Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ How Char joined the DS ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I do not own Escaflowne or any of the original cast I do however own Char.

Author's Note: Thank you to all three reviewers. ^_^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Folken had taken Char back to his quarters to re-cooperate while he went to give Emperor Dornkirk his daily report. Entering a dark room Folken pushed down on three small columns causing an image of an old man appeared on a huge screen.

"Your majesty" Folken replied bowing his head in respect to the elderly man.

"What is the latest report Folken?" The elderly man replied in an old raspy voice.

"Your Highness, two members of the Dragon Slayers found a young woman today in the woods. She came from…." He was cut off.

"A pillar of light" Dornkirk finished "I saw it."

"Yes your highness" Folken answered.

"Is the woman well Folken?" Dornkirk asked.

"Yes your highness she has a small fever, but that's all. She should be fine in a day or so" Folken answered.

"I see" Dornkirk replied. "Folken you must do what ever you can to keep this young woman with us."

"Yes your majesty" Folken answered.

"She may prove to be of value to our future," he continued. "Go find out everything about this young lady and report back to me in one hour" Dornkirk finished.

"Oh but your majesty she is not well and she is shocked and frightened" Folken protested. "Surly we could wait until she feels better before interrogating her."

"No, I want to know as much about her a soon as possible Folken, do it now" Dornkirk ordered.

Folken lowered his head angrily. "Yes your majesty."

The image disappeared and Folken quietly left the room retreating back to his quarters.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mean while back in Folken's room Charlotte was curled up on Folken's bed hugging her knees to herself just trying to make something out of this. But no matter how hard she tried it didn't make any sense.

"How can this be? It just doesn't make any sense," Char whimpered to herself. She was suddenly brought back to reality at the sound of the door creaking open and shut, then the sound of soft footsteps approaching the bed. Char suddenly felt a warm hand brush a few strands of her hair behind her ear and Folken's sweet low voice speaking to her.

"How are you feeling?" He replied gently.

"I'm scared," she confessed not looking up to meet his gaze.

Folken sat down next to Char and rubbed her back gently. "I know!" he answered.

"It just doesn't make any sense," Char continued. "How can this be happening?" she whimpered.

Folken looked down at the frighten girl and sighed heavily. "I don't know Char, I wish I did but I don't, but I do know this. I am going to everything in my power to return you to your home."

"Really?" Char gasped looking up to meet his eyes.

"Really!" Folken answered brushing a strand of hair out of her eyes. `She really does have beautiful eyes' Folken thought to himself.

Suddenly Char flung herself into Folken's arm, catching him completely off guard. "Thank you!" She cried burying her face into Folken's left shoulder.

Folken felt his face flush a bit at her sudden actions but quickly pushed his feelings aside and just held her for the next few moments, trying to calm her.

"Now young lady…" Folken replied pulling away. "I'm supposed to ask you some important questions right now. Do you feel up to it?"

Char wiped the tears from her eyes with the back of her hand. She really didn't feel like talking. "Will I get in trouble if I don't?" She asked.

"No!" Folken answered. "But I probably will!"

Well Char didn't want to see that happen, after Folken had been so kind to her. The last thing she wanted was for him to get in trouble at her expense. "Okay! What do you want to know?"

"Well for starters, how about your whole name?" Folken asked pulling out a quill and paper.

"My name is Charlotte Peace Marshal!" Char answered.

Folken couldn't resist. "Charlotte! What a womanly name" he chuckled. (Author's Note: The definition of Charlotte is `Womanly').

Charlotte had heard that crack about a dozen times but smiled and laughed anyways. "Yes I guess it is!"

"Hmm Peace! What a sweet middle name!" Folken replied `And a wild coincidence' he thought. "How does one end up with such a name?"

"Don't ask me! I think my parents were high at the time!" Char answered.

Folken snickered loudly and bit down on his bottom lip trying to control himself. "All right!" He chuckled.

Char just smiled cheerfully.

"How old are you Char?" Folken finally asked after regaining control of him self.

"I will be nineteen on the 2nd day of August, currently I am eighteen!" Char stated proudly.

`August? They must do their rotations differently on the Mystic Moon! I will have to learn more about it later!" Folken thought to him self. "Okay! Where are you from?"

"Earth!" Charlotte answered, wondering why he was asking something he already knew.

"No-no! I mean what country? Do you have those where you're from?"

"Of course we do!" Char stated a bit annoyed. "I am from the country of Canada and the province of Ontario!" Char answered.

"Do you have any family Char?" Folken asked.

"Yes, my Father David, my Mother Carol, and my younger brothers Dion and Daniel!" Char answered sadly turning to look out the window.

`Uh-oh! Maybe I should have waited before asking her about her family!' Folken thought to him self. "Char-"

"Folken what if I never see them again?" Char interrupted.

Folken got up and stood next to her placing his good arm on her shoulder. "You will!" He answered. "You have the word of Folken Strategos and my word is my bond!" Folken replied.

Char turned and smiled at Folken. "Thank you!" She replied wrapping her arms around his waste, hugging him.

"Uhhh… Yes!" Folken answered pushing her gently off and cleared his throat. "Well shall we finish?" He relied.

Char smiled "Yes we shall!"

Folken went back to his seat and picked up his quill and paper again. "Okay let's see!" He started. "Uh… Have you ever received any training in the arts of battle?"

"Ha-ha-ha what do you mean? With like a sword?" Char laughed.

"Precisely!" Folken answered.

"Ha-ha-ha oh yeah I'm a regular Gladiator!" Char joked.

"Really?" Folken asked cocking his eyebrow.

"No, it was a joke!" Char replied snickering. "No I have had no training in the arts of battle. Although I did take a self defense class a while back!"

"Mm-hmm!" Folken replied taking down detailed notes. "Do you have any special skills or talents? Like mind reading, fortune telling, pychokinesis, or anything like that?"

"Nope! I'm just your regular Joe!" Char replied.

"Okay and lastly just how did you end up in Astoria?" Folken asked.

" I have no idea, all I remember was getting off the school bus at my house and being picked up by some big light and waking up here!" Char answered.

"That's it?"

"That's it!"

"Do you remember what you may have been thinking at the moment, that the pillar of light came?" Folken encouraged.

"No I don't rem…" Char suddenly paused. "Oh no!"

"What? What is it?" Folken asked.

"I do remember what I was thinking at the time the light came!" Char gasped.

"What were you thinking?" Folken asked.

"I was wishing I was somewhere else!" Char whispered.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^

AN: I'm so evil. ^_^

~Char~