Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Love in unusual places ❯ posters ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wow, new fic out (even though I haven't finished my gundam wing fic =^-^= ) Everyone behold my new obsession, DilandauXHitomi. Scarry, isn't it? Anyways, I don't own anything, Esca belongs to..who ever owns it. Oh, but Diana's mine (if you haven't guessed, she's DJ, shhh..) You can review if you see fit, but you don't have to. This was made for pure enjoyment for me, and to express how cute I think Hitomi and Dilandau would be together. Oh, this is set in AU. Thanks!

Hitomi looked at her friend with bright eyes, holding a piece of paper up to her face. She and her friend Diana were standing in the hallway of their high school, while people moved around them, in front of a big, brightly colored poster that said `Cinderella: try outs today after school.'

"Come on DJ! It'll be fun! Try out with me."

Diana glared at her friend. "Do I look like an actress? No! I'm not trying out for some stupid play! There's no force on earth that--"

Hitomi smiled evilly. "I heard from Amono that Van is trying out.."

Diana's lit up for a moment, then a blush spread across her cheeks. "Why would I care about that? It's not like I like him or anything."

Hitomi snorted. "Right, and I'm the queen of Sheba! You like him,, everyone can see it!"

Diana's blush grew. "Shut up." Hitomi smirked, knowing she had won. Something caught Diana's eye and she turned to her left, just in time to see a silver haired boy, flanked by several other boys, moving down the hallway towards them. Everyone moved out of they're way as they walked past. The boy was wearing tight jeans, with a blood red woman beater and a leather jacket over it. The other boys were wearing the same things, but instead of a red woman beater, they all had blue ones. She could hear them laughing.

At the sound of the laughing, Hitomi also began to look at them, a slight frown appearing on the face. "Who the hell do they think they are?" she growled. She glared at the leader. The boy, noticing the glare, gave Hitomi a smirk and sauntered over to the two girls.

"Well hello ladies, or do you classify as that?" This produced a small growl from Hitomi. He continued. "So, how are you? Pretend I care."

"A lot worst off now that you are here. Why don't you just go shove it?"

Dilandau tsked. "Such language." Then he noticed the poster in Hitomi's hand. "What's this?" he asked as he took it from Hitomi's hand.

"Hey, give that back!" Hitomi yelled.

Dilandau glanced over the sheet and cracked up laughing. "You two, in a play? That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Like you two could ever act."

Hitomi grabbed the sheet of paper back. "We can act better then you ever could, dumbass."

Dilandau raised an eyebrow, then assumed a theatrical pose. He cleared his throat. ""The quality of mercy is not strain'd. It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest: It blesseth him that gives and him that takes*." He smiled as he finished.

The girls jaws dropped. "W-what the?" Hitomi stuttered.

Dilandau just kept smiling. "I took acting classes for 2 years." He said as he started to walked off. He waved his hand slightly at them. "Later Kanzaki, oh, and TRY not to trip over your feet too much today."

Hitomi glared daggers at his back, searching for something to say to him. "Yeah, well I bet you and your stupid acting classes can't get you a role in the play, and even if they could, your too damn ugly to get picked anyway."

Dilandau stopped in his tracks, his muscles going tense. He turned back around to Hitomi and walked over to her so that their noses were touching. "Oh yeah, well let's just see who gets picked and who doesn't. Let's make a bet Kanzaki, the person to get a part and do the best in it gets the other person to.." he searched for something, then a thought occurred to him, and a slow smirk appeared on his face. "The other person has to become a slave for a month."

Hitomi smiled. "Your on loser!"

Dilandau kept smirking, and turned back around to his group. As they were walking away he called over his shoulder "Oh, and Kanzaki, I like a back rub every day after school, 3:00 sharp remember. You'll need to know that for when you lose."

Hitomi shot one last glare at Dilandau and turned back to Diana, who was wearing a smirk on her face. "What?" she demanded. "What?" she demanded. Diana just kept smiling. "What?" she tried again.

"Could you make it any more obvious?"

"Huh?"

Diana rolled her eyes. "Could your crush on him be any more obvious?"

Hitomi shuttered. "C-crush? What the hell are you talking about? I do not have a crush on that jerk!!"

Diana grabbed the forgotten poster and began to walk down the hall towards their next class. "Sure you don't, what was it, and I'm the queen of Sheba?" She chuckled as she entered the class. Hitomi followed her in, fuming.

* From The Merchant of Venice - 1596 - Act IV. - Scene 1. - Rows:184-186