Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ I am ❯ 0 The Fool ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey yo's. I stopped writing this fic a bit ago, cause I was getting bored of it. But now, I'm into again. So here it is, in all its glory and newness!!! `I am' with all my grammatical errors corrected! (For the most part). And for any of you who read it before, they would know that the chapters are different now. I have combined some of the shorter chapters to make longer ones, and the chapter names are different as well. Well R&R!!!!

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Escaflowne characters. They are all owned by…well you all know. But Hikaru is a product of my own twisted mind. So please do not use her without permission.

Thank you and onward to the story!!!

~*~*~*~*~* Page break

I am

0 The Fool

Divinatory meaning: Adventurous quest. A Choice of possibilities. Foolhardiness. Thoughtlessness. Lack of attention to detail. Naiveté.

Reverse meaning: Faulty evaluation. Apathy. Lost opportunities. Bad choice.

"You stupid worthless girl!!! No wonder you keep getting sent away!! You don't respect the people who take care of you!!" a man's voice shook the small house.

" I didn't ask for this!!" a teenage girl yelled back, " I never chose to go with you! They made me!"

A girl around the age of 15 stood in the messy living room of the old little house. Her bright green eyes flashed with anger and rage. Her black hair hung, greasy at her shoulders. Her face was dirty and her bare legs were covered in bruises. She stood, facing her most recent foster father, ready to fight or run, whichever she found gave her the most chance at little injury.

"Damn it, Hikaru!" the man yelled, " I can't deal with you anymore!"

"What do you mean DEAL with me!?" she yelled, " All you ever do is hit me and yell at me! You call that DEALING with me!? You're nothing but a sick loser!"

The man slapped her across the face, "Shut up you stupid Bitch! The only thing you're good for is hitting!" Picking up the backpack she had packed, he threw her against the wall and punched her in the stomach. Then he threw her out the door and into the street.

"You're gone, Hikaru. Go wander the streets for a little while. Maybe it'll do you some good." Tossing her bag at her, he slammed the door.

Hikaru hugged the small bag that held all she owned and the only thing she had left of her mother. It was only her mom's old high school uniform, but it held all her mother's stories and memories. Fighting the tears forcing their way to her eyes, she stood up. Her white shirt was covered in dirt and blood, and her shorts weren't any better.

"I need to take a shower…and change. Where can I do that?" she calmly asked herself.

Looking in the direction of her school she made her choice.

Breaking in shouldn't be hard. And the school showers are really my only choice.

Trembling slightly from the thought of the school locker room showers, she walked off in her bare feet.

I am never going back. I'll find somewhere to go. I don't need any of them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Van sat on his bed staring at the pendant in his hand. He hadn't been able to reach Hitomi with his thoughts. It was like she was fighting him and wouldn't let him through. But then…she just wasn't there to reach. He had become over whelmed with fear for the earth girl, but he was unable to confirm his fears, which made everything hundreds of times worse. All he could do was hope and pray that she was all right.

A knock on Van's door got his attention, and he raised his head as he called for the person to come in.

When the door opened, it was none other than the pink-haired cat girl, Merle. She bowed her head as she made the reason for her presence known.

"Van-sama, His majesty Chid of Freid and Sir Allen are here to see you. They said it was important," she seemed proud of herself for being so formal. She had left Van alone after he started acting strange. The hugging and licking had stopped and she was a lot more polite than usual jut to keep him in a good mood.

It took Van a few seconds to process what Merle had said. When he completely got it he smiled at her.

"Thanks, Merle. Tell them I'll be down in a few minuets," he then put Hitomi's pendant back around his neck.

Merle looked at him sadly before closing the door and heading back to Chid and Allen. She hadn't wanted to bother him, but Allen had convinced her it was important. Whatever it was, it had the entire group worried. Dryden had returned to Pallas and requested that Allen go to Fanelia to speak to Van, seeing as how he and Allan got along a lot better than the merchant and the king. He had come from Freid and Chid had already left for Fanelia. Allen had met up with the prince on the way, and they now waited for Van to come hear their news. Because what they had to say concerned Hitomi…and Van would want to know.

Merle was worried about what Allen was going to say. But then again…how would they know anything about Hitomi when Van-sama is the one that has a connection with her? Could it be that Van-sama's contact with Hitomi had been cut off? Could she be dead? Before she could let her fear take over, she reasoned that Allen would have told her right away if Hitomi was dead.

Arriving back at the main hall, where Allen and Chid waited for Van, Merle approached Allen and asked him a very serious question.

"What has happened to Hitomi?" she hid the fear in her voice as best she could. But to no avail, Allen could tell the girl was frightened.

"Merle, we believe that Hitomi is dead. But the aura of her being still exists. Plaktu's apprentice had a vision that lead us to believe Hitomi has a daughter, and SHE is what is keeping Hitomi's aura on earth."

Before Merle could find her voice to reply, a voice from behind her shook the entire room. Full of anger and betrayal, and she couldn't bear to listen or turn around to look at his face.

"NO! YOU'RE WRONG!!! HOTOMI WOULDN'T DO THIS TO ME!!! SHE CAN'T HAVE A DAUGHTER!!"

Van had arrived and Allen mentally kicked himself for not being more careful. He had meant to prepare Van for the news, but the young king had found out the hard way.

This isn't going to be pretty…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Eeeeewwww!!!" Hikaru squealed as she stepped into the shower, "It's covered in…snot like stuff…." She mumbled as she turned on the water.

Her earlier fears were confirmed the second the first drop of water hit her back. The school didn't heat their water. At least she didn't have to smell tonight.

"Oh, crap." she said as she worked the cheap shampoo into her hair. "Where am I going to sleep?"

She hadn't even thought on that topic. She was trying to avoid it as to not stress herself out. But now she had to think up a solution.

"Well…I could just walk around and not sleep," she said to herself as she rinsed her hair clean of the watermelon-flavored shampoo.

No…that shouldn't be an option to me at all…walk around not sleeping? I've done that too often. But what else can I do?

By the time she had the cream rinse in and out, she had made up her mind to sit on a bench in the park listening to her music for a few hours. After that she could walk around…or sleep in a box in some alley.

She walked to her locker; dripping wet, and began entering in the combination. After the click of the lock opening reached her ears, she pulled open the door and pulled out her towel.

She dried herself off and pulled her clothes out of her bag. Only one problem, they were too dirty to wear. So she took her mother's old uniform and began putting it on. Hikaru used her own short-sleeved dress shirt to wear with the brown skirt and school jacket/top. She left the buttons on the jacket undone so the shirt underneath could be seen.

The teen sighed as she pulled the skirt up to her waist and zipped and buttoned it. She looked at her gym locker and pulled out her socks and tennis shoes. Putting them on, she closed the locker door and packed her things back into the backpack.

"I guess that should do it," Hikaru looked up at the clock in the room.

"It's almost ten…hmmm…I should get going before someone figures out I'm here."

Finally the girl grabbed the bag and flipped the light switch. Making her way back to the window she smashed in. As she approached her exit, the crunch of the glass under her feet made her remember all the other houses. Remembered all the anger, fighting, blood, tears, smashed furniture, and broken glass.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Maybe you should sit down, Van-sama," Merle spoke to the trembling Van.

Trembling from fear and anger, Van slumped to the floor with a completely stupefied look on his face.

"I know it seems impossible, Van, but Plaktu's apprentice has never been wrong about his dreams. He never even knew Hitomi, but he had a dream about her. That means that there is some truth to this." Allen tried his best to keep the king with them. He knew that this news would hit the boy hard, and it had.

"How can it be possible, Allen? Prince Chid," Van looked at the blonde youth. "Do YOU believe it? Do you think that Hitomi is really gone?"

Chid stood, unable to speak any words of comfort to the heart broken king in front of him. He didn't want to upset Van by saying he did believe the words of Plaktu's apprentice, but he didn't want to lie either.

"I don't know, Van. I don't know what to think. But we can't let Hitomi's death be out of the question."

It can't be…she can't be gone. Tears clouded Van's eyes. But suddenly, a familiar voice cut threw his thoughts.

A small hum, that's all it was. But there was no doubt in his mind that it was Hitomi. Not only that, the tune was the song Folken had always hummed. It HAD to be Hitomi.

Suddenly Van jumped up from the floor and ran to the nearest window, the others not far behind.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hikaru sat on the park wall humming. She had never heard the actual song. Only heard the tune hummed by her mother when she was feeling sad. Her mom had said that the man `Folken' in her stories had whistled it a lot. It was a song from the Kingdom of Fanelia.

"Fanelia…I want to go to Fanelia." Hikaru closed her eyes and continued to hum.

Before she knew what was happening, a bright light engulfed her and she was falling through an unfamiliar sky. She was freefalling to a ground covered in stone buildings.

The last thing she remembered was a white winged figure flying toward her, and then someone caught her in their strong arms. Who ever he was, his dark brown eyes seemed kind.

End chapter 1

More or less the same as it was. The next chapter is all of the chapters I wrote after this all rolled into one. With a BUNCH of extra at the end.

~Kitty