed Amano so much.

"Hi-to-mi???"

"It's good to see you back Amano… I'm really glad!"

Amano felt hot tears under his shirt. Hitomi was crying. A true tears of joy. Amano warmly smiled and hugged Hitomi back. Fitting each other so nicely. Despite of the horrible things that had happened to her earlier, God still gave her, the very best for the day to compensate for the biggest humiliation she had just received. He's warm, she thought. Hitomi felt so comfortable with him, as if she doesn't want it to end. Amano felt the same way too. Ever since, Hitomi was one of his closest friend aside from Yukari. But then, he needs to go to England for some important matter and continue his education there until now. Amano decided to go back where he truly had his first education. Right here at Mystic valley.

Meanwhile, someone is watching them intently from the top of the school's building and from other corner top window of the building. The shadow grinned warmly. While the other has a worried expression on its face.

Hitomi and Amano spend their time chatting about what happened here and there. Some of their stories made them both burst into laughter.

* * *

"Excuse me, have you seen Hitomi?" Millerna asked Yukari informing her that Hitomi was missing.

"No, I haven't. Why? Is there's something wrong? What happened to her?" A poll of question thrown back to her.

"None really, It just she's missing for almost 2 hours."

"Don't you worry, she will be fine. Besides she's big enough to take care of herself."

"Yah, you're right. : ( ", If you only knew. Millerna thought.

* * *

"Chesta!"

"Yes, Master!"

"Have you seen Hitomi?"

"Not yet Sire. You're worried of her, Master?"

"Shut up! It's none of your concern. Tell the others to find her."

"Right away Sire!"

Van, you'll regret this. For sure!

Dilandau cursed Van dreadfully. Its been a while when Chesta came back and deliver the message to his Master that Hitomi is safe but with someone he is not familiar with.

"Are you sure he's not Van?"

"I'm sure Sire. Master… what you'll gonna do?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to know if she's safe. Go and remind the others that we have our meeting after school."

"Yes, Sire! Orders will be taken shortly."

"You can go now."

"Thank you, Sire."

Dilandau hadn't missed the fact that Hitomi is with the other guy whom Chesta hadn't recognize. 'Who would that be?… well at least he's not that idiot Van! That bastard! That crazy fool! I'll squash your head for sure! I swear Van Fanel! Someday… I will!' Dilandau promised to himself with a dev'lish grin formed upon his before gentle lips.

* * *

"Oh Gosh! It's already 6 pm, I need to catch up with Yukari I know she still waiting for me at the lobby. Oh! by the way, have you two already met? "

"We do." Amano answered with his still handsome face.

"How come? Since when?"

"Since last week."

"What?!"

"Why? Hadn't she- Oh! I see, she still haven't told you yet."

"That girl! Why wouldn't she???" Hitomi is so furious for not having her friend tell her about

Amano's return to the valley.

"Maybe she has her reason." Amano said.

"What that may be???"

Hitomi looks worried she knew too well her friend, but this incident is so rare that cannot take easily off her mind. While heading to the lobby Hitomi 's thought wanders. How on earth she'd do such a thing. Much more about… Hitomi's thought was cut off with her sudden realization.

"Now I got it! Ha ha!" silly me!, she thought.

"What's about that?" Amano inquired.

"I got it! Yukari wasn't able to tell me about your arrival since I was so busy about something …he he he" she cut short. She cannot tell him her silliness during these past few days. 'Oh! My! Crazy! Crazy! Crazy!' Hitomi mumble to herself while hitting her head. She back to her old self. Amano gladly thought while smiling handsomely to her. 'She's Cute!' He secretly confessed. :)

Yukari and Hitomi met on their waiting place. Surely, Yukari had a worried looked on her face when Hitomi spotted her first. And like as usual Hitomi explain everything her. Of course as what everyone else will expect after hearing those 'incidents!' would truly been thrown in surprised. Hitomi just laugh her way out loud after seeing her friend's ridiculous reaction. Who wouldn't be?

"Oh my! Oh my! I could believe my ears! Are you sure it is Van?" Yukari asked overwhelmed.

"Hope He's not, But he is! And He really did! He's crazy!"

"What about this goody-devil Dilly???"

"You already heard right!? He punched him! Oh! Dear! How many times do I have to repeat answering your stupid question! Hitomi was really pissed off this time.

"Hush! Hush! Calm down Hitomi. She's only teasing you." Amano break in.

"She's not funny anymore!"

"By the way, I would like to met those two in person." Both Yukari and Hitomi exchange glances. "What!?" they both cried out.

"Hey! Hey! I didn't mean anything!" Amano's defending himself, gauchely. But both girls had already an amused expression on their face. "You see, I'm just curious how the two looks like. Besides, they're somewhat had a thing on you Hitomi."

"And what do you mean by, 'had a thing on you Hitomi.'" Hitomi mimicked Amano while trying to get hold of what he's trying to imply.

"Ah! Nothing, just forget it. Moreover it's obvious, Right Yukari? " Yukari just nodded despite the fact that she doesn't got it either.

"See?" now, Amano is smiling genuinely to her. 'What the heck!' she thought trying to hide the sparks she's beginning to felt from those smiles Amano's giving her.

"Cut that off will ya! I'm here! Hello!" Yukari broke in. Sensing something from those two. Amano was the one who offered a hand to breakthrough with the awkward situation their having.

"May I escort you both, home?"

"Sure!" Yukari gaily answered.

"What about you Hitomi?" Amano said with gentleness in his voice.

"Of- of course." Hitomi answered.

And then Amano walked both the girls home. Like those days. Those ever-faithful days. The moon shone gracefully above them, smiling upon those ever-faithful friends with a promise of blossoming future.

* * *

At Albatou's mansion, Dilandau was busy instructing his apprentice about their future plan and new rules. Advocating the changes he thought was necessary. After a three long hours of conference, at last it's already been finished. He ordered them to go home and keep in mind those they had been discussed, except of course for Chesta. Since he is Dilandau's ever-faithful assistant. It is true that he's staying at his Master's Mansion ever since.

"Dilly-sama, they all had already parted. Anything else you need Sire?"

"None at the moment, you can have your rest. I'll call for you later if ever I had."

"Thank you Sire."

Chesta left his master alone the corridors and headed directly to his room. Dilandau on the other hand waited for his assistant to be nowhere-to-be-seen then abruptly heads his way to his library and walked past his secret room. The room was huge enough for his valuable collections he secretly kept to himself. Everything was truly remarkable, expensive and so elegantly designed by top artist around the world. But there is one thing he preciously adored; it was the finest painting he asked to be painted last school year. Every single night before he goes to sleep he keep on visiting that room just to see her, the lovely maiden of his dreams. He too was surprised how on earth he had fallen drastically to her. Even on his dreams he was been haunted by her ever-gorgeous face and sweet gentle voice. He thinks he already gone crazy. Much more trying secretly sometime to follow her at school. 'This is too much' he thought while sighing out loud.

Dilandau examined precisely his maiden's face. He outlined her cheek down to her chin with his gaze. The yearning demanded him to stay focus and wished hard enough for the girl to come alive and leave the frame even for some little but glorious time to get a hold of her or have the chance to embrace her tightly and feel she truly existed. Or even just, heaven would favored him a chance to have a closer look at her handsome nature's colored-eyes. Like a gem, an emerald shining to its fullest. The shades of greens reflecting her emotions or so it seems. And on top of all… to have tasted the lips he ever dreamed of kissing passionately with his own. The lips he never expected or wished to be kissed by anyone else except him. And never! and never! he dreamed of seeing someone kissed those lips intended for him alone to be tasted first by that bastard! That foolish Van! The heck of him, his damn-full raven-haired rival or so it seems!

"Oh! that's enough!" he said loudly "Someday ….you will wake up, realizing she's cannot be yours, since she's mine and mine alone… Van Fanel or whoever wanted to take you away from me my dear Hitomi…" Dilandau grins so badly while staring at his Hitomi's huge and lovely portrait with a scar of determination and confident. A while after… his face softened, remembering the moment he shared with his princess. The day he accidentally met her at that boat. The day she and her family as she told him went on trip as her father had promised them. The most memorable day in his entire life. She was alone with him. Alone with him.

"Hmmn… you truly are my little-sweet-lovely thing… How CUTE!"

As usual he day-dreams again and again. Until midnight had strike since then he remembered he needs to sleep. ^_~

Story by

Crejz Ann

Disclaimer: I don't own Escaflowne and the characters.

Authors note: By the way; Thanks a lot Chao-chan and Ashley-chu (Fanfiction.net reviewers)

for your reviews. It helps me a lot and gave me the enthusiasm to finished this chapter and begun writing

The next. For Chao-chan: Hope you get whose the guy with Hitomi on that 'meetings at the love boat'. If u guess it

right, He really is the guy! He he. ^_^. Hoping for more reviews from you guys and gals. It is nice to have

an inputs from you, It helps me a lot. Don't you have to worry I welcome you even you flame me. ^_^

Hoping for some mediaminer reviews. ^_^

.